Ring Around My Heart (DreamNo...

By Littlefufferfish

-This is an AU (alternative universe) -Multiple ships may appear, but the main is DreamNotFound -No explicit... More

Newly Loved
Tired Of Loving You
Honestly I Love You
High Love
Love Is Illegal
Let's Hope
All Or None
Vacation Or Evacuation
Bright Side
Inclusive Cookies
Just One Of Us
Safe With Us
Jump For Me
Don't Bleed Dry
The Disappearing Sap
Deceptive And Cold-blooded
Eliminate Or Be Eliminated
Home Is Where The Rights Is
Not Worth Death
Time To Go
Pure Love
Please Pretend To Love Me
Watch It Burn, Love
I Did Nothing

Lover's Concussion

30 3 2
By Littlefufferfish

Dream kneeled down and tried to pick George up from the ground. "Fuck, what happened?!" He should of known, it was obvious. There was blood rushing down George's forehead.

They had a bathtub/shower combination. The tub portion had a blood mark across the edge. It was only easy to slip and smack your head on the hard material.

George was practically a ragdoll as Dream attempted to pick him up. He finally got a decent hold on him, and brought him to the couch. Setting him down. He ran to get a towel, not caring that only the white ones were clean.

Dream put the towel firmly against the impact wound.

George was visibly fading in and out.

"Don't fall asleep, awake." He tapped George's cheek with his other hand. The little scratches were nothing anymore.

"Mnnotiredmn" George spat out something undetectable.

Dream moved the towel, seeing how bad the injury really was. It became clear that he needed to go to the hospital.

-

After struggling to get him to the car, Dream was able to rush George to the hospital.

There wasn't a long wait, which concerned Dream. Though they couldn't make him wait when his husband was about as lively as a corpse.

The whole time George was in and out, occasionally mumbling something that didn't make sense.

The doctor examined the wound, already knowing he needed stitches. "Yeah, it's definitely going to need stitches. It won't take long."

"I...mn...tired, can I have tired?" George looked towards the doctor. He was laying on the bed, with Dream next to him.

Dream reached over and held his hand. A victory for George, except he was concussed. "Just relax, you'll be home in bed soon." He had to hold a cloth over the reavene in George's forehead, while the doctor was prepping.

The doctor's assistant started the process of numbing the area. Only to have George push her hands away. "No- don't touch me there- that's hurting my head." George whined at them.

Dream took ahold of George's arms. "They are numbing you, it's okay."

"It's okay?" George repeated softly and let the assistant do their job.

Dream tried not to watch them do the stitching. Passing out wouldn't help the situation. So he kept looking down at the ring on George's finger. He still remembered when he picked it out at 16. The smiley face was an ironic choice, considering he married a man with depression. He loosened his hold on George's arms.

George put his hand on Dream's face. "No looking, it's my hands." He groaned and tried to rub his forehead. The doctor stopped him.

Dream couldn't help but crack a small laugh. It wasn't funny because George was hurt, the concussed confusion was just a bit amusing.

After George was stitched and no longer bleeding, Dream had to get him home. They had to wait in the hospital until George could at least stand. It made it much easier for Dream to help him to the car.

-

Once home, Dream walked George inside. Making sure to keep him from falling over. "How are you holding on?" He asked while walking him through the living room.

"Mn...Dream, I'm tired." George whimpered like a puppy that just got stepped on.

"I know, hold on." Dream picked him up instead.

George wrapped his limbs around Dream like a sloth wrapping around a branch.

Dream brought him to the bedroom, and tried to put him down on the bed. George didn't let go. "Okay, you can let go..."

George stayed on his branch.

Dream tried to take his arms off, but he was stuck on like a bandaid. "George- Let go, it's bedtime."

George wasn't letting go.

Dream wheezed and just stayed there leaning over the bed. "You're hurting my shoulder, can I please put you down baby?"

The word baby coming out of Dream's mouth was all the medicine George needed. He finally let Dream place him on the bed.

Dream put the blankets over him. "Want some water or anything?"

"Water" George mumbled and tried to roll over on his side.

Dream stopped him fast. "No! No! I'm sorry but you have to stay on your back. I don't want you to rip your stitches."

George looked up and smiled with obvious exhaustion on his face. "You care?"

"Yes, I care. You just split your head open." Dream left to get a glass of water. As well as a bottle of tylonal.

When he came back, George was out like a light. He just set the things down, and sighed in relief. Genuinely he was scared. Head injuries can easily be one of the worst things to happen. People die all the time from head trauma.

Dream laid next to George and stayed awake. He was told to monitor George, to make sure nothing happened to him. Laying awake gave him a lot of time to think about their life. He would of felt like shit if George died tonight. Knowing he would of died feeling unloved.

When his thoughts got too loud, he texted one of his good friends.

Sappy 😍

Dream: We went for that ride

Sapnap: Sweet, did y'all screw?

Dream: No that probably would of caused brain damage.

Sapnap: DAMN! How hard do you go?!

Dream: We took a ride to the hospital.

Sapnap: THAT HARD? IS HE OKAY?

Dream: Shut up, he fell in the shower and split his head open.

Sapnap: That's why you shouldn't do it in the shower. Unless you have one of those nonslip mats.

Dream: I'm serious you man hoe, he got stitches.

Sapnap: Wait actually?

Dream: Yes!

Sapnap: Fuck, is he okay?

Dream: He has a concussion, but I hope he'll be okay in a couple days.

Sapnap: I hope he's alright. Do you guys need anything?

Dream: No, we're good. I'll just need to get some icepacks tomorrow morning.

Sapnap: You don't have icepacks?

Dream: You took the ones I had here. Remember? Karl railed you and you made me bring icepacks.

Sapnap: That absolutely didn't happen!

Dream: Whatever you say.

Dream felt George stir next to him. He nearly rolled onto his side, but Dream stopped him. By cuddling into his chest. His head rested by George's heart. "Don't roll over baby." He whispered softly.

George let out a half sigh, half whimper. The pain in his head was starting to wake him up again.

Dream put his phone aside and rubbed George's chest. "You're okay, go to sleep."

George woke up briefly, looking at Dream. He thought he was having a fever dream. His husband didn't cuddle anymore, or speak so softly and lovingly.

The confusion and affection made tears stream down George's face. Dream didn't notice until he sniffled.

"Oh no-" Dream sat up and wiped his face. "Does it hurt? I can get a bag of frozen peas out of the freezer if it's that bad."

George looked at Dream while he was crying. He didn't know if he was happy, anxious, or in pain.

Dream leaned down and kissed his cheek, specifically the scratched one. "Want some tylonal?"

George yelped at the kiss. Not because it hurt, it was more of a sound of shock.

"Sorry..." Dream rubbed his shoulder. "Can you answer me?"

"Love me?" George said a questioning response.

"Love you?" Dream could see how confused his husband was. "Yes George, I love you. You need to get some rest."

George patted the bed, implying he wanted Dream to lay down again. Dream cooperated and laid down. Then George made sure to inch closer to him. "Am I okay?" He asked timidly while lightly putting his head against Dream.

"You're okay, don't worry. I'll make sure you don't roll on your stitches. Just go to sleep, I'll take care of you." Dream had went all soft and loving. Maybe from the fright he got earlier.

George melted into the passion and closed his eyes. He was able to fall back to sleep fairly fast. Knowing his husband was going to keep him safe. All he ever wanted was to be cared for again.

Hours went by and eventually Dream dozed off. Realistically he couldn't stay awake all night, but he only slept when he thought George would be okay.

-

The next morning Dream woke up to a hand jabbing into his side. He got up quick, knowing he had a injured man to watch over. "What?"

George was crying and trembling beside him.

Dream quickly picked up his head, making sure the stitches were in tact. They were. "what's wrong?"

George gripped the pillows underneath him. "It hurts, feels like my head...going to explode."

Dream fetched a pill and gave it to George. "Here, it night help a bit."

George gladly swallowed the pill without the need for water. "It's so...so bad."

Dream frowned and rubbed the side of his head that wasn't hurt. "I'll go out and get some icepacks and maybe something stronger for the pain."

George grabbed his arm. "No...you...don't leave me."

Dream melted at that, and pulled George into a deserved hug. "I'll call Sapnap to bring over some icepacks. Just lay back and let me take care of you."

George laid back in the bed, and let Dream pull the soft comforter over him. "Make it stop..."

"If I could, I would." Dream assured him while grabbing his phone. "You don't need to worry, I'll be here all day. I just have to call Technoblade again and Sapnap."

Dream phoned Sapnap, requesting his help. Of course Sapnap agreed to bring icepacks, and stronger pain medication.

Though when he called Technoblade, there was no response.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 294 47
When George starts doubting his life after a long while of being okay. When Dream doesn't know how to help him and remain mentally stable himself. W...
58.5K 2.2K 67
Dream, George, and Sapnap have been living together in Florida for years when a zombie apocalypse uproots their lives. Along with other survivors, th...
680 22 12
These are MCYT oneshots/ships Please be respectful to anyone that I have written about. To be clear, I am NOT trying to push these ships onto any o...
39.8K 666 102
Ships! So do not request ppl who are not comfortable with being shipped I will just ignore you!! These are short (very short) stories on ships from t...