Love, Hate & Mr.Player | ✔

By _shreyapandey_

"Listen to your heart, but don't forget your brain - 'cause a broken heart cannot function properly." Ever si... More

[1] Kissing Mr.Player(Edited)
[2] Irresistible Mr. Player(Edited)
[3] Mr.Player's Womanizing Ways(Edited)
[4] The Mistake With Mr. Player(Edited)
[5] Mr. Player Just Made It Worse(Edited)
[6] Mr. Player Meets My Mom(Edited)
[7] Drive With Mr. Player(Edited)
[8] Mr. Player's Latest Prey(Edited)
[9] Mr.Player As Assignment Partner(Edited)
[10]Study-Date With Mr. Player(Edited)
[11] Good-Bye Mr Player(Edited)
[12] Mr.Player's No-Touch Policy
[13] Mr Player's New Girl+Friend
[14] Mr.Player's Commitment Phobia
[15] Double Dating With Mr. Player
[16] Played By Mr. Player
[17] Walking Away From Mr.Player
[18] Liking Mr.Player
[19] Mr. Player Is A (The) Beast
[20] Resisting Mr. Player (And Failing)
[21] Mr. Player Comforts The Good Girl
[22] In Love With Mr. Player
[23] Need To Tell Mr. Player
[24] Confessing To Mr. PLayer
[25] Hating Mr.Player
[26] Mr. Player Likes The Good Girl
[27] Mr. Player Gets Jealous
[28] Mr. Player In Love
[29] Mr. Player-Date Crasher?
[30] With Mr. Player in the Rain
[31] Mr. Player's confession
[32] Mr. Player & Miss Stuck-up- 'It Couple'
[33] Mr. Player And The Drunken Girl
[34] Mr Player's Break-up Strategy
[35] Complicated Mr. Player
!!!!>>AUTHOR'S NOT<< *Read Plz* IMPORTANT!!!!
[36] Prove It Mr. Player
[37] Mr.Player Is Player No More
[38] Date With Mr.Player
[Epilogue] Finally With Mr. Player
Author's Note-->*PLEASE READ*
Author's Note-->Regarding Sequel

[Prologue] About to meet Mr. Player (Edited)

621K 4.5K 1K
By _shreyapandey_

This story is NOT EDITED. There might be grammatical errors and typos. I was just 14 when I wrote this and I've not edited it since. (It's been 

Thanks for reading. Vote and Comment please.

(Also, just so just so you guys know, earlier this story was known as 'Good Girl Gone Bad- Thanks To Mr. Player. But I recently changed the title. So don't get confused if I ever mention the previous title or the banners on the side do not match the title :) ]

Copyright

Love, Hate & Mr. Player.

© 2012, Shreya Pandey

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. All the characters mentioned and expressed in the book are purely the writer's property. Resemblance to any person is purely co-incidental and not intentional. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

Prologue

About To Meet Mr. Player

ALEX

'Love'

I think only stupid people fall in 'love', and thank God, I'm not one of them. Well, it's not like I can blame them anyway. It's not like they have a choice, you know?—to fall or not to fall in love. It just happens. We don't have a control over it. Sure, to some extent we can curb our feelings, but we can't contain it inside ourselves forever. It's not possible. But then, maybe it's not love at all. It's just a feeling we people mistake for love. At the end, it all comes down to beauty, money, lust or anything else. I don't think nowadays people actually love a person completely for who they are. There are other factors involved. I don't think the love where one can die for the other exists anymore—I just don't. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my opinion.

I, Alexandra Rogers do not, and absolutely not, believe in the concept of love. If this was a book or a movie, maybe I would have. Because right now, the true kind of love, and I mean the real kind of love doesn't exists on earth. It's only present in those romantic novels and movies, not in real life; at least not when it comes to teenagers, in fact most of the adults too. Once in a while I come across old couples and feel a small flicker of hope in my heart. You see, seeing them gives me hope. It gives me hope about the existence of love, the true kind of love.

Not that I want to fall in love. Sure I have one of those days where I see a couple and feel a strange longing inside my heart, and I want to experience, just for once what it really feels like--those feelings described in romantic books and movies. The people sound so happy. Is it really all rainbows and unicorns when it comes to love? Even the mirror has a dark, black side. Then why not love? My friends, love has a dark side too. Love hurts—a lot. There is no love without pain, and hurt. Love gives you tears, heart-breaks and everything in between. It twists your soul and crushes your heart until you're incapable of feeling anything for anyone. Love hurts. It breaks you. It kills you alive.

I wasn't always like this. There was a time when I really believed in this. Sure I was just a kid, but I believed in this with my whole heart. I used to look at mom and dad and wish with all my heart that I would be blessed with a love like theirs. I couldn't wait to grow up and fall in love. I can't believe I was that naive. But of course, I don't need to tell you guys about that. I mean you all know what it's like growing up.  The thought of growing up seemed so appealing, so amazing. But of course, now I know the reality—it sucks; growing up sucks. But that's not in our control now, is it? I guess I would've continued being that naive girl who believed in the concept of love with all her heart if it hadn't been for dad and mom. Their love, which I thought was so perfect, wasn't perfect at all. My dad had been cheating on my mom with his secretary, who might I mention was half his age. Sounds dramatic and movie-ish, doesn't it? Well, it's true.

I remember the day mom found out about dad's affair. No, she didn't catch him in the act or whatever, nothing dramatic like that. Dad himself came and told her the truth. At least he had the guts to do that. Dad had come home from office. Something seemed amiss. I don't really know what, but something was wrong. There had been something missing in the way dad smiled at mom and embraced her. Dad had hugged me after that. But then, he didn't drink his tea like usual. He told mom there was something he needed to talk to her about and both of them disappeared into their bedroom. I retired to my own room. I didn't think it would be anything serious. Parents talk all the time, right? Of course they do, but not always is the topic as serious as it was today.

A half and a quarter of an hour later, I could hear voices from their bedroom. I heard my mom crying. Oh it was so terrible, I will never forget it, and then a loud, ear deafening bang. I rushed downstairs and found mom crying, sitting on the living room sofa. Her hands wrapped around herself in comfort. The front door was ajar—dad had gone—left us, forever. He didn't even care to see me one last time and say goodbye. Because, honestly I don't think he cared. And neither do I, At least now I don't. I stopped caring a long time ago. That day, when I saw my mom's tear-stained face, I realized one thing. Love makes you vulnerable. It weakens you, softens you and ultimately crushes you.

Soon after, they decided to get divorced. Dad had told mom how he was in "love" with Ashlyn, his secretary, and that he wanted to get married to her. A couple of months later, they succeeded in getting their divorce. Till the time they were still together, and appealing at the court for divorce, dad didn't live with us. He was staying with Ashlyn. Those few months had been really hard for me. At first, I had no clue what was going on. Mom just wouldn't tell me. I was a confused nine year old child. I would wait up late everyday for dad, in hopes he would come back, he never did. He never even called—never. Sure he had his problems with mom, but he gave up on me too. He'd promised to always be there for me, but he failed to do that. Not failed really, he didn't even try. He could have, but he didn't.

Of course I wished to have a normal family. But is wishing enough?—No, of course not. So I stopped wising too and told mom that we didn't need him, that we both together for each other were all we needed. But still, after a couple of years or so, she started seeing other men. I found this completely atrocious! Didn't she remember what all she had to go through because of dad?—All because she was in love. If she hadn't been in love with him, it wouldn't have hurt like it did. Their bad relationship is the main reason why I stopped believing in love. Seeing dad with a new wife, and mom with other men, I realized they never really loved each other, it all was a lie. And then the doubts began. Does love even exists? Maybe it's just an abstract idea, and not a reality. Since then, I was never able to believe in love, never. What we see, what people define 'love' isn't love, it's just not.

Ever since dad left mom when I was just nine, I completely lost my trust over this. Like every young girl I had dreams about finding my one true love, my knight in shining armor. But all of it was shattered when reality popped in, when I realized it's not how it seems to be. It's all very different from how the books and movies show it. I decided I won't ever risk falling in 'love' or whatever it is if I can. And that I'll never trust men. All of them are the same. Maybe that's the reason I've never been interested in anyone.

But then there's my best friend Tia Stewarts. If I hate boys, she is boy-crazy. The slightest thing about them turns her on, and I don't even understand why. Too bad Tia isn't the most sought after girl in our school. Honestly, I have never had a crush on any guy, while Tia has an ever changing list. But to be honest, only once, just once, there was this guy who actually made my heart skip a beat. He's one of those guys with those amazing brown-blonde hair and beautiful greenish-blue eyes and a sparkling smile which make his eyes sparkle too, and it gets the girls crazy—a lot.

It got me crazy too; only once though. But I changed my mind when I found out about him. He is the second reason except my dad due to which I don't trust guys. He is a player and girls for him are only use and throw material. He uses them like tissue papers and throws them away without a second look. And it annoys me to see all these girls still drooling for him even if they know what the end will be like. He would use them and then throw them away, without even a goodbye; and still they get themselves into that. Thank god, I'm not like them and that I have the common sense to decide what is right and what's wrong. And the right thing to do is to kick such a guy's ass instead of kissing him.

But we did talk.

Once

Okay, who am I kidding! Talk? It was more than that, much more than that. I'll never forget that day, as if it was just yesterday.

It was a normal day. Stacey, the school queen bee had arranged a party at her house and she was inviting everyone around saying "coolest party of the year at my house! Be present you're invited." Well, if she said it was going to be a cool party, it would be. Stacey's awesome at throwing parties, I'll give her that much. And so, Tia got really excited. I mean REALLY.

"Oh god Alex, we have to go to this party! What's better than beer and boys?" (Let me guess, nothing, as per Tia's point of view)

"But Tia...we haven't even been invited. And honestly, I don't think we will. You know how it's like between us and Stacey, right?" I argue with her. It's not that I don't like parties, I love them. Well everything about them except people and their disgusting PDA and alcohol. I absolutely love dancing, what better place than a party?

"But we can be invited, right? Maybe Stacey will invite us? I mean it'll be so awesome!" she starts giggling excitedly. "I think I'm gonna wear that top, I brought last week. You know the one which was all sparkly? It'll finally come to some good use!" she says with a smile plastered on her face.

"U,m...Tia? I can't really come, you know?" I say, interrupting her blabber.

"But why?" she says, her excitement vanishing.

"I can't come, I have some work to do" (work was only an excuse. I didn't feel like partying this week)

"But you can't miss it! Besides I'll totally get bored without you!" she starts making this puppy-dog face with her continuous jabber of "Please...pretty please with a cherry on the top! Please!"

"No...No...No..." I argue back, shoving my fingers in my ear and acting like I can't hear anything as I start walking off. We continue our argument. Unfortunately though, Stacey hears Tia and my conversation and walks straight to us in her six inch killer heels. (Seriously, who wears six inch heels to school?) She tosses her lustrous blond hair behind her back and says— "Tia darling, what will you do at the party? Because, people won't be interested in you anyway, especially the guys; they will have eyes on hot girls, like me; unless of course, they discover a new interest in jokers." She says mockingly and then starts laughing (more like cackling!)

"That's you" she adds.

My mouth drops open. How dare Stacey insult my friend? My fists clench tightly. I so want to smack her with a shovel right on the face, then she'll know who's the joker here with that stuck up nose of hers flat on her face.

"Anyway, you take the invitations and see for yourself—If guys look at you or me." she challenges. She laughs again (Bitch!) and glares at us one last time before walking off, swaying her hips. Stacey is one of those people who are alive on this earth only because it's illegal to shoot them. Imagine a cliché high-school movie. Then imagine the head-cheerleader with her gorgeous blond mane and beautiful blue eyes. Add the perfect size-zero figure and a model-like statuesque and you have Stacey Stewart. I'm not even kidding; one look at her and you can't help feeling jealous if you're a girl, or probably fall head over heels if you're a boy. Well, that would be your first impression of her. Later on you would realize what a complete bitch she can be. I wonder how her friends are able to bear with her. She's that annoying. Now I know that is completely mean of me to say, but I'm being honest here.

As I see Stacey walking away, I get ready to pounce on her. But Tia  unfortunately stops me in time. "Hey, let it be, okay? You don't need to stoop to her level. She doesn't deserve your time and attention. Sorry, I was acting like a complete idiot a few minutes back. Besides, who cares? It's just a stupid party. We won't be going anyway" Tia mumbles the last part. She is trying to act all tough, but who is she kidding?

"Who said we aren't going?" I say after a slight pause.

"So we are..?" she says skeptically.

"Of course!" I smile knowingly and wink at her.

"Oh my gosh! Yay! But...you're up to something, aren't you?"

"You've got to wait and watch. We're going to her party tonight and she's gonna wish she never invited us in the first place."

And from this instant, my life changes. I mean it isn't a huge change. But a change alright. I decide to attend this party. The coolest party of the year. The party where I'll end up meeting Mr. Player.

And I wish I had never attended this party.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 214 43
Stephanie Coleman's life is perfect, she's in the honor roll, has caring parents, and the two best friends she could ever ask for. She's cheerful and...
4.9M 129K 26
An arm snaked around my waist and he forced me to face him. "That kiss on Wednesday was hot, wanna continue from where we left off?" He whispered h...
89.7K 697 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...