𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
party
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
grovel
slip ups
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
departure
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
future
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
remember me
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

cosmic coldness

19.4K 743 565
By haleyboook

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
"You give me butterflies."
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: ☾

I sit on the wooden drafters in the dining hall. Ajak and I had a heated discussion. I snuck out earlier to help the citizens with the flash floods in their town and she caught me helping them. She told me my immaturity was going to get me killed. That I was expected to be better then this. That she was disappointed with how I was behaving.

I lay flat on the beams tossing up a orb of light wasting time in attempt to cool myself down. Even though I'd rather go save families from the floods in town. I already attempted to leave after she yelled at me twice. She caught me again both times. It's just that those people are suffering and drowning. Losing everything they love, their children, homes, belongings, and community.

I'm meant to be Mother Earth and be the honest and trustworthy connection to the humans here but anytime they truly need me Ajak tells me to hide and go back to base.

Because I can't be perceived as a liar

They would expect me to help if I was in the area. That's what I should do, but Ajak would like me to keep up my appearances of the righteous and kind holy mother of all and hide once the killing begins

Ajak makes me do so.

Ikaris also makes me. But I don't ever listen to him.

They all make me.

They tell me we can't step in. It's natures path. We aren't made to intervene.

I was caught intervening a few weeks ago too, Ajak pulled me by the ear home. She gave me a lecture about the jobs of eternals and how that isn't one of the roles we take on. To just kill deviants and wait to return home to Olympia.

I've began to despise her. She sat and watched humans suffer knowing the powers we all hold could keep them alive and safe

It's cowardly and selfish

It isn't fair.

All is fair in love and war.

I hate that quote. If I hear that quote again I will slam my head through a wall it's untrue and doesn't pertain to me no matter how much I wish it did.

I used to really idolize Ajak. She gave me a purpose to life. Gave good advice. Now I despise the way she restricts me

I just want to do good

I want to be good. That's all.

That's all I've ever wanted

Makkari looks to Druig as they stand in the phastos' lab where Ajak just had a huge blow up with Gaia in. The whole team heard. Without surprise, everyone backed Ajak up. Well, besides two.

Makkari and Druig

Makkari nudges Druig and signs "You should go speak with her."

He shakes his head and puts a displeased look on his face. Makkari nods and signs "You always argue that we should intervene. You know how she is feeling. Go."

He shakes his head and Phastos looks up from his invention saying and signing "What are you two arguing about?"

Ajak looks away from the monitor and to the two of them. She raises an eyebrow and says and signs "We've had enough arguments for the decade. Can't you two just get along?"

Makkari looks to Druig nodding and nudging him. Druig shrugs her off his shoulder and signs "I'm not doing that Makkari."

She closes her eyes annoyed and attempts to hold her composure and not push him into the dining hall herself. She opens her eyes again soon after now ready to argue more but is interrupted by Ajak saying "Do what?"

Druig looks to her and says "Nothing."

He leaves the lab in an angry huff and Phastos signs "You two argue nearly as much as Gaia and Druig do."

Makkari nods and smirks

Well, I am on a mission to push the two obliviously in love two together.

She nods to them letting the ideas and thoughts run rampid through her head

Druig stands in the dining hall arch way watching me as I let my arms and legs hang off the sides of the rafters. He calls out "They're wrong you know." I leave my eyes closed and say "Hello Druig."

"You always choose the highest places to hide."

I groan and say "Because I do not wish to be disturbed." He looks up and his jaw tenses as he looks to see how he can climb up there. He sighs and shakes his head. He inhales deeply and contimplates climbing up.

God Gaia. The things I do for you.

He climbs onto the bench and the table. He jumps up and grabs onto the beam. He hoists himself up and I peak out of the corner of my eye watching him. He hoists his body up and I see the intricate muscles in his arm. He groans and I put my head back down. He sits on the rafter adjacent from me and says "Ajak is wrong."

"Yeah well, everyone else seems to agree with her. I'm supposed to be this beacon of hope for the humans. Ajak pushed me into the role of mother earth and then I can't..." I choke up and my lip quivers. Druig's expressions soften and I cover my face with my hands. I continue soon after "I can't even protect the people who need me.."

He clears his throat feeling awkward and weird just watching her cry. He says "I feel the same way you know." I look up and look to him with tears still in my eyes. "Really?" He nods and says "I can control the planet with a thought... I think about just controlling every single person on earth to be non-controversial. To live a simple and boring uneventful life."

My eyes soften as I look to his saddened gaze. I nod and say "What stops you?"

He meets her eyes and pauses for a minute thinking of an appropriate answer. He looks into her waiting and anticipating eyes.

My answer is most likely you. The risk of being exhiled. Away from... you. Having to go a day or an hour without seeing you.

He clears his throat clearly embarrassed by his thoughts and says "Controversy with the team. Our role is to kill deviants nothing more."

I look down and nod.

I chew the inside of my cheek and say "Makkari told you to find me didn't she?"

He smiles and says "Maybe."

I nod and say "Not surprising." He sighs and says "Still would have went to find you without her saying anything though." My eyebrows knit in confusion and I say "And why would you do that?"

Druig swallows hard and his jaw tightens. He doesn't meet my eyes and kicks air with his legs.

Because I know exactly how it feels to suffer the loss of the people you weren't allowed to save but easily could have

He clears his throat and says "Well, I figured I wanted to climb into the rafters today like a monkey. No, I.. gross...well I.." He falters in speaking as I sit up more and tilt my head waiting for an answer

No. No. Don't look at me like that. Oh god.

He sighs and says "I don't really know. I don't really know why I came here to check on you. Maybe I was bored. Maybe.." I look down and Druig says "Now would ya quit crying. It's making me uncomfortable. I can't insult you when you're leaking fluids from your eye balls."

I kick his side and he nearly falls off the rafter. I gasp and shout "Druig!"

I grab ahold of him and pull him towards me. He balances and sits extremely close to me. So close I can smell the aroma of his shampoo.

I freeze as we look into each others eyes. I heave a shaky breath and my hand loops behind his neck as the other hand holds onto his shoulder. We smile to each other as we lean into each other.

I can feel his breath on my lips. I'm just longing to be closer to him. To know how his lips feel against mine. I want to conquer that desire in his eyes. He tugs me closer and seconds before our lips touch..

Ikaris says "Well, that's new."

Sprite says "Gross!"

I gulp and lean away from Druig. I look to Ikaris and Sprite and say abruptly "Why are you two here?"

Sprite says "We were getting food. But clearly my appetite is gone. Gross."

She walks away and Ikaris says "A pairing I literally never saw coming."

He follows Sprite out and I groan and dramatically flop back onto the wooden rafter away from Druig. He says "I should-"

I interrupt "You were gonna kiss me."

He furrows his eyebrows and says "What? When?"

I groan and cover my face so frustrated. He says curiously now "So, say I was gonna kiss you... would that had been a bad thing?" I sigh and say "I don't know.. What do you think?" He chuckles and says "I think it'd be a lot easier if I could read your mind."

I change the subject to his mind control and say "What's it like to take control of someone?" He thinks for a second and goes on "Uhhh, well, it's pretty easy for me to do so. All I have to do is think of someone or a species and want to take control of them. Then I have control."

I pry a little more and say "Have you ever tried to control any of the eternals?"

He sighs and says "Is this just Druig questioning time?" I smile and nod "Pretty much."

God put away those dimples.

He says "Yes, I've been successful a few times. No avail with Ajak. But with practice maybe I could."

"What about me?"

Of course Gaia has to ask.

"Yes. I've attempted. Especially when I first met you on Mesopotamia."

I nod and say "That isn't even surprising. What's it feel like? To be controlling everyone?"

He looks down and says "Cold."

I sit up and hug my knees to my chest as I look to him. "Cold?" He nods and says "Empty and cold. Dark too. It's sometimes painful but overall it's just really, really lonely."

A frown presses to my lips and my face falls. That's sad. I rub my chin with my arm and he says "What do your powers feel like?"

I scoot closer to him and say "Put your hand out." He looks at me doubtfully and I say "Just do it." He puts his hand out and I hover my hand over his palm. I release golden whisps and he feels the warmth touch his skin. He looks to me and says "That's... different."

I smile and say "When I need to calm down a human or something it always works." He nods and says "You're the complete polar opposite of me, Gaia."

I bite my tongue and I say "Maybe so."

I high five his hand and continue swatting at it for kicks and his hand always bounces back up. He tenses at my touch and I say "But, aren't polar opposites supposed to attract?"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: ☾

a/n: GAHHH I'm so sorry!! I just had to end it like that! Can't give into Druig quite yet. Ikaris and Sprite have horrible timing am I right? Sorry guys, I know I totally set you up. Anyway, I'll try to be more active this weekend with the chapters but I have a research paper due and some English assignments that are consuming me in stress. Anyway, Thor and Loki may or may not make a cameo in the next chapter... hehehe

Q&A: Favorite color?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.8K 28
"The people really love you." "Well, I don't care what they think about me, if they love me or hate me, I only care about you." Chaos and control...
154K 5.1K 32
"We are Infinite." In which a powerful, unloved girl finds purpose in the hands of beings greater than infinity. "She believed she could, and so sh...
137K 5.1K 27
it's beautiful, isn't it? 【 status completed 】 【 eternals 】 【 druig ✘ male!oc 】
69K 3.5K 28
"What's the point in being seen as gods if we can't save those who need us?" "That's the thing. We aren't gods. Not really". Druig x Male OC Marvel E...