Never

By piisawesome31415

Harrison Potter. Brother of the boy who lived. Forgotten by most, despite surviving that night when Voldemort... More

Prologue - The Cloaked Man
Ch. 1 - Life At Potter Manor/Shopping For Wands
Ch. 2 - Hogwarts Houses and Rivalries
Ch. 4 - Confrontations Suck. But at Least We Have a Friend?
Ch. 5 - Settling in

Ch. 3 - The First Day

783 26 1
By piisawesome31415

A/N: I don't own the prefect speech, I basically just copy pasted the one from Pottermore and made a few changes, don't come after me please.

"Hey Potter, wake up."

Harrison groaned, turning over in his bed. 

"Potter," the voice repeated

"Shut up," Harrison grumbled, burying himself under his blankets. 

"Seriously Potter, you have to wake up."

He squeezed his eyes tighter and shoved his head underneath, "Don't care."

The person took a deep breath, "POTTER, GET THE BLOODY HELL OUT OF THAT BED!" he yelled

"Holy Merlin! What was that for, Malfoy?!" Another voice said

"He wasn't waking up."

"Well you didn't need to shout so loud, the whole bloody school could hear that, I swear."

"Circe, Potter, you look like an inferi. You'd better get cleaned up before we have to report down common room," the person, now identified as Malfoy, said

Harrison rolled out of his bed, wrapping the sheets tightly around himself as he walked to the washroom.

After a hot shower and a brushing of teeth he was finally fully awake. He quickly changed into his green and silver robes and, with Theodore, Malfoy and another boy called Blaise Zabini, ran down to the common room.

Thank the gods no one had actually heard Malfoy shouting, otherwise he might've died on the spot from embarrassment. Most of the first years were already there, the other years seemed to have already gone for breakfast aside from one of their prefects.

"Congratulations! I'm Prefect Gemma Farley, and I'm delighted to welcome you to Slytherin House. Our emblem is the serpent, the wisest of creatures; our house colours are emerald green and silver, and as you know, our common room lies behind a concealed entrance down in the dungeons. Now, there are a few things you should know about Slytherin – and a few you should forget.

Firstly, let's dispel a few myths. You might have heard rumours about Slytherin house – that we're all into the Dark Arts, and will only talk to you if your great-grandfather was a famous wizard, and rubbish like that. Well, you don't want to believe everything you hear from competing houses. I'm not denying that we've produced our share of Dark wizards, but so have the other three houses – they just don't like admitting it. And yes, we have traditionally tended to take students who come from long lines of witches and wizards, but you'll find plenty of people in Slytherin house who have at least one Muggle parent. We don't really care whether or not you are a half blood or even muggleborn, if you're in this house you are destined for greatness. We play to win, because we care about the honor and traditions of Slytherin.

In Slytherin we are all brothers and sisters, we will always look after each other. The corridors of Hogwarts can throw up surprises for the unwary, and you'll be glad you've got the Serpents on your side as you move around the school. As far as we're concerned, once you've become a snake, you're one of ours – one of the elite.Because you know what Salazar Slytherin looked for in his chosen students? The seeds of greatness.

You've been chosen by this house because you've got the potential to be great, in the true sense of the word. All right, you might see a couple of people hanging around the common room whom you might not think are destined for anything special. Well, keep that to yourself. If the Sorting Hat put them in here, there's something great about them.

A few more things you might need to know: our house ghost is the Bloody Baron. If you get on the right side of him he'll sometimes agree to frighten people for you. Just don't ask him how he got bloodstained; he doesn't like it. The password to the common room changes every fortnight. Keep an eye on the noticeboard. Never bring anyone from another house into our common room or tell them our password. No outsider has entered it for more than seven centuries and we want to keep it that way.

Speaking of things that we want to keep, our streak of winning the house cup. I don't want any of you breaking rules, and if you must don't get caught. Stick together, if one of you do happen to somehow get in trouble, you'll be each other's alibi. The other houses may fear us, they'll possibly attack us, particularly the Gryffindors. Gryffindors will do anything, no matter how stupid to try and put down and attack a Slytherin. Don't let that affect you, keep a plethora of masks, if you feel hurt don't show it, you must always act superior to the other houses," she paused, letting them take it all in, "Do you all get that?"

They all nodded in understanding

"Alright then, hurry up and get to breakfast. You have a long day ahead of you."

•••

The next week was not great to say the least. First of all he was forced nearly every hour of the day with Malfoy and his crew because of the fact that he had no other connections. Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini weren't so terrible he found, but it was grating to Harrison to have to listen to Draco Malfoy sprout his pureblood dogma and brag about his father's money and connections all the time.

But, to the great distaste of Harrison, they did grow to have an unsteady and somewhat sardonic bond.

Then there were the classes. Most lessons weren't so bad though, in fact some were even good like Transfiguration. Which despite being one of the so called hardest classes was quite fun and pretty simple in Harrison's opinion. Professor McGonagall wasn't a teacher to cross. As soon as they sat down they received a harsh lecture on how any messing around with the complex and dangerous magic of transfiguring would result in an automatic detention and fifty points off. 

She changed her desk into a pig and back again as a demonstration for the students. They were all very impressed and couldn't wait to get started on transfigurations like that, but instead McGonagall assigned them each to change matchsticks into needles. By the end of the lesson, only a few people including Harrison had achieved this.

Charms was alright, Professor Flitwick was a short little man who had to stand on a stack of books to see over his desk. The only thing about him that slightly irked Harrison, was that the man was overly excited about the fact of him being the brother of Jayce Potter.

Three times a week they had Herbology in the Greenhouses behind the castle with Professor Sprout, where they learned about sorts of magical fungi and plants, their properties and how to care for them. They also had to study stars and planets in the sky every Tuesday night.

And there were absolutely horrid classes like History and Defense Against the Dark Arts. Defense was mostly a complete joke to the Slytherins. Quirrell's lessons were very one dimensional, he copied the textbook almost word for word when teaching and when he wasn't reading the textbook he was rambling about vampires in Albania and an African Prince's zombie infestation. As for History of Magic, it was taught by a century old man named Binns. The most interesting thing about his lessons was the fact that he was a ghost. Most of the things he taught were outdated and if you mentioned it to anyone with a proper education in History, you'd likely get hexed halfway across the country if not across the entire globe.

By the start Friday the only classes Harrison hadn't attended were Potions, which were that morning, and Flying which would start next week on Thursday.

•••

"What are you doing Potter?" Malfoy asked, leaning over his shoulder

"Screw off, Malfoy," Harrison muttered

"We haven't had any homework assignments yet, relax. You haven't eaten a bite." It was the morning of the last day of classes of their first week when they were eating breakfast. Harrison had barely touched his food.

"I'm writing a letter, and it's none of your business."

Malfoy scoffed, "To the Potters? Why does it even matter?"

"Because I care, okay? Stop bothering me," Harrison said, "Go tag-a-long with Crabbe and Goyle or something."

He recoiled in disgust, "Why would I do that? They're not the slightest bit interesting at all."

Harrison rolled his eyes, "About as much as you are."

Draco's face grew very red, "Shut up, Potter."

Blaise laughed, "Come on Malfoy, have some sense of humor."

"It wasn't very funny," he grumbled

"Oh, it was."

Theodore started packed his things, "I'm going down to Potions now, any of you coming?"

"Yeah, yeah," Harrison said, "I just have to drop this off at the Owlery, we can stop there on the way." he folded his parchment neatly and slipped it into his robes

"Ugh, I can't believe we have Potions with the Gryffindors," Draco groaned, "They just have to ruin everything!"

"Shove off Malfoy, no one cares. If you don't want to go, no one's forcing you."

"Fine, let me go find Vincent and Greg," Malfoy said, Harrison snickered quietly. "What?" Malfoy asked, confused

"Nothing. Go find your loyal henchmen, Malfoy," Harrison smirked

He rolled his eyes, "You're terrible, Potter."

Harry flashed a mocking smile, "You too."

•••

"Jayson Potter!"

"It's Jayce," Jayce said

"Excuse me?" Professor Snape said, his eyes narrowing

"I go by Jayce, Sir."

"Very well, Jayce Potter. But if you think you can get away with your cheek just because you're a celebrity than you are sadly mistaken, that's a point taken from Gryffindor for your impudence. Let's see if you decided to open a book before coming to class. What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Harrison glanced at Jayce nervously, who looked completely stumped. Neville shifted uncomfortably next to Jayce, not liking the way everyone was staring in his and Jayce's direction.

"Erm-a...I don't know?" He said

Snapes lips curled into a sneer, "Tut, tut — clearly fame isn't everything. Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

At this point it was impossible to notice the tension in the classroom, a girl in the front row had her hand raised as far as it would go without leaving her seat, despite the fact the questions were all aimed at Jayce. Malfoy was shaking with laughter, which prompted Harrison to elbow him in the stomach (he burst into a fit of coughs) and Neville Longbottom was sweating in his seat, looking like he would rather be anywhere else.

Jayce hesitated before answering, "It's found in the stomach of a sheep, right?"

"Wrong, Potter. Thought you wouldn't read up on the material before coming to class, eh?"

Jayce didn't say anything, he just stared down at the ground in shame. Harrison knew for a fact though that Jayce had spent hours pouring through all his books and their mother had told them all about potions, growing up, it wasn't his fault if he couldn't remember everything.

"What is the difference, between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Snape was still ignoring the girl's hand, who was now standing on her tiptoes

"Erm..." he hesitated, "Is this-uh, is this a trick question professor?"

"Answer it," Snape glowered

"None, sir? There's no difference?" Harrison sighed in relief at this: Jayce hadn't forgotten everything that their mother had taught them be

"Are you asking or telling Potter?"

"Um, telling, sir? I mean-er, yes, I'm telling."

Snape scowled, "You are correct Potter. For your information, a powdered root of asphodel combined with an infusion of wormwood will make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death and a bezoar is a stone found in the stomach of a goat that will cure most of any poisons. Well, why aren't you writing this down?!" A rustling of parchment paper and scramble to get quills and ink sounded through the room. "And you, Granger!" he snapped at the curly haired girl who'd been far too eager to answer the questions, "Sit down! That's a point from Gryffindor."

The girl – who Harrison now recognized as Hermione Granger – sank back into her seat crestfallenly.

Harrison sighed, it was too bad, if she'd been a little less eager she probably would've gotten through the first week just fine. He looked back up at the board, a set of instructions were written down on it.

"-a cure for boils. You may begin."

Draco looked at Harrison, "You wanna get the ingredients Potter?"

He frowned, "What?"

"Never mind, clearly you weren't paying attention. We're working with our desk mates, Potter; to make a–"

"I know. A cure for boils," Harrison groaned, "Out of all the people to be stuck with it had to be you prick."

"Well, you chose to sit with me, now you have to deal with it, you arse," Draco retorted

"Whatever. I'll get the stuff, you stay here and set up the stupid cauldron and whatever else."

As Malfoy and Harrison made their potion, Professor Snape swept around the room criticizing nearly everyone, except Malfoy. Even Harrison got a snark comment about how he handled his crushed snake fangs wrong and added dried nettles a millisecond too early, despite being partners with him. He was just telling everyone about the perfect way Malfoy stewed their horned slugs, when a loud hissing sound filled the room. Neville had somehow managed to melt Jayce's cauldron into a twisted blob and the potion spilled all over the floor. Within seconds the entire class had climbed up their desks and seats while Neville collapsed and groaned in pain as angry red boils sprang up all over his arms and legs.

"Circe! What an idiot! It's going to get all over my robes," Draco said

"Oh, stop whining Malfoy," Harrison snapped

"Idiot boy! I suppose you didn't take the cauldron off the fire before adding the porcupine quills. You – Potter!"

Jayce flinched, "Yes sir?"

" Why didn't you tell him not to add the quills? Thought it'd make you seem better if he messed up, did you?"

"Wha–"

"Two points from Gryffindor."

"Sir!" Jayce protested, "I wouldn't do that, Neville's my partner!"

"Silence! Get out of my class Potter, escort Longbottom to the Hospital Wing on your way out."

Harrison felt himself standing up on his stool to defend Jayce before he could stop himself, "Professor! You can't do that, Jayce didn't do anything!"

Snape's glare turned towards him, "What Potter?! Would you like a detention as well?"

He froze as all eyes turned toward him if they hadn't already, "I..." he paused, his brother looked at him hopefully, "I-I'm sorry sir, It won't happen again."

"Be sure that it doesn't."

"I understand."

Snape turned to the rest of the class, "You're all dismissed. Get out."

(Idk what to write anymore so i'm just going to cut it off there. hope you enjoyed the update, I might do some editing later, if there are any grammar mistakes or typos or any other things that don't make narrative sense plz tell me. thanks.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 628 30
Linnea Potter, the twin sister of Harry Potter, was the boy who lived. She had a better upbringing than Harry for a time until the letter came. Every...
13.6K 500 15
TW: PHYSICAL ABUSE AND TRAUMA CAUSED BY ABUSE IN THIS FIC DISCONTINUED BC ITS TROPEY AND BAD Harrison James Potter is the twin brother of the Boy-Who...
10 0 2
✴"No one can rewrite the stars, its impossible-"✴ ❇"Watch me."❇ --- Avery Potter, twin sister to famous Harry Potter, and enemies with the ever prese...
11.6K 531 56
For almost 10 years, the twins Joni and Harry Potter lived under the roof of their relatives the Dursleys, who treat them poorly, and with no knowled...