You're My Twin

By Abeehiltz1159

The life of a god is never easy, is it? -------- Technoblade stared at his brother in surprise. "How did you... More

One: The Four Twins
Two: Her Soldier, Her Poet, Her Kings
Four: First Words
Five: Music
Six: Hide and Seek
Seven: Agony
Eight: The End
Nine: Adjusting
Ten: Journaling
Eleven: Floris

Three: Voices

103 5 34
By Abeehiltz1159

Trigger Warning: blood, panic, injury, fainting, near death

The art isn't mine! I found it on Pinterest and thought it looked cool so I used it 

--------

Technoblade's Void was chaotic beyond relief. The constant screaming of the Voices gave the young god major headaches, which, against popular belief, immortals could get too. These screams were the voices of thousands of unnamed people, possibly those of the dead; being the son of Death herself, Techno considered this a high probability. Technoblade listened as the Voices demanded blood, war, sacrifice, fire, and justice all day, every day, which was very tiring and annoyed him quite a lot.

It was because of these Voices that he almost killed his brother.

It all began on a cloudy summer day near the beginning of August. Tommy and Toby had put up a fight going to bed the previous night, wearing their mother down to the extent that she wanted to sleep through the next week. Techno and Wilbur did what they could for her but were eventually sent outside by their father.

"I hope Mum's okay," Wil said worriedly as he tuned his guitar. He was sitting on the back porch with Techno, trying to play quietly so he wouldn't disturb his parents.

"I don't see a reason to worry, honestly." Techno was whittling what looked like a potato out of spruce wood from the tree he had cut down with Philza the week before. "She's just tired. It's not like she's going to die or anything."

Wil sighed. "I know. I just can't help it. I hate being in situations where I can't do anything, y'know?"

"Maybe you could play for Toby and Tommy," Techno suggested. "I'm sure they'd like your playing."

"Maybe." The younger of the two plucked the final string on his guitar and cringed. "That is extremely out of tune," he muttered, fiddling with the tuning knobs at the end of the neck.

"You dropped it on the way downstairs. I'm not surprised that it's out of tune."

"Please don't be savage on purpose," Wil whined. "It's rather hurtful."

"Oh, you're fine." Techno lifted his wooden masterpiece for his twin to see. "Can you tell what this is, Wilbur?"

"It's a potato."

"Yes, but not just any potato. I am going to be the best potato farmer this world has ever seen, and when that day comes, I shall cover this wooden potato in gold and put it in a vault where no one but me can access it!"

"Okay, but . . . why potatoes?"

"Because someone who isn't me is number one in potato farming, and I must beat that child! My legacy will be left in the form of a massive potato farm!"

Wil stared at Technoblade, who had risen from his chair and put one foot on the table in front of him, almost toppling it.

"I need that table to put my music sheets on, Techno," Wil reminded him.

"There's a music stand in the basement."

"Can't you just move?"

"No."

Techno watched his twin go inside, rubbing his wooden potato with his thumb as he leaned on the table. He knew there was a possibility that said table would break, but he didn't care. He gazed at the woods surrounding his home, feeling as though they would someday belong to him as a birthright.

He heard one of the Voices whisper, Blood.

"No," he whispered back.

Blood.

"No."

Blood!

"No!"

BLOOD!

"NO!"

BLOOD!

"NO!"

Technoblade fell to the floor and clutched his head tightly, covering his ears as the rest of the Voices began to scream with the first: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Technoblade ran inside, raced down the basement stairs, and slammed and locked the door. Only then did he allow himself to breathe, taking uneasy steps down the staircase as the Voices only got louder. He tripped on the tenth step and collapsed, his head banging against the dark wooden floor.

"Techno!" Wil's voice came from the opposite corner of the room. He ran toward his twin, who gave him a look of horror in response; he had forgotten that his brother was in the basement before he was.

"Get out of here," Techno said, beginning to panic. "Wil, leave. NOW. LEAVE NOW! PLEASE! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"Why? What's wrong?" Wilbur sounded shocked.

KILL HIM! The Voices screamed. PUT HIM OUT OF HIS MORTAL MISERY!

KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

Technoblade finally let himself scream, and the Voices took control. His consciousness was shoved into the back of his Void, and the Voices began to chant: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

The Voices rose to their feet, drawing Technoblade's sword.

"Blood," they whispered. "Blood for the Blood God."

--------

Wilbur made his way through the house down to the basement, wondering where that old music stand could be. (His first stand had broken about a year ago—his only excuse had been "I got angry" when his father asked why it was broken.)

Wil eventually found the music stand tucked away behind a chest in a corner away from the furnace. He struggled to move the chest from the wall, wondering how much time had passed since he had left the porch.

As he reached across the chest to grab the stand, he heard the basement door at the top of the stairs slam shut, someone stumbling down the stairs, and a loud BANG that made him jump.

"Techno? Techno!"

Wil ran over to him, about to help him up, but Techno's pained expression quickly changed to one of horror.

"Get out of here," Techno gasped. "Wil, leave. NOW. LEAVE NOW! PLEASE! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"What?" Wilbur stepped closer. "Why? What's wrong?"

Techno screamed, slamming his hands over his ears as he tried to get even further away from Wilbur, but to no avail. His eyes turned from their usual brown to solid gold as his screams died down.

"Blood," he whispered.

Wilbur shivered. It was Techno's voice, but not in a tone he'd ever heard him use. It was cold and brutal.

Techno's now-golden eyes met Wilbur's, rising to his feet and drawing his sword, almost in a robotic motion.

"Blood for the Blood God."

It was only when the Voices attacked that Wilbur thought to run.

He ran around the basement as the Voices broke just about everything, getting closer and closer to Wilbur. Wil knew it wasn't Techno who was attacking him, it was his Voices, but that didn't make the situation much better.

Wilbur only thought to get help from Phil when he slammed into a wall and felt his right arm crack. Clutching his injury, he ran up the stairs to find that the door was locked.

Techno must have locked it so he would be alone until the Voices quieted down, he thought.

Wil turned just in time to dodge the point of Techno's sword aimed for his chest. He instead received an agonizing gash along the length of his calf, feeling as though his leg had just been set on fire. The Voices took advantage of his shocked state to impale his opposite thigh, the blade going in one side and coming out the other.

Blood spilled from each of Wil's wounds, pain shooting up his body, giving the Voices partially what they wanted. However, there was one thing they had requested that they had yet to receive: death. They wanted Wilbur to die and would stop at nothing to achieve their goal.

The diamond weapon went through Wil's side, making him lose even more blood. Soon he couldn't run any longer and collapsed to the stone floor, unconscious and bleeding.

The Voices raised Technoblade's sword, preparing to drive it into Wilbur's heart, but they were stopped by a hand coming up behind them and grabbing Techno's wrist.

Philza yanked Technoblade away from Wilbur and forced an elixir down his throat, an elixir that Kristin had brewed for this specific situation. When the gold in Techno's eyes refused to dim, Phil gave him another one. This went on for about three more minutes as the Voices refused to surrender and Wilbur continued down the path to Death's Doors.

--------

"Seventeen," Philza sighed. "That's the most you've gone through at once."

"I know, I know," Techno snapped through the med room door. "Don't remind me."

It would normally only take about eight elixirs to stop the Voices at the maximum. One touch from Kristin would have silenced them completely for a couple of days, a week if they were lucky (which wasn't often).

It's getting worse, Phil thought as he tended to Wilbur's near-fatal wounds. He might actually kill someone one of these days.

"Can I see him now?" Techno asked. Phil hadn't allowed him to come in to see Wil—he was afraid that it would break his eldest child's heart to witness his brother's suffering.

Phil remained silent, wrapping a bandage around his son's middle over the wound in his side.

"Please?" He heard Techno beg for the thousandth time. "How badly hurt is he?"

"Very," Philza snapped, all patience gone. "He almost died."

"WHAT?!"

The door broke off its hinges, the deafening crash echoing through the room. Technoblade stood in the doorway, a horrified expression painted across his face. "I almost KILLED HIM? And you didn't think to TELL ME?"

"What—Techno?" Phil cried, nearly dropping the bandages.

"WHY?" Techno sounded close to tears. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME AN HOUR AGO THAT I ALMOST KILLED MY TWIN?!"

Phil silently returned his attention back to Wilbur as if Techno wasn't even there. He gave Wil a healing potion to quicken his recovery, then stood and stretched, fanning his large wings over the room. Technoblade backed away to avoid the tips of his father's feathers and scowled.

"Well?" He demanded, a bit calmer now. "Why didn't you?"

Philza looked at his eldest son with a grieved expression. "I didn't want you to see the damage the Voices caused, Techno. I wanted to let you in, but I knew that I couldn't; it would hurt you too much." He paused. "In all honesty, I wanted to wait until he woke up before I let you in, but I guess that's not an option anymore."

Techno looked guiltily at the broken hinges the door had once hung on. "Sorry."

"It's alright, mate," Phil assured. "We'll fix it later."

The young god stepped toward his brother, and this time, Phil didn't stop him. Techno sat on the bed next to Wilbur, wondering why he had let the Voices control him in the first place. Looking at the broken form of his twin made him feel ashamed, even though it wasn't really him who had given the wounds.

"I'm sorry, Wil," Technoblade whispered.

--------

Wil's eyes fluttered open, burning slightly as he looked up into the sudden brightness of the medical room. He felt warmth on his left and saw that it was Techno, who seemed like he was about to cry.

"Tech?" Wilbur croaked, feeling drained and exhausted. He glanced at the several tightly bound bandages covering his injured body, memory of what happened in the basement flooding back in a rush: Techno screaming, his eyes turning gold, the chase around the basement, pain shooting through his body as he was wounded.

"Techno?" he said, louder this time. Techno finally looked up, guilt covering his face.

"I'm so sorry, Wil . . . Wilbur, I'm so sorry . . . "

"It's okay, Techno. I don't blame you for anything."

Phil looked relieved. "Feeling alright, mate?"

"I'm a bit banged up, but I'll be okay," Wil said, managing a smile. "I'm a demigod, after all." 

--------

2834 WORDS???? :O LONGEST CHAPTER YET!!!  

Also, HUGE SHOUTOUT to my editor, BubblezTheBee! She is amazing at what she does and she is one of the main reasons I want to update: to make sure my story has good reviews and possibly some ways to make it even better :D

Thanks for reading!! 

--------

Aug 26, 2022

2057 words

I originally had a Wilbur dreaming scene, but ended up deleting it since it's not relevant to the story anymore. I will publish it in my blog book if you guys want me to :)

Again, YMT is going through a lot of editing, so apologies in advance if the book isn't what you remember it being

Thank you for reading!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 2.3K 42
After many months of playing minecraft together, the dsmp is finally meeting up! Not that Ranboo really wants to go though. With the tight binder ar...
560 31 14
-----PAUSED AT THE MOMENT. READ CHAPTER "Sorry!!!" FOR MORE INFORMATION.----- **ALL STORIES DISCONTINUED FOR THE TIME BEING** Also being revised a li...
9.2K 567 25
(completed) It has only been a few months since the meet-up, but so many things have happened in that time. Not that all of them were that great for...
5.5K 387 8
Tubbo and Ranboo have very different thoughts on whether Michael should go into the life of crime. Not that is parents actions are leaving any good r...