Naruto: The return of the los...

By SundayFanFICS

It's been 19 years since that tragic incident....19 years since Menma and Narumi were known to be the only ch... More

Ch-1 Prologue
Ch-2
Ch-3
Ch-4
Ch-5
Ch-6
Ch-7
Ch-8
Ch-9
Ch-10
Ch-11
Ch-12
Ch-13
Ch-14
Ch-16
Ch-17
Ch-18
Ch-19
About Update.
Ch-20
Ch-21
Ch-22
Ch-23
Ch-24
Ch-25
Ch-26
Ch-27
Ch-28
Ch-29
Ch-30
Ch-31
Ch-32
Ch-33

Ch-15

2.3K 59 10
By SundayFanFICS

Sunagakure,
Suna Hospital,
Night time.

A few hours had passed after the attack on Suna by Akatsuki. Ever since then, the rush in Hospital hasn't stopped. Shinobis after shinobis, brutally injured were being tended by doctors.

After hearing the news of how Menma, Sasuke and Neji, one of the best in Konoha were toyed by just 2 Akatsuki members, the terror spread to every village. Their friends couldn't believe that Sasuke , Neji and Menma were defeated.

Right now, The group of Konoha 13 along with Itachi and Kakashi were waiting outside a hospital room where their friends were being attended. Soon their attention was taken by a doctor who came walking outside the room "They have regained their consciousness now. No vital injuries, let them rest till tomorrow and they will be atleast good to walk".

"Can we go and see them?" The doctor nodded at Narumi's question and without wasting a moment they barged inside the room.

Their eyes widened when they looked at the condition of their friends. They had never seen them like this ever before...not even at war times they were in such tragic condition. "Sasuke-kun!" Sakura ran next to him as she was terrified looking at his injuries. "Wha-what happened to your eyes" Sasuke's eyes, which were covered in bandages worried everyone.

"It's fine, I just used them too much....even still I couldn't defeat The Crow." frustration was clearly visible on his face. "He didn't even use his Mangekyou Sharingan against me. With just Three Tomoe Sharingan he completely owned me....what an insult-".

Itachi interrupted Sasuke before he could further demoralize himself "look at your injuries...he must have fought seriously. Which means you were a tough opponent for him. Don't loose confidence, in one or two year you will definitely surpass him. If it's someone's fault then its me.Sorry everyone...I couldn't reach in time.".

"Hinata? Where is she?" asked Neji as he couldn't find her anywhere "she wanted to come but her father stopped her at home.....he said they are having some guests coming today" replied Ino.

The room remained silent for a while as everyone held different emotions in them. Some were angry looking at their friends condition, some were sad while some were shocked. Just then, Shikamaru broke the silence "So Sasuke was done in by Crow....what about you both?"

"Naruto...it was Naruto" those who were seating jumped up in shock as they heard the name. "Naruto! He defeated you both? How?" Kiba fired the questions at them. "He was strong...too strong. Living under the same roof with him I knew he was powerful but...but he far exceeded my expectations." The room went completely silent after this.

"Y-you are kidding me right? N-naruto? That Naruto defeated BOTH of you?" Narumi just couldn't accept this. Her brother whose power and skills she always admired was defeated even after he teamed up with Neji who was also just as good as him. "He is not joking Narumi" with a low voice of that of a defeated person Neji continued "at first we thought we had him but....he adapted to our speed in just few minutes. His movements were flawless like he has been sparring with us for ages. We somehow managed to pin him down and I was successful in cutting off his chakra network so he couldn't infuse chakra. But then...soon he released his true powers...a horrifyingly strong chakra which I have felt nowhere. He underwent some changes after that....his eyes were pupil-less red, his hands changed into a claw....it was like we were facing a monster".

The group couldn't picture Naruto under the description given by Neji. The Naruto they knew was a calm , always cheerful one but here they were hearing completely contrasting image. "No doubt about it" Kakashi's sudden murmer of words took everyone's attention "according to Neji, if Naruto's appearance changed after he activated a different chakra....then it's a Tailed-Beasts chakra".

"Tailed Beasts chakra!" exclaimed everyone. "I guess we have finally figured out their objective. They are obtaining chakra scrolls so that they could use that power for themselves. Just like Naruto has a tailed beasts chakra, we can assume that even other members of Akatsuki have successfully attained the power of Tailed-Beasts....what do you think Itachi?" asked Kakashi.

"Hmmm....you are right" Itachi replied. The discussion on Tailed Beast and chakra scrolls went for minutes. Everyone came out with their own theories and assumptions but one thing they all agreed upon was, Akatsuki has been collecting chakra scrolls to increase their powers.

This whole time, when everyone was indulged in the discussion there was Menma who was silently sitting on his bed starring at his hands. It took Narumi no time to notice his brother spacing out so she asked " Nii-san? Are you okay?".

Menma remained silent for a while as a soft smile appeared on his face "Do you remember Narumi I always used to say my only competitor is you. There is no one but you who can match my speed and defeat me.......I will never be defeated by anyone else." Everyone's eyes were on Menma now as he continued "I was so proud when I said those words. Jiraiya sensei always said that the only one who can outpace Tou-san in Flying Raijin is his children....you and me, that's why I was so sure that no one else can defeat me. But here I am, sitting defeated with bandages wrapped around me. Laughable right?--"

"Don't say that Nii-san" interrupted Narumi "I have always and will always idolize you. Next time I meet Naruto I will surely avenge you".

"That's the spirit Narumi!" laughed Kakashi but soon they were interrupted by Menma's words "You can't Narumi. One thing which I understood fighting him was....he is in a complete different league. Individually none of us can defeat him. Only if we are together is when we stand a chance."

"He must be too strong to take you and Neji together" said Kiba. "Yeah, ridiculously strong. When I used flying raijin he couldn't see me....but he could sense me. I could see his ears reacted everytime I closed on him. And overtime his ears got sharper and it was like he could smell me in the air...such animal he has got. I took his one hit and BLANK...next thing I woke up to see was a bed on which I was lying with doctors treating me". Narumi and her friends understood the seriousness in his words. For Menma to warn about the enemy was something he would never do. It meant that Naruto was just that strong and so will be the Akatsuki.

...............

At Konohagakure,
Hyuga House,
Night time.

Watching the twinkling stars in the dark, Hinata had only one person in her mind. Today the sky was just as decorated as the night she met Naruto. She still remembered the moment when she drowned in his blue pearls under the midnight sky.

Soon she heard a knock on the door "Hinata the guests have arrived come out" it was her father's voice. "Coming!" she replied 'Who are these guests for which Tou-san didn't even allow me to go see Nii-san and others condition?'.

She walked down the stairs towards the living room and she was surprised when she saw Danzo along with few familiar shinobis sitting with her father having a chat. The hall seemed gloomy and she understood that the chat was not something good about as she could see fallen face of her father and Hanabi.

"Welcome Danzo-sama" sharing each other greetings Hinata took her seat next to her father. She carefully examined the two familiar shinobis next to Danzo as she recalled who they were 'wait, aren't they from the Yumo clan who came at proposal ceremony. I rejected the Prince so what are they doing here?'.

Hinata looked at Hanabi with a what-is-happening? face but she just put her head down. Now, everyone's eyes were on her. She confusingly looked at her father who was struggling to speak his words "H-hinata, we...I have decided to arrange your marriage with Prince of Yumo".

Hinata's eyes went wider than ever when she heard it. Her face was a mixed expression of confusion and shock. "Ever since the incident of Akatsuki stealing Five Tails chakra scroll has taken place, Yumo clan has taken back their assistance from Hidden Leaf. Prince of Yumo says that only if you accept his proposal of marriage he will provide the help. And now that Six-Tails chakra scroll which is guarded in Hyuga House is next target of Akatsuki, we desperately need the extra protection from Yumo" explained Hiashi.

All these words coming out of her father's mouth were heartbreaking for her. She just glared at the two shinobis from Yumo who were next to Danzo as she said "Your Prince is ready to neglect village defence for his personal interests! What kind of Prince is he?! Marry him or else he won't help? This is blackmail! Is this how dignified your clan is? Does this behavior suit your status!" Hinata's words made the Yumo shinobis silent. They were themselves ashamed of such orders from Prince but they had no choice.

"I-I can understand your anger Hinata-sama. Actually, everyone in our clan is opposing his orders but since he holds the absolute power we can't resist. Earlier, it was Princess Shion who held half of the power....she was kind, strong and always made right decisions but now that she is in coma we have no choice but listen to Prince. From everyone of our clan member we are sorry Hinata-sama but we can't help" both the Yumo shinobis never lifted their head to look into Hinata's eyes. They were truly ashamed.

Hinata was fuming with anger. She would never ever marry a man so selfish. "Understand the situation Hinata. We need every assistance we could to protect the village from Akatsuki." said Hiashi. "So you want me to marry someone just for military purpose? How can you say that Tou-san? And what about the promise you made to your beloved wife? Does that hold no importance?" Hiashi was made silent by her words. Hiashi was having a great conflict between Danzo's orders and the promise he gave to his wife.

Just then, when Hiashi was about to say something Danzo intervened "Your marriage has been already decided with Prince of Yumo a week ago by your father. We were here to discuss the date of marriage and also to let you know about this"

"Oh thank you for letting me know about my own marriage a week later" a suppressed chuckle escaped out of Hanabi at this comment of her sister but she quickly covered it. "Hinata you are a grown up lady now. You must understand the crisis we are in. Danzo-sama's decision is correct." said Hiashi.

"Danzo-sama has no right to make decisions about my life. That rests in my hands only. And about my marriage? I am already in love with Naruto so just forget that I will marry someone else. And next time....I don't want Danzo-sama making any decisions for me...Thank you" with this she stormed out of the house. "Hinata!. Sorry Danzo-sama for her ill behavior towards you" apologized Hiashi. "Don't worry about that she is still naive. That Naruto guy has made a huge impact on her mind. One day she will understand".

"I-I will go check on her" Hanabi then bid her farewell to the people in the room and followed her sister.

..........

Hanabi kept looking for her sister and after the search of few minutes she found her sitting on the bench of their garden. She quietly walked close to her when she noticed an angry frown on her face. Though the matter was a very serious one, Hanabi couldn't help but chuckle at it. Afterall, it was a very rare moment for Hinata to be angry and wearing such expressions.

Hanabi cleared her throat as she proceeded to speak "Nee-san are you okay?"

"Okay? How can I be okay? Father has decided my wedding with that looser Prince without even asking me! I feel like to barge straight into that Prince's house and beat him into a pulp. Does he have no shame? Didn't I reject him.." Hanabi sweatdroped as she now was facing Hinata's wrath through her words. She listened to her sister's curses against the prince and Yumo clan and waited for her to totally unload her anger.

"Are you done now?" asked Hanabi. She noticed the change in expression on Hinata's face but she was shocked when she saw hint of tears trailing down her eyes "Nee-san?".

"What is this happening Hanabi? Why is this Happening? How can Tou-san do this to me?." Hinata continued while sobbing "The only boy I ever loved is not here with me. Orders for Kill at Sight are given for him. Making me fall for him, he left without any words. I no longer know what should I do....there is no one to whom I can talk about him. He must be in grave danger and there is no one for his help".

"You have me Nee-san. I too, believe in Naruto. Air around him was always so soothing...such person can't be evil. And you know what Nee-san, there is one more lady beside us who knows this even better than us....Kushina-san. Afterall, she allowed Naruto stay with her...there must be something she felt towards him. You should go and talk to her" listening to consoling words from Hanabi Hinata wiped off her tears as she said "Yeah you are right. I should talk to Kushina-san. Maybe even she needs someone with whom she could freely talk about him"..

...............

At Akatsuki Hideout.

"Kisame is dead now. Five Tails chakra has been extracted through his body and locked in this Gedo Statue. Everyone, let there be a silence of two minutes to respect his sacrifice and to let his soul rest in peace." Following Nagato's words Naruto , Konan and Hidan bowed to their friend as they stayed silent.

Soon two minutes passed as they opened their eyes with tears visible in them. Just then, Nagato came walking towards Naruto "Next is Six-Tails chakra scroll which is in Hyuga House of Hidden Leaf. Two days from today, Hidan and you will be heading there. This time we can't ask Crow to help us."

"Understood Nagato. By the way Naruto, your love is the Hyuga princess right? I hope you won't be swayed away by your emotions in the mission" said Hidan.

"Don't worry about that. I will not let my emotions interfere" replied Naruto.
"Oh so you don't deny that she is your love eh..." Hidan's tease flustered Naruto to which everyone laughed at "Hidan Teme! Don't you have any other thing to do than bring her in between"

Hidan laughed at his reaction as he placed his hand on Naruto's shoulder "Just a joke man, just a joke to ease up the atmosphere. Before you it was Deidara who would get picked up by everyone. Don't worry, even if you get distracted after a tragic reunion with her I will be having your back and save you. I wished if you could introduce her to me someday but....I guess I will be leaving this world soon after the mission"..

............................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 1.4K 47
"I'm his twin sister I have to look out for him" a little girl around 5 mumbles to herself. "you don't have to protect Naruto" her father says to her...
880K 22.3K 33
Book 1: Naruto.... The young blonde boy we know and love.... He still lives in Konoha however... he is different. Konoha is different. Naruto's paren...
169K 2.9K 31
He was neglected, shunned, abused, battered and stabbed and ill spoken by all the villagers. Finally he took a chance. A chance that made him stronge...
3.5K 256 30
Naruto is the son of the way too loveable Minato Namikaze and his beautiful hotheaded wife Kushina Uzumaki who is the CEO of the Uzumaki/Namikaze com...