History

By jjwho_notme

(On hold) Book 2 of 3: History (Miss Lois POV) 'She spun my chair round to face her, "That was cruel." She gr... More

1. She Doesn't Even Know Me
2. Thursday
3. A Few Days
4. Her
6. I'll see you
7. Get Out
8. Making It Obvious
9. Art Club
10. I Want You
11. New Rules
12. A Bit Protective
13. Drive You Home
14. Flirting
15. Glue
16. Territory
17. Threatened
18. I Have To
19. Please
20. Goodbye

5. My Office

325 20 71
By jjwho_notme

So, two months since Logan finally started listening to me. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not because I can't seem to get rid of her. Not that I want to...

She's almost always in my office, either hiding or just simply 'hanging out' as she calls it. 

Just because she's started listening doesn't mean she's been behaving though. The amount of detentions I've had to give her is getting ridiculous. It's like she likes them or something. 

Still, I'm not complaining, I enjoy her company.

I was making my way over to the coffee machine in the staffroom when I heard Logan's name.

"Yeah, we've been thinking about it for a while but we made the final decision yesterday." Logan's It teacher, Kylie, was talking.

"Really? Is she that far behind?"

"That paired with the fact that she's always trying to be the class clown, distracting everyone around her. It's better for everyone if we just removed her." Kylie said.

"She can't be that bad." Another co-worker said.

"Not that bad? She's a bloody nightmare. I'll be surprised if she even gets one GCSE." Kylie laughed.

I felt a fire inside me, the urge to defend her nearly overtook me but I had to bite my tongue or they might think I'm a bit too involved.

I casually walked over to them, "If I were you, I wouldn't put it all on the student, I'd blame the lack of competence from the teacher." I said snidely, pushing through them.

"Whatever jobsworth." Kylie scoffed.

 I cannot be in this room right now, these idiots clearly share one brain cell between them.

Thank god break is nearly over, I'm losing faith in the education system as the minute's tick by.

I almost sprinted to my office, trying to avoid speaking to anyone on the way. More importantly, avoiding Logan, I would never be able to keep my mouth shut if I saw her.

Time to calm down in my office until my next lesson.

I eventually got to a state where I could do my job efficiently without snapping at any of my students. 

Although the more time passed, the more worried I was about Logan. Is she going to be okay about all this? What if she just gives up and screws herself over?

I sighed, I can't worry about this now, I still have to get through my last lesson.

Lunch came and went almost as quick as Henry beheaded his wives... To much?

I was standing outside my classroom, waiting for my class to arrive.

As soon as everyone was lined up I walked inside, sitting at my desk. At least today's lesson will be interesting, it's all about Ignaz Semmelweis and his groundbreaking idea of washing hands before surgery.

 I had only gotten about 10 minutes into the lesson when there was a knock at the door.

"Gray?" Kylie huffed.

I looked over at Logan, smiling apologetically. If only she knew the amount of rage I felt right now.

I set some work for the class and pretended to get on with my own until Logan got back.

She entered the room with a smug grin plastered on her face.

What has she done now...

Luckily for me, she had detention today so I get to quiz her on it later.

After what felt like hours, the final bell rang, signalling everyone could go home.

Once the class had cleared out the room it was just Logan, me and my work. I gathered up the papers on my desk and stood up.

"Come on then we'll do it in my office today," I said.

"Oh damn, I'm down," Logan smirked.

 On a normal day, this would probably send me into a complete daze but today I'm just really not in the mood.

"Come on." 

"Alright lead the way dear." She smiled, still attempting to lift the mood.

As soon as we reached my office I told Logan to sit on the couch. I made sure to sit far away to make sure I didn't get distracted.

"What's up with you?" She asked.

"What was your IT teacher talking about?" I said, sounding more hostile than I intended.

"Uhh, she said I have a meeting tomorrow at 10." She shrugged.

I rubbed my face with my hand, realising the reason for her surprise meeting.

"What?" Logan said confused.

"I really shouldn't be telling you this but I honestly can't keep things from you." I sighed.

Logan hesitated, "Right?"

"They're kicking you off the course."

"What for?" She asked.

What does she mean what for? Is she really that clueless?

 "Not showing up."

"Okay... So what's that got to do with you?" She said, probably not meaning to sound so defensive.

I looked down to avoid seeing Logan's face. "You can't be throwing your life away like this. You still have so much to experience and you're not going to be able to do it unless you learn to show up." 

"I was planning on dropping the subject anyway. How is coding useful to me I can't stand it."

I sighed in disappointment, does she really not care about her future?

"Hold on, how do you know about this?" 

"Your IT teacher was talking about you in the staff room," I replied bitterly, remembering what they were saying.

"What why?" She asked. 

"I don't know Logan, I wasn't talking to them. I just heard your name and small parts of the conversation." I retorted.

"Right, so why are you so mad?"

She's right in being confused at my reaction, it is a little overkill for my role as her teacher. I hate to think the real reason I care so much.

I finally looked at her, sighing once more, "It just annoyed me."

"Why?"

"They shouldn't be talking about their students like that. It's unprofessional and frankly, quite rude. Now stop asking me questions and do some actual work." I snapped.

"Alright." She said bluntly.

That might have been a bit harsh...

I turned around to face the computer, guilt filling my body. I have no right to speak to her that way, she didn't deserve that...

I should apologise...

I glanced over at her as she took out her book and started drawing on it.

God, I hate it when she does that. She could do it on any book but no, she chooses mine.

It had been about 30 minutes, neither one of us had made a sound.

I'm not going to lie, a part of me wanted to just chat, hear her voice, make sure she's okay. Even though I caused this.

I finally gave in, "I wish you wouldn't do that on your book." I said, glaring at her.

"I wish you wouldn't snap at me for no reason." She retorted.

I sighed, "I had a reason."

She didn't bother replying so I stood up and made my way over to the couch, taking a seat next to her.

"Hey," I said softly. 

She just ignored me again, continuing to draw on her book.

Without thinking, I placed my hand on hers, causing her to immediately stop drawing.

Is this too far? Did I cross a line?

As much as I hated what I was doing, I knew I couldn't move away.

I didn't want to move away.

"What." She said bluntly, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Logan."

"Yes, Miss."

I'm not going to tell you that didn't hurt a little, because it did.

"Can you look at me please?" I said, trying my best not to sound desperate.

She turned to look at me, startling me for a second.

"I'm just worried. You have to start thinking about your future what if the school decide you've been late too much and suspend you? Then what are you going to do?"

"Okay," She replied, clearly not taking in anything I just said.

"Look, I know I'm nagging you but I'm only doing it because I care."

Logan sighed.

"Plus who's gonna chat to me during lunch? I might just have to be buddies with Maria." I shrugged, knowing how she felt about that.

She may not realise it, but I can tell when she's jealous.

"Over my dead body." She scoffed.

I told you.

"What are we gonna do about you hm?" I said, unintentionally leaning back and resting my head on her shoulder.

What the hell am I doing? I could get sacked for just sitting this close to a student out of school hours.

"I'll be fine. I'm smarter than you think." She smiled, removing her hand from mine and draping her arm around my shoulders.

Did... Did she actually just?

You know what? Fuck it, I'm just going to enjoy the moment while it lasts and feel guilty about it later.

"Come on let's do something fun."

Well, that didn't last very long.

"What do you suggest?" I said, lifting my head to look at her, raising my eyebrow.

Her face is so close to mine right now... I'd only have to move about an inch to...

No, I can't be thinking like this. It's wrong.

"Movie?" She suggested, thankfully distracting me from my thoughts.

I smiled, "Sounds good."

We sat and watched one of my favourite movies, The Magnificent Seven. Although, I don't think either of us was paying much attention to it...

"Hey, you should change the sign on your door." She smirked.

"To what?" I questioned.

"Miss Lois and Logan Gray." She chuckled.

I smiled. "Yeah, that would be fitting wouldn't it." 

"You're great you know," Logan said, completely out of the blue.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do. I think you're amazing Pelessaria."

It shouldn't kill me as much as it does, but something about the way she says my name just sends me over the edge. 

"Thank you, Logi."

Oh god, I've said her nickname again...

I could sense Logan was falling asleep, she had been here for about 2 hours now. Not that I'm complaining.

She yawned, stretching her arms out simultaneously.

"I'll come and see you tomorrow." 

"I'll look forward to it." I smiled. 

"Hey, you're great at punishing me." She winked. 

That wink... goddamn... 

No, stop it.

Hold on...

"Oh shit, I forgot this was supposed to be a detention." I laughed.

"Hey watch it Miss, can't be setting a bad example now can we?" She smirked.

I threw my hands over my mouth as if I could stop the words that had already escaped.

"You're cute." Logan giggled.

Come again?

"You think I'm cute?"

"Uh yeah, I do," She said sheepishly, scratching the back of her head.

I smiled "I don't quite know how to respond."

"You don't need to," She said awkwardly. 

"No, I just can't really say what I want to say." 

Logan furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Fuck it I'm already this far in," I muttered. "You might just be the sweetest, kindest, funniest person I have ever met," I said shyly, looking up at her.

She just raised her eyebrow at me.

"You think I'm kind? Did you hit your head?." She questioned.

"Can you not just take a compliment." I laughed.

"For you? I'll do anything you want."

Oh, will she now? 

Again, no. I really can't be doing this.

I looked away, trying to hide my face.

She opened the door to leave, "Right then, I'd better go. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I smirked, "Oh you'll see me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.6K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
70.7K 1.9K 69
This is the NEW version of Owning Her, the old one is still up on my page!! "So Professor Jones, does this mean that we are an actual thing now?" "Pr...
53.5K 1.8K 90
She gazed into her dark brown eyes with lust and pain. A rose as red as her tainted lips she'd put behind her ear, still holding it there, never want...
527K 18.8K 41
"What do you say," his voice begins in my ear. I feel his breath tickle my skin. I shiver. "That you and I slip out of here, hmm? We can go to the su...