The Forgotten Child

By Little1Writer

"Actually I do. I'm working", I said with no emotion at all. They didn't deserve it. They don't get to know h... More

A/N
Character Listing
Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
A/N
FINALE

26

55.7K 1.6K 245
By Little1Writer

I woke up with a huge yawn as I turned over to the other side of the bed, pulling onto the covers to my entire body so warmth filled me. Last night Mike let me stay in one of the guest bedrooms. It was still really big and comfy though and I slept like a baby. I didn't want to leave, I just wanted to sleep here forever and ignore my pitiful life.

I once again rolled over to look out of the balcony connected to my room, with one of the doors open to let in air on this very hot day. I just laid for half an hour before I got the courage and the energy to get out of bed. I got dressed in just some black skinny jeans and a blank white t-shirt. I didn't have any socks with me so I just threw on the ones I wore yesterday and my trainers.

I had to go to a firm today to try and get a really good lawyer. I managed to sneak out of the house without any of them seeing me. I got William to come pick me up and he dropped me off in town. I didn't wanna tell William where I was going as I didn't want to get him in trouble with Stone, after all he is his boss. 

I got into the law firm, in which I got a lot of dirty and confused looks. Probably on why a teenage girl is walking through an expensive office like this one, but I held my head up high as I walked on by. I got the receptionist desk and waited for a second for to take notice of me. When she did, she did a small look up and down before giving me a fake smile.

"Hey there, do your parents work here?", She said in a high pitched tone, much higher than a normal tone anyway.

"Uh no, I'm um looking for a lawyer", I said with a smile. She looked me up and down again before giving me yet another fake smile.

"I'm sorry, but this place is very high end and it might be a bit up your market", She whispered discreetly but people around me that were sat waiting still heard her as they also stared at me. They were mostly men, with black and grey suits.

"I think I'll be alright", I said in a bit of a patronising tone to show the lady that she was really starting to piss me off. She looked at me for second before typing on her computer.

"Oh right, well then, I'll call you into Mr Hammond's office, name?", She said typing really quickly as I told her. She raised her eyebrows when I mention Rushwood though, which made me feel a scent of worry. She pressed a button under her desk and told me sit down and wait. I sat next to an older gentleman, who had a newspaper and I kid you not, a monocole just balancing on his cheek. I just stared in awe, as he looked up from his paper and looked at me for a second, before coughing and going back to his newspaper.

I just sat there, my legs going back and forth as these chairs were really tall. It was about twenty minutes later when an older looking man, who was about Williams age but a little bit older. He looked around for second before his eyes set on me and he put his hand out to shake.

"Hi there, the names Iain Hammond , please come and follow me", He said with a smile, a genuine smile as well which immediately but me at ease. He seemed pretty nice as well. 

"So how are you", He said, trying to make small talk as we walked to his office.

"Alright, you?", I asked back to be polite. He just nodded with a smile and we walked for a long time. We got to his office and he sat me down in front of him. He smiled and looked back at me.

"So, Matilda Rushwood was it?", He said, moving some papers around and grabbing a pen. It was pretty awkward just sitting there as he messed around with paper and his computer. 

"Yes", I replied after a while, after he finally managed to find a pen.

"So what is it that you need from us?", He said with a smile, which suddenly became a lot less reassuring.

"Well, I want an emancipation from my brothers and to live with someone else", I said, more like mumbled out of nervousness. He just stared at me like I was crazy.

"You mean the Rushwood brothers? What. Why?", He asked in confusion and pretty quickly.

"They um didn't treat me right.", I said with confidence this time. He got out a notepad and clicked his pen slowly, just staring at me like I was crazy.

"I'm sorry but we can't help you. Your brothers are the most powerful brothers in the country, they will ruin us for just seeing you today", He said, with obvious fear in his eyes. I just looked at him without an expression.

"Look, your 16 right? Just endure it for the next two years and you can leave whenever you want, they can't be that bad right?", He said with uncertainty. I moved my arm and the bruises on them were clearly shown, evident when he did a small gasp.

"Oh my, I could get child services", He said with horror and surprise. I just shook my head vigorously at him as he looked at me in concern.

"No no, my father always told me horror stories about going into foster care, and I don't need to go into foster care, I just want emancipation from them and a friend would adopt me", I said, getting up to leave. It was pretty obvious he wasn't going to help me whatever I did or said.

"Thank you for your time, but I don't want you to get trouble because of me", I said with a smile, grabbing my bag and leaving the office pretty swiftly. I walked out of the firm with a scowl on my face.

Who the hell is going to risk getting destroyed by my brothers? No one that's who and last time I checked that wasn't a person. I screamed in my head as I sat down onto the sidewalk. This was just so frustrating, even after I threatened to destroy them. I looked up to notice a small building with the words, "Lisa's Law Firm". Huh, why would you set up shop right opposite one of the best law firms in the country?

Probably for the people who couldn't afford the fancy ass one.

Oh well, might as well. I walked into the law firm into room full of plants. The man sat down at the counter had bright purple hair and was a little overweight but still had a giant smile when he saw me. He also had plants everywhere, he was like a caterpillar who I just wanted to cuddle up too, kinda like an adorable bear.

"Hiya doll, how can I help you?", He said with a smile as he picked a pen up from his desk and started to wave it around.

"Um hi, I'm Matilda Rushwood", I said with a hesitant smile. As I suspected his mouth just dropped when I mentioned my last name and his pen from his hand dropped.

"The Rushwood brothers?!", He said in pure shock. I just nodded and his mouth dropped even more. We waited in an awkward silence for a second before he his mouth closed shut and he started to speak really fast.

"Um, Okay well follow me please to our head", He said quickly, getting up from his spinning chair and motioning for me to follow him with a huge grin. 

We made the same small talk before we came to a lift. He kept looking back at me, as if I was just going to disappear or something.

We got to the top of the elevator and he practically pushed me out onto the top floor. He then pushed the elevator button and they shut and he left me on this floor. I looked around to see a long and thin hallway. I just stood there for a second, debating on if he put me on the right floor. I then gained the courage to walk right the end of the hallway, aware of my surroundings.

I mean getting murdered would solve all my problems but I can tell life has way more to offer me than just getting beaten all the time.

I got to the end of the hallway and walked out into a huge office, with a giant library sat behind with a spiral staircase leading up to the top. There was a sofa opposite the desk with  a fireplace to the right of it. 

A woman was sat down scrolling through paperwork, she was a black woman with long straight hair put up into a messy bun and a pen in her mouth, looking like she was in deep thought. I just stood their awkwardly for a second before I coughed and she noticed me. She gave me a small smile and motioned for me to sit down on the sofa opposite the desk.

She went off out of the room whilst I just sat uncomfortably, trying to put my legs right. Do I cross them? Do I put them together? I was squirming for a while before the lady came back with a bottle of water and a biscuit box. She then sat onto the sofa next to me and gave me the bottle and opened the tin.

"Hi, how can I help you?", She asked with a grin of her perfect pearly teeth. I tried hard not to blush out of embarrassment and gained the courage to finally tell her everything.

It took a long time, with a few tears on the way in which she gave me a tissue for. She was listening intently the whole time, making sure to take in every sentence that I said. When I was done, there were no biscuits left and my water was all gone. She was enraged on how they had treated me, and how they threatened me and hurt me. She told me there was no way in hell I should ever allow someone to do that to me, family or not. 

That hit hard for me and made me feel... empowered. She was so lovely and so kind to me, it was almost motherly.

"Your brothers will go away for a long time for all the pain they have caused", She said, with her fists clenched into tight balls. This made my heart race.

"No, I don't want them to go to prison, I just want to be free of them forever and live my own life without having to worry about them showing up.", I explained to her. I could see she wanted to fight my opinion on the prison thing but they were still my brothers after all. 

"Okay, then we will get you your emanupation and a restraining order against them, so if they do go near you, they will have a lot of consequences about it.", She said with a determined grin. I just nodded with my own smile. I knew that she would fight for me and it made me respect her so much, but at the same time, I knew the power that my brothers held against the world.

How the hell did they become so powerful?

What do they actually do for a living?

Maybe I should try and figure that out.

-----------------

Sorry for the late update, but I was really busy with school work and my mentoring and stuff. Anyway hope you enjoyed!

What do you want them to be doing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Siblings By Hjc0703

Teen Fiction

540K 14.9K 54
[Completed] There's three of us. Triplets. We all have each other's backs. There's me, Maeve. The one with red eyes. People call me a murder. S...
22K 479 15
Georgia Alice Monroe The same girl who has been abused until she found her brothers. She has relied on having all of her brothers there for her since...
169K 3.7K 27
I walked out of my room and closed the door. I started to go downstairs where I could hear my siblings talking. I was almost to the stairs when I hea...
450K 10.1K 32
Melina and her twin brother Max have had anything but an easy life, from dealing with their drug addicted mother and her abusive boyfriend, to trying...