Montgomery Boarding School (G...

By wantingtofly

All Rosemary wanted was to receive the education she needed to secure a promising future. Not knowing she had... More

Montgomery Boarding School
CH. 2 The Welcome
CH. 3 Yoga Room
CH. 4 Tutor
CH. 5 Soaking Wet
CH. 6 Little Shrimp
CH. 7 Circus Lights
CH. 8 21 Questions
CH. 9 Baby Mama
CH. 10 Overtime
CH. 11 Oh Baby!
CH. 12 Crybaby
CH. 13 Kid's Meal
CH. 14 Welcoming 2.0
CH. 15 Hangover
CH. 16 Toddler's Meal
CH. 17 Paint Fight!
CH. 18 Girlfriend
CH. 19 Spoiled Brat!
CH. 20 Playhouse
CH. 22 Chucky on the Loose!
CH. 23 Ok Daddy
CH. 24 Props Rosemary
CH. 25 Roaches
CH. 26 Butterly Garlic
CH. 27 Marry Me
CH. 28 Piña Colada
CH. 29 No Title
CH. 30 Poolside Service
CH. 31 Donkey Kong
CH. 32 Guess the Kiss
CH. 33 Sus
CH. 34 Greasy
CH. 35 Outed
CH. 36 Peeping Tom
CH. 37 Trick or Treat
CH. 38 Hot in Here
CH. 39 Horsey
CH. 40 Table 21
CH. 41 New Girl
CH. 42 Cold Mornings
CH. 43 Mind Games
CH. 44 Puppy Bone
CH. 45 Polaroid
CH. 46 Two Face
CH. 47 Pizza Fingers
CH. 48 Slap A Witch

CH. 21 Homewrecker

2.5K 113 141
By wantingtofly

Rosemary's P.O.V

Violet's bedroom door was locked. I pressed my ear against the door while knocking. To see if I could hear her.

"Violet, please," I pleaded and knocked some more. "Talk to me," I tried turning the knob but it was useless. No matter, it was going to remain locked. During these moments, I wished to have super powers to force the door to open.

"Leave me alone," she sniffled. Oh no, she was crying.

"Violet, let me in," I worried for her. My hands pushed on the door, desperately wanting to hold her in my arms. How could she handle being alone in there? Yes sure, we had our differences but I still cared about her. I really did, whether I liked it or not. "If you don't open up then I'll kick the door down," I warned. Shit, I was bluffing but she couldn't tell.

At least, I heard the door unlocking. As soon as I was able to, I opened the door and hurried inside. Closed the door behind me and locked it.

"Why are you locking it?" her hands slid underneath her eyes, roughly. Trying to hide the tears from me. It was too obvious though.

"So that you won't try running out," I answered her while letting go of the door knob. I took steps towards her.

"Don't come close," she took steps further back.

Not listening to her request, I kept walking towards her. "Why not?" I asked. Her lower back hit the bed frame, stopping her from taking any further steps. Now that I reached her, I stood directly in front of her. "Please Violet, tell me what's wrong," I really needed to know. It was bothering me.

Her tears were hurting me. Seeing her cry was heartbreaking. It tore me apart and even made me want to cry. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Her eyes narrowed down as she cried. Her hands covered her face. Her shoulders jumped while she cried heavily but quietly.

Feeling hesitant, I slowly rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Please Violet, tell me," I insisted, being cautious in a way.

Still looking down, she questioned, "Why do you care?"

"Because I care about you," I placed my finger underneath her chin and made her look up. Her eyes remained looking down. "Would you please just look at me?" Slowly, her eyes looked at me. "Now can you tell me?" I asked, cracking a smile.

She nodded. "The girl who...," she paused. As if gathering her words. "The girl who I... like," maybe I did not want to hear this now. "She doesn't like me," her face fell into her hands again as she cried.

God, how was I supposed to help here?

"How do you know?" is the only thing that came to mind. My heart was pounding hard against my chest. Just by knowing that Violet liked someone.

Yet again, it could be me? We've kissed! Yet again, she's also made out with other people. Not to mention that when we first kissed, she was drunk. Did it even count? For me it did.

I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Violet gathered herself. She wiped tears off her face. "Because I heard her say awful things about me," she cried more. It tore me apart seeing her this way.

My first instinct was to hug her. That's exactly what I did. My arms wrapped around her tightly. And as her head rested on my shoulder, I felt her tears on my neck. My eyes squeezed shut, trying to stop my own tears.

This added more to me believing that I was the girl. I'm always telling her things. Just like she was always insulting me too.

"Maybe you heard wrong," I honestly didn't know what to say. Just wanted to make her feel better. I felt her head shake on my shoulder. "Well, that girl is a complete dumbass for saying those things," I added. If it was me, I didn't care about insulting myself right now. "Violet, you're a very special girl, who deserves to be loved," I was caught up in the moment. Either way, they were true.

She chuckled skeptically. I released her and she took a step back. "She also said that I was a spoiled little brat and a huge bitch," her jaw clenched in anger but there was still hurt in her eyes.

And just then, a flashback came to me.

"That's insane," I laughed in disbelief. "There's nothing going on between us," I wanted that to be out there. "Besides, I can't stand Violet. She's a spoiled little brat," I insulted. "She's a little girl, who has no idea of anything," I went on. "Anyways, she's not my type, she doesn't have the qualities," I finalized. Or so I thought..., "Violet is plain stupid, a huge bitch," okay, now I finished.

Oh my god, Violet heard that? I thought she was upstairs when I was complaining to the random girl. Never in my life would I have imagined for Violet to know about that. To have heard it.

Wait... that confirmed that I was the girl who she liked? No, no, no, that couldn't be right. Violet hated me! She'd rather died from rabies than to have feelings for me. I felt so confused.

Why did I always do this? Why did I not want to believe that she also felt something for me? Truth is, I was scared!

"Violet," my eyes narrowed down, wandering to the floor. I felt my lips go dry. Oh god, my forehead felt cold while everything else felt hot. I was going to be sick. I couldn't believe it. There had to be a mistake, Violet couldn't possibly like me. My stomach felt like it was in knots. "Am I the girl?" my eyebrows connected in confusion. Ugh, my mind was all over the place.

I looked at her, waiting for her response. Heavy tears ran down her face as she nodded.

"Yes but I also hate you," she confessed. "I don't want to like you," she gulped down hard. "I hate you!" her hands pushed me back. Her tears wouldn't stop.

I looked down away from her. Just like I was, she was struggling with her feelings too.

"So what do you want to do? Pretend like this never happened?" I asked, not really caring anymore. Whatever decision she made, I was not going to hold her to this. It was made very clear that she didn't want anything to do with me. Yes, she had feelings for me but she was practically considering it a curse. Well, I was too.

I looked at her.

"Yeah," she nodded. She chewed on the inside of her cheek. "It's better if we just leave it as it is," she stated.

"Okay," like I said, I was not going to argue with her about it. I liked her but at the same time, I wasn't sure about it. There were times in where I wanted to kiss her but there were also times in where I wanted to choke her. A relationship between us two would be unhealthy. Strange to everyone. "Just know that I'm sorry for saying those horrible things," I apologized. "I feel extremely embarrassed about it," I said to her and then turned around to leave.

Her hand gripped mine, "Wait," she turned me around. "Just one kiss," and with that said, she cupped my face. Without giving me any time to react to it, her lips quickly pressed on mine. Passionate from the very first second, her lips kissed my upper lip. Her hands held my head in place. And just like that, I kissed her back. I couldn't back away from her kiss. From her lips.

Knowing that it was the last kiss, my arms wrapped round her waist, tightly. Kept her close. My lips left hers, kissing passionately to her jawline. It was hard to resist Violet. As much as I now tried stopping myself, I couldn't. I wanted the kiss to go on and on.

Violet pushed back though, "That's enough," she licked her lips. "Bye Rosemary," she turned away from me and started climbing into bed. Meaning that I had to leave.

"Bye Violet," I gathered myself and walked towards the door. I was actually hoping for Violet to jump out of bed and pull me into her arms. To continue the kiss. I had to be strong though. Strong to not go back.

**********

In the lounge room, mostly everyone was hanging around. A group of guys played football, clearly annoying the rest of the people who were trying to enjoy a peaceful afternoon. Two dumbasses threw a notebook back and forth as another guy pleaded for them to give it back to him.

"Don't you have something better to do?" I interfered and caught the notebook.

"We're just playing a little game of monkey in the middle," the idiot joked.

"Then get in the middle," I snickered. Even his friend laughed at him.

"Why don't you get in the middle?" Before I knew it, I was trapped between him and the other idiot. Their smirks irritated me.

I kneed him in the crotch, "I win," I walked around him. Dropping to the ground, the guy placed his hands between his legs and turned red in the face, groaning in pain.

Laughing her ass off, Lola waved me over to her table, "I was about to go help you but you got it," she applauded me.

Off from the side, Edgar commented, "Congrats, he'll never reproduce another generation of dumbasses!" He joked.

"Dude, hurry up!" Nick rushed him. They played a game of pool table. "You know I'm about to win, quit acting slow," Nick remarked. There was only an 8-ball and solids on the table. Meaning that Nick just had the 8-ball left to win.

Edgar snickered, "I'm letting you win because you cried last time like a little bitch!"

"That's not true!" Nick whined. "I had allergies that day!"

"Allergies for 2 minutes?" Edgar squinted his eyes at him.

The group of guys watching the game laughed mockingly. Humiliated, Nick threw the pool stick to the table and started putting his blazer back on.

"I'm not wasting my time with y'all stupid asses! Dumb asses! Dumb fuckers!" Nick stormed off.

Edgar gestured for everyone to stop laughing. "Oh come on! Don't be a sore winner too!" He stifled a laugh.

"They're all dumb," I commented as I took a seat at the table.

"Except for Edgar," Lola excluded. Questionably, I eyed her. "What? He's different from the rest of them," she believed.

"Slightly better," I gave her that. Wandering my eyes around, I saw Lucy sitting by herself. No Violet in sight. Where was she? I saw her earlier but we didn't interact. It was awkward now. I wondered if she was with someone else. The thought of it disturbed me. "Hold on," I excused myself from Lola. I walked up to Lucy's table. "Hey," I made my presence be known since she was so stuck on her phone.

She looked up, "Hey."

"Have you seen Violet around? I haven't seen her," it felt weird asking for her but I couldn't stop myself.

"Why are you asking for Violet?" Rachel startled me.

I looked over my shoulder. Only to see her eyeing me with attitude and with her arms crossed. I cleared my throat. God, it was easier to ask Lucy than Rachel. Lucy was my roommate and was friendlier than Rachel.

"Just wondering how she's feeling, it's all," I down played it.

"She's perfectly fine without your disturbance," god, Rachel was harsh. "Not that you actually care though," whoa, what was up with her? I was feeling attacked.

Lucy intervened, "Isn't she in your room?" She asked Rachel. Rachel eyed her as if to silence her. It didn't seem to register with her because Lucy added, "I remember her saying..." her words fizzled out when Rachel eyed her harder and she caught on.

I sighed, "Is there a problem?" I questioned Rachel. Clearly, she knew where Violet was.

"Nothing that concerns you," by the way that she kept staring me up and down, I knew she was upset with me about something but what? Did Violet tell her what happened? If she did then it shocked me. I thought she wouldn't want anyone to know. Not even her best friends.

Not knowing about her whereabouts was freaking me out now. The way that Rachel was being so secretive was sketchy. Something was going on and I just needed to verify that she was okay!

But I was also scared of catching her with someone else.

Ugh, I rather check on her.

"Truth is, her parents called me and want me to pass down a message," I lied so that she could take me to Violet.

Skeptical, Rachel questioned, "What message?"

"I can't tell you, I have to tell her myself," I insisted. Skeptically, she laughed. "If I don't get this message to her then she's going to be in a lot of trouble with her parents!" I added to the lie to make it more believable and add pressure.

"We can't let that happen!" Lucy panicked, pleading with her eyes for Rachel to tell me.

Awe, poor Lucy. I felt bad.

"No!" Rachel stood her ground. "You're lying!" She caught my bluff.

Frustrated, I sighed, "Whatever, I'm going to look for her in your room!" I started my way.

"You don't have permission to go in it!" Rachel was right behind me.

Ignoring her, I picked up the pace. I could hear the heels of her boots trying to keep up with me. There were different sets of dorm rooms in the building. Rachel's new dorm room was in another section from mine.

Reaching the section, I heard a scream.

Both Rachel and I froze.

"You bitch!" A hateful shout came from the dorm room in front of Rachel's. We ran into the room. Crying, Olivia was cursing Violet out. "Why did you do this, you bitch!"

Olivia's side of the room was destroyed. The bed flipped over. Blankets on the ground with perfumes and lotions spilled all over them. Pillows slashed. Scissors on the ground. Decor broken and scattered on the floor. Pictures cut to pieces.

Next by it all, Violet held a knife.

"Violet?" I mumbled out, not knowing what to make of it.

Hysterically crying, Olivia rushed into my arms for comfort, "Rosemary! Violet wrecked my things!" She cried on my shoulder.

"Eww, you have such a ugly crying face," unsympathetic, Rachel remarked.

"Your bitch ass friend destroyed everything!" Olivia snapped back at her and sniffled loudly.

"Bitch you're going to get boogers all over Rosemary," Lola appeared at the doorway, unsympathetic as well.

Violet dropped the knife, "No, it wasn't me," she stepped away from the knife when it landed on the floor.

"We all saw you!" Olivia accused. "Tell her, Rosemary! Tell her we all know it was her!" She pushed me forward to defend her.

I was loss for words. My mind was spinning. I was still processing what I walked into. All the yelling and crying.

I stared at Violet, trying to read her. "It wasn't me, I swear," she looked confused and lightheaded. Her eyes shifted to the flipped bed, processing it.

Could she be faking it?

"Are you being completely honest?" I so bad didn't want it to be her.

The moment I asked, tears whelmed in her eyes. More than offended, she looked hurt.

"We have no business being here!" Rachel pulled Violet out of the room.

"What am I going to do, Rosemary?" Olivia cried back into my arms.

"Move out to another boarding school," Lola gave a suggestion. Olivia eyed her. If her eyes were darts, they'd pin into Lola. "While this one gets renovated," Lola rephrased.

I gestured for her to stop. It was a sensitive matter. No more jokes needed to be thrown her way.

"Olivia, I'll help you clean up and fix whatever still works," I offered to calm her down.

"Thank you!" Yet, she held on to me tighter.

Olivia needed me more than anyone right now but I felt the urge to run and check up on Violet. Ugh, why was she in the room? Why was she holding the knife? I didn't want to believe it but it all pointed to her.

**********

By now, the whole institution found out about Olivia's room incident. Rumors were going around about who could have done it. Everyone knew about Violet being found in it holding the knife. Yet, people made the argument that it wasn't her.

A lot of it had to do with the fact that Rachel and Lucy were campaigning for her innocence. Many backed them up and whoever didn't, they silenced them. Threatened to ruin their social life.

Properly wearing the school uniform, Nick and Edgar slammed brief cases on the table. I couldn't remember when was the last time I saw them this cleaned up. Trousers appropriately worn with a belt. White button down shirt tucked in. Tie firmly all the way up and tucked into the blazer. Blazer buttoned in the middle. To top it off, they had shades on.

Stifling a laugh, Lola asked them, "What do you think you're doing?"

"We're investigating an incident that occurred in a dormitory at approximately 3 o'clock pm," Edgar sounded foolish.

"I know you're trying to be proper but you sound ridiculous," Lola teased. Seemed like she was trying to flirt with those fluttering eyelashes.

"The headmaster is already on it," I informed, so they'd stop playing around.

Making me feel like a fool for saying that, Nick laughed mockingly, "Sunshine, that idiot is jerking off as we speak."

I double glanced at Nick and turned to Lola, "Did he just call me sunshine?"

"Bottom line is!" Edgar intervened. "We got to find this home wrecker!" Pressing his lips together to not laugh at his own pun, Edgar turned to look at Nick. "See what I did there?"

"Duuuude!" Nick gave him a fist pump.

I face palmed.

In unison, they opened the brief cases. Edgar took out a mini notepad and pen. Nick unbuttoned his blazer for more comfort and pulled out a flashlight. Why the hell did he need a flashlight for?

"Where were you at the moment of the incident?" Edgar prepared to take notes.

Was he serious? "I'm not going to play into this-"

"What are you hiding?" Nick blinded me with the flashlight. Oh there goes it's purpose!

"What are you guys now? Good cop, bad cop?" Lola helped protect my eyes from the bright light.

Edgar motioned for Nick to take it easy with the flashlight. "We're trying to write suspects off our list," Edgar explained. "The more you cooperate, the faster we'll be out of here."

"Unless you're sus!" Again with the bad cop act, Nick pointed the flashlight directly into my eyes.

Lola sighed, "I was here chillin' and Rosemary was here too, then her and Rachel left and walked into the chaos."

"Is that right?" Nick questioned me.

Before he could blind me again, I covered my eyes, "Yes!"

"The flashlight is off," Nick put it down.

Edgar took note of everything, "We'll have to verify your alibi with Rachel," he threw the notepad and pen back into the brief case. "If we have more questions, we'll look in your underwear drawer!"

I couldn't with these dudes.

"Now, we'll go to the crime scene and take a look," Nick grabbed the brief case handle and buttoned his blazer again.

"I can't believe they're that bored," Lola commented. "Anyways, has Violet admitted to it?" She wondered.

"I haven't seen her. She's been in Rachel's room," I shrugged. "I barely left Olivia's room like half an hour ago," I added and massaged my temples. I was so stressed and overwhelmed by the incident. "You think Violet did it?"

Unsure herself, Lola took a moment to think about it. "She seems like the kind of crazy to do it... but I honestly have no idea," she shrugged it off. "It all points to her."

"I don't know if she'd go to that extent," I still didn't want to believe it. "But why would she be there?"

Not interested on the topic, Lola shrugged.

-

Waiting for the chance to talk with Violet, I hid by Rachel's dorm room. The not knowing was eating at me. I needed Violet to tell me again that it wasn't her and to explain why she was in Olivia's room.

An annoyed Rachel came out of the room. Followed by Lucy... and Edgar and Nick? If they were caught over here, they'd be in trouble. Apparently their so called investigation was more important.

"Leave Violet alone already!" Rachel went back to yank Nick and Edgar by their ties. As if they were collars, she pulled them further away from the room.

They escaped her grip.

"We're trying to rule her out! There's evidence stacked up against her!" Edgar argued, acting like he was doing it in Violet's best interest.

Nick snickered, "It wasn't Violet," he stated his opinion.

Edgar leaned over to him and whispered, "She's not ruled out just yet."

"I'm just saying, Violet is a queen and doesn't need to waste her time on something so stupid as that," Nick defended, confidently. "It doesn't add up," he went ahead and scratched her name off the list.

Edgar took the notepad from him and wrote on it, "Still on the list until she speaks with us!"

"Why don't you go question Melanie and Chantel! Where were they at when it happened?" Rachel added to the suspects list.

Edgar fired back, "They were busy! We've ruled them out!"

"Busy doing what?" Lucy's eyebrows furrowed.

Nick smirked, "Eating each other out."

Rachel groaned, "Fine! Violet will talk to you later!" She agreed to let them back in the room.

Victoriously, Edgar and Nick exchanged a look.

The four of them walked off. I waited about a minute before coming out of my hiding spot. Quietly, I opened the door to Rachel's room and peeked my head inside.

Alone, Violet slept in Rachel's bed. Now that I was here and saw her resting, I didn't want to disturb her. In the process of closing the door, I pulled it a little too hard. To stop it from slamming, I slipped my hand in and it got smashed.

I yelped in pain. Oh shoot! Violet! Squeezing my hand, I looked over at her and saw her sit up, startled.

"I'm so sorry!" I felt awful for scaring her like that.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice sounded weak. Evidence of her crying, her eyes were all red and puffy. "You have no reason to be here!"

I was already here, might as well ask her. No turning back anymore. "Violet, we need to talk about what happened to Olivia's room," I welcomed myself in.

Violet hid her face in the pillow, "What does it matter? You're convinced that it was me either way!"

I sat at the end of the bed, "Why were you in there?"

Violet sniffled, "I don't want to talk to you!" She pulled the blanket over her head.

"Violet, if you'd just stop acting out for once-"

Violet threw the blanket off herself and sat up, "Because that's all I'm to you, huh?" Tears were strolling down her face. "Just some bratty bitch that only cares about herself and breaks shit, ain't that right?" Pain filled her eyes as more tears ran out from them.

My heart ached to see her crying. I didn't want to see her hurt. No matter what I did, I made things worse when it came to her. I didn't know what to say or do. I overthought everything when it was about her. I just couldn't do anything right.

"Rosemary, why are you talking to the bitch that destroyed my room?" Olivia came storming in. At the sight of her, Violet sighed and chewed on the inside of her cheek. "Just so you know, I've already told everyone the kind of horrible person you are and what you did!" Quickly, I stood up and made Olivia step back. Violet stood from the bed. "Now more than before, Rosemary sees your true colors and how ugly you are from the inside!" Whoa, whoa! She could not speak for me!

Right away, I turned around to face Violet, "I-"

Violet didn't let me continue, "You know what," she harshly wiped the tears off her face but tears were still fighting their way out of her eyes. "Yes! It was me!" She admitted? What! No please no! With watery eyes, Violet looked into mine, "You win," she sniffled. "I'm everything you think I am," her voice wavered. Hearing her voice crack ached my heart.

"And worse," Olivia added on her behalf.

Violet pressed her lips together and tilted her head back slightly, looking up. She took a deep breath and exhaled, "And you know what? I'd do it again! I'm not sorry. Need more?" She asked me.

I was more than disappointed in her. Every time that I thought Violet was a good person deep down, I was proven wrong. She had to do something to remind me that she felt entitled and thought she could do whatever she wanted without consequences.

"You're pathetic!" Disgusted, Olivia mugged her. "She's not worth our time," Olivia grabbed me by the hand and pulled me out of the room. At the door, I looked over my shoulder and saw Violet fall back into bed. Face crying into the pillow. Olivia pulled me into her room. A little mess remained, which we were supposed to finish on tomorrow. "I have a plan!" Mischievously, she grinned.

"What plan?" I didn't like that look of hers.

"Violet can't go without a punishment," she stated.

Oh no. I wanted all of this to just end! Today was a complete nightmare. Last night, the kiss with Violet was surreal but today, I saw her as a complete different person. I didn't even know who she was. As of right now, I didn't like who she was portraying to be.

"The headmaster will take care of that," I stated, so she could forget about the plan.

"But Rosemary!" She whined. "He's not going to do anything! Violet needs to learn a lesson!" She insisted. I shook my head no. "If no one puts a stop to her then she'll think it's okay and will do it to more people!" Olivia sat me down on her roommate's bed and kneeled down in front of me. "Please Rosemary," she pleaded. "Violet feels entitled and needs to know that her actions will have consequences!"

Unsure but forcing myself to agree, I asked, "What do you have in mind?"

Olivia grinned excitedly, "We'll switch out her face lotions for smelly ones!"

That was her plan? Seemed childish and like an amateur prank. For a lesson, it wasn't bad. No harm in it. Plus Violet would realize that it's not okay to mess with other people's belongings. Hopefully it would put things into perspective for her.

The damage that she caused in the room wasn't fair. The smelly lotion prank wasn't nearly as bad to be honest. She could wash it right off.

"Okay, I'm in then," I gave in.

"She's so obsessed with her appearance, she's going to freak out when she realizes it!" Overly excited, she rubbed her hands together. "I'm going to give you the lotions and all you gotta do is squeeze the original lotions out and fill the containers up with the smelly ones!"

Easy to do and quick.

**********

Violet's P.O.V

Today was a new day and hopefully the chaos from yesterday eased down. Yesterday, I didn't go out at all. Worst part was when I was found in Olivia's vandalized room.

I remembered it perfectly.

Rosemary really hurt my feelings. The one person who I thought made me feel comfortable and at home when I was in her arms. All a lie though. In reality, she thought so bad of me.

Days ago when I heard Rosemary talking shit about me, it destroyed me. I couldn't remember when was the last time I cried so much and felt so hurt before. I've always known that she thought of me as a brat but I never thought she hated me that much. The one person I wanted to see the real me, was the one who saw me as the worst.

I hated my feelings for her. I could not keep lying to myself anymore. I had feelings for her. I confirmed it after being heartbroken over what I heard.

Needing someone to vent to, I came to Rachel's room to cry.  To stop me from crying, she reminded me of how badass I was and how I didn't need anyone's approval. That a queen didn't cry over peasants. I've told her to not use that term but she still did.

Rachel planned for us to have a girl's night and watch movies with a bottle of wine. First, we needed Lucy to be here with us. I had told her that I was coming here. Rachel went to get snacks and said she was going to bring Lucy with her.

Alone in the room, I looked for good movies to watch or a series.

Noise came from another room. What the fuck were they doing? Did someone sneak a guy in and they were fucking? Sounded like bed noises. Moving around.

I rolled my eyes at that and continued to look for something to watch.

More noise came from the room across. Why were people so annoying and inconsiderate. They weren't the only ones who lived here!

After a while of hearing the disturbance, I grew agitated and hurried to the door. The moment I opened the door, I saw someone run out of the room. I couldn't make out who it was though. They wore a black hoodie to not be recognized.

"Hey! What the fuck?" I shouted behind them.

Too much noise came from that room. Holy shit, did something happen in there? Like did someone get hurt? Suspicious how that person ran out in a panic.

I ran into the room and my mouth dropped. A total mess. Everything was upside down! Broken. Only one side of the room was wrecked. Someone was targeted. I stepped closer and saw ripped piece of pictures. All the pictures had Olivia in it.

Holy shit! All of these destroyed things belonged to Olivia!

A knife was by my foot. I picked it up. Pillow cotton was on it. This must have been used to slash the pillows with.

A scream made me jump. Turning, I saw Olivia in the room.

"You bitch!" No one had ever yelled at me with so much hatred. "Why did you do this, you bitch!" Fuck, she thought I did it? I looked at the knife in my hand. For fucks sake!

Rosemary and Rachel came running in.

Immediately, Rosemary's eyes shifted from the mess to the knife in my hand. I could see it in her eyes, she thought it was me. Of course, I never stood a chance. She always thought worst of me!

The memory made me want to cry again.

Rosemary kept questioning me so much that I eventually confessed to doing something I didn't do. What was the point of defending myself if they practically considered me guilty already? At this point, I didn't care anymore.

Rosemary really hurt me.

She believed everyone and anything but me.

I cried my eyes out last night but it was time to lift myself up. I made it back to my room and cleansed my face. Applied lotion to my face and took a nap.

The nap wasn't long but it helped.

"Violet, we're having lunch," Lucy said, so I could officially get out of bed.

Rosemary walked in and I couldn't help but to feel a lump in my throat. No! No more crying!

I sat up in bed, "Is Rachel ready?" I scratched my face. It felt itchy.

About to pop out, Lucy's eyes grew big. "Violet, your face!" In horror, she covered her mouth.

"What?" I scratched again.

Right away, Lucy showed me a hand mirror, "You have a rash!"

Looking into the mirror, I screamed in horror, "My face!" I started crying. What the hell happened? I never had a rash like this before! I always took care of my skin very delicately! I didn't understand how this could have happened!

Rosemary hurried to see, terror filled her eyes, "Oh no..."

I cried in panic, "Lucy!"

Rachel walked in smiling but that quickly disappeared when she saw me, "What happened to your face?" Horrified, she came running to be by my side.

A laughing Olivia clapped her hands, "Work done by Rosemary and I," victoriously, she celebrated.

Rosemary was part of this? Choked up to find out that it was her, I shifted my eyes to her but had to look away right away. Already feeling the tears of hurt fighting their way out. I cried differently when I cried out of pain compared to when I cried because I was being dramatic. I didn't want them to see that I was hurt by Rosemary.

I felt the pain in my chest. I felt like I couldn't breathe and just wanted to cry. I hated this feeling in the chest. All the hurt built up in it. The lump in my throat. I bit on my tongue to not cry anymore but it wasn't working.

"What do you mean?" Rachel ran up on Olivia.

"We switched out her lotions," Olivia laughed, hiding behind Rosemary. "Now you look just as ugly from the outside as inside!"

Rosemary was stuck on my face. She stepped forward, leaving Olivia exposed to Rachel. "Violet, I swear I didn't know it was going to give you a rash!" She tried justifying herself.

Not that it changed anything. What was done was done! The fact that Rosemary went along with it. She had the intention of messing with my face. She teamed up with Olivia. For what reason? Because she was convinced that I was capable of destroying her room.

I know that I wrongfully confessed to it but part of me was hoping that she'd know me better than that...

To make matters worse, Edgar and Nick came into the room. Another girl was with them. I think that was Olivia's ex? I couldn't remember.

"Whoa, are you having an allergic reaction?" Edgar got extremely close to examine the rash.

Lucy nudged him in the ribs.

"Focus, Edgar!" Nick snapped at him. "You're still gorgeous, Violet," he complimented.

"I have this cleansing and lotion kit that will help," Edgar offered.

Nick moved him aside, "We just came to let y'all know that we've figured out who destroyed Olivia's room," he stated. Immediately, I looked at him.

Edgar focused, "After taking everyone's testimonies and looking at the crime scene, we've put everything together," he elaborated. "We also found something in the room that led us to the one who did it," he motioned for Nick to continue with the rest.

"We found this," he held a broken bracelet. "Does this look familiar?" He showed it to Olivia.

Olivia had a poker face, "No." She completely denied.

The girl stepped up, "Don't lie!"

"Georgina, go ahead and explain what happened," Edgar instructed.

"Olivia vandalized my dad's car, so I vandalized her room," she confessed. Everyone in the room gasped. Other than Edgar and Nick, of course. Olivia gasped late. More like trying to imitate everyone else. As if she had made the biggest mistake of her life, Rosemary's face turned pale.

"The bracelet belongs to Georgina and it fell off when she was flipping the bed," Edgar explained. "Nick found it and saved it in the evidence bag because he had remembered seeing it on someone before but couldn't remember at first."

"We told you guys all along that it wasn't Violet!" Rachel rubbed it in their face, especially Rosemary. Fidgeting, Rosemary stared down to the ground, letting it sink in.

Olivia gasped in shock, "So it was you all along?" She questioned Georgina.

"You knew it was me!" Georgina scoffed. Wait what? Rosemary looked up right away to soak up all the information. "You saw me running down the hall of the dorm rooms!" Georgina reminded.

In disbelief, Rosemary clenched her jaw and shook her head at Olivia. "You knew it was Georgina and still accused Violet?" Anger filled her eyes. "And still insisted on punishing her?" She stepped away from her the furthest possible.

Georgina took another look at my face and sighed, "You used the rash cream on her?" She questioned Olivia. Olivia played dumb and looked up at the ceiling.

"A rash cream?" Lucy panicked even more.

"She used it on a friend of mine because she was jealous," Georgina elaborated.

"On top of everything, you knew this was going to happen to Violet?" Rosemary raised her voice, sounding like she wanted to fight her. "You told me is was just a smelly lotion!" In distress, she ran her hands down her face.

"Violet, I'm gonna go get the nurse!" Lucy ran out of the room.

"And I'm about to beat this bitch up!" Furious, Rachel grabbed Olivia by the hair and dragged her out of the room.

"You crazy bitch!" Olivia yelped in pain. "Rosemary! Help me!" Her screams faded out as she continued to be dragged far away from here.

"That's all we got," Nick motioned for everyone else to leave.

Just the two of us, Rosemary came to my bed side and kneeled down. "Violet, if I would have known what the cream was actually for, I would have never done it!" She looked regretful and remorseful but it was too late. She caused me too much pain and I don't think anything could ever fix that.

"You acted against me," I couldn't get over it. My heart pounded hard against my chest and ached in pain. Looking at Rosemary only made me want to cry.

"But that's because you said you had done it," she justified. "I'm really sorry! Tell me what I can do for you and I will! I promise!" Her eyebrows furrowed, pleading to be forgiven but I just couldn't.

The pain in my heart wouldn't allow me to. I was hurt and I honestly couldn't look past it. I never thought she'd do this to me. It wasn't even about the rash. The thought of them planning it and probably laughing to know that they were going to cause me harm... that's what hurt me so much. Rosemary could have stopped Olivia but instead, she helped her. Even if it was true that she thought it was going to be a smelly lotion, she was part of it.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 8.2K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...
8.6K 365 18
Nikki's school life was very bland and military-like until the new art teacher came to bring it color and creativity... To spice things up. After all...
2.6K 317 21
A young y/n is sent to a boarding school by her mother. There she meets two people who contribute to an interesting, conflicting time there. Who will...
9.6K 376 19
Chelsea is only seventeen, but she's already gotten into her fair share of trouble -- breaking and entering and truancy, mostly. In a last-ditch effo...