𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡...

By haleyboook

druig x oc ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "I'll love you until the day the sky comes falling down on us." "Only... More

prologue
beginnings
averted gazes
sky fall
repercussions
natural born leader
mission
quit it
cosmic coldness
phastos
history
jealousy
confiding in friends
confrontation
dreams
grovel
slip ups
engagement
sersi x ikaris wedding
suppressed emotions
expose secrets
home
final battle
departure
new community
drunken adventures
rings
small details
future
yellow
family
unknown identity
my wife
remember me
memorials
makkari returns
liability
the night she left
finding serendipity
ignorance is bliss
compromise
ikaris' betrayal
more than a betrayal
Q & A
emergence
killing tiamut
ajak's betrayal
life restored
storybook wedding
saying goodbyes
epilogue

party

27.9K 912 239
By haleyboook

party

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

Makkari leans against my door frame in my bathroom as I sit in front of my vanity braiding my hair up nicely, she signs to me "You know Ajak said for Phastos to go out for the party not you."

I smile to her and sign "I know, but we deserve to enjoy ourselves. We can dance, drink! You are still coming along with me right?"

She nods and signs "If they get mad I'm blaming you."

I laugh and sign "Not surprising. Come here. I want to braid that pretty long hair of yours."

She walks over and sits beside me, I spin in my chair and undo her ponytail. I brush through her hair and start a long braid at the top of her head.

God her hair is so long.

Knitting my fingers through her bair as I wind it into a long braid I mile to her as she watches me through the mirror in front of her

I enjoy my time with Makkari.

She's hilarious, no one makes me laugh as hard as she does

The long french braid comes to an end and I tie it off at the end.

I sign to Makkari "All done."

She nods and I walk away from her. She mocks my dark eyeshadow I created but I don't care.

I think it looks beautiful. And I like it

She signs "Did you rub dirt on your eyelids?" I roll my eyes and sign "Phastos may create weapons and other inventions but he doesn't make many things for women. I'm calling it eye shadow!"

She scrunches up her face and signs "It looks like you have two black eyes."

I sigh and walk away from her looking for my dress in my closet. I enter the closet and grab the dress hanging.

I roll my hand over the fabric as my smile widens at my excitement over the new dress

I slide into it and leave the closet as my hands remain pressed against my waist

I follow Makkari out and we sneak past Ajak and Phastos and the others. My eyes widen as we see Gilgamesh and Thena come straight towards us with annoyed look on their faces

Makkari grabs my shoulder and speeds me away. We stand in the event hall and I smile.

I pat Makkari's shoulder and I approach the group of men. Makkari goes to find herself a drink

Men order me drinks and I smile politely and accept a few, declining the others. I look to the people dancing around and I smile. Something about watching others enjoy themselves brings me much happiness

A man walks up to me and says "What's a pretty little thing like yourself doing here without a man?"

"As you can see I have men all around me buying me drinks. I rather enjoy the company of my friends over dates with men I meet in bars."

He scoffs and says "You're a tease lady." I smile and say "If I'm a tease, you're an unmannered dick head."

"Hey no need to get defensive. You're the one who accepted my shot of alcohol."

I shake my head and say "That doesn't mean I'm yours for the taking. I do have the right to my own personal choices." My anger nips at me as it grows

He steps closer and the yellow whisps course through my clenched fist. I'm going to sucker punch this man in about 2 seconds if he doesn't leave me alone.

I'm sure Ajak would love to hear I got into a bar fight.

That's not a very motherly thing to do, why did I get stuck with being mother earth?

It's dumb nickname for someone like me

The man who's harrassing me says "This man bothering you?"

I look up confused and see his eyes all white.

Druig.

I nod to the man he's speaking through and say "Hello Druig."

Always here to swoop in for the rescue.

Might have needed that one though.

I'll never admit it to him, wouldn't want to stroke his ego.

The man says "You seem distressed. You do know Ajak said no parties, correct?"

I nod and say "And obviously you didn't listen either."

He says through the man "I'm not even here."

"I swear to you Druig, if you were controlling the man when he called me a tease I will scalp you."

He chuckles and says "No, it wasn't me. Kind of wish it was though. Just to see you enraged again. What's with the black coloring on your eyes?"

"It's eyeshadow."

"It's... it's.."

I huff "Odd, trust me Makkari has already mentioned it. But I think it looks good."

Oh sweet, sweet Gaia... it looks beautiful. Enhances the beauty and color of her beautiful purple eyes.

I flick the guys forehead trying to capture Druig's attention again. He chuckles and says "You do realize I don't feel any of that, right?"

I squint and bite the cheek of my mouth "You never tell me anything about your powers. I've known you for centuries and you still haven't filled anyone in on how they work."

"It's none of the eternals business."

I sigh and walk away "You're always so cryptic."

"It's who I am."

I gulp and say "At least you can admit it. So you're just back at the base following me around with a mind controlled pig headed man?"

He nods and says "Basically, yes."

"Coward." I say as I look around with the suspicion of him being close by

Then the real Druig steps in front of me, "I am not a coward."

I smirk and say "If Ajak gets mad at us for being here I'm blaming you."

He rolls his eyes and says "Pretty sure Makkari would side with me. You've resulted into dragging her into trouble too?"

I scoff and say "Ajak trusts me more then the two of you."

He raises his eyebrows and says "You wanna say that again and try to make it sound convincing?"

I shoot back the shot and walk away from him, leaving him with his controlled jerk that called me a tease

Druig makes the controlled man smack his head against the wooden beam and Makkari nudges him signing "I saw that."

He shakes his head and signs "The part where she called me a coward? Or the part where she called me closed off?"

She nods and signs "all of it."

He closes his eyes and signs "Where's Kingo? Usually he's always at these events." Makkari shrugs and walks away and towards the poker players.

I smile to the dashing man who spins me on the dance floor. He dips me suddenly and Druig decides to head out on the balcony for some much needed air.

The tinge of anger and jealousy rising within him quickly

The man grabs onto my hips and says "Gaia. Mother of earth right?"

I smile to him and say unamused "Those are the legends after all."

He says "You're even more beautiful in person, goddess."

His hot breath touches my neck and I nearly elbow him in the face out of instincts. I wouldn't call myself a goddess.

I slide his hands off my hips and finish out the song. He says "Another dance darling?"

I politely decline stating that I must help out with the piano playing. I step away from him urgently. I wipe at my throat feeling grossed out by his hot breath and saliva touching my skin.

I dismiss the piano player and start to play a simple little celebratory tune. Makkari rests her hand on the top of the piano and I nod as I tap at the keys.

She's feeling for the vibrations.

A smile presses to her lips as she sways her head to the melody she feels through her fingers

Her eyes close as I watch her, my smile widening at her content and happiness

I look around for Druig and see he's ran off to be somewhere. I want to look for him.

Oh god it was probably the coward comment that sent him away.

The song wraps up and I stand up quickly looking around for Druig. With no findings of him I head back to the bar. Not my best idea. Truly not my best idea at all.

I down the bottle while I hang off Makkari's shoulder. We both are enjoying ourselves too much tonight.

I throw my knife at the wooden dart board landing bullseye. Makkari nods to me as she laughs loudly and we start throwing knives at the wooden circled game.

I high five Makkari and she throws a real dart this time. I see a blur as she throws and she lands it dead on the money. I nudge her and sign "you cheater."

She smiles and sighs "I didn't cheat. How would I even cheat?"

I raise my eyebrows and sign "I'm not stupid Kari." I smile to her and squeeze her cheek scrunching up my nose to her. "So cute."

I step onto a chair and shout "Everyone! Looky here! Has anyone seen a blue eyed mildly tall cute guy around here?! I seem to have lost him and I would like to find him!"

The attendants of the party look to me and Makkari signs aggressively and quickly "Get down!"

I smile and stand up on the wobbly table. "I asked a question misters! Has anyone seen... or been possessed lately? I'd like to-!"

I tumble off the table and go into a fit of giggles. I jump to my feet and the crowd cheers. I hug makkari and walk out of the event hall. I don't get too far though.

I flop down onto the sand dunes face first very drunkily. I'm just gonna take a little nap.. right here.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

a/n:
Hi guys! Alrighty, thanks for all the views and votes. Absolutely love you guys. Please comment and interact! I love reading comments and receiving your reactions. I'm enjoying this slow burn type of romance happening so far. Druig being infatuated with Gaia and Gaia being completely oblivious to him. I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't super entertaining. In the next chapter it will pick up. I am going to have a flashback scene in the next chapter, so look out for that sentimental and very romantic moment they shared in a past lifetime. Again, thank you so much for the love. I truly can't thank you enough!

edited 7/20/23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 2.6K 24
"When I first heard it was the end of the world, I thought there would be more zombies. Monsters, aliens, anything other than this!" "Well we are tec...
100K 2.8K 28
"The people really love you." "Well, I don't care what they think about me, if they love me or hate me, I only care about you." Chaos and control...
68.6K 3.5K 28
"What's the point in being seen as gods if we can't save those who need us?" "That's the thing. We aren't gods. Not really". Druig x Male OC Marvel E...
350K 10.9K 25
FEMALE READER ↦︎ Druig and Y/n, two Eternals formerly oblivious to each other's feelings, even though everyone else knew, are reunited with their tea...