Sands of Time (Complete)

By gr8day

I am moving my fanfics over from QuoteV so you might have read this already =P For those of you who haven't p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Day That Became...
Chapter 2:....A Miracle
Chapter 3: This is our WHAT?!
Chapter 4: A Newly Broken Heart Is Hard To Mend
Chapter 5: Her Past Comes To Surface
Chapter 6: A Safer Egypt
Chapter 7: Now What?
Chapter 8: Just An Ordinary Girl
Chapter 9: Something He Wanted for Years
Chapter 10: Pharaoh?
Chapter 12: The Past Is The Future
Chapter 13: Impossible Power
Chapter 14: Bakura's Second Victory
Chapter 15: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 16: I'm Sorry
Chapter 17: The Wakening of Zork the Dark One
Chapter 18: The Power of Friendship and Love
Chapter 19: Only A Few Hours Left
Chapter 20: I Refuse to Say Good-Bye

Chapter 11: The Egyptian Gods

524 26 4
By gr8day

Aadila awoke at the same time as her aunt for the first time in years. Since she was pretending to be a servant, she was going to have to act like one eventually. Her aunt told her to go to the kitchen and assist in preparing the first meal of the day. Aadila walked down the halls half asleep, never having awoken before the sun had come up. She felt bad knowing that her aunt had to do this everyday, but it was her choice after all and being a servant is the only way in insure an income. Aadila walked to the roof of one of the palace sections for find only a couple of Atem's servants already there. 

"Good morning!" The younger one, who looked about 14 said, "You must be a servant of one of the guests, yes?" Aadila only nodded. She was too tired to produce a full sentence. The young girl giggled, "Would you like to help make the bread? We are about to start grinding it." Aadila simply kneeled down beside the older woman, who looked in her thirties, and watched to learn what to do. Aadila had always been a quick study and within a couple minutes she was grinding the ingredients into a meal just as well, or even better, than she was. A few more servants walked in and they helped the original three with the grinding.

There was only silence between the servants until one began to hum a tune. Still doing her work, Aadila looked up and saw that all women were smiling and humming a song she had never heard before. Then, one began to sing, "May the Gods give my Master strength and health" causing the rest of the women to join in as well. Aadila was surprised that they really think so well of their master, the Pharaoh. Aadila turned to the older woman  beside her and asked, "Why don't you sing a happier song? Try and make the time go by faster than a song like this."

"This song makes sure that the Gods bless the food we make for the Pharaoh. We never really sing other songs because, well, we can't" She added a joyful laugh at the end of her sentence before beginning again. "If we could actually sing, we would be the entertainment at the coronation, not the cooks."

"Well, maybe I could sing something? I've been told many times that I have a lovely voice."

"What you say girls?"

"Yeah!"

Aadila saw the smiles on their faces and couldn't resist to give them something different. They must do the same things day in and day out, it's no surprise that they would get bored. She thought of something that made her happy and the song sounded like this. Aadila looked up at one point and saw the older women having motherly smiles on their faces as she continued to sing. The younger girls had envious looks on their faces as they listened, never looking up from their preparing meal.

After she was done singing, everyone began asking her who the lucky man was and complimenting her on her beautiful voice. Aadila had been singing about the Pharaoh but it's not like they had knew that. She simply answered, "He's someone that I have been close to since I was a little girl. We were separated at one point, for some time but I never had a single day go by when I didn't miss him and worry for him."

"Oh my! You are so lucky! I want a love like that!" The youngest servant said, standing up with her finished meal and walking towards the clay oven. Aadila followed behind her along side one of the older women.

"You never know, you may meet someone. You are still young." The older woman answered.

"But I serve the Pharaoh, I don't think I will ever be able to meet a man in here."

Aadila looked at the entrance and saw a boy, maybe around 18 standing there and starring at the young girls back. When he saw her notice him, he quickly ran off into the palace. "You never know." Aadila said with joy in her voice, "There may be someone already in the palace that has noticed you. Men are difficult and don't like to show their feelings much. Just wait and I knew someone that is worthy of you will tell you his feelings."

"I hope so! That would make me so happy!"

"Amunet! May I speak with you a moment?" Aadila almost forgot to look up in reply to the fake name she had chosen. When she did, she saw her older brother starring at her, shocked almost.

"Of course, sir. Excuse me girls."  Aadila timidly walked towards the door and Dakarai grabbed her arm and started dragging her back to the main part of the palace. She hated that it seemed people thought that she could be easily manipulated, but that would hopefully stop soon. Eventually, Dakarai brought her to a large room, similar to the one where they would listen to their father tell stories when they were younger. 

"I believe you have a lot of explaining to do."

"Sir, I don't know what you mean. Have I done something wrong?"

"I heard you singing. That's what you must explain to me."

"I'm still confused. I don't understand what I did wrong. Is singing not allowed within the palace? If so, I-I-I didn't know! It just got so boring grinding the meal. I did it simply to make time go faster, sir." In all truth, Aadila knew what he was getting at.

"No, that's not what I want you to explain. I want to know how a girl that looks identical to my dead sister, sounds identical to her singing voice? Father was right, you do seem to much like her to simply move past it."

"I'm sorry for your loss, but for the last time I'm not her!"

"You dare talk back to me!" Aadila didn't know her brother had such a short temper. When did he develop this? He quickly grabbed her throat and threw her to the wall. "Know your place! This isn't your master's home who allows women to simply do as they please!"

Aadila was worried that if she told him now that it was really her, he would put her to near death. His eyes had pure rage and his breath was short but deep, almost like a horse heavily panting after going a long distance in a short amount of time. He moved toward her, getting more angry as he got closer. She had to risk it. Maybe if she knew who he was, he would stop whatever was wrong with him. "Dakarai, stop! It's me! Aadila." She pulled off her wig to let her natural hair shine in the rising sun light. But it seemed that the anger was so intense within him, the shock on his face did not hide it. He only moved faster toward her and began hitting her.

First it was the face, a slap at first but then it turned into punches. When she was on the ground, he began kicking her. She felt something snap, most likely a rib, but right after she screamed in pain, the attack stopped. Aadila opened her eyes and saw her other siblings pulling Dakarai away and her father was kneeling beside her with a shocked expression accompanied with tears. Tears began to well up in Aadila's eyes as well.

"Father! I'm sorry. I was a coward! I couldn't tell you, I was worried for your health! You look so ill and I didn't want you to get into a worse condition."

"Not now Aadila. Let's take care of your injuries first." Her father tried to help her up but the pain was too great. They wouldn't be able to move her. "Masika, go get Mahad and Isis! Hurry!" She quickly left the room and Aadila focused on the expression of her attacker, her older brother. What had happened to him? She knew that she had caused her family grief over the past five years but this was taking it a little too far, was it not? Her actions didn't deserve this. Ramses made sure his older brother could not get closer to his twin than he already was. "Ramses, take your brother somewhere else. We will deal with him at another time as well. His expression is scaring your sister." And quickly, Ramses dragged Dakarai out of the room.

"Father, what have I done? I thought I did the right thing but it only appears that I made nothing good from my actions."

"No, don't say that. To be honest, I would have done the same thing, but I wish you would have at least left a word that you went somewhere else. It would have made it easier."

"I'm an idiot. I really thought that it was best to leave without a word and you and my siblings would forget about me."

"Aadila, please stop blaming yourself. It isn't your fault and this happened because Dakarai has had trouble transitioning here."

"What do you mean?"  Aadila winced in pain as she slightly moved in her position from her interest in the topic.

"Stay still! Are you okay?" Aadila nodded and looked at her father to answer the question. "I told him that he must become part of the guard, to do something to show our gratitude to the Pharaoh. The training is difficult and hard to adjust to. He took his frustration out on you."

"Is it really that bad?"

Her father nodded. "It's many sleepless nights and non-stop training. To be part of the Pharaoh's guard, they must be prepared for anything."

"Oh my....Aadila, are you alright!?" Before Aadila could question her father further, Mahad had seen her condition, which must have been pretty bad. She didn't know it but her cheeks and half of her lips were very swollen. Isis then came in seconds later, her expression changing to a worried one right when her eyes met Aadila's bruises. "We will move her to her room. I know it's going to be painful but it's better than doing the healing here."

Aadila nodded and Mahad quickly picked her up, immediately screaming in pain. She had never felt such a sensation before and it scared her. More tears formed into her eyes and eventually, but not soon enough, they made it to the room where she was sleeping. Mahad gently placed her on the bed while Isis asked her father and sister to wait outside. Little did they know, someone had followed them to the room.
******************************************************************************
The Pharaoh was walking toward the hall where the first meal would be served until he heard a blood curdling scream coming from one of the hallways. He quickly found the source when he noticed Mahad running with a girl in his arms, followed by Isis and the people he determined were very close to him, like a second family. He followed slowly behind to make sure he wouldn't been seen until he wanted to be. He looked around the corner and saw Isis quickly close the door in the faces of Tarik and Masika and almost immediately, Masika collapsed in tears as her father tried to comfort her. The Pharaoh couldn't stand by and watch anymore.

"Tarik, is everything alright?! What has caused Masika to be so sad!?"

Thinking the Pharaoh didn't know Aadila's secret, Tarik answered, "My King, my sister's niece is injured. Masika is close to her, you see and she's just very worried."

The Pharaoh looked at the young girl with compassionate eyes, "I'm very sorry. Mahad and Isis are the best people to see her. She'll be fine." Masika nodded as the tears continued to flow from her eyes. "Tarik, what caused her injuries?"

"I'm not sure, your Highness. We simply found her the way we did." He obviously lied. He couldn't risk losing another child, especially since the Pharaoh never had much patience for someone who did bodily harm to innocent people. Tarik would take care of his eldest son himself.

The three simply stood there is silence, waiting for someone to come out. After some time, Mahad came out the door, shocked to see the Pharaoh standing there as well. He bowed then looked at Tarik. "She should be fine. The healing didn't get rid of all the bruises but they are less noticeable. They should fully disappear in a couple of days. Also the ribs are back in place and she should be able to walk again when she wakes up."

"Can we see her now!?" Masika yelled, the tears starting to flow again.

"As long as you don't wake her. She is sleeping. Isis will stay here to watch over her and protect her until she wakes up." Watching the father and sister walk in quickly, he stopped the Pharaoh. "May I speak with you, your Highness? It's important."

Confused, the Pharaoh answered,"Umm, yes. Of course." They walked away from the door and moved toward the Pharaoh's private quarters to speak alone.
************************************************************
Aadila had already awoken but she was back asleep as the sun began to set. Isis had gone to attend the ceremonies and Aadila was being watched over by her twin and her sister. Ramses had stopped by and they informed him on her condition. His father insisted he stay in his place while he had a 'talk' with Dakarai.

Feeling a sudden burst of energy, Aadila bolted from her bed and looked at her siblings.

"Aadila!" they both yelled, going in for a hug that they had wanted to do for some time now.

"I missed you guys. I'm sorry for what I did. I understand if you don't want to speak with me again."

"How could we do something like that!?" Masika said.

"Yeah, you're family! We never give up on one another!" Ramses added. 

They began casually speaking about the things they had seen and done over the years, everyone being surprised at what one of the others would say. They talked as if they had last seen each other a couple days ago, but Aadila kept some secrets. She couldn't put her siblings at risk for knowing her secret as to why she was still alive.

"Aadila, your bruises! They are all healed! That's amazing!" Masika pointed out.

"Why's that?"

"Mahad said that they would have been fully gone in a couple days. I guess luck is on your side."

"Yeah, cause you looked like a mule." Ramses added.

"Well, I guess it's good thing that happened before we attended the coronation ceremonies." Bouncing up from the bed and grabbing her cloak, Aadila ran towards the hall that was containing the ceremony. Ramses and Masika followed behind, mainly worried that she was being too active for someone that had just gone through so much. Aadila quickly made her way to the second floor to observe what was happening like she had done the day before, but something didn't feel right, so she turned around and made her way to the first floor. She decided it would be best to hide her face. It just seemed like she was going to have to be there for something. 

Suddenly, Mahad's Millennium Ring began to glow and send a strong signal to him. Aadila felt it through her item. There was a very evil presence within the palace.

"Ramses, take Masika back to my room. I'll be there in a second."

"Why? We just got here. I wanted to...."

"Ramses, please don't argue right now! Just go!" Noticing the fear in Aadila's voice, Ramses nodded and grabbed his sister. He was so used to taking orders from Aadila when their mother was ill, he didn't really think twice about staying behind and Aadila going instead. A scream came from the entrance of the hall and a soldier collapsed in front of everyone. 

"Pardon the interruption, but apparently someone left me off the guest list." A man adorned in gold stood over the body of the fallen solider and carried a smirk on his face. The items and clothing he wore appeared to have been stolen. It looked as though the gold had once belonged within the palace walls.

The Pharaoh seemed to have met the person because he yelled, "Bakura!" People began running from the hall but Aadila just stood there. She thought the name sounded incredibly familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. Where had she heard that name before? The Pharaoh continued, "What do you want from me?" His eyes contained anger.

"Now, is that any way to speak to an old friend, your Highness? I believe you know what I came here to acquire." The man named Bakura had a voice at seemed to belong to an insane man. Who in their sane mind would do what he was doing? 

The Pharaoh face became comprehensive and said, "The Millennium Items!"

"So you have been paying attention to me all these years, haven't you?" Bakura let out an evil laugh and it sent shivers flowing through Aadila's body. "I hope I didn't ruin your little celebration, gentleman."

Seto stepped in. "Your mockery is a disgrace to the Pharaoh and for that you shall be punished rouge."

"Not so fast! I reside in the outskirts of your little kingdom, so your rules don't apply to me. Now, if you wouldn't mind, hand over your Millennium Items. I don't mean for free. I come baring gifts!" Suddenly, he dumped the stolen goods at the feet of the guardians.

"You stole those!" Shimon yelled. 

"I assumed these trinkets wouldn't be enough, so I brought another token of my esteem." He whistled and suddenly a horse came running into the hall. Everyone was shocked at the 'token' that the horse carried. The sarcophagus of the late Pharaoh! "Say hello to your previous king!" 

"You dare disrespect the tomb of a former Pharaoh!" Seto, along with the other guardians and the Pharaoh we angered by Bakura's actions. The Pharaoh the most, after all, it was his late father. 

"Now you've taken this too far Bakura! Your soul must be judged by the Millennium Items!" The Pharaoh yelled.

"Your weak magic will never contain me!"

"No mortal can withstand the power of the Millennium Items." Shada replied.

"Hold on!" Karim had stepped in. "The Millennium scale is unable to find balance. That means the evil in his heart is immeasurable!"

"Yes, I see a darkness that knows no bounds. His soul is a bottomless pit in which strives a terrifying creature." Aknadin said.

Shada used his Millennium Key to see the creature within Bakura's heart. Immediately, he looked terrified at what he saw. "That's no ordinary beast. It's the most powerful being I have ever witnessed. That sealing tablet is far to small!"

"Ridiculous!" Seto exclaimed.

Bakura began laughing, gaining the attention of the guardians again. Suddenly, a strong light enclosed Bakura and when it diminished, the terrifying creature stood behind him. It was huge, with a snake like lower body and a winged torso.

"Unbelievable! How can such a creature live in the heart of a petty thief!" Aknadin said, with a hint of fear in his voice. 

"Let me introduce you to my friend. Diabound meet the Pharaoh. Pharaoh, meet the instrument of your demise!" Seto invoked the power of the Millennium Rod to seal the creature in the tablet and it seemed to have worked. "Thank you Master Seto! You saved my life! That horrible creature was controlling my mind and now I'm finally free!" Bakura's voice had changed. It was softer and kinder than how he spoke before, but suddenly, it went back to the way it was before. "Free to annihilate  you, that is." Everyone was confused. Sealing the creature should have cleansed his soul, but the sealing tablet burst, allowing the creature to reappear. What was going on?

Suddenly, Aadila remembered where she had heard that name. It was the night many years ago, when she followed the army to Kul Elna! The man she was looking at, was the little boy that she saved! But, how did he get back to the kingdom! She arranged to have him sent to the South of Egypt, far from his past and the palace. Aadila was lost in thought, she didn't notice what was happening in front of her eyes. The guardians had begun to summon monsters from their shrines to fight off the beast. By the time she was paying attention again, Bakura suddenly summoned a second monster. It destroyed the large dragon that the guardians were using to fight off this Diabound. It only meant one thing, that Bakura had taken the Diadionk from Aknamkonon's tomb and this meant that Bakura was stronger than he appeared.

The guardians were outraged that he had disturbed the tomb but Bakura had words for them as they protected the late Pharaoh. "I disagree. Your last king was a tyrant! He destroyed my village when he tried to fashion the seven Millennium Items in a selfish attempt to further his own power!" Bakura obviously didn't know the truth. Again, the guardians came to the protection of the late Pharaoh and Aadila noticed something. Aknadin had a new fear in his eyes, possibly because he realized the there was a survivor from the attack at Kul Elna. "Hidden deep beneath the sands of Kul Elna, lies a structure known as the Millennium stone. Place the seven items in the stone and ultimate power will be yours! 

Aknadin told Seto to destroy Bakura and he could only obey. It seemed Seto's personality was perfect for this part of his duties as a guardian. All the guardians began summoning creates to within the hall and it seemed that Bakura was going to lose. Mahad attacked with his Illusion Magician and destroyed Bakura's second creature, but he was unfazed. Quickly, Bakura attacked with his Diabound, destroying almost all the creatures the guardians had summoned. Seto summoned another creature and Karim used his Millennium scale to fuse together the new creature and Battle Ox, creating a new and more powerful creature. Seto ordered the fused creature to attack but Diabound successfully countered the attack! Mahad took the chance to allowing his Magician to put Diabound under a binding spell. It seemed to hold but shortly after, Diabound broke free before the guardians could attack it and easily destroyed the remaining monsters the guardians had summoned. 

"Bakura, you are on sacred grounds and your disrespect is appalling!" The Pharaoh yelled. His anger was only rising.

"It seems I've gotten a rise out of his Highness. Please excuse me for not respecting a kingdom that destroyed my home! Diabound attack!" Isis still had a creature summoned and activated it's shield to protect the guardians. Again, Diabounds power was much to strong, breaking through the shield and knocking Isis to the ground. "One more attack with my Diabound and this palace will be reduced to rubble!"

Something Aadila could not have expected occurred. The Pharaoh had come to the guardians' aid, standing in front of them as if he were protecting them. "Leave this palace before I remove you! Bakura, is this the ultimate shadow game you spoke of? Trespassing on sacred grounds and tarnishing the very name of my ancestors! You've always been despicable now you've reached a new low!" Aadila couldn't keep up. It really did seem that the Pharaoh knew who Bakura was, so why wasn't he already taken care of? He should have been locked up if the Pharaoh had been confronted by him before, or was he more than a simple thief? Aadila looked down at her Millennium Item and saw it shining brighter than she had ever seen it glow before. But she realized that the more the Pharaoh got angry, the brighter it glowed. When she looked back at the Pharaoh, he was kneeling beside the sarcophagus of his father.

"Pharaoh," Bakura began, "I'm sure you and the late king have a lot of catching up to do but we are in the middle of something here! And you interrupted me at the best part! Just as my Diabound was about to deliver the finishing blow, forcing you into submission! Now, any last words?" Without giving time for a breath Bakura continued. "Good, then Diabound, bring me victory!"

"Stop right there Bakura!"

"Ha! Too little, too late!" 

"Hold on! There is something you have seemed to have forgotten! Allow me to remind you, I can call the Egyptian Gods!" Aadila was shocked to say the least. She had remembered reading a scroll that spoke of a chosen king that would be able to wield the power of the Egyptian Gods, but she never thought that king was Atem! He began to speak, "Legendary Gods of Egypt, please here my call! In the name of every Pharaoh that came before, I now beseech thee. Awaken mighty Obelisk, and rid the palace of this darkness!"

Suddenly a beam of light, so bright it was blinding the hall. The Egyptian God was coming to his aid but something was wrong. Aadila suddenly felt very weak, like all her energy was being sucked from her. Someone had taken noticed of her and quickly brought her into the equation of the duel. Supporting her, Bakura yelled, "Are you sure you want to risk the life of one of your people just to eliminate me?" By the way he was holding her, everyone gasped but mainly Mahad, Aknadin and the Pharaoh. Aknadin immediately recognized the girl in front of him and questioned internally how she was still alive. Mahad knew the Pharaoh was in love with Aadila, but he knew that Aadila would do something stupid and allow him to risk her life to save Egypt. The Pharaoh, however, didn't recognize the girl at all, but he felt this strange feeling of his heart breaking.

"So what is it going to be your Highness? The girl, or the Items?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.2K 20
I don't own the pics, or the anime, this is just a fanfic This is my first book, so it maybe crappy, but please bare with me...😦Gomen😓.... but ye...
4.6K 57 29
Book #1 of the Love Through Time series Some souls are linked beyond time and space Connected with a magical link through the ages After the ceremoni...
6.1K 127 25
Yugi Muto and the gang have returned from their adventures in South America. Upon their arrival, the gang is introduced to Seto Kaiba's girlfriend, K...
6.5K 191 18
This story has recently been put in the Yugiohwattyawards for 2017! If you haven't followed them yet I would recommend it! There's always some really...