The Hockey Players Sister

By flyergirl0519

"So why did you quit gymnastics?" "None of your business." Leah said, her voice dark. "If you won't tell me... More

Welcome all! A/N
Prologe
New Home, New School, New Team
New Kid on the Block
Hell of a Defensive Player
Red Flags
Can We Be Friends Pretty Girl?
Why So Defensive?
How You Doing Bud?
Can I Get Away From You!?
Past Comes To Haunt Us All
Don't Mess With My Sister
Grab Your Skates
Welcome to my Humble Abode
The Sweet Sound of Skates
Don't Stand Outside in the Cold
What is he Going Through?
Someone Have a Crush?
I Will Lose This
Oh It's Game Day Baby pt. 1
Oh Its Game Day Baby pt. 2
I Know What He's Thinking
Enough
Apologize and Act Like Nothing Happened
More Than Just Friends
McDonald's
What I'm Not Judging, I Approve
Now I'm Pushing!
It's the Return of the State Champ
Its The Goodbye Of The State Champ
How Would You Know!?
I'll Be there Bud, don't you worry
No Stress
After a Year
A is for Asshole
24 Hours and all Hell Breaks Loose
Finals, Period 1
Finals, Period 2
Finals, Time Out
Finals, Period 3
O.T.

Even the Memories Still Hurt

14.2K 201 67
By flyergirl0519

*Leah's P.O.V*

"What did I say about head placement!!? God you're damned, some days I wonder if you still come with the same state champion attitude!"

His hand gripped onto my chin tightly, forcing me to look upwards. My glossy eyes meeting his sharp dark ones. Tears falling down from my eyes onto his hand that was tightly grabbing my chin. It would sure make a mark.

"Stop crying. Or do I need to put you back in the class with the 3 year olds? You're pathetic." Brad said harshly.

I squeezed my eyes shut, a hard force landed on the side of my face making me gasp out in pain. If his harsh grip on my chin didn't leave a mark, that surely would.

"Why do I even bother with you? Drop down and hold a plank, don't come down till you've stop crying."

I finally opened my eyes and shook my head going into plank position, I tried hard to stop crying but it only made it worse. Sucking in hard breaths I sobbed

"God you're a pathetic excuse for an athlete," a heavy foot pressed on my butt causing me to struggle to stay in plank position,"and keep your butt down Leah."

Tears streamed down my face. I told myself I wouldn't do this again. Cry, I always cried at the gym. It just happened, I would do some sort of exercise that would bring back old gymnastics memories. Memories i tried desperately to forget. Luckily the weight room was always empty. Well almost empty.

I dropped out of the plank I was holding and looked at the receptionist. She looked at me in pity, she knew to never ask questions but always felt bad for me as if she knew it was a battle for me to even come here.

Truth was it was a battle everyday. I hated conditioning but I knew I needed it, my body had already gotten so much weaker sense I quit gymnastics and it was showing. So I suffered the same mental battle in the gym everyday and cried, sometimes had a panic attack. But the gym was always empty in this part of town and it gave me some reassurance to know no one would ask questions. I had to stay in shape even if it meant having tears and panic attacks.

"Are you following the diet?" He asked looking me up and down.

"Yes." I replied quietly feeling called out

"Shorted your meals Leah you're getting fat." He said with no remorse in his voice

"But im-"

"No arguing, I know whats best for MY athletes. I can not only see your lunch but your breakfast too."

"But I didn't eat lunch." I said softly hugging my stomach.

"Then maybe you should have skipped breakfast too." Coach Brad said heartlessly.

I scuffed to myself before placing a weight on the bar getting ready to do squats. I wiped a quick tear from my face and looked in the mirror. God I was a mess. My eyes were red and puffy, my hair was in all directions from working out. Behind me in the mirror I watched the door to the gym open. Who the hell was here? No one ever came to this gym when I was here.

I turned away from the mirror refusing to look at who was here till I somewhat fixed my hair... I was a mess and didn't need anyone to see me like this.

"Hi welcome to Rogersville private weight room. Unfortunately you do need a membership to lift and workout here." I heard the sweet receptionist say.

Something in her voice told me she was trying to steer the person away for me so I could keep weightlifting alone.

"That's fine I planned on buying one anyways, sounds like I'll be here for a long time."

Oh. My. God. Shoot me in the fucking head, you have to be kidding me. That voice. It hadn't even been that long and I already knew that voice.

Wes.

I took a drink from my water bottle and finally turned around to look at him.

Sure enough, there he was. Leaning against the receptionist desk. Gym bag at his feet. His leg muscles clearly showing in his shorts, and his define abs and arm muscles more than showed threw his cut off t.

I debated leaving the gym, but all I had was legs left. God, no I couldn't leave now. Plus him buying a membership means he would be here more often, I had to get used to it now.

I got under the bar and was about to start squatting. Trying to ignore him I prayed he wouldn't come over here. But before I could even do one squat I heard foot steps behind me.

"Leah?" Wes questioned

I rolled my eyes and turned towards him. He didn't need to sound so surprised to see me at the gym.

"First my neighborhood, then the hockey team, and now my gym. Whats next you gonna take over my room to?" I asked, trying to sound harsh but instead it came out in a joking tone.

At first Wes laughed his brown eyes lighting up taking my comment as a joke, but then he looked at me seriously his posture changed and he looked concerned.

"Have you been crying?"

Shit.
Shit. Shit. Shit.

"I wasn't crying." I stated,defending myself quickly.

Any harsh exterior facade I had disappeared. Any confidence I had, had disappeared. I felt alone and defenseless.

"Yes you were, your eyes are all red. I don't know you that well Leah, but you don't look too good."

"You've known me for maybe like a week and you're telling ME I'm not ok?" I asked defending trying to find my confidence and bitch facade again.

Wes looked at me concerned and went to touch my face. Something in me reacted, maybe it was from the memory I had not to long ago, but I reacted. Slapping his hand away quickly.

"Don't touch me jack-ass." I stated through gritted teeth.

"Are you over working yourself?" Wes asked completely ignoring the shots I was throwing at him.

Its like every curse word I shot at him bounced off. It seemed like nothing matter to him but hearing me say ok. It was kind of hot.

Jesus Leah stop.

"I'm not, I'm fine. I was just leaving anyways." I stated.

"No you weren't." He stated.

God he was right, I wasn't about to leave. Why couldn't he just leave me alone. God something save me. Anything. My goal was to stay away from this boy and here he was asking me if I was ok.

My phone started ringing. Shit why was everything happening at the wrong time. I quickly pulled my phone out of my legging pocket. Not bothering to read the caller ID I declined it.

"This is what Leo was stressed about at practice wasn't it?" Wes asked

My head shot up. No, Leo wouldn't have told Wes.. would he?

"Leo's and me are fine" I said my voice more paniced than I wanted it to be.

"I can read people easily Leah. You got a phone call at hockey practice the other day. Leo reacted the same way. Jack told me your a former gymnast, I'm connecting some dots mystery girl."

I looked at him harshly.

"Stay out of my life Wes." I said harshly.

Not even Jack knew what happened to me, and this kid was figuring out my situation way to quickly.

"We are still project partners."  replied looking at me in my eyes placing a hand on the bar he leaned over me, almost intimation me.

"I don't trust you." I stated feeling flustered. Despite class this was the most me and Wes had talked in his entire span of being here and it felt like he was degrading, no, intimateding me.

"Ive asked it a million times but, what did I do for you not to trust me?" He asked looking around the room for a moment almost looking for awnsers before his eyes landed back on me.

"You keep secrets." Was all I could muster out in a cold whisper.

"If that's your reason, then you're a fucking hypocrite babe." He said.

I looked at him in shock. How dare he! The words had come out of his mouth so smooth I couldn't comprehend it at first. He was God damn right and it scarred me.

I pushed his arm off of the bar and grabbed my gym bag.

"I'll see you Saturday. Otherwise, don't fucking talk to me bitch." I stated before storming towards the door.

I waved goodbye to the receptionist and she gave me a sorry look, just before I opened the door and stormed out to my car.

What he said didn't change anything. In fact it made the red flags worse, it made me terrified he would find out the truth and get to close. Ignore the flags and get to close, thats when I get stuck. Suck in a situation I can't get out of.

Words: 1529

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

934K 21.3K 35
I had to flee. To escape. I couldn't take the pain of people telling me to be okay. That I was a survivor. But what about me being a victim? All bec...
2.4M 72K 42
Never in a million years did I think I would cross paths with him again. Michael Woods. The boy who broke my heart. The boy who picked hockey over me...
1.5M 37.5K 41
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝What started with a revenge sex, becomes something even more addictive than meth.❞ One buried childhood memory, One...
862K 23.4K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...