Manly || MHA fanfiction- Eiji...

By SStar2021

The Akemi family was known for their powerful quirks. They were the most powerful quirk family in existence... More

Before
Part 1
Chapter Two: Nothing Left to Lose
Chapter Three: Car Race
Chapter Four: Tea With a Mouse
Chapter Five: Olé the Bull
Chapter Six: Copycat
Chapter Seven: The Threats of an Akemi
Chapter Eight: Pig for Slaughter

Chapter One: Al Qamar

14 1 0
By SStar2021

Everyone is meant to die.

Everyone has a spot on this planet that is ripped from them by the holy peacefulness which is death.

No one knows when it'll happen.

A sudden onset of chest spasms in the car as you drive home.

A blown up explosion of tears and metal in the airplane ride towards a vacation of sort.

Softy, gently in the middle of the night.

It was always the same end result though.

Falling down through an abyss of darkness... quicker than falling asleep.

That abyss was clouding my vision right now.

He'd come in the brink of the night. He'd slaughtered everyone in the house and was now targeting me.

I wish I'd known we'd been targets.

His fingers tightened around the place where my trachea was. I think he might've crushed it actually because fragments were sitting at my throat and causing blood to gurgle from the side of my mouth.

"Little girlllll." He cackles, a heavy breathing mask, restricting the sound from reaching my ears, so the voice came up as muffled. "It's a shame such a quirk has to be lost."

Survival instincts kick in. My eyes roll to the top of my head. I force myself to stop struggling and fall limp in his arms.

It takes him a couple seconds extra to drop me to the floor with a disgusted sneer.

I don't dare breathe yet.

"Would've expected a tad more fight out of her." The man tsks like how dare I have the audacity to make his night so boring.

My sleeping younger sister was hidden in the upstairs closet, under a bundle of laundry.

If she had heard nothing of what had happened today... she should still sleep for a couple more hours.

I should've left it there. I should've waited for him to leave. I should've just laid there acting dead until some hero decided to swoop in to save us.

But tangles of revenge were arguing with the black that was threatening to overtake my entire vision.

I see the knife on the edge of the counter. He doesn't. He doesn't know this house... not like I did.

He was on the phone, bragging about his latest kills. He'd been bragging about the rare quirks he'd slaughtered that night.

My eyes peeled open all the way, like ancient tape being forced off its home. It was like ripping glue off my lids.

My hand reaches out and in my oxygen deprived, three-quarters to death state, the knife by the counter starts to shake. A startling blue field of electromagnetism engulfs the knife, effectively trapping it in my control.

"What do you mean there's another child?? A toddler?" He seethes and the phone is almost crushed in his angry state.

The knife moves with the movement of my hand. It flies and sinks itself deep into the neck of this perturbator.

His neck slices sideways and he falls, a lake of red, iron blood starting to form around him.

And he dies in the blood of those which he tried to kill.

In a last-ditch attempt, my hand reaches for the phone.

I dial the number and slump down, surrendering to the darkness of the abyss. Only for my mum's face to appear in my vision. "It is not yet your time my love." She scolds me and shoves me away.

"Hello? Musutafa Police department? Is anyone there? Hello??"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The attack was on every news channel for weeks after the incident.

My parents.... dead.

My siblings.... all slaughtered except one.

My vocal cords had been obliterated. It was so dreadfully painful to breathe, I was on god knows how many oxygen machines.

My sister was in the corner of my room.

We were under police supervision. They never left the room and rotated shifts. The hospital room was so dull and white. My heart shattered and I immediately understood why people brought flowers to those in hospitals. These rooms dreadfully needed a splash of color.

"You're awake?" A man comes forward, smiling gently at me. "Hello, Olene Akemi. My name is Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi. Wish we could have met under better circumstances."

Gosh, the tenderness in that kind look made me want to burst into tears all over again. He was severely tall with short, black hair and somewhat rectangular black eyes. He wore his police uniform; a signature tan overcoat and a matching hat. Underneath he dressed in a black suit, with a green tie adorning his neck.

I try to speak, but the utter pain that knocked on my door and strolled right in, causes me to let out a croak.

He instantly looked concerned, "Hold up. You aren't allowed to talk. Your vocal cords were nearly shattered beyond repair. It took extensive surgery. You won't be able to speak for a couple weeks." He tells me.

My eyes goes to the sleeping form of my sister. Her face was peaceful. Like her whole family wasn't just murdered in cold blood.

I wish I had her ignorance.

"Your sister is fine." He smiles again, "It was quite hard to find her though." He chuckles, "You certainly hid her well."

His eyes widen slightly in realization and he rushes to grab a pen and paper. I take them from his grip gratefully.

Thank you. I write, my handwriting sloppy and shaky with my emotional turmoil.

What is going to happen now? I refuse to be separated from her. I underline the refuse on the sheet of paper, twice, emphasizing it.

"You are both underage. We are looking for a relative to take you in. We already have a couple of volunteers-" He stops when he sees the angered look in my eyes.

No, absolutely not. They are horrible people. They want us for the fame and money. They'd force me into a quirk marriage. Absolutely not.

His eyes widen slightly, "All of your relatives-"

Are twisted in the head. That's why my mum and dad ran from home after their forced quirk marriage. It was luck that they ended up falling in love.

"So quirk marriages still happen?" The man looked flabbergasted.

Why do you think my family is known for their powerful quirks. My written words had an air of sarcasm to them.

"You are fifteen correct?" Detective Tsukauchi asks me and I nod in response. He purses his lips and then nods slowly. "Okay. You are to be under constant police supervision. Your case is sensitive enough for you two to be taken into Protective custody. After your throat has healed we will need your verbal statement about what happened that night. As for now a written statement will do. You and Qamar will live with me and my sister for the time being after your official discharge."

The relief in my eyes was palpable and I bow to him thankfully.

He gives me a smile. It was sad, "I'm sorry for your loss." His voice was soft causing tears to prickle at the corners of my eyes. "The media will be all over this, I'm sure you're aware. That man and his organization wanted to murder the entirety of the Akemi family. I'm sure he'll be targeting your other relatives as well as the remaining two members of the family he failed to kill." He didn't give me any bullshit and told it to me like it was.

"You will not face repercussion for the murder of that cruel man." Detective Tsukauchi informs me and my gaze drops in anger. "It was deemed self-defense," His voice comes out quieter this time.

It was. He was going after Qamar.

He reads the words and cringes slightly, nodding.

He was on the phone with someone. His boss.

The second his eyes skims over the words on the page, his eyes widen and he was on the phone, "The phone in evidence. I want it analyzed." He orders, "The murderer was seen talking on the phone to a boss of a sort." His tone was authoritative. He was writing things quickly on his notepad, scribbling things so fast the writing seemed illegible.

He hangs up and then pats my hand. "Thank you, Olene. Get some rest for now. I will come back for you soon." He tells me, "Pro-heroes will be here on rotation as well. They will protect you two."

Yeah, I'd heard that one before.

I didn't voice my sarcasm... well because I couldn't.

He leaves the room and I instantly get to my feet. The oxygen system and the entirety of the bed were attached. There was a tube going down from my throat into my chest. I end up hauling the entirety of the bed and all the machines over, trying to reach out to grab my sister.

"Ms. Akemi?" Someone asks and another officer peeks their head inside at the noise. She sees what I'm doing and we both pause, staring at one another in confusion. Her lips twitch upwards in an understanding smile. She walks in and sighs.

"Go sit down you silly girl. If you wanted to see your sister, you could've rung." She gives me a scold. I don't listen, eyes trained on my baby sister.

The woman grabs my two- year old sister in her wheely bed, rolling her over to my side. I sit up, staring at my sister, numb.

I bow to her in thanks and the officer nods, sadness prickling at the corners of her eyes. "You need anything, please tell me next time." Her voice was kind and she leaves me alone.

I stare at my baby sister and the tears I'd worked so long to keep under control start pouring down my cheeks.

Qamar.

Al Qamar.

The moon. My mum's bright moon.

She'd named her for her positively bright white hair and beautiful hazel eyes. Her quirk an obvious transmutation one. My hand shakes and trembles, reaching out to touch her. At least she was alive. I run my hands through her soft baby hair, stroking her to sleep even more.

I shouldn't have survived that attack.

But I did.

So it was time to step up.

No one was taking her from me.

I'd kill anyone who tried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 48.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
420K 17.1K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
129K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...