Outsider (Sae-byeok x Fem rea...

By Arandomsimpwhosimps

You're just a normal girl who's obsessed with squid game and has a crush on the character named Sae-byeok. Yo... More

Why am I here?
Salesman
Ddakji
Start
Red light Green light
X and O
Improvement
Back in the game
Honeycomb
Night Fight
Tug-of-war
Silence
Upper hand
NOT AN UPDATE (CLOSED)
VIPs
Frontman
Reunion and Rescue
Just random cat pictures I haven't used
An Unforgettable Vacation (Part 1)

Marbles

4K 151 256
By Arandomsimpwhosimps

'I am a stone. I am a statue.'

It's early in the morning, so Sae-byeok is still asleep and still has her head resting on your shoulder. You didn't bother going back to sleep or moving because you were too busy having a party inside your head for the past hours and also because you didn't want to wake her up.

You also had a indelible victorious smile on your lips throughout the past hours.

But of course, Since good things come to an end- The lights soon opened and A loud annoying siren woke everyone up, and Sae-byeok sat up straight, much to your dismay.

'They ask you how you are and you just have to say that you're fine, when you're not really fine but you just can't get into it because they would never understand'

The siren continued, which really irritated you. 'Ah, What a great way to start the morning' You sarcastically thought with furrowed brows before your eyes landed on the confused Sae-byeok beside you.

'HOW CAN SOMEONE LOOK LIKE THAT AFTER WAKING UP-' You mentally screeched.

"Sae." You called her attention and smiled when you successfully got it, "Don't worry, It's fine."

You both stared at each other, but after noticing that others' are standing up, Sae-byeok broke the eye contact and stood up too before reaching her hand down to you, and bringing you gently to your feet.

':DDD hehe'

'Thanks future wife'

The next events were just like in the show- The metal doors opened, The red workers walked in, The triangles pointed their guns at the players and told them to line up in the middle, and Some of the triangles removed the barricade that your team made.

'The fucc-' You thought when one of the triangles pointed a gun at you.

"Move it." He said, but before you could even move, Sae-byeok grabs your hand and pulls you with her to the middle of the room.

"Asshole." You heard her mutter under her breath.

'DAMN, MY FUTURE WIFE IS PROTECTIVE-'

'I didn't go back to sleep but I feel so energized today \(^o^)/'

You paused when you remembered something, 'OH RIGHT- THE OLD MAN-'

"What is it?" Sae-byeok asked when you abruptly stopped. 

"Sorry, I'll be right back, Sae." You smiled reassuringly at her before pulling your hand away and running to the Old man's bed. 'I can use this opportunity too. Don't worry wifey, I won't take long and we'll have lots of time together later.'

"Get up." The triangle worker commanded him but the Il-nam remained to lie on the bed, causing the triangle to point his gun at him, "Get up. Now!" The triangle raised his voice. 'That's Top-tier acting right there'

"Ah wait! Please don't point your gun at him."- You

 "He's very sick right now."- Gihun

You and Gi-hun both said and tried to approach the guard when an another triangle pointed a gun at the both of you. 'Wtf, this is the second time someone pointed a gun at me today'

'Well... I'm gonna get shot on the head later, so I guess I should get used to this.'

'Now that I think about it, I wonder what it'd feel like to have a bullet go through my brain'

The triangle (who's pointing a gun at Il-nam) lowered his gun and pulled Il-nam's blanket away from him, and just like in the show, It turns out that the old man peed his pants. 

'Alright, time to use my extraordinary acting skills.'

"Uhm..." You 'worriedly' turned to the triangle who's pointing a gun at Il-nam, "Please let us help him...! And...please don't point your gun at him, you're scaring him. He's old, please be more understanding." You made sure to fake nervousness and concern when you said that, but the triangle in front of you and Gi-hun just moved his gun closer to you.

"Stop talking." He commanded, so you immediately wore a scared expression on.

"Get up now!" The other triangle 'angrily' commanded Il-nam and moved his gun closer to him.

'Please- All of us except Gi-hun are acting right now💀' You thought and mentally laughed, referring to you, the two triangles and Il-nam.

"Wait!" You quickly called the other triangle when he moved his gun closer to Il-nam, "Just let us help him, we'll join the line in the middle after helping him, we promise." You said with a worried + anxious expression and tone. 'Ugh, just hurry up already, I want to return to my boo.'

The guard stared at you first before looking at Gi-hun and back to Il-nam. "...3 minutes." He said after a few seconds of silence and lowered his gun. He signaled the other triangle and they both walked away, approaching the other players.

"Sr!" Gi-hun immediately approaches Il-nam as soon as the guards are away from the three of you while you followed behind him 'worriedly'.

"Sr, Are you alright? You must've been scared." Gi-hun sighed worriedly.

"Sr, let me help you." You said before helping him sit up, you and Gi-hun then helped him stand up by holding each of his hands and supporting his back with your other hand.

Gi-hun took off his jacket before turning to the Old man again, "Sr." Gi-hun called and tied his jacket around Il-nam's waist after the latter turned to him.

You smiled at both of them, "Please don't feel embarrassed, Sr. It's normal to be scared when someone points a gun at you and talks to you in that kind of tone, Especially when you're old." You said with a smile and patted him on the back reassuringly, "Don't worry, no one will try to pick on you as long as Me and Sir Gi-hun are here." You 'cheerfully' added, causing Il-nam to chuckle.

"Thank you, you two..." He smiled at the both of you.

"Come on, Let's join the line now." Gi-hun smiled at the both of you and you both accompanied Il-nam to the lines.

"Uhm, I'm sorry but I'm going to my other friends now." You 'shyly' said after helping Il-nam join one of the lines and pointed at Sae-byeok and Ji-yeong in a different line. 'Yeah, I want to go to my bestfriend and my future wife, please don't think I'm being rude.'

Il-nam turned to the direction where you're pointing at and you mentally sighed in relief when he nodded in understanding, "Ah, It's no problem. Go ahead, I'm fine." He smiled at you and patted your shoulder.

You smiled back at him before turning to Gi-hun, "Please take care of him, Sir Gi-hun." You said and Gi-hun replied by smiling and patting your head, 'Gi-hun, you really see me as a kid, don't you?'

'But it feels kinda heartwarming so whatever'

'Plus, It's thanks to him that I got to keep watch with Sae-byeok last night ehehehe :3'

You bowed to the both of them as a way to say bye before running and joining the line where Sae-byeok and Ji-yeong are in.

Specifically, You're behind Ji-yeong because you didn't want to skip the line.

____

Sang-woo

Random player

Sae-byeok

Ji-yeong

You

____

"Ji-yeong~" You happily whispered, causing her to flinch in surprise. 'I haven't talked to her much yesterday.'

"Sht, you scared me." She cursed and you quietly laughed.

"Hehe sorry. I was just excited to see my best friend." You cheerfully said but before she could reply, The guards started checking every player and just after the guards finished, the speaker announced that the fourth game will begin momentarily.

"The fourth game will begin momentarily. All players, follow the staff's instructions and proceed to the game hall. Let me repeat..."

You noticed Sae-byeok looking around after the announcement and tilted your head questioningly when her eyes met yours. You observed her and noticed that she looks slightly nervous so you smiled reassuringly at her. 'Well, She doesn't know what's the next game, so It's normal to be nervous. Even Sang-woo and Deok-su look nervous right now.'

A triangle opened the door and one of the triangles walked out so, the other players followed him.

Sae-byeok quickly approached you and grabbed your hand, pulling you with her while you reached for Ji-yeong's wrist and pulled her with the both of you. 

'Oh...'

'What a... unique... decoration-'

'WAIT, I JUST REMEMBERED THAT THAT GREEN GUY HANGING IS 111'

'Damn- he dead lmao'

'Never liked him anyway🙄'

"What you are witnessing right now are the ones who broke the rules of this world for their benefit and tainted the pure ideology of this world. Each and every one of you is considered equal in this world. You must be guaranteed equal opportunity without any discrimination, we promise not to let such an unfortunate incident be repeated. We truly apologize for this tragedy."

Every player looks shocked, so you lowered your head to hide your pokerface.

'Now that you're done with your speech, Can we go now?'

Other players started walking again, much to your delight.

You turned your head to look at Ji-yeong and when your eyes met, you smiled at her reassuringly before turning to the front again. Sae-byeok started pulling you again (while you pull Ji-yeong) but you noticed that her grip is tighter than earlier.

You all entered the white empty room again.

"Your face looks awful." You heard Mi-nyeo insulting Deok-su when you passed by them on the stairs and mentally laughed.

"Welcome to your fourth game." You all turned to the speaker, "This game will be played in games of two. Find someone you wish to play the game with. When two people agree to play as a team and shake hands, you become partners. Let me repeat..."

You and Sae-byeok both turned to each other and you quickly spoke before she could ask or say anything, "We're partners, Okay? Please just trust me." You held out your hand and she stared at it for a few seconds before taking it. 'YES!' You smiled victoriously.

"Thanks, Sae. I'll make sure you win, don't worry. Wait here for a while." You said and smiled at her genuinely before turning to Ji-yeong behind you. 'I need to hurry up.'

"Ji-yeong, I don't have time to explain, but please just trust me and do what I say, Okay?" You quietly said, making sure that other people won't hear it. Ji-yeong tilted her head in confusion but slightly nodded, "Listen- Partner up with someone who looks weak and ignorant/stupid. Don't ask why, please. Just trust me please." You told her, desperation present on your face and tone.

Her brows furrowed, "Weak and ignorant...? Why?"

"Ji-yeong, just trust me please."

She didn't say anything and just observed you, trying to read your intentions. She's still confused but she noticed that you don't seem to have any bad intentions, so she slowly nodded. Your eyes widened and you smiled, "Thanks Ji-yeong, I promise- you'll know the reason why later." You happily said before running away.

Luckily, you found Sang-woo walking towards Ali and quickly stopped him.

'Back! Back I say!'

"Sir Sang-woo. I know that you might not trust me completely but... please listen to me." You said before he could even ask anything, causing him to stare at you questioningly but didn't say anything as if waiting for you to continue. "Don't partner up with a friend. Trust me."

He eyed you suspiciously, "...Why?"

"I know the next game. I can't tell you everything but don't partner up with a friend, and Don't tell anyone else about this. Understand?" You sternly said while glaring at him and left before he could ask anything.

'I need to talk to Ji-tae just in case.' You thought as you looked around desperately.

You sighed in relief when you found 271 and approached him, "Sir Ji-tae." He flinched in surprise but you quickly continued before he could reply, "I'm sorry for not explaining like I promised yesterday. But yes, I did know the 3rd game and that's why I sent you away, you were going to die with us if you stayed in our team."

"...So... you kn-" 'Didn't I just say that I knew' You thought and cut him off before he could finish his question, "I also know the 4th game, so listen to me because I don't have much time." You quietly told him and just like you expected, he was confused.

"....(Y/N)... how do you know the games...?"

"I might or might not tell you in the future, but for now, Listen to me if you don't want to die." You sternly said and stared at him for a few seconds before continuing, "Partner up with someone who looks weak and dull-witted. Trust me." 'He's really confused but he doesn't seem to be suspicious of me at all. Maybe It's because I saved him before OR maybe It's simply because he's just so naive.'

"....Okay..." 'See? He trusts me- someone, who he met just a few days ago.'

"Thanks Sir Ji-tae." 'I'm glad he trusts me though, It makes my work here easier.' You genuinely smiled at him before turning serious again, "I have another favor to ask."

"What is it...?"

"Make sure Ali gets no partner."

His eyes widened at what he said, "What...? How could I do that to-" You quickly cut him off.

"If you want to save him, then do that."

"What?" 'STOP WITH THE WHAT'

You sighed deeply, "Stop asking and just keep in mind what I told you. Partner up with some weak and stupid and make sure Ali can't find a partner- It's for your own good and his own good." You sternly told him before walking away.

"212, Find a gullible partner if you don't want to die in the next game." You whispered to Mi-nyeo as you slowly walked past her. 'Hopefully she listens, I don't want her to die yet.' You glanced at her while on your way to 069 and 070 (the wife and husband) and caught her staring at you so you gave her a stern look before looking away.

You stopped on your tracks when you saw 069 and 070 shaking hands with a small smile on their faces. [Shaking hands with a person means you're both officially partners]

'...' You pressed your lips together, 'I guess I can't change that event then.' You thought disappointedly and stared at them with pity before turning around and walking towards the stairs where Sae-byeok is sitting.

'Ah, that's tragic...'

'What in the Romeo and Juliet-'

You sighed and sat beside Sae-byeok. [Ji-yeong is still finding a partner]

"What did you do?" You turned to her when she suddenly spoke.

"Hm?" You tilted your head and she sighed before turning to you.

"Ji-yeong told me what you told her." She said and stared at you intently, "Did you tell that to 218, 271, and 212 too?" 'Eh there's no point of lying'

"Mm." You hummed in reply,

"Why?"

"I have my reasons."

.

.

.

"...Why didn't you tell 456, 101, and 199? Aren't you close with them?"

"Again, I have my reasons."

"You're not planning anything stupid, right?" 'Don't worry, I'm just planning to let that triangle shoot me on the head, nothing much✨'

You quickly shook your head, "Nope! I plan to help you guys." You smiled.

"...You're hiding something important, aren't you?" She glared at you but you just kept smiling, which slightly annoyed her but she didn't say anything and just looked away.

"You'll find out about it later, don't worry." You reassured her.

She stayed silent so you decided to just look around instead.

It didn't take long until the given time ran out.

Things have changed this time, much to your delight-

Ji-yeong partnered up with an airhead-looking guy, Sang-woo partnered up with a random guy, Ji-tae and Mi-nyeo partnered up with random gullible-looking girls, and Ali failed to find a partner until the time ran out. [Whenever Ali plans to approach someone, Ji-tae finds that person a different partner or simply pulls the person away and distracts him/her and etc.]

Mi-nyeo already had a partner so she didn't throw a tantrum when the time ran out.

You felt bad when you saw Ali's expression though. 

"Wait....I still don't have a partner...!"

'AAAAAAAAAA ALI, I'M SORRY-'

'THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, DON'T WORRY-'

You grabbed Sae-byeok's hand and pulled her out of the room because you couldn't bear to see his expression and hear the tone of his voice anymore. 

'I feel way more guilty rn compared to the time I made a child cry 🗿'

***

'This place looks cool too :000'

"Hey." You turned to Sae-byeok when she suddenly called you and tilted your head questioningly, "You're not in a museum." She said and sighed, but you just continued staring at her- 'Really? Then why is there a work of art in front of me?'

'Ehehehehehehehe'

"All players, follow the staff's instructions to your positions." The speaker announced and with that, A triangle approached you and Sae-byeok and stared at the both of you before walking away. You both followed him and he led the both of you to the same spot where Sae-byeok and Ji-yeong was in the 4th game in the original show.

'By the way, The chances of Sae attempting to kill me later is high so I should prepare myself beforehand'

'Ji-yeong, you better win later, Istg'

"Please take one pouch each." You and Sae-byeok both did what you're told. "There are ten marbles in each pouch. Please check how many there are." You both opened your pouches and counted your marbles before looking back at the triangle in front of you after making sure it's ten.

You mentally laughed nervously, 'Ahahaha- Oh sht, My time is about to come-'

"In this game, using your ten marbles, you will compete with your partner. The player who takes all ten marbles from your partner wins. Let me repeat..."

Sae-byeok's head snapped towards you. 

"You..." She stared at you with eyes wide in disbelief.

"...yeah...?" You nervously asked but she just continued to stare at you, causing you to look away and press your lips together, "Uhm... so... when are we going to pl-" You were cut off by her angrily grabbing your collar and pushing you against the wall.

'............'

'WHATINTHEPETERPIPERPICKEDAPECKOFMOTHERFCKERPICKLEDPEPPERS-'

"What are you doing?" She angrily asked.

'I know she's mad but-'

'HEHEHE ARE WE ABOUT TO KISS RN??'

"talking...?" You replied with a nervous smile but quickly waved your hands when her glare sharpened, "...hehe just kidding, Sae." You nervously laughed.

"Stop playing around and tell me the truth." She gritted her teeth and tightened her grip on your shirt, "What are you planning?" 'DAMN, CHILL WOMAN- YOU MIGHT RIP MY SHIRT-'

'I mean... On the second thought, I don't mind if you do-'

'facts ^^^'

"Sae, wait-" You paused when you saw the Triangle guard not so far away from the both of you. 'I just realized that this stupid triangle is still here'

'Are you enjoying the drama, Sir?'

'If you're going to get some popcorn, can you bring us some too?'

"Answer me." You flinched in surprise at Sae-byeok's cold tone.

"Let's sit first." You said and she was about to insist but her eyes landed on the guard and her lips slightly parted in realization.

"...fine." She mumbled and let you go before reaching for your arm and dragging you to the stairs away from the guard. "Now talk." She said after letting go of your arm and sitting on one of the steps.

"....What should I say?" You quietly asked after sitting beside her.

"Just explain."

"No, Ask me." 'Talk to me, My love-'

.

.

.

"....So, you completely knew about this game?" You turned to Sae-byeok when she finally spoke after a minute of silence.

You nodded with a proud smile, "Yup, that's why I told Ji-yeong, Mi-nyeo, Sang-woo, and Ji-tae to find weak partners." You enthusiastically answered.

"Why did you help 212?"

"Because She shouldn't die yet."

"What do mean by that?"

"You'll know soon."

She audibly sighed in frustration after hearing your answer but didn't bother insisting and just asked a different question instead, "Why didn't you tell 456, 101, and 199? You're close with them." She glanced at you as she said that.

"If I told Ali, he would've told Gi-hun and 101. Besides, Ali is too nice- he might end up losing in this game or win but feel guilty about it for the rest of his life." You said in a matter-of-fact tone and she slightly tilted her head in curiosity, "Why don't you want him to tell 456 and 101?"

"If Gi-hun knows, then he'll tell 101."

"What's your problem with 101?"

"Let's just say, He can't be trusted." You made sure to lower your voice even more as you said that.

"What?"

"You'll know in the future." You chuckled when her expression turned into an irritated one and simply smiled when she glared at you, "You-" You quickly cut her off with a smile, "Next question, please." She looked like she wanted to keep asking, but a new question must've entered her mind.

"...Why did you partner up with me?"

"You'll know my reason later."

'I don't think It would be a good idea to tell her right now that I'm planning to get shot for her :D'

"Just tell m-!" You cut her off with a smile for the second time, "I'll tell you later."

"One of us is going to die here." She glared at you but you just kept smiling which both confused and irritated her.

She was about to speak again but you cut her off, "I know." You replied before looking down on your pouch, "By the way, What game should we play?" 'Of course, I'm planning to make us play the same game that she and Ji-yeong played in the show.'

"How can you be so calm...?" She asked, disbelief visible in her tone.

"Ah, Let's end the game in one round." You proudly said.

"What are you thinking?" She tried to grab your collar again but you quickly scooted away from her out of reflex. "You'll know later." You said but it only worsened her mood.

'🙂'

"Stop saying that bullsht." Your eyes widened at her reply.

'She-'

'Well, she cursed in the show too but-'

'that was kinda hot-'

'And yes I am aware that she's mad at me right now🗿'

'CAN YOU BLAME ME THOUGH???'

'How can I think straight when I'm with her-?'

"Sae. Just trust me." You said with a reassuring smile and tone, "I know a way." You made sure to look straight into her eyes as you said that to show that you're telling the truth.

"A way...?"

"Mm. None of us will die, I promise." You reached for her hand and locked your pinkies together, "Just trust me, please?" 'You might think that I lied to you later though'

"....Fine. What should we do?" She sighed before pulling her hand away from you.

"For now, let's just talk!" You happily replied, 'Talking with Sae is AAAAAAA'

"Talk about what?" 'Let's talk about when we'll get married, where our wedding will be, who should we invite, and- Okay stop-'

"I don't know...things about ourselves?" You mumbled before turning to her, "We know so little about each other despite us being friends." You sighed.

"What do you even want to know?" She replied, not bothering to look at you.

"Hm... I don't know." You thought for a while and decided to ask the same questions Ji-yeong asked her in the original show, "Why did you come here from the north?" You asked even though you already know the answer.

'Speaking of Ji-yeong, She better be okay.'

'She better not pull the 'I don't have anything' stunt again, Istg-'

'That'd be so insulting to me- Like, What am I then?'

You noticed that Sae-byeok have been silent for the past seconds and your eyes quickly widened, 'Sht, did I make her uncomfortable?' "You don't have to answer if you don't want t-" She cut you off, "I thought it'd be better here."

"...Ah. I see." You mumbled before clearing your throat, "Your turn to ask."

"Your name. Is it your real name?"

"Yup, It wasn't a lie. I'm (Your full name)." You admitted with a smile before clasping your hands together, "Okay! My turn."

"Is your family...here with you? Again, you don't have to answer if you don't want to." You made sure to watch your tone, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable or pressured.

"...Just my younger brother." She replied before turning her head to you, "I'm asking you too, so, It's fair." You smiled at her words and she asked a different question, "Where are you from?"

"(your country)." You answered with a smile before turning serious, "Where are your parents?" 'It'd be weird if I ask personal questions with a smile'

"My dad was.... shot while crossing the river then drifted down. My mom... was caught by the public security officers in China, then sent back." You didn't reply and simply nodded to let her know that you were paying attention. "How about you? What happened to your family?" She glanced at you.

"My (Insert family member/s you live with)... is/are somewhere... really really far." 'They're in a different world so...'

"Far?"

"...You could say I left home and went here, I guess." 'Not really my home but like- I left the original world and came here.' "Where's your brother?" You asked, changing the topic.

"At a children's home."

'13 minutes left...'

"Why did you leave?" You turned your head to Sae-byeok again when she asked another question, 'What do I even say?' "....Let's just say... I had a really bad day." 'Eh, that's not really a lie though. I had a really bad day the night before I came to this world.'

"If you leave here with the money, what will you do with it?" You asked, changing the topic again and fortunately, she answered. "I'll buy a house to live with my brother, then bring my mom from the North."

"How about you?" She asked and you thought for a while before answering, "I don't know..."

"You don't know?" She slightly tilted her head and you shrugged, "I just can't think of an answer. Anyway, What else do you want to do?" You changed the topic.

She lowered her head for a while before quietly answering your question, "....I want to go to Jeju Island." You didn't reply so she raised her head to look at you just to see you staring at her as if expecting her to say more, causing her to sigh "I saw it on TV. It looked exotic and nothing like Korea." She added and you smiled.

"You? Is there anything you want to do?"

"I want to go to Jeju island and have a glass of mojito with you and Ji-yeong." You enthusiastically replied.

"Mojito?" She asked, slightly tilting her head.

"There's this movie with Lee Byung Hun, "Go to Mojito and have a glass of Maldives."" You said but as you expected, she only stared at you confusingly, causing you to chuckle, "You don't know what I'm talking about, don't you?" She shook her head.

"You should get Ji-yeong to tell you about it." You lightly laughed.

"Ji-yeong?"

"She knows about that movie. She even said that once we get out of here, She'll teach us how people splurge in the South."

.

.

.

"Hey, Sae." You called her attention and mentally smiled when you got it, "Have you seen a dead person before coming here?"

"...A plague broke out in my town when I was a kid. People died day after day. Soldiers piled up the bodies and burned them, That's when my grandma, grandpa, and older brother all burned up." She went silent for a while after she said that, "...You?"

"Hm... I have, (in funerals, news, etc.) but I've never seen someone die in front of me before coming here."

"Your answers are so simple."

You chuckled, "Your stories are just way too dark." You stated before shrugging, "Besides, My life was just simple and boring, what do you expect?" You sighed.

"...How did you join the game?"

"I met that handsome salesman while running away from the hospital. I- Don't look at me like that, I know It sounds weird."

"Why were you running away from the hospital?"

"...I had no money to pay for my hospital bills? Eh, I joined the game because I had nowhere else to go and nothing else to do."

"How did you know about the games?"

"I got the information somewhere."

"Where?" You went silent for a while, causing her to get even more curious, but your answer confused her.

"On a screen." You stared at her intently as you said that.

"A screen...?" She stared at you expectantly but you just smiled and shook your head, "You don't need to know." You chuckled before looking away.

.

.

.

"There's 2 minutes left..."

"Ah, thanks for reminding me." You stood up and held out your hand for her, "Come on, Let's play." You told her with a smile but she glared at you.

"You said you know a way to save us both."

"I do." You reassured her with a smile, "But let's play first." She observed you for a few seconds before sighing and taking your hand.

"...Fine. What game?" She asked after standing up.

"Whoever throws a marble closer to that wall wins. What do you think?"

"You... really do have a plan right?" You simply nodded at her with a smile, making sure not to break the eye contact to show her that you're being sincere.

"You can go first." You stepped back as you said that and she glanced at you before stepping forward. Noticing that the both of you are finally starting the game, The triangle guard (who's away from the both of you earlier) approached the both of you.

'It's kinda nice of him to give us time to talk earlier though :D'

You watched Sae-byeok throw her marble.

After throwing her marble, She steps back and turns to you. Her eyes landed on the triangle behind the both of you and she looks at you again, but you just smiled at her reassuringly before stepping forward.

You stared at her marble on the ground before dropping yours. 

Your breath hitched when She suddenly grabbed your collar and pushed you against the wall for the second time today, but It was noticeably harsher than earlier, which means she's angrier right now.

"What are you doing?" She asked, disbelief both visible in her eyes and tone.

"It's fine, Sae." You smiled at her.

She let go of your collar and grabbed your shoulders, shaking you "What do you think you're doing?!" She angrily asked but you just kept on smiling.

"I'll be fine, don't worry."

"You said none of us will die." Your eyes widened in surprise and disbelief when you saw pain cross her eyes, 'Does she really...' "You promised." She said as Her grip on your shoulders tightened. ''Does she really care that much...? why...?'

"Do you think I'll be thankful? Throw it again." She glared at you.

"Nahh, Why would I?" You chuckled, "Thanks for being worried for me but Like I said, I'll be fine." You smiled at her, but it only frustrated her even more.

"Stop smiling and just throw it again!" She screamed at you and you couldn't help but flinch, you saw her act like this in the show but her acting like this towards you felt completely different. "You said you knew a way!" Pain and frustration were noticeable in her expression and tone, much to your surprise.

You couldn't find any words to say.

But then you remembered that the time is running out.

"Sae. You might not understand me right now..." You paused and smiled genuinely at her, "but We'll see each other again, don't worry." 'Hehehe, Thanks for caring about me, It makes me feel special'

"You..." She trailed off.

'How can she be so beautiful even while crying-'

"Just take care of yourself, okay?" Your smile widened, "Ah, I know you don't like socializing but please take care of Ji-yeong and Ali too." You chuckled. 'Yeah, take care of yourself and them while I'm temporarily gone.'

'There's no need to worry about Gi-hun because he's the main character.'

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll leave this place alive and meet your mom, get your brother, buy a nice house for the three of you, and go to Jeju." 'I'll make sure that'll happen because you deserve a happy ending, Sae.'

"Right, don't trust Sang-woo." You whispered, 'I haven't heard an announcement of him being eliminated after all'

"AND-!" You reached for her hands on your shoulders and carefully removed it, "I'm sorry if this will make you uncomfortable, but I just want to do this before leaving." You said before wrapping your arms around her.

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, SHE'S NOT GOING TO PUSH ME AWAY, RIGHT?' 

Much to your relief, Sae-byeok didn't push you away but she didn't hug you back either. She just stood there, slightly shaking.

.

.

.

'Hugging her feels so calming for some reason'

'She's shaking... Is she crying?'

'Why though...? She just met me like, a week ago or more, idk.'

'How can she care this much for me?'

'It's weird.'  You thought before tightening your hug, 'Being this close to her feels so comforting though....'

'I like it.'

'Ah right- the time-' You let her go and looked up to the timer, '30 seconds left...' "Oops, We're running out of time, you need to go now." You chuckled before turning her around and gently pushing her away from you.

"(Y/N)..." She looked back, causing you to frown.

"Shush, just leave already." You smiled at her before pointing at the triangle guard beside you, "He's probably tired of the drama now." 

Another triangle approached her, so she didn't have a choice but to turn around and slowly start walking away while The triangle beside you raised his gun to your head.

"Bye for now, Sae! Until we meet again!" You enthusiastically said, causing Sae-byeok to stop on her tracks.

It didn't take long until a loud gunshot was heard.

"Player 455, eliminated."

***

Author's note:

I AM SO SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE- It's not because I was lazy, I swear. I was just busy and didn't have enough time to finish writing this chapter. I'M SORRY.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 163 28
EASY ON ME || ยฉ sunfliers Started: 3/12/22 Published: 3/29/22 Completed: 9/27/22 Squid Games: Season 1 Kang Sae-byeok x Original Character Plot By:...
23.8K 1K 27
โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* kang sae-byeok chae hyun-jung had no idea what she was getting herself into when she agreed to participate in the games, but all she knew...
251K 4.7K 11
เฅฆเฅฆเฅฆ | ๐—ง๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ โ˜ ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” "๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ถ๐—ณ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ" "..." "๐—ฃ๐—น๐˜€" "๐—ฌ๐—ฒ๐˜€, ๐—œ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚" โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐ˆ...
11.4K 406 42
(COMPLETED) Sempiternal; eternal and unchanging, everlasting. Sae-Byeok teams up with Jiyeong, who only seems to annoy her. But inside, Sae-Byeok kn...