The ties that bind us

By Kishi_Alvani

Min Yoongi - known as Suga - is just beginning his career with BTS when he is forced by his parents to fulfil... More

Chapter I: The arrangement
Chapter II: The first shot
Chapter III: Friends?
Chapter IV: Imposition
Chapter VI: Abnegation
Chapter VII: Wounded pride
Chapter VIII: The wedding
Chapter IX: Itaewon
Chapter X: Meeting Bangtan
Chapter XI: Rival
Chapter XII: Brokenhearted
Chapter XIII: Temptation
Chapter XIV: The Party
Chapter XV: Happy Birthday
Chapter XVI: Explanations
Chapter XVII: A little anniversary present
Chapter XVIII: Adversary
Chapter XIX: Defender
Chapter XX: Suga's girlfriend
Chapter XXI: Suga's Wife

Chapter V: A poisoned dagger

132 2 1
By Kishi_Alvani

Neither you nor your parents knew what had happened at the Mins. You only knew that Suga had returned to Seoul the very next day, but a week had passed, and he hadn't texted or called you again. You wanted to text to him first, but you knew he was busy with his work, and you were worried you might bother him, or give him a bad impression that you were a clingy girl.

That kiss that didn't happen still ached. But you were confused, you remembered everything you did together that day and you were under the impression that he might like you. There was no way to be sure, you wanted to see him again.

It was the weekend once again and you couldn't take it anymore. You sent him a text message.

"Oppa, how are you?

Have you eaten lunch today?

If you are not so busy, we could meet.

I want to repay you for last time.

It was delicious, and I want to go to that place again. "

You sent him several texts and he read them, but he did not reply. You assumed that he was very busy, so you threw your phone on the bed and continued with your tasks. After a couple of minutes, you heard that a message came in.

"Okay.

See you there. I'm on my way out."

Your heart skipped a beat. He had accepted your invitation. You ran to the mirror to get ready and ran quickly to the restaurant.

He wasn't there yet, so you sat at a table waiting for him and sent another text.

"I just got here. I'll wait for you."

He saw the message, but he did not reply. Several minutes had passed when you spotted him from afar. That day he showed up with a new hair color, you could see it very well under his cap, it was amazing. You smiled thinking about how this oppa who you have known all your life had really become an idol.

Yoongi looked at you and walked over to the table. His expression was very stern. He greeted you simply and sat across from you.

Y/n: Thanks for coming. (You smiled at him).

He nodded coldly. You knew that Yoongi had that duality, if he wasn't in the mood, he was very quiet and distant, so you didn't think anything about it.

Y/n: What would you like to order? I will eat the same thing as last time.

Suga looked the menu up and down, then put it on the table visibly annoyed.

Y/n: Would you like me to order for you?

Yoongi: (Looking at you coldly, he whispered). Sure.

You ordered fried chicken and beer for both; you knew he liked that. You were surprised when he changed the drink order and said that he would not have alcohol that day.

The silence during lunch was deafening. You were happy to be with him, but you felt uncomfortable about his attitude. It was a radical change compared to the last time. If things continued be like this, you would not be able to tell if he liked you or not.

After lunch you asked him if he wanted to walk with you to a nearby plaza. You thought that if you could get him to shift his mood, he would be a little more expressive. He kept silent just staring at you, so you took it as a yes.

While walking down the street, you tried to meet his eyes, but he avoided your gaze. You wondered if there was something going on at work that bothered him.

Y/n: How is work going? I saw that you changed your hair color, it suits you very well, do you like it?

Yoongi: All good.

He barely answered you. You sighed internally.

There were many merchants at the plaza selling ornaments, handicrafts, jewelry and more. You were fascinated with all the cute things on display and made comments about them here and there, but he didn't respond to any.

You knew that it was pointless, he was not going to shift his mindset. It was better if you met some other day when he was more willing.

Y/n: Oppa, I must go. I have a lot of homework. Thank you for keeping me company, I hope we can meet again soon.

He just looked at you without saying a word.

Y/n: Bye!

You waved your hand at him and started walking towards your apartment. You had already walked about a block when you realized that he was following behind, keeping distance.

Y/n: Oppa, don't you live to the other side?

Yoongi: I'm going to walk you to your apartment.

Y/n: It is not necessary, really. See you another day.

You continued to walk, but it didn't take long before you realized that he was still following behind, so you decided to slow down a bit so that he could catch up with you, until you reached the entrance of the building where you lived in.

Y/n: Well, I'm here. Thanks again.

You smiled at him and walked to the elevator, but he was still following you.

Y/n: What is the matter?

Yoongi: I'm going to walk you to your apartment door and then I'm going to leave.

You told him it wasn't necessary, but he ignored you. You didn't insist and went up the elevator until making it to your door.

You looked at him puzzled; you couldn't understand his attitude. He had shown annoyance all along and now he had this detail with you.

Y/n: Thank you for accepting my invitation to lunch. (You were a little nervous remembering what happened in front of this same door last time).

Yoongi: I had no other choice.

His answer took you by surprise.

Y/n: Excuse me?

Yoongi: I don't have a choice, do I? I must respond to your every call because it is my duty.

His words hurt you a lot.

Y/n: I don't know what you mean If your parents are forcing you to keep me company or take care of me, please don't ignore them. I dont want you to do anything that doesnt come naturally to you.

He avoided your gaze, but he was obviously upset, more than before.

Y/n: I apologize for the inconvenience. I thought that at least a part of you was having fun, I did not imagine that you were being forced.

You wanted to cry, but you had to be strong so that he wouldn't see your tears.

Yoongi: You say that, but you know it's not like that ... I can't do what I want because others have already decided for me.

You were very confused by his words. He just wanted to vent the anger out of him, he had been holding back the entire time you had been together.

Yoongi: There there is a pact, isn't there?

Your lips parted slightly in surprise. It was obvious now that he was referring to the marriage arrangement.

Y/n: That... I have nothing to do with it, it was something our parents decided.

Yoongi: You have everything to do with it, I'm not going to marry your parents, but you.

Y/n: Wait, there's something I don't understand. You've never been so upset before. How long have you known about this?

Yoongi: Just found out a few days ago, but you've known about it all this time.

Y/n: I had no idea how your parents had handled it. It was never clear to me if you already knew or not. We barely saw each other a couple of times in all these years.

Yoongi: Once would have been enough for you to tell me. You have all been planning my life behind my back.

Y/n: Oppa, please understand that I am not in control of the situation either.

You felt very bad about what was happening. You felt accused by Suga about the arranged marriage.

Yoongi: You're the only one who has control over the situation, Y/n. If you tell your parents that you don't want to marry me, they will break this engagement right away and leave us both alone. I've been working hard for my dream for years and now you put banana peels on my path no, not a banana peel, a bomb.

Your heart clenched in your chest. You had been wishful about this relationship for so many years, but he never realized what was going on. And now that he knew about the arrangement, it was obvious that he didn't want anything to do with you. You were so stunned by his claims that you couldn't answer a word, you couldn't process everything that happened now.

He took your silence as a negative and got even more upset. He turned around in frustration and banged his fist on the wall.

You were scared, you had never seen him like this. He suddenly reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out an object. It was a small wooden box.

Yoongi: Okay, congratulations, you win. (He said sarcastically).

He handed you the box and left immediately.

You walked into your apartment sweating cold, your hands were shaking. You opened the box and inside there was an engagement ring. It was nothing fancy, but it was pretty and delicate. You immediately started crying as sadness overtook you.

Handing over an engagement ring should be a magical moment, a romantic proposal, but for you it had been a terrifying and painful experience. Suga had handed you over a poisoned dagger; that ring in front of you represented the admission ticket to a loveless marriage.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: This fanfic is also posted on YouTube and TikTok. You can find me as BangtaniesFics.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 1.4K 21
We're married but don't expect anything from me ~TAEHYUNG~ I won't !! don't worry ~YOONGI~ . . . . . . YOU'RE SO ANNOYING ~TAEHYUNG~ SAME TO YOU ~Y...
257K 7.6K 45
"She's my life, my everything." The story between Min Yoongi and his wife as they found love and fought with love even until death do they part. - Ar...
SMS By 🦉

Fanfiction

167K 5.1K 47
Min Yoongi, also known as Suga of BTS has kept a huge secret. He kept it from his members for years. Now, his secret is finally revealed to his membe...
9K 175 31
Desiree (Dez-eh-Ray) is from Seoul Korea when she meets min yoongi better known as suga from BTS read to find out more