Let's Marry Whom My Sister Lo...

By shobani

I witnessed my husband's affair with my younger step-sister on our one-year anniversary. I started to drink a... More

Preface
Prologue
Chasing Stars (1)
Chasing Stars (2)
Chasing Stars (3)
Chasing Stars (4)
Chasing Stars (5)
Chasing Stars (6)
Chasing Stars (7)
Chasing Stars (8)
Chasing Stars (9)
Chasing Stars (10)
Chasing Stars (11)
Chasing Stars (12)
Chasing Stars (13)
Chasing Stars (14)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (16)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (17)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (18)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (19)

Chasing Stars (15)

2.2K 60 16
By shobani

Chapter 15

"Today, I've had fun." I sighed heavily as I leaned on the balcony staring at the moon, feeling the cold breeze of the midnight air.

"So did I." Mikhail answered, taking a sip of wine from his wine glass. I watched as he finish the wine sexily- I mean smoothly.

"Cecil, you must be a dancer in your past life. Since you managed to dance with the fast beat of the waltz earlier without feeling thirsty." I giggled as I tap on his broad shoulder.

"I'm just an average dancer, Your Highness. Plus, I think you dance better than me." It was not a lie though. He carried and lead the dance even with so many swishes and sways. The count of the waltz started with a 'one-two-three-four and 'one-two-three-four step, but as the music played longer, our steps soon turned into a 'one-two-three-four-five' and a 'one-two-three-four-five-six' until our steps ended with a 1258372768-

"Did dancing with me not make you feel anxious anymore?" I shook my head.

"I'll admit that it did at first, but when both of us started dancing, it lessen my anxiousness. Thank you." Mikhail nodded in reply.

"The pleasure is mine, Cecil."

The crowd at the banquet hall stayed rowdy as ever, with all the chit-chatting and murmuring, but here in the balcony, both of us stayed silent. Not saying a single word as we just stared at the moon. I remember that I used to stare at the moon on the balcony in my past marriage life as well. I did it often while waiting for my husband to arrive late at night, just to see him arrive home in the broad daylight.

I sighed deeply. Would my life be better after revenge? I wanted to do many things, like traveling from nation to nation, working at the Imperial Palace like my father and sitting with paperwork all day, visiting my relatives from other nations, falling in love, having children of my own, growing old with the man I love and die peacefully and happy.

I sighed deeply once again. Thinking about this just makes me more anxious. Seeing the fall of Rachelle throughout my revenge would be eye candy, but what happens after that? I ruffled my hair gently, trying not to mess hair. But then I notice that something was missing.

Right! Sapphire Forrest was disguised as a hairpiece! I cupped my hair again hoping to touch the ring, but sh*t, the ring was nowhere to be found. It must've fallen when we were dancing earlier! I mean, come on- with all those spins and steps and speed dancing earlier, of course, an unsecured 'hair piece' would fall out of my hair! Is this the time where I finally meet my end?! Without even carrying my revenge yet?

But calm down- we can always ask someone for help. Like that one newspaper ad called 'Call a friend!'

I turned to Mikhail who had his chin rested on his palm. He looks at me with his brow raised. "H-have you seen- you know, Sapphire Forrest anywhere earlier? Like, did it fall from my hair? Or did it touch the ground?"

"You were looking for this?" He shows his left hand that was hidden earlier with Sapphire Forrest wrapped around his forefinger. I was bugged eye to see it, but at the same time, I felt relieved.

"Oh god! Thank God that you have it!" This means I don't need to get beheaded.

"Didn't I tell you that I'll take care of it? I knew that Sapphire Forrest would most likely fall from your hair whether you like it or not. It is unsecured after all."

I raised my brow at him as I pointed at the ring that was wrapped around his finger. "How'd you get that, anyway?"

"I got a chance to secretly remove it from your hair whilst we were dancing." I then turned my eyes to the sky, reminiscing when did I think it was. And oh- flashback but, maybe he did steal it whilst we were dancing I guess.

"Earlier, you were sighing so deeply. May I know what's on your mind?"

"Oh, It was just me overthinking about the future again."

"About the future..." He looked so serious as he thinks. "What will you do now once you carry on your revenge successfully?"

"Other than us planning on divorce, I don't have any more ideas on what to do in the future."

"Do you not have anything that you want to do?" I sighed heavily.

"Of course I do. I have lots. But I guess the future won't matter now. I'll think of them once I moved on from the past."

"The past...?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah. The past that quilted heavily inside my heart. Not something easy to forget, but it will eventually fade after vengeance."

Mikhail chuckled softly. "Does Cecil live for revenge or something? Revenge is the only thing you've talked and thought about."

I grinned. "Maybe. Maybe revenge was something that was made for me. However, I'm not saying that revenge is something good, and that would benefit me."

"Then why carry out revenge?"

"Revenge, is the only karma that I could give, to her- I wanted to be the karma itself towards Rachelle so that she could feel all the agony and letdown that I felt before." My heart and soul burns for that revenge. Silly, but there must be a devil manipulating my heart, but who cares?

The night was late when the party came to an end. I said goodbye to Mikhail who said that would be contacting me soon. Now isn't the time for us to be seen meeting in broad daylight, and sending letters like before would be too risky.

Via who clung onto my arm, half tipsy wouldn't let go of me even though it's time to eventually part ways.

"Cecilllllll~" She called out in a drunken tone. "I never knew that you were hic in love with the damned crown prince~"

"I just danced with him, but that doesn't mean that I'm in love with him," I replied, as I wrapped an arm around her waist to assist her drunken state. I already called for her coach to come to pick her up since she won't let me go anytime soon. Via also needs to rest or else she'll wake up with a strong headache.

"Then why hic didn't you dance with the other noblemen~? hic Were you expecting for the prince to ask you to dance with him~?"

"I did not."

"But whatever you do~ stay away from that hic darned person!" I immediately covered her mouth to keep her from saying something ill of the prince.

"Hush Via! If someone hears you speaking ill of him then you'd be beheaded for treason!"

"Hehe~ Sowwyyy!" Via's coach shortly arrived, and of course, left after getting Via off me. It's almost as if she doesn't want to leave my side. But oh no, this is normal when she's drunk.

After seeing her off, I then continued walking to the carriage where father will be riding. I asked them to park it in the garden and wait for me there.

"Cecil" I flinched as I stop myself from walking. A familiar voice then called out for my name, making me turn around to face him. Just to reveal the person whom I just argued with two weeks ago.

"Count Lay. You've been rude to me ever since. Do you want to continue being rude to me even after our argument?" Calling a lady with whom you do not have an intimate relationship or friendly terms is improper and disrespectful.

"Why won't you let me call you now? You used to tell me that I can call you by your name not long ago!" He took a step forward trying to get closer to me but I took a step backward.

"That was before when I was still stupidly in love with you." He was displeased at my calm state so he tried to grab my hand, which I avoided.

"Why are you avoiding me now? You used to cling to me like a lizard before!"

"Stupid. Why do you keep mentioning something from the past? Can't you just move on and accept that I do not hold the same feelings towards you as before?"

"Why? Is it because of him? The Crown Prince?" I grinned at his statement. Seeing him annoyed just gave me dragons in my stomach.

"So what if it is because of him? What will you do now?" I rested my arms on my hips as I grinned at him confidently as if I'm trying to mock him. He was about to say something when a familiar carriage arrived just meters away from him. Like the carriage was trying to hit him on purpose.

"Milady! The Marquis ordered us to find you and bring you back to the estate without him." I looked at the coachman who rode the carriage. I was kind of disappointing to know that my father won't be riding with me, but at least this carriage saved me from him. I turned to Ron who was still in a state of shock.

"Well then, I'll be off now. No need for goodbyes, I'll be hoping that I won't cross paths with you again."

I said and immediately went inside the carriage. Just to reveal another nuisance inside.

"Hi, sister! Father told me that I should ride with you in his stead. So here I am!" Rachelle cheerfully stated which I just ignored.

One after another...I see. I never knew that there would be plenty of bugs that would be flying around me today. I should have prepared bug spray.

She slid on one side hoping that I'd sit beside her, but to her disappointment, I sat in the opposite direction, not even locking eyes with her.

"So uh- was it fun?" She said breaking the awkward silence.

"You know... dancing with the prince? Hehe" What's it with you?

"It was fun," I said, as I rested my chin at my palm and looked back at the road again. Was she perhaps intimidated?

"D-did, the prince talked about me perhaps?" I looked at her annoyingly. She seemed to be blushing like a mad girl in love. Well, it's not like she's not one herself.

"No."

"Oh." Her face fell in disappointment. "I thought that the prince danced with you instead of me because he was too shy to ask me. Hehe."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her as I sighed in dissatisfaction. "Are you delusional perhaps? Why would the prince just dance to me because he was too shy to talk to you?"

I don't know anymore if this girl is crazy or she's just being a b*tch. "Isn't it b-because he's interested in me?"

"Stop your delusions, Rachelle. Seriously, but it's a big disappointment to our family. Keep your dignity."

I stopped talking to her after that, and Rachelle seemed like she didn't want to say any more words, so she just lowered her head. Was she reflecting on her actions? No, as if she was the type of person to do that.

I plopped into my bed lazily, feeling the weight of my body. I just want to sleep forever at this point, but the only way that I can sleep forever is when I die.

"Ow"

Something was poking on my waist. That's strange, I already changed into my nightgown and everything, and I was sure that I didn't put anything in my pocket. So what could it be?

I sat down and cupped the pocket that was lined on my waist. I didn't notice it at first, but when I took it out, to my surprise it was a pocket watch!

No... this pocket watch was the one the anonymous man gave me at the bar that night I went to drink. Wait. Did this pocket watch travelled with me back in time? No, does the man who gave me perhaps know of something?

"Oh, there's a note."

I grabbed the small piece of paper that was taped behind the watch and read it.

Want to know the answers to your time traveling? Come find me at Ribisscuss Repound...

PS. Bring at least 50 emeralds with you, please? ;>

T-this...who is this person...?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 1K 44
I stand there glaring at my husband. My Prince. His brown irises swirl, deeply glaring back at my own. "I suggest you listen to me, my princess. I s...
77.7K 3.8K 31
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
609K 18K 56
This the OLD version of Owning Her, the updated version is on my page! You can still read this, but it has a different ending! but similar plot. "Wou...
477 32 14
PROLOGUE Mikaela was a beautiful boy with blonde hair , blue eyes and white skin , he was a short in height through. His mother died and soon his not...