Overcoming

By Spicychoco

Ethan Knight is living his life just as he imagined it. Being the captain of the basketball team, he has to m... More

Overcoming
Author's note
Aesthetics
Chapter-1|New beginning
Chapter-2|New Faces
Chapter-3| In Red
Chapter-4|The Shot
Chapter-5|The Afterparty
Chapter-6|Blueberry Muffins
Chapter-7|Cheer
Chapter-8|Almost
Chapter-9|In your dreams
Chapter-10|The Lunch
Chapter-11|The Library
Chapter-12|The Beginning of a Mishap
Chapter-13|The Mishap and Beyond
Chapter-14|Afterglow
Chapter-15|Vulnerability
Chapter-16|Teasing
Chapter-17|The Game
Chapter-18|Let's Celebrate
Chapter-19|Allure
Chapter-20|Family Friend
Chapter-21|The Invitation
Chapter-22|Galleria Of Gems
Chapter-23|Arrivals and Departures
Chapter-24|Late Night Conversations
Chapter-25|Beach Bae
Chapter-26|Butterfly
Chapter-27|Numbed
Chapter-28|Interventions
Chapter-29|Lost
Chapter-30|The End?
Chapter-31|Seven Shots Later
Chapter-32|Closure
Chapter-33|Calls
Chapter-34|Euphoria
Chapter-35|Support
Chapter-36|You>Distance
Chapter-37|Baby's Breath
Chapter-38|Never Apologize
Chapter-39|Teddy Bear
Chapter-40|Mommy Dearest
Chapter-42|Birthday special
Chapter-43|Pre-Wedding Shenanigans(1)
Chapter-44|Pre-Wedding Shenanigans(2)
Chapter-45|Vows at Sunset
Chapter-46|Fucking Lily
Chapter-47|Rain on Parade
Chapter-48|Welcome To New York
Chapter-49|Parent Problems (1)
Chapter-50|Parent Problems (2)
Chapter-51|The Gala
Chapter-52|Hypocrisy
Chapter-53|All Of Me
Epilogue
Parting Note

Chapter-41|Strongest Sperm

25.3K 491 113
By Spicychoco

It's been a week. A week of not telling anyone about my upcoming visit to New York. I don't know if it's even a secret if no one suspects I'm hiding something or if I'm not lying. It probably is.

But none of that matters right now.

With a huge grin on my face and excitement seeping out of my pores, I slip back inside my bed with my boyfriend, already asleep on the other side.

I scoot closer to him as slowly as I can before I slip my arm around his torso and place feather-light kisses along his jaw.

"Ethan..." I whisper, softly causing Ethan to stir in his sleep but doesn't wake up. Chuckling under my breath, I lightly kiss the skin underneath his ear before sucking on his earlobe.

"I like waking up this way." I hear Ethan groan with a sleepy undertone as his hand wraps around my waist.

"Happy Birthday, baby." I whisper in his ear, and I'm sure he can feel the huge grin on my face.

I feel his cheeks tighten against mine as he wraps his arm around me more firmly before pulling me on top of him. "Thank you." As predicted, I catch the huge smile on his face before he leans up and connects our lips.

We hardly kiss for thirty seconds before the door of my room is pushed open and then all I see is confetti.

"Happy Birthday, motherfucker." All our friends pile up in my room with shit-eating grins on their faces.

Mason and Gray have confetti cannons in their hands while the other three have those whistleblowers things in their mouth that produce the most obnoxious sound ever known to mankind.

As if reading my thoughts, Riley, Noah, and Dani blow air into that thing and it creates the exact sounds I was thinking of, making me cringe and hide my face in Ethan's neck, who also looks confused whether he wants to laugh or rip those things out of their mouths.

"It took us so much effort to stop Noah from barging the moment we heard you wake up." Riley says, rolling her eyes, making me chuckle and roll away from Ethan. He looks over at me like he hoped we could continue what we were doing. I winked at him and slipped out of the bed as he got up.

We planned this last night, so I already knew that they were waiting outside the door of my room. Hence, I am dressed in more than Ethan's t-shirt and panties.

"Thank you, guys." Ethan says with a grateful smile as his brown eyes shined with happiness.

"Aw, come on, Knight." Noah walks over to him with a huge grin on his face and wraps an arm around his shoulder. "This is just the beginning."

The grateful smile slips from Ethan's face as a scared expression takes over. "Nothing extravagant please."

"Poor Ethan." Mason wraps his arm around Ethan from the other side, with a cheeky smile on his face before he sobers up a little. "It's nothing too huge."

"Yeah, it's nothing too big. Just don't come to the house until we tell you to." Gray says, from where he's standing with a comforting smile on his face.

"But right now, you gotta come out with us." Riley says, smiling excitedly. "We'll give you a minute to dress up." She coughs pointedly at Ethan's naked chest as he stands dressed only in his boxers.

"Hey, I didn't ask you to barge in here." He muses with a shrug. Riley simply rolls her eyes before walking out of the room with her middle finger in the air.

Everyone else follows her out of the room, chuckling. With only Ethan and I left in the room, he doesn't take long to walk towards me and wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against his body. My hands, instinctively, hold on to his bare shoulders as I look up at him.

"It's my birthday..." he starts off suggestively, making me smirk.

"I know." I say nonchalantly as he sways us from side to side. My hands move from his shoulders and wrap around his neck.

"You're supposed to give the birthday boy a gift." He tells me, matter-of-factly as I raise my eyebrows.

"I know, Knight." I chuckle as he leans forward and connects our foreheads. I close my eyes as his breath fans my face, trying to savor our closeness.

"So, where's my gift?" He asks cheekily, making me laugh and pull back a little to look at his face.

"Asking for gifts?" I muse with a teasing smile on my face. "It doesn't get any more desperate than that, baby."

He laughs at my words and begins to say something, but a knock on my door interrupts him.

"Not the most appropriate time for the birthday sex, guys." Noah says from the other side of the door, making me roll my eyes. "Hurry the fuck up."

Shaking his head at his best friend's antics, Ethan kisses my forehead before pulling back. He walks over to my cupboard and pulls out one of his hoodies that now; I own.

He pulls on his clothes while I glare at the confetti littering my room. I try to rid my bed of all the stupid colored tiny pieces while Ethan finishes dressing up.

We both walk out of the room, now more appropriately dressed than earlier. They decorated the living room with many balloons and inflatable alphabet balloons are hanging on the wall behind the couch, reading 'Happy Birthday'.

On the center table, there's a blue-colored cake sitting with something written on it, but unfortunately, I couldn't read what was written. While I helped with the decorations before Ethan woke up, the cake was Noah's responsibility so, I can't even guess.

I look up to see the smile on Ethan's face as his eyes shine with happiness, jumping from one corner to another, trying to take in everything.

I tug on his hand and urge him to move forward towards the table.

"Wow... this is amazing, guys." He breathes out when we're a lot closer to our friends. "Thank you so much for this."

"You're welcome." Dani smiles. "Let's cut the cake now."

Ethan walks forwards towards the table and looks down at the cake. Instantly, the grateful smile is off of his face, and instead, an unimpressed expression forms.

I look at the cake and a surprised laugh bubble out of me.

It reads, 'I'm grateful you were the strongest sperm'.

Typical Noah.

Everyone laughs when Ethan shoots Noah a deadly glare, but I could see the slight amusement he's trying to hide.

⤎❁⤏

When Ethan and I pull up in front of the basketball house, I could see that the party was already in full swing.

"Looks like they started without the birthday boy." I tease, looking at Ethan from the corner of my eyes, who simply chuckles. His hand that rests on my thigh squeezes it before his lips quirk up in a smirk.

"Well, the birthday boy had his fun while they were drowning in booze." His eyes darken and I'm sure he's thinking about the kiss we had when I came out of the bathroom wearing the black dress that I chose for tonight.

It was really hard to pull back from him and convince him to come here, especially when he was kissing me like I'm the best present he has ever gotten in his life. But it had to be done, especially if I want my plan for tonight to work out as I intend it to.

Smiling coyly at him, I grab his hands when they inch closer to my inner thigh and lean over to whisper in his ear, "You can have a lot more fun." I place my hand on his thigh, very near to the area that's springing back to life as my hot breath fans over his cheek.

As soon as he starts leaning into me, I pull back completely with a cheeky smile on my face. "But first, let's go inside. After all, this party is for you."

With a groan and glare my way, Ethan opens his door, murmuring something about how he doesn't like me, making me roll my eyes, and walks over to my side. By now, I have learned to sit patiently while he opens my door because no matter how fast I am, he's faster.

"Thank you." Placing a small kiss on his cheek as I step out, I intertwine my fingers with his as we walk towards the house. It's overflowing with people, the music thumping beneath my heels as we make a few quick stops when people start wishing him a 'happy birthday' and clapping him on the back. And all of this happens, even before we've crossed the threshold of the house.

When we step inside the house, I'm proven correct. The party is already in full swing.

"Finally!" I hear someone yell as the volume of the music is turned down a few notches. The crowd hoots as Noah and Mason come over to wrap Ethan in a hug. I sidestep with a smile on my face as other guys from the team start dragging him towards the kitchen.

As I look at his friends dragging him away, my smile widens when my friends come hopping over to me.

"You look hot. Like H-A-W-T hot." Riley whistles lowly, raking her eyes over me, making me laugh.

"This is nothing. It's what's underneath, that's hot." Dani smirks, bumping her shoulder with mine, making me blush profusely.

"Ew. Ew." Riley groans, placing her hands on her ears. "Brother. He's my brother."

Dani rolls her eyes, "That's why she didn't take you with her to shop."

"And for that, I'm forever grateful." Riley does a bow, making me laugh.

"You're welcome." I start, but my head whips towards the kitchen when I start hearing chants of 'chug, chug, chug'.

Rolling my eyes, I look at Dani, who is laughing. "Looks like your boyfriend won't be sober enough to appreciate what's underneath."

"Don't worry. The night's still young. You can always sober him up later." Riley says, clasping my hand in hers and starts dragging me towards the kitchen.

When we reach the kitchen, we stop at the back instead of pushing our ways towards the front. Everyone hoots when Gray brings out a three-tier cake, making me roll my eyes at their extravagance.

"I really hope Noah wasn't responsible for this one." Dani whispers in my ears, making me nod and chuckle.

"It was funny, you can't deny that." Riley says in response, laughing and making me nod once again, though my eyes are focused on the back of the head of my boyfriend, who is standing so close to the counter that if one more person enters the kitchen, he might have to jump on it.

Mason hands Ethan a knife as Valentino slaps Ethan on his back. "Cut the cake, Captain."

As soon as Valentino says it, Ethan starts looking around the room with searching eyes. "Where's Reed?" His words make my heart happy as I smile stupidly. Even surrounded by almost all his close friends, he's looking for me.

"There she is." While I was lost in my happy trance, Gray managed to spot me. Ethan turned around and as soon as he spot me, a huge smile formed on his face, making me feel a whirl of emotions.

Without saying a word, he nodded at me, urging me to come forward to him. I walk towards him with a smile mirroring his and as soon as I reach him; he grabs my hand, pulling me as close to himself as he could.

I look up at him just as he glances down at me. My heart leaps when I see the brightness in his eyes, making me sure that he can see the same in mine.

I look around to find Dani in Mason's arms, leaning against his chest, Noah and Riley fighting about the flavor of the cake, and Gray flirting with a blonde standing beside him.

"Are you gonna cut the cake now?" Valentino asks Ethan with a smirk. He rolls his eyes at his friend's eagerness before leaning forward and blowing the candles.

Everyone around us hoots and cheers as Ethan cuts the cake. In the background, Noah and Gray start singing "Happy Birthday" in an obnoxiously loud voice, making me cringe and laugh all at once.

⤎❁⤏

It's well beyond midnight when Ethan finds me again, dancing with Dani, who is swept off the floor by Mason just as a broad chest blocks my view.

"Hey, stranger." I smile broadly, looking up at my extremely handsome boyfriend.

"Hi, gorgeous." He greets me back as he wraps both his arms around my waist, making me tangle my hands in his hair.

"How was your birthday?" I ask, playing with his hair and completely forgetting about the people surrounding us.

He seems to think for a moment, making me curious before he looks down at me with a soft smile on his face. "I spent the whole day with my out-of-this-world girlfriend. I'd say it was one of the best birthdays ever." Laughing, I place my head on his shoulder, thinking about our day.

After cutting the cake in our apartment this morning, all of us gave him our gifts, knowing it would be too chaotic at night.

I gave him a bunch of things, but his smile was the brightest when he opened the envelope which had a wood card saying 'You're my favorite person in this world'.

Once everyone left, he spent an hour face timing his family, who were more eager for him to visit with 'his girlfriend' than wish him a happy birthday. With a roll of his eyes, he assured them all that we would see them at the wedding, which was not even a month away.

We spent the rest of the day roaming around the city as I took him shopping before we had lunch at his favorite place and then in the evening we went to the beach to watch the sunset together. With no time left, we came back to my apartment to change for the boys' party.

"Well, I am glad you enjoyed my company, good sir." I tease with a wink, making him laugh.

"So, how drunk are you?" He asks me once he's done laughing.

"On a scale of one to ten, I'm a point five." I tell him honestly. I just had a beer after the cake cutting and after that, I have been surviving on water and coke.

He raises an impressed brow. "That's really low for a party."

"I know." I chuckle, shaking my head. "What about you?"

"I was at a six...seven-ish but now I'm barely at a two." He says, shaking his head because parties are more bearable when you're drunk and right now, none of us are.

"And you were saying mine was low?" I raise an unimpressed brow.

"At least, I was at seven for a while." He says, pointedly.

I slightly pout when I realize that he's right before smiling brightly when I remember my plan.

"Well, you're not drunk." I say, smiling like I just heard it. "That's great."

"Okay..." Ethan trails off, confused. "Why?"

I step closer to him and press my body against his, leaving no space between us. His grip on my waist hardens as one of his hand slip down and rests just above my ass.

"Now, I'm gonna go up and you're gonna wait here with your phone in your hands." I whisper low in his ear and press a kiss on his pulse point, making his breath quicken. "And then, I'm gonna shoot you a text and you're gonna come to your room."

Pressing the last kiss beneath his ear, I start to pull away, but his hands pull me flush against his body, refusing to let me go. Looking up at him, I see his eyes darken significantly and the bright brown eyes are now drowning in lust.

"What will you do alone in my room?" He asks, his voice low and husky.

"Prepare your present for you." 

⤎❁⤏
Hey guys! How're you doing?

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter because I really enjoyed writing it!!
Anyone has any guesses about next chapter? It's...interesting, to say the least.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter. Also, follow me on Wattpad and Instagram(spiicychoco) for more.

QOTD: If you had to recommend just one book from Wattpad for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Stay Safe, Stay Grateful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 75.1K 48
Meet Lana. A professional third wheel at her finest. You would think being the school's power couple third wheel has its perks. But really, she's...
425 63 16
"She is broken from the inside. He is broken on the outside. But together, they make something beautiful. Something, beautifully broken." Renae comes...
524K 11.3K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...
8.6K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...