Sands of Time (Complete)

By gr8day

I am moving my fanfics over from QuoteV so you might have read this already =P For those of you who haven't p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Day That Became...
Chapter 2:....A Miracle
Chapter 3: This is our WHAT?!
Chapter 4: A Newly Broken Heart Is Hard To Mend
Chapter 5: Her Past Comes To Surface
Chapter 6: A Safer Egypt
Chapter 7: Now What?
Chapter 8: Just An Ordinary Girl
Chapter 9: Something He Wanted for Years
Chapter 10: Pharaoh?
Chapter 11: The Egyptian Gods
Chapter 12: The Past Is The Future
Chapter 13: Impossible Power
Chapter 14: Bakura's Second Victory
Chapter 15: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: The Wakening of Zork the Dark One
Chapter 19: Only A Few Hours Left
Chapter 20: I Refuse to Say Good-Bye

Chapter 18: The Power of Friendship and Love

408 25 3
By gr8day

"Everyone, move to the Palace!" Aadila yelled as people ran past her. "The soldiers will protect you there!" People continued to scream and Aadila noticed the Seto look-a-like looking worried as well. "You need to return to your world as soon as you can."

"I don't even know how I got here. How am I supposed to leave?"

"Follow the people to the Palace." Aadila said, mounting her horse. "You'll be safe there."

"Whatever." 

"Seto I'm serious! You need to be careful or..." A scream took Aadila away from her train of thought and as she looked towards the city limits, Zork was making his way closer and closer to the palace. Lightning and thunder filled the sky as Zork continued to make his way to the city. Aadila left without finishing her statement and made her way to the high city walls. Peeking out the city gates, Aadila saw that most of the kings soldiers were there, waiting for orders.

Aadila noticed the real Seto standing behind the Pharaoh, who was talking to Shimon, Isis and Shada. When the Pharaoh tried to take a step forward, he collapsed and everyone surrounded him quickly. Aadila wished she could help him but she was to be out of the palace limits, so she just stood there and watch hopelessly as he weakly got to his feet. 

"They're not going to be able to stop him" Aadila quietly said to herself, looking at the men who were surely about to die. Then, in the crowd she saw her older brother Dakarai and she should be able to get his attention. The soldiers got into their positions and Dakarai was placed right in front of the gate. "Pssst! Dakarai!"

"Aadila!" He whispered. "What are you doing here!?"

"This." Aadila hit him over the top of his head with a rock and caught him before he hit the ground. "I'm sorry my brother, but you have to live for our siblings sake." Aadila placed him on her horse and faced it towards the palace, hitting it so it would start to gallop and take her brother to safety. The  soldiers suddenly began to attack and she noticed Zork was a little too close to her for comfort, but she stayed put for her to be able to fulfill her promise. 

Arrows flew into the dark sky and disappeared when contacting Zork, not having any impact on him. The same happened when the catapulted boulders hit him as well. 

"Never give up!" Seto's voice yelled. "Remember he is one beast against a great army!" With a simple flick of his hand, Zork sent a shock wave, sending soldiers flying and destroying weapons.

"Seto we must retreat and re-group our forces!" Aadila heard the Pharaoh say. She couldn't hear his reply, but Aadila assumed he agreed because men started to run back towards the gate. Aadila hid behind the wall so no one would notice her, lifting her the hood of her dirt coloured cloak. Aadila slowly followed the crowd of soldiers back to the palace, hiding among the homes and abandoned vendors in the streets. Zork had just reached the city limits and the guardians had summoned a creature to help defeat Zork.

"You feeble mortals are powerless against me! And too bad the Pharaoh scared off the one person that could have helped you win!" Zork said, the guardians beginning an attack without even thinking.

Wait! What did he just say?! Both the Pharaoh and Aadila thought right after they heard it.  

"Your feeble attempts at combat insults me!" Zork said, coming out of the battle without a scratch. "Now, watch and learn!" Zork attacked everything in his path, easily weakening the guardians and the Pharaoh further. Suddenly, a lightning strike came down and was heading straight for the Pharaoh.

"Pharaoh, look out!" Shada yelled, running to his Pharaoh's aid and pushing him out of the way, protecting him like he swore to do. Aadila sighed in relief but also felt pained by the lose of another guardian. First Mahad, then Karim and now Shada. Aadila saw Zork staring at something when she looked up at the face of evil before her. At first she thought it was the Pharaoh, but she noticed that the angle of his head was too straight for that. Looking all around her, searching for another person she only saw empty streets which meant that he was staring at her!

"It seems I underestimated you." Zork said walking in Aadila's direction, she began to back away until she saw he was about to begin an attack on her. Turning, she quickly ran towards the palace. Dodging the attacks, Aadila weaved through homes and alley ways to try and lose him but he had an advantage because of the fact that he was huge! "Hold still. You are only making your death more painful this way!" His voice sent shivers down her spine as she continued to run, but she noticed he halted his attack. Slowing down to take a look, Aadila saw that the soldiers had begun an attack and in the distance she saw two creatures moving away from the city. 

I wonder what the guardians are planning? Aadila looked up again at Zork and saw he had laid his eyes on her again. "You can't escape me!" He yelled causing her to run in the only direction should could. Toward the palace gates. Running as fast as she could towards Seto, Aadila heard something that took her off guard.

"Protect the civilian! We must get her into the palace!" The deep voice yelled as she ran closer to it, keeping her head down. A pair of arms grabbed her and started pulling her into the gates. "Aadila, what are you thinking!?" The same voice said in a hushed tone. Looking up she saw that Seto had grabbed her. "You are not supposed to be here!"

"I got trapped inside the city while I was trying to leave."

"Well, wait in the pala--"

"No! Since I'm here I might as well help."

"Listen, Mahad and Mana are the only ones that trust you. No one else, including me, wants your assistance and to be honest, we don't need it. Guards, help her into the palace!"  A guard came and lightly grabbed her arm but tightened his grip when Seto said, "Keep an eye on her."

"Seto, you're making a mistake! Don't turn into your father!"

"I'm not planning on it."

Being dragged into the palace, Aadila noticed the hundreds of people that were giving her looks and hundreds more that were scared to death. Sighing, Aadila stopped struggling and told the guard, "I won't run. I hope you can trust me." The guard nodded and let her go, but stayed close to her side while she continued to walk around the palace, observing the civilians within. Aadila noticed the poorest of the poor were not within the palace, they were forced to stay outside.

"Excuse me, can I ask you something?" Aadila questioned the guard.

"Yes."

"Why are there civilians still outside? There is still plenty of room in here for them to fit."

"It was a request from the nobles. The captain didn't want to risk denying the request without the Pharaoh's order so he told us to leave them outside."

"Are you insane!? No one is safe out there!"

"But, the nobles requested..."

"I don't care. What if that was your family being forced to stay out there? Wouldn't you want them to be treated the same in a time like this?!"

"I-I-I-I-I guess I w-w-w-would."

"Well, then what are you waiting for!? Get them in here!"

"But the captain..."

"How about I tell the Pharaoh you and the captain decided to leave them out there because you didn't want to deal with lowly people like them?"

"But that's not true!"

"The Pharaoh won't know that."

Wide eyed, the guard ran towards the palace entrance and Aadila smirked. She just killed two birds with one stone. She saved a few people and she got that stupid guard away from her. Aadila made her way back outside, keeping out of sight so no one would notice her and when she got to the gate she saw something. How did I not see that along the way?! A creature as tall as Zork, it looked like a giant warrior.

"Exodia!" Aadila said out loud. "But I thought he was sealed away!" Exodia began attacking Zork and seemed to be overpowering him but that was short lived. Zork began to fight back but, if the legend was true, Exodia had a power that could possibly win, however it required a lot of strength. Aadila had read in a text that Shimon was the one who locked Exodia away within five stone tablets, so if he was controlling him now, would he have the strength? Exodia attacked with a powerful force and it seemed to have little effect because Zork quickly retaliated and defeated the mighty protector of Egypt. 

"Pharaoh, opposing me is futile! I am the embodiment of pure darkness and when this world is enveloped in the shadows my power shall grow! Now kneel before your new master!"

Aadila knew she had to get to the Pharaoh and convince him to let her help. Mana ran by her without seeing Aadila and continued on her way. Aadila followed behind her and saw she had given the Millennium Puzzle to the Pharaoh. Well, that's a good start. 

"Stand back, I'll handle this" Seto said.

"No! Zork is mine." The Pharaoh stopped him, staring at the Dark One with determination. Aadila, get ready. This might hurt. The voice of Ra said in her head.

What do you mean? She asked back, but there was no reply. 

"Zork!" The Pharaoh took her from her thoughts. "You have invaded my land and threatened my people! And now you must pay for your crime! And now I shall call upon the three Egyptian Gods!"

"Uh-oh." Aadila braced herself for what was to come. Three beams of light flew across the sky and Aadila immediately fell to one knee, screaming in pain. It was like nothing she had ever imagined before, the feeling of a thousand daggers moving into her flesh and as if all of her bones were breaking. 

"Are you okay?" A guard had come to her because he had heard the blood curdling scream she let out.

"I'm.....f-f-fine." Aadila said, looking up at the man and gaining a shocked look. 

"Someone! Get Priest Seto over here!"

"N-n-no!" But it was too late. In the distance, Aadila saw Seto and another guard coming her way and fast. She tried to crawl away but the guard quickly grabbed her. What had he seen?

"What's the pro--" Seto began but stopped in horror at the sight. "That's impossible. This girl harbours the Egyptian Gods within her?!" What Aadila didn't know was that her eyes were glowing brightly in the shadows and so was her Millennium Item. "Aadila, come on." Seto reached out his hands and helped her to her feet, causing a scream from the pain intensifying. "We have to get you to the Pharaoh. I guess I was wrong to say you couldn't help us." Aadila couldn't even appreciate what the closest thing to an apology she was going to get form him, the pain was just too much. 

"Obelisk the first attack is yours! Strike him down with your fist of fate!" Aadila heard the Pharaoh yell, his voice a lot louder because she was closer. "Slifer, lay down your judgement upon this enemy of Egypt!" His voice was getting louder and louder, she was basically beside him. "Finally, Winged Dragon of Ra! May your light banish the darkness" Yup, she was beside him. This isn't going to go well.

"My King, there is something you must know." Seto said, supporting Aadila as she was in pain. 

"What is she doing her!?" The Pharaoh said. Aadila didn't need to see his expression because she could tell by his voice the he was surprised and angry.

"My King. Her soul harbours the Egyptian Gods!"

"That's impossible."

"Yeah, Seto." Mana said, putting another arm around her friend. "They are within stone tablets, it's impossible."

"Well, look at her eyes." Straightening her body, Aadila looked up slightly and saw that the Pharaoh was disturbed. Her eyes were glowing blue and red and her Millennium Item was shining a pure gold. 

Turning back to the fight at hand, the Pharaoh said, "Now my friends! Combine your strength and end this!" The Gods seemed to have defeated Zork too easily in Aadila's mind, but everyone else was content with what they witnessed.

"We are saved." Seto said. The clouds began to clear and the darkness was lifting. 

Aadila, something is not right. Obelisk's voice said.

I was thinking that too. "My King, the Gods feel that something is off. This fight is not over." She said, still in pain. Before he could reply, the ground began to shake and Zork's arm burst through the Earth towards the sun. The light emitted from it began to fade. "Pharaoh!" Aadila said, telling him to start an attack.

"I'm on it! Egyptian Gods! Attack before the light is gone! Please, hurry!" Ra moved in first and was grabbed by Zork and as he flew away, Ra brought Zork with him. This caused Aadila to feel the weight and collapsed to the ground. Obelisk grabbed onto Zork's legs, trying to get him back to the ground. Zork, able to fly on his own due to his power growing, let go of Ra, relieving the weight off of Aadila. Ra and Slifer began an attack as Obelisk held him down.

"Without the sun's rays you are powerless against me!" Zork said. "Prepare to be consumed by the darkness!" Zork sent out an attack of his own and defeated all three Gods, causing Aadila and the Pharaoh to both collapse. 
*********************************************************************
Aadila began to wake up, realizing she had been brought back to the palace along with the Pharaoh, who was still unconscious. "Mana! Is he alright?!"

"He should be, I'm about to perform a spell." Mana knelt closer to the Pharaoh.

"Wait. Don't do it yet."

"Are you insane?!"

"No. Just wait until I get to that guy down there." Aadila pointed to the man she met earlier, the future Seto, who was protecting two small children from Zork.

"Why?"

"I wanna make sure he has a chance to defeat Zork."Aadila's voice was soft as she looked back to the unconscious Pharaoh. "Promise me you will wait?"

"Fine, but if I feel like I need to heal him faster, I will."

Aadila didn't hesitate and she jumped off the building, running towards Seto through the burning streets. 

"Come on out Blue Eyes!" She heard Kaiba yell and the White Dragon appeared prepared to fight Zork.

"Your Egyptian counterpart already tried this and failed. What makes this any different? You should have stayed in your own world!" Zork asked, obviously not threatened by the dragon.

"Because he didn't have me!" Aadila yelled as she came up to Seto's side. "I will invoke the power of my Millennium Item and triple the number of dragons then fuse them together to form the Ultimate Beast!" Two small spirits appeared from a strange object around Seto's wrist and they fused together with the existing Blue Eyes to form Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. 

"Now, take it away boys!" Seto said. "Neutron blast attack!" The dragon sent a strong force toward Zork and it obviously crippled him, but would it be enough to render him defeated?

"That is the last mistake you will ever make mortals! This, I promise you." Zork's voice was more sinister than it had been causing both Seto and Aadila to take a few steps back in fear. "Now prepare to be welcomed by a world of pure darkness!" 

"You'll have to get past my Blue Eyes first!" Both Zork and Seto prepared to attack, generating as much energy before sending it to their opponents direction.

"Seto, you have to be careful! If you die here, you die in your world too." 

Kaiba was slightly taken aback by the fact that she called him by his first name. Only Mokuba did that so it was weird hearing it from a different voice. "I don't plan on it." 

The attacks met and sent an explosion throughout the city. Neither creature would give up and the powers meeting caused a portal to open up in the sky. 

"What is that!?" Seto asked, starring into the portal which held a place very familiar to him.

"The clash between light and shadow. It's created a bridge between your world and mine." Aadila said, shocked herself by what she was witnessing.

"Now I have a new world to concur! The world of the future!" Zork said and he strengthened his attack on Blue Eyes. 

"Kaiba!" 

Turning around, Aadila and Kaiba saw the Pharaoh jumping from the palace walls towards them.

"He's nuts!" Kaiba said.

"Hey, that's how I got here!"

"Then your nuts too."

"I know you know what to do!" The Pharaoh said, getting closer to them. "We have merged to become, the Master of Dragons Soldier!" 

"Impossible! The Pharaoh merged together with your creature!?" Aadila had never heard of such a thing.

"Dragon sabre blast!" The more powerful dragon sent an attack to Zork, causing the dragon to disappear and appeared to have defeated Zork.

"Pharaoh! Are you alright!?" Aadila found him weakened, again, from the powerful attack he just help create. She cradled him in his arms and looked to where Zork was lying. "It's over Zork."

Out of the dust and debris, two bright red eyes glowed in the darkness. "No, he lives!" The Pharaoh weakly said. 

"We now stand face to face for the last time, the lights of hope and the lord of darkness, and just as it has since the dawn of time, darkness shall prevail. That is the inevitable cycle of existence. You see Aadila and Pharaoh, the universe itself was born without light. All that existed was a vast wasteland of shadow, and though fleeting moments occurred, in which light illuminated this darkness, in the end it is always extinguished. The same holds true for you! You two are mere flickers which has now expired!"

"You're wrong! There is no darkness without light!" The Pharaoh seemed to have found some energy and came to his knees. "It was light which gave life to this world, Zork! It is light which gives us hope and it is light which shall defeat you!"

"Then let us put your theory to the test!" Zork immediately sent an attack towards them.

"Stay strong. Believe and we will not be defeated." The Pharaoh's soft voice said into Aadila's ear. Could she really believe in the power of light that it could save them from an inevitable attack? She believed as hard as she could of the light in the universe and it's strength. 

"No!" A voice came from in front of them. Looking up, both the Pharaoh and Aadila saw what appeared to be Hassan protecting them once again. "No harm shall come to you my king!" Aadila's eyes were fixed on the impostor and watched as the mask he wore slowly began to crack and eventually break.

"It's you! Shadi!" The Pharaoh yelled to the man in front of them.

"You must never surrender to the darkness! The light of hope will soon arrive baring the information you need!"

"The light of hope?" The Pharaoh and Aadila said. Shadi gave a slight nod to them, confirming that they had heard him properly then he was defeated by Zork.

"Exactly as I predicted, everything shall return to darkness. Just as it always does."  Zork said, completely confident that he had won.

"My King, what are we to do? What did that man mean by the light of hope?" Aadila said, moving closer to the Pharaoh. She was scared and she couldn't hide it and the Pharaoh easily saw that.

Wrapping his arms around her he said, "There is only one person that I can think of, but I am sure that it is ridiculous to think that." 

"Who is it?" But before the Pharaoh could answer, Zork began to speak.

"Look at the mighty Pharaoh and the messenger of the Gods now! Kneeling in the ruins of their once mighty kingdom."

"This is not over." The Pharaoh said quietly. "trust me, there is still a light that burns bright. The light of hope and as long as it exists you will never prevail!"

"Your friends have surrendered to the shadows, your soldiers have deserted you and you speak of hope?"

"Not everyone has left him Zork!" Aadila said, coming to her feet. "I know the Pharaoh doesn't trust me any more but as long as he has a battle to fight I will always be there for him."

"And you are more foolish than his guardians! Even in your darkest hour you refuse to give in. How nauseatingly human of you. Both of you open your eyes and see that the Pharaoh's reign is over!"

"Never!" Aadila said.

"Centuries ago, the Pharaoh possessed the power to lock me away, however you seem to have gotten weak in your old age."

"What is he talking about?" Aadila said, turning to look at her Pharaoh.

As if the Pharaoh didn't hear her, he said, "Yugi. I can't stop him with your help." Zork began to converge an attack and Aadila immediately stood in front of the Pharaoh to protect him.

Aadila no! You are the most important piece of the puzzle and it is almost time! Slifer said to her.

I'm not letting him die here.

"Yugi! I know you're out there!" Aadila and the Pharaoh suddenly felt a new presence, four to be exact, but not from this world. Looking to the sky, they saw four light energies coming towards them at impossible speeds. "Thank you my friends." The Pharaoh said quietly, just enough for Aadila to hear. She moved back to her King's side, supporting him because he seemed to be getting weaker.

"You should have stayed in your own world mortals. Now your souls belong to me!" Instead of sending the attack towards Aadila, Zork sent the attack to the Pharaoh's friends and they easily dodged it.

"Yugi! Watch out!" The Pharaoh was looking off into the distance and Aadila saw it too. Bakura's henchmen were still very alive and were heading right towards them. Suddenly the Dark Magician was summoned by Yugi. "Mahad, your back!"

"Of course my Pharaoh. I made a vow to protect you at all times. Now, let's duel!" Suddenly, three more creatures were summoned and Aadila was only becoming more confused. Behind the Pharaoh's friends, the henchmen showed their true forms, spirits from Kul Elna and the four creatures attacked them, but they soon realized it wasn't going to be that easy. The spirits quickly reformed and continued with their attack. 

"Perhaps I can help!" The Dark Magician Girl quickly went to the Dark Magician's side and told the Pharaoh's friends to go to him while they took care of the spirits.

Aadila was still cradling the Pharaoh when they came to his side and he weakly looked at around to see their faces.

"Please say something." Yugi said concerned.

"I knew you'd return. Thank you."

"We'll have you back you your old self in no time!" Joey said, switching places with Aadila as everyone helped the Pharaoh to his feet.

"I'm afraid I disagree!" Zork said, who had been watching patiently while preparing an attack. Suddenly, the two magicians attacked Zork together, hoping it would weaken him. "If you are finished, now me!" Zork sent the attack to them and they dodged it.

"We're doomed." Joey said sarcastically.

"Yugi!" The Pharaoh said, "Were you able to locate my name?"

His name? He can't remember his own name!?"

"Yeah, we did." Yugi said, immediately looking to the ground, somewhat shameful, and Zork began to laugh at the sight.

"Well, what is it?" The Pharaoh said in anticipation.

"These humans may have found the location of your name, but they can't tell you it because they could not read the ancient text!"

"It's true, Pharaoh." Yugi said, making eye contact with the Pharaoh. "We made it through your tomb and there it was on the back wall, but there was one problem. Your name was written in Egyptian hieroglyphics. I know what it looked like, it just don't know how to say it."

"Maybe I can help?" Aadila said. "Pharaoh, you should have just told me you needed your name. I could have told it to you."

"What?!" Everyone yelled.

"Hurry, what is it."

"It's.."

"I don't think so!" Zork said, sending a blast towards Aadila and turning her to stone.

"No!" The Pharaoh yelled. "Aadila! This can't be."
*************************************************
Aadila watched everything unfold in front of her. The Pharaoh's friends continuing to fight for him with their creatures, still not understanding how they summoned them. One by one, Zork defeated their creatures and everyone was becoming weaker and weaker. She watched in horror, seeing Zork easily defeat everything being pushed at him.

Aadila the time is now! Get ready! The voice of Obelisk, Ra and Slifer said in unison.

What's the point? It seemed Zork could not be defeated by any means

This will defeat him.

Aadila watched as the Pharaoh's friends surrounded him and looked as though they were thinking very hardly about something. Aadila noticed a polished item in the Pharaoh's hands that began to glow, causing the Pharaoh to look extremely happy. Zork sent an attack and caused everyone to be thrown from their places. As the dust cleared, Aadila saw the Pharaoh standing in front of her, confident. But about what?

"My name is Atem!" His voice was the first thing to ring through her ears since she had become stone and she slowly felt herself be able to move again. You now possess the power to defeat him, my son!

"Aadila! You're alright!" He said.

Smiling she replied, "All thanks to you. Now, I can complete my task that I promised to do." Aadila moved in front of the Pharaoh and faced Zork. "Mighty Gods of Egypt, I revive thee!" The spirits of the Gods from Yugi's strange item around his wrist and moved to the sites where the Gods were laying from being previously defeated. The Gods came back to life from the darkness, noticeably more powerful than they once were. 

"You think they'll win this time?" Tea asked. 

"Of course!" Tristan said.

"Yeah, the Pharaoh knows what to do!" Yugi encouraged. 

"The Egyptian Gods are powerless against me! You already tried this and failed!" Zork said, looking down at the glowing eyes of the girl.

"Yes but there is something that we didn't do last time! Merge them together!" The Gods rose to the sky and began to fuse and Aadila also began to glow.

"Aadila, what's going on?" Atem asked.

Aadila turned and sent another smile to him. "I am merging myself with them as well. To become the ultimate deity of light, a pure soul must be sacrificed."

"No! Aadila, you can't! You can't leave me again after I have just recovered my memories!" One lone tear appeared down Atem's cheek.

"It is what I must do." Aadila said, as her spirit rose to the sky and her body collapsed, being caught by Atem. Where the four beings merged together, a blinding pure light shone brightly as they became one. 

Holding Aadila's body close, Atem said, "And now I give you the Creator of Light!"

"What!? Impossible!" Zork said, starring at the new creature before him. A beautiful goddess of light stood there, towering over the Dark One.

"Now darkness, be gone!" Opening her eyes, the goddess possessed the coral hue of Aadila's and she sent a light source towards Zork, so strong it began to break him. Everything Zork has created was being destroyed with the touch of the light and soon, he would be destroyed as well. 

"No! I shall take you with me!" Zork moved a hand toward Atem and the lifeless body of Aadila, but a shield was formed around them, pushing Zork back.

"Guess again!" Atem yelled. It seemed that that burst of pure light was the amount of strength needed to defeat him. When the light and dust faded, Zork was no where in sight and the Goddess of Light stood before the Pharaoh and his friends. 

"So that's it? The big shot Lord of Darkness is gone?" Tristan said. 

"Yup! Thanks to this even bigga shot!" Joey said. 

"And we can't forget the thank the Pharao-- I mean..." Tea began to say, but then realized they knew his real name.

"Atem." Tristan said happily.

"It's gonna take a while to get used to dat." Joey said, obviously feeling uncomfortable with the foreign name. 

"How cool! After all these years we finally know your name!" Yugi said, happy for Atem.

"Yes, but," Atem looked down at the girl in his arm, "I only wish I could have found out sooner, then maybe this all could have been prevented." A said expression appeared on his face.

"What's next, you know, after you saved the world?" Tea asked, not realizing that Atem had just lost the love of his life.

Unconsciously he answered, "Wait for the next bad guy, I guess."

"No, Atem." Aadila's voice rang through the sky. Looking up, everyone saw the Goddess of Light shrink down to their size and looked at her face to face. It was a strange feeling for all of them to be in her presence like this. "There will not be another, not after you have just defeated the embodiment of pure darkness."

"So, I'm done?"

"No." Aadila said, slightly laughing at the question. "But you are close. With the help of your friends, you have nearly fulfilled your destiny. That is why your spirit returned to this world after 5000 years. So you could rescue man kind once again from the return of the Shadow realm. And there is one task left for you to carry out before your spirit can be at peace."

"One task? What is it?" The Goddess of Light simply turned away, not answering. "Aadila." The voice of Atem said softly, causing her to stop. "Can I not see you one last time, like we were when we were children?"

Turning, the Goddess looked at Atem with sadness. 

Wait! Ra said. Aadila thought she was the only one that heard it but everyone did. Aadila shined brightly and soon the human forms of the Egyptian Gods appeared before Atem and his friends, returning Aadila's spirit it her body.

"Are those the Egyptian Gods?!" Kaiba said, as shocked as everyone else at what they were seeing.

"Aadila has shown us that there is more to life than fighting and defeating evil." Obelisk said, his voice deep and confident.

"So, we have agreed to allow her to live the remainder of her life as she would of when she was a child." Ra said, his voice a little higher but more mischievous. 

"But, that means that she has a limited amount of time left Atem." Slifer said, his voice the highest of the three but the softest and kindest.

"How much time?" Atem asked, pulling her body close to him.

"That we cannot say." Slifer said.

"Until we meet again Pharaoh." Ra said, and their bodies began to fade into the air.

"Limited time? What do you think they meant?" Yugi asked, coming closer to Atem, along with Joey, Kaiba, Tea and Tristan.

Looking down at Aadila's face, the Pharaoh also did not know now long she had left. Due to his thoughts, he had not realized that Aadila had opened her eyes and was brought out of them by her hand touching his face. "Is something the matter? Why do you look so concerned?" She said, almost unaware of what was to happen to her.

"Aadila. It's nothing. Let's get you back to the palace."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 127 25
Yugi Muto and the gang have returned from their adventures in South America. Upon their arrival, the gang is introduced to Seto Kaiba's girlfriend, K...
10K 460 51
Aya is the daughter of Pharaoh Atem and future ruler of Egypt. The King of Thieves, Bakura, wants the entirety of the royal family to pay for the eve...
14.8K 253 7
A 15 years old girl named Yugi was sitting alone on her windowstill, rain is pouring heavily as she silently crying over her dead grandfather Solomo...
148K 3.5K 30
Pretty nice title right? XD Well Atem is now of age to marry (he's going to be 18 in this), as said by many of his subordinates. But out of all the...