Sands of Time (Complete)

By gr8day

I am moving my fanfics over from QuoteV so you might have read this already =P For those of you who haven't p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Day That Became...
Chapter 2:....A Miracle
Chapter 3: This is our WHAT?!
Chapter 4: A Newly Broken Heart Is Hard To Mend
Chapter 5: Her Past Comes To Surface
Chapter 6: A Safer Egypt
Chapter 7: Now What?
Chapter 8: Just An Ordinary Girl
Chapter 9: Something He Wanted for Years
Chapter 10: Pharaoh?
Chapter 11: The Egyptian Gods
Chapter 12: The Past Is The Future
Chapter 13: Impossible Power
Chapter 14: Bakura's Second Victory
Chapter 15: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: The Wakening of Zork the Dark One
Chapter 18: The Power of Friendship and Love
Chapter 20: I Refuse to Say Good-Bye

Chapter 19: Only A Few Hours Left

368 25 3
By gr8day

Hours went by as Aadila and Atem continued to receive attention from the healers to fully recover, but nothing would be able to mend their broken hearts for the loss of their friends. Seto had forgiven her at the request of Atem and really seemed to genuinely feel guilty for the way he treated her even though he didn't know the entire situation. Yugi, Tea, Joey and Tristan decided that it wouldn't really hurt if they stayed the night in this world but Kaiba seemed to not be able to stay here more than a minute longer. Something about it being below his pedigree, but it seemed he changed his mind about that statement soon after they entered the palace. Mana and the other magicians began searching through the Millennium Spell Book to find a way to possibly bring Shada, Mahad, Shimon, Aknadin, Karim and Isis out of the Shadow Realm.

Aadila was finally let go and walked around the palace, appreciating the sights and sounds that it had when she was a child. The servants were moving much more freely, which made Aadila all the more happier. She continued through the hall and saw Atem's friends from his future talking about some card game from their time. She was just going to quietly walk by unnoticed but Kaiba saw her.

"Hey, come here." Aadila walked towards the group, following the order.

"You know you could really use some manners." As she looked at the rest of the group, she noticed they all had jaw dropped faces. "What's wrong? What's with those faces?"

"Umm...it's just..." Yugi began, immediately dropping his gaze to the floor as he felt his face begin to blush.

"What is it?"

"You look so different!" Joey yelled, causing an echo through the hall. Looking down at the attire, she totally forgot that she had to change her linens because they were so torn. She also had a bath, which was so refreshing because it felt like she hadn't had one in days. There were white linens wrapped around her body so that there were no straps around her shoulders. A gold belt kept the linens from unravelling and a sheer navy blue linen bunched at its attachment at the bust and flowed under the belt, almost like a small cape. Attaching the the wrapped linen was an elegant collar wide necklace to keep the linen from falling down. (Like this but imagine the cloth attached at the belt not being there) 

"Thanks...I guess."

"I think what he was trying to say is that we aren't used to seeing you without being attacked by Bakura before hand." Tea interjected. 

Aadila didn't really know if that was any better than what Joey had said but she just smiled and look at their hands. "What are those?"

"Oh, they're Duel Monsters cards." Tristan said.

"Duel Monsters? What's that?"

"Basically, it's a safer and more fun version of the Shadow games you play here." Joey said, showing her a card. "See, each card has these stars, which indicates the level of the monster. The more stars, the better the monster. There are also attack and defence points that determine if your monster will defeat or be defeated by your opponents monsters." 

"I see. Well, what about these cards? They don't have creatures on them." Aadila said, pointing a some purplish-pink cards in Tea's hands and green cards in Tristan's.

"They are magic and trap cards. Think of it a specific spells the spell casters within the palace can perform." Yugi said.

"I don't know why you are wasting your time explaining this. She should already know about it." Kaiba said, calling the four, obviously closer friends, a geek squad.

"How you I know about a card game that doesn't exist yet?" Aadila said calmly, starting to get annoyed by Kaiba's tone.

"You are one the top ranked duelists  in the world." 

"Excuse me?" Aadila said, widening her eyes and raising her eyebrows in disbelief.

"I knew I've seen her before!" Yugi said.

"Well, I'm still at a loss." Joey said.

"No, Joey, don't you remember that match we watched on TV before we went to Egypt?" Tea said.

"I see it now too! She's the duelist that collapsed in the middle of her duel!" Tristan said.

"I'm still confused." Aadila and Joey said together.

"Wheeler, you dumb dog, wake up! I can't believe you don't know about Atsuko Wakahisa."

"You wanna take this outside rich boy!" 

"I feel like I have just caused a lot a trouble." Aadila said, slowly stepping away from the scene unfolding in front of her.

"It's fine. This happens a lot between these two. They don't really see eye to eye." Yugi said, as he watched from the sides with Aadila as Tea and Tristan tried to calm Joey down.

"Aadila!" a cheerful voice yelled, causing everyone to stop in their tracks and turn to the direction of the voice. A girl ran towards Aadila and Aadila immediately ran toward her, giving her a hug. The other immediately became confused. "I'm so happy to see you're okay!"

"Did you get hurt at all? What about Ramses and Dakarai?" 

"Yes they're fine. Dakarai came into the palace unconscious but nothing else happened to him. By the way, where did you get those linens?"

"I don't know. The servants helped me with them and told me I was good to go."

"And I'm happy they fit you." A strong voice said. Aadila looked up from her sister and saw Atem walking toward her. He must have just been released from the healers with Seto close behind him. A brilliant smile came across his face and Aadila couldn't help but stare at the sight before her, because Atem, too, was wearing different linens as well. He was adorned in the same gold jewellery that he was before. He wore white linens around his legs that had navy blue patterning and were held up by a gold belt. Also, instead of his usual blue cloak, he was wearing a red one, similar to the one he had made for her as a child. (Just like this)

"Pharaoh," Aadila said, bowing to Atem immediately, "I am very grateful for your concern for me."

"Please don't do that." Atem said, pulling her to her natural stance. "I asked that I be treated like we were when we were children. I don't like seeing you so submissive." Aadila nodded as she sent a very genuine smile to Atem. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something." Atem looked around, noticing her sister and the others were still there. Looking back into the mystifying coral eyes, he added, "Alone." 

"Masika, why don't you go check on our brothers?" Aadila said, not being able to take her eyes away from Atem's.

"But I don't want to. I want to spend time with you." She said, totally unaware of what was happening.

"Masika, come with me." Seto said, holding out his hand to the much younger girl. "There is something I want to show you." Seto had overheard Masika talking to a servant that she liked him, but even though he didn't return the feelings, he wanted to help his King after everything he had gone through.

"O-o-o-okay." Masika nervously took it and followed the guardian out of the hall.

Atem cleared his throat, getting the attention of his friends and then they realized that he wanted them out to.

"Hey, let's go see if we can find some grub in this joint!" Joey immediately said.

"I'm in!" Tristan and Yugi said right after.

"Me too!" Tea said. Kaiba just stayed quiet so only Atem knew that he had left the hall with them. A door closed, causing an echo through the hall but that didn't deter Aadila from staring into those amethyst eyes that would never leave her memory.

"Aadila," Atem said, one of his hands moving to hers and pulling her toward the throne at the end of hall, "I want to ask you two things."

"What is it?" Aadila was scanning over Atem's motions. She could somewhat feel his hands shaking and a bit sweaty. His voice was also a little shaky as well. He was nervous about something, but what?

They had made it to the stairs to get to the throne and Atem stopped, so Aadila followed the action. "The first thing I want to ask is..." Atem moved down to one knee, causing Aadila to be somewhat shocked, "do you truly forgive me for the way I have treated you have the past days? For forgetting who you are, treating you like someone I should be thinking might betray me, basically trying to push you out of my life. It's something unforgivable, yet I am asking for your forgiveness, knowing well enough that I may not receive it."

Aadila listened whole heartedly to what he said, even though he didn't have to say everything. She went to her knees as well and wrapped her arms around Atem, causing him to look at the sight before him. "Only if you forgive me for what I had to do to your family." 

A smile came across Atem's face as he wrapped his arms around Aadila, feeling the warmth of her skin on his a little better. "Of course. I realize that my father forgiven you, so there is no reason for me not to forgive you as well."

"Then I forgive you." Aadila pulled away showing the smile on her face. She studied his face and little to her knowledge, Atem was studying hers as well. Silence fell between the couple as they enjoyed each others presence. Atem hadn't realized features in her face that he was seeing now. Her eyes showed kindness and joy, not just mystery. Her smile showed openness and a trustworthy nature, not just happiness. Atem placed a hand on her cheek and saw the blush rising in her face. "Atem?" Her voice was not only inviting but calming and confident. His face moved closer to hers, Aadila was also feeling something as well.

"It's like the fog has lifted." Atem saw Aadila's eyes moved from his to his mouth then back to his eyes. Atem gently moved the hand from her cheek to one side of her head and place his free hand on the other. Aadila's eyes slowly closed when their lips were barely touching, but when they did, passion immediately fell into the situation. Even though it was only days ago when they first kissed, the had intensified ten fold since. Wrapping her hands around his neck and caressing his hair, Aadila moved as close as she could to Atem, if getting closer was even possible. Aadila then realized that anyone could walk in at any moment, after all they weren't really in a private area of the palace. Reluctantly pushing him away, Aadila had to physically get off Atem to move somewhat out of reach. "What's wrong?"

"Well, don't you think it would be awkward if someone just so happened to walk in on us again?" Thinking back to when Seto had walked in on them the first time. "We are in the throne room after all."

"Well, what do you suggest?" Atem said, moving to his feet and assisting Aadila to hers.

"My King!" A girls voice yelled.

"Told you." Aadila said, turning to the source and saw Mana making her way to them.

Atem tried to stifle his laugh but a small noise came from his lips. "What's wrong Mana?"

"We translated the spell to return everyone back to this world. You said you wanted to know when we had completed it so you could watch over the spell."

"Ah, yes I did. Thank you. I'll join you in a minute."

"Of course." Mana bowed and looked at Aadila, giving her a wink, causing a smile and nod to go Mana's way as she walked away.

"Do you want to join in?" 

"No, it think I'll stay behind. I should really spend more time with my siblings." Aadila said, smiling at the Atem as he gave her a peck on the lips and walked away. "Wait!" Aadila remembered something. "You said you had two questions for me. What was the second?"

"I'll tell you later. Go join your siblings." With that Atem strode through the large doors, leaving the room. 

"I know you're there. You can come out now." Aadila said, turing towards one of the pillars and seeing Tea reveal herself. "Why were you spying on us?"

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm not angry. I'm just curious. You seem to have something unsaid to Atem."

"How did you---?"

"I may be naive but I'm not stupid. Your face has it written in plain site." The Tea looked down at her feet and didn't say anything. "You can tell me, I swear I won't repeat your words to anyone. After all, I don't have much time left." Aadila said walking to Tea and putting a hand on her arm in a comforting way. 

"Wait! So you know!?"

A sigh came from the Egyptians lips. "Of course I do. You don't think I know that I am to die soon."

"It's just, you've been acting like you are so unaware of it. It's surprised me that you are acting so, normal."

"What's the point in worrying about the inevitable when you can focus on the now. Everyone dies and in their place, someone is born. It's an endless cycle that will continue until the human race is destroyed. I have done many things in my past that I wish I could do over again because I have only realized this a couple years ago."

"I guess your right. We are all destined for the same end, we all just have a different way of getting there."

"So," Aadila began walking towards one of the hallways, "what are you hiding?"

Tea followed her, unsure if she should really say it but it seemed that she could really trust Aadila. "I think I am in love with someone that I can't have."

"Tea, there is no such thing as thinking you are in love. You are or you are not. There is no middle ground."

"Okay, so I'm in love with someone that I can never have."

"And what do you plan to do about it?"

"How can I do anything? Atem belongs here and I have no business being here."

"Well, you could tell him."

"But, he loves you. I saw it in the way he looks at you. For the years that I have known him, he has never looked at anyone like that. You're the first and only one."

"Yes but, after all, I won't be here very long. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to tell him." Aadila unconsciously made her way to the gardens like she always did when she had to think about something. Tea didn't realize they were outside until Aadila stared off into her reflection in the water. "Tea, I have a secret and a favour to ask of you."

"What is it?"

"I am going to die tonight. I purposely planned it that way because I didn't think Atem would actually forgive me for the things I have done. I only have a few hours left and I need you to do something for me." Aadila turned away from her reflection and met the shocked look on Tea's face. Hopefully, she was processing this. "I am going to leave the palace so I die with no one around me, so I need you to make sure Atem doesn't try and look for me."

"He'll be heartbroken, you can't do that to him!"

"And I need you to mend his broken heart."

"Me...b-b-but why?"

"Last time I broke his heart, he had no one to mend it, no one to comfort him. I'm happy that you all decided to stay one more night because you are a pure soul that can do this one thing for me."

"Why not ask Mana?"

"I knew she would try to stop me or tell Atem what was happening. It's in her nature to do so. I trust you will keep this a secret, because you have been keeping the love in your heart for so long."

"I'm not sure this is right."

"But you will keep the secret for me, correct?"

Tea reluctantly agreed and felt the hug that Aadila gave to her. "Thank you, Tea. I'm glad to have met you and your friends. You all really care for Atem and I'm happy he will have friends with him when he returns to your world." Aadila smiled and looked in the short distance. Tea followed her gaze and saw a horse, saddled and tied to a tree. "Good-bye, Tea."

Aadila wrapped a thicker cloak around her and pulled the hood over her head. It was an elegant red cloak, just like the one she had when she was a child. The moon shone brightly as she kicked the horse to start moving towards the gate and out of the palace.

"Good-bye." Tea said, turning to move back into the palace and confront Atem with her feelings, but would she be able to keep the secret when she saw his expression when he noticed his love missing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 191 18
This story has recently been put in the Yugiohwattyawards for 2017! If you haven't followed them yet I would recommend it! There's always some really...
25.2K 1K 15
Yami Atem, a once cruel and heartless king, was obsessed with power and therefore, only cared for himself. However, because of his cold heart and sel...
6.1K 127 25
Yugi Muto and the gang have returned from their adventures in South America. Upon their arrival, the gang is introduced to Seto Kaiba's girlfriend, K...
10K 460 51
Aya is the daughter of Pharaoh Atem and future ruler of Egypt. The King of Thieves, Bakura, wants the entirety of the royal family to pay for the eve...