Deception || PJM

By Bangtanbean

You managed to get one good hit before the barrel was empty. As expected, it did no injury. His dark eyes loc... More

•Intro•
•A Fresh Start•
• Caffeine•
•New Faces•
•Home•
•Close Call•
•Questions•
•It Rains, It Pours•
•Echo's of The Pit 1/2•
•Echo's of The Pit 2/2•
•The Ring Of Fire•
•Taken•
•So Far, So Good•
•Home Sweet Home•
•Proposition•
•Bird's Eye View•
•Let The Games Begin•
•All's Fair in Love and War•
•Broken Mask•
•Opportunity•
•Turmoil•
•Scream•

•Fight or Flight•

10 4 1
By Bangtanbean

The door was left open. You couldn't believe it! What a stroke of luck it was for Tae to forget to close the door, this way you could escape without having to lie to anyone. You needed to run, it was your only option, unless you wanted to end up back in The Academy.

At first everything was quiet, the silence was soothing, comforting, like you were leaving everything in peace, not running. Usually when you left somewhere you were in a rush, panicked and on the verge of being caught. But not this time. This time you got to say goodbye in your own way.

Tae had told you that Namjoon called a meeting. This meant all the boys would be locked in a room somewhere, no doubt soundproof, and Jimin was laying in a bed somewhere unconcious, perfect.

You took your time strolling up the first corridor, tracing your fingers against the smooth surface of the walls. It was silly, but you didn't like goodbyes and this was your way of giving one, to their base at least. Don't get me wrong this was not your home and you were never welcome here but in some precious moments you felt like you were part of something worth while, the first time in your life that that has ever happened. Sometimes it was Hobi's laugh, or Tae's grin that made you feel comfort but you know that feeling was dangerous and futile. They were going to hand you over any day now and you'd be back where you started.

The only silver lining of that reality would be to see Sejin again. It had been too long and you missed confiding in your father figure. Since he picked you up from the orphanage with Hak Chul-Moo he had taken care of you and you wanted to return the favour. Perhaps there was a safe way of contacting him without interference from The Academy and Hak Chul-Moo finding out. You made a mental reminder to look into that possibility after you had left.

Left or Right?

You reached the end of he corridor and realised you had no idea how to get out. This place was massive, a labyrinth of corridors and rooms. This was going to be more complicated than you first thought. The uncertainty made you speed up, you were now speed walking through different corridors and rooms trying to find the front door but with no luck.

You turned one last corner and then something caught your eye.

A reflection?

No, it couldn't be.

It had only been a maximum 5 minutes since the boys would have started their meeting, there was no way they were done already, right? Ahead of you was a short corridor leading into a large open room with white and black square ceramic tiles covering the floor and the walls.

The interesting thing about ceramic was that it showed reflections, and you had impeccable eyesight. Distorted in the polished tiles on the far wall was a reflection of a man dressed head to toe in a black uniform, a uniform that was all too familiar.

He was from The Academy. And he was about to turn the corner and see you.

Shit. SHIT.

Not knowing what else to do, you turned back around the corner you had previously come from, hoping that the man didn't see you turn and walk away. Was this all part of the plan? Did the members want to make you feel somewhat accepted, leave your door open and give you hope only for a sadistic game of cat and mouse to take place that they were no doubt watching on CCTV Somewhere?

I should have known better.

The next decision you made was easy. You had two options: fight, or flight? And every fibre in your body was screaming flight. You didn't know your way out and you didn't know how many agents from The Academy were coming after you.

Flight.

You were about to run but were stopped in your tracks as the lights turned off around the base, for a moment you were submerged in complete darkness and so was your mind. You didn't have any weapons on you, the only protection you could provide was your bare hands and that wasn't going to get you very far against the weapons they would have brought with them.

Your training kicked in and you felt around you until you found a wall and pressed your back firmly to it's uninviting surface. This way no one was going to sneak up on you. You shuffled along the cold wall, it's smooth surface providing no comfort. Every now and then you could feel the ridges off a door frame against your back, but they were all locked. You stopped against a section of wall and paused to listen, again you were met by deafening silence.

The only thing you could hear were the voices in your head, screaming at you different strategies and techniques, what to do, what not to do, but all of their advice ended in your capture. Your breath started getting heavier and a cold sweat appeared on your forehead as reality set in.

There was no way out. You were on your own. This was the end.

All of a sudden a gloved hand covered your mouth and the other grabbed both your wrists, pulling you into a room off the corridor.

The man whispered in your ear immediately, "Shhh, shhh, Y/N, shhhh its me, Tae. I'm not going to hurt you."

Tae shined a torch on his face and took off his night vision googles before continuing. He was still wearing his suit and he looked ... pissed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? We're trying to save you and you ... what, are running away? leaving? Now?! I thought... I thought we were too late when I found your room empty but Namjoon found you on CCTV. What the heck Y/N?"

You've never seen him so serious, the vein in his forehead was angrily protruding. And you were getting angry too. You replied in a rushed whisper,

"Save me?! You sent them to me, thought it would be fun didn't you? Giving me a chance to leave but in reality you were seeing me into a manhunt. What the fuck?"

"They're after all of us, can't you see that?! It's us vs them and I think I know what side you want to be on. Sejin has set up a safe house, we need to get out, now Y/N, no more talking I'll explain later."

Sejin? If the boys are going off Sejin's orders maybe I have got the wrong idea...

"Sejin, you're working with Sejin?!" You questioned Tae and probably sounded more excited than you wanted to let on as he looked uncomfortable at your reaction and gulped loudly.

"We'll explain later, Y/N." The man turned toward the far wall and whispered, "Activate" revealing a secret panel full of weapons, masks, chemicals, anything that could give you a chance to get out of this alive.

"Take whatever you want Y/N, you're going to need it. Stay with me and try not to get killed, okay?"

You nodded your head and took a hand gun, Yoongi's 'electro-webs' and a mask. Tae checked your choices and nodded at you before speaking into his earpiece, "Tata to Shooky, package 1 acquired, you may begin."

"Nice code names Tae." You teased, Taehyung just rolled his eyes in response and gestured for you to get behind him. He kicked the door open but the corridor was not how you had left it. Instead of being submerged in darkness, red flashing strobes filled the base and loud rap music was blaring all around you.

"All this was Yoongi's idea, he likes to psych the enemies out." This didn't surprise you, impressed you, but you weren't surprised.

As id on queue a series of gunshots could be heard from the left end of the corridor, followed by a running Hobi coming in to view, also in a suit.

He shouted over the music, "TURNS OUT THESE GUYS AREN'T MUSIC FANS, COVER ME."

Hobi leapt to the floor and covered his head before you and Tae aimed your guns in the direction Hobi came from. 5 men rounded the corner dressed in black combat gear and masks. They were dead before they had a chance to shoot.

Hobi jumped up from the floor and turned to look at the pole of bodies at the end of the corridor. "DAMN, NICE SHOT Y/N, THAT'S 1 TO YOU AND 2 TO ME AND TAE, YOU'VE GOT SOME CATCHING UP TO DO." You couldn't help but smirk at Hobi, he was always trying to lighten the mood even in times like this. The suit was somewhat fitting in this setting, it made him look bond like and the lol suited him, he knew it too.

He continued, "RIGHT, JOON'S ON CCTV IN THE VAN SO HE'LL HELP US OUT. WE HAVE 15 MINUTES TO GET TO THE GARAGE BEFORE THE DEADLINE. LETS GO."

You didn't run in to too many other agents thanks to Joon, he was redirecting you remotely to the safest route to the garage to prioritise your safety. The 9 or 10 agents you did run in to were dealt with quickly, it turned out the three of you were quite the trio. You managed to even the scoring system, all 3 of you were on 5 kills.

Even though you were aiming to put your past life behind you this pleases you some how. It proved you were good at something, just as good as the infamous Ring of Fire.

You reached the black and white tiled lobby that you almost entered earlier, only now the shiny surfaces were tarnished with dark red blood that you hoped didn't belong to any of the boys. The look in Hobi's eyes confirmed that he felt the same way.

There was a short break in the loud music while you were moving and you swore you could hear pained shouts from the other side of the house, but Hobi urged you and Tae onwards.

The 3 of you were running now and quickly passed through the last 3 doors leading to your destination and you soon burst into the underground garage. Before you, Joon was pacing and running his hands through his hair and Yoongi was applying pressure to a cut on his chest that had stained his white shirt.

Joon turned to the three of you and your unharmed appearance, causing him to let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god you three are alright, I've lost CCTV connection to half of the base and haven't been able to see JK and Jin for the last 12 minutes."

Tae loosened his tie and went over to the CCTV console. You could see in his eyes that he was worried about the other boys and needed confirmation on their well-being asap.

Hobi ran over to Yoongi to check that he was okay, "Hyung what happened?! Is it deep?"

"Nothing I can't handle Hobi, there was an influx of agents in the lobby and I didn't want them to get to your group or Jin's."

This peeked your interest, the lobby was coated in blood and Yoongi walked away with merely a scratch. "Well, what did you do? There were no bodies." You questioned.

Yoongi just smiled and looked to the ceiling before replying, "I have my ways."

"They're 3 minutes late, somethings not right." Joon was trying to get back into the CCTV system but it was impossible, something had been damaged on the other side.

"Joon, relax I'm sure they're okay, we'll wait a few more minutes." Yoongi comforted Joon.

As if on queue the door burst open to reveal a bloody, sweaty Jin carrying an even bloodier Kook.

'What happened Hyung?!" Questioned Joon. Neither man looked in good shape but JK had obviously been hit the worst. His suit was charred and bloodstained and both his hands were covered in blood.

"We ... there were so many ... they were going to get to Jimin before we did. JK shouted fire and the room blew up. Most of them are dead but we ... I had to get JK out ... Jimin's still in there."

Immediately the boys sprang into action, there was no way they were leaving Jimin in there alone, they were a team. The group crowded round JK who was fading in and out of consciousness and started to discuss the best way to get Jimin out without putting anyone in serious danger.

But you had already thought about the best plan of action. Jimin was trapped, probably still unconscious, and all thanks to you. The Academy would have never come after the boys if it wasn't for you and you knew it. You weren't the biggest fan of Jimin but something inside you made you want to save him. He was a dick, that didn't mean he deserved to die.

You couldn't let the members put their lives before yours for any longer than they already had. You looked down and noticed you hadn't yet changed out of the training gear that Yoongi and Tae had made you, that would protect you from most of what could happen in there right?

Besides, you were specially trained for this kind of thing and were one of the best in your field. Sejin said so.

You had made up your mind and didn't want to discuss it with the rest of the group, they'd only try and stop you. Trying to save Jimin was the least you could do for them after all they had done for you and in reality you knew if things went south that your death would put the boys through less pain than if one of them were to die.

You grabbed a gun and a mask and took one last look at the group before making a run for the door.

Before you opened it you turned and exhaled, you owed them an explanation "I'll go. None of you are going to get hurt more because you have been told to protect me. I can protect myself. I'll get Jimin, don't follow. If I'm not back in 15 minutes leave and save yourselves."

You opened the door but could still hear the protests from the boys behind you, not that you listened.

It was fight or flight, and you chose fight.

You had to save Jimin and protect the boys.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

A/N

Sorry this is very rushed and unedited but I wanted to upload it anyway lol.

Hope you like it chicasssssssssss 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

953 86 20
Suddenly you snap back to reality... 'Fuck! That was a close one!' You can't believe your eyes but you suddenly got pulled by the arm to run away. Y...
4.3K 183 19
As the title says! Requests are open! OT7 or BTSxJin Oneshots Highest ranks to date: #5 in 2seok #1 in alpha×omega #3 in jinmin
7.8K 225 22
you can do some weird things for love - "jimin, where did you go?" i ask as he walks in. his face is bleeding and he has bloody knuckles. "mimi?" "w...
565K 28.2K 47
Im too lazy to write it now Started; 04.21.20 Ended; 06.08.20 highest rank; #2 in jinkook #1 in taejin