BEAUTIFUL GRIEF (IZ*ONE/LE SS...

By SILV3R_IZ

After an incident that will forever mark the world, Y/N, an "ordinary" young man in the eyes of the whole wor... More

PROLOGUE : IN A DREAM
CHAPTER 1 : NEW WORLD
CHAPTER 2 : LEGACY
CHAPTER 3 : DRAGON
CHAPTER 4 : OPEN YOUR MIND
CHAPTER 5 : YOUR VOICE
CHAPTER 6 : BABY IN A WAR
CHAPTER 7 : WRITTEN TEST
CHAPTER 8 : WHAT I CAN DO
BONUS CHAPTER : CHAEWON'S INTERVIEW
CHAPTER 9 : PRACTICAL TEST PT.1
CHAPTER 10 : NUMBER 1

CHAPTER 11 : LAST CHALLENGE

534 28 33
By SILV3R_IZ

Location: France, somewhere in Paris

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 05:15 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Elisa: Elisa Kang on the speaker. I hope everyone can hear me well.

It's now the time to tell you about the final part of this test that will determine your future for good...

(I wonder if I'll have the time to sleep...)

Before anything else, congratulations for winning your place in order to be able to pass the last challenge you'll need to overcome before the end of the practical test.
I already said it one time since you all saw my little message on the board but it's always great to hear a nice word from someone.

Coming back to the main point, succeeding in the first part wasn't an easy task for sure, but it was not the hardest either.
At least, that's how I see what's coming for you now but the difficulty will mainly depend on the nature of your capacities.

So I'll ask for your attention once again since I'll explain in detail what's going to happen next and what you'll have to do.
All the things you went through so far after the end of the written test will count for half of your grade and everything that's coming from now one will count for the other half.

The bus you're currently in will take you to the place where the rest of the test will be held.
It's called the Five Seasons Dome. The dome is separated in five different parts where in each one of them, the climate of each existent season was reproduced with all the natural things that are associated with them in people's mind.
For example, you can find some beautiful cherry trees in the Spring Area.

Things can't be that good though and I think that you already felt that something was wrong.
This dome is for training and exams mainly so we added our little touch to make things more interesting.

Without talking about it too much, I can say that in the Spring Area, you can find cute creatures or more strong willed animals. The funny thing is that you're not allowed to hurt them badly or kill them. In the Winter Area, it's colder than you imagine and as the opposite, things are getting really hot in the Summer Area. We also have the Autumn area where you could say that many things flying in the wind could bother you and I love the sound of the rain there, it rains a lot there most of the time.
There's only one area left and you must be really curious to know why it's called the Five Seasons Dome. I can't tell you more about it sadly since the second part of the practical test will take place there for you.

For now, it will stay as a surprise.
I don't want to ruin everything and I can't wait to see how things will turn out.

The main task you'll need to do to pass this test is quite easy to explain.

Destroy as many robots as you can.

Simple, right ?

You'll see it for yourself once you're there but each robot looks exactly the same and they are pretty big. They're the size of two elephants next to each other if I have to compare it to something you already know. Adding the fact that you can add one more meter to their height.

The most important thing is that they may look the same, but it will rarely be the same experience once you face more than one of them.
The easiest type you could encounter are the ones that will give you one point.

Making a direct link with that, I'll now explain the point system.
Each robot has different levels separated in 5 attributes.

Speed, Strength, Agility, Resistance and Brains.

Their levels can go from 1 to 5. So just like I explained earlier, the easiest type will be the robots with one attribute at the level 1.
Each level and attribute will add one more point to your overall score once you destroy one of them.

So you can understand the point system better, I'll give some examples.

If you meet and destroy a robot that has the attribute Strength 1 and Agility 1, you'll earn two points from it.
With a robot that has Speed 2, you'll also earn two points.
Following the same logic, a robot that has Resistance 3, Speed 1 and Brains 2 will make you earn six points.

There is another rule to this system, an attribute at the level 5 will make you earn ten points, not five as you might think.

At last, the single exception. If you end up destroying a robot that has all the attributes at level 5, you'll not earn 50 points but 100 points.

You'll have 40 minutes once you're in your designated Area to make the best out of this time.

That's it for the biggest part but I still have some indications to give you before ending this call.

Please avoid destroying anything in the area if you can since it will cost a lot to repair everything but it's not forbidden and we know that the robots will not hesitate to do it once they take all of you as their target.

The way we choose to counter this a bit is to cancel the target operation of all the robots that have at least 3 attributes with at least three of them at level 2 if another one or more are already fighting you.

If it's going too far for you and you can't take it anymore, just tear apart your ticket and the test will end for you. All the points you earned before that will not be counted anymore if you decide to make this decision. After that, just go back toward the entrance of the Area and someone will take care of you.

You can help each other but only the one who destroyed the core who's constantly moving inside of them will get the points.

I'll say it just in case but you can't cheat of course since a certain amount of people will watch you and the robots themselves will send a signal before the total destruction of their core based on the signature of the magic responsible for that. Since we can recognize that signature with the ticket we gave you, we'll know for sure who did what.

Of course, you're against robots this time so I don't want anyone to bother the other participants voluntarily. You can't fight each other, attack other people, use your power on them, hurt them or even try to slow them down.

I hope that's clear for everyone listening to me at the moment even if it's allowed to "steal" someone else's robot if you take care of them first. Even if you were not the initial target, it will change for sure once you're detected as someone dangerous. It could be considered as slowing down the others but we'll call it "helping" too just like potential alliances.

One last piece of information, we're not sharing with you the number of points you'll need to get a perfect score in this battle between robots and humans.

I forgot one thing, we're sponsored by TVIIIX, the company making the robots you're going to face. I should have said it sooner maybe but I guess it's never too late, they're called WarX.

With that said, good luck everyone and I hope that I'll see many of you joining our university next month.

Do your best to stay in one piece !

(She's finally done, it was a long talk for sure... To be honest, I was expecting something like that since we were not able to go all out yet facing people like us. I mean, they were not able to do so since I don't have any magic flowing in me.

She really took the time to explain everything in detail but I feel like it was meant to disturb us even more when something unexpected they prepared will happen. I'm maybe too suspicious but I feel like she told us too much. There must be more than one surprise apart from the nature of the Area we're going to...

Going through everything she said, I can gather things I shouldn't forget once we reach that Dome.

All the robots look the same and there's no way to know which attribute they got. The only way to get an idea is to face them and see how they act. That's not even enough to determine their level. The only way to know that is to go against many of them and determine a pattern.

I can't go without a plan anyway, I don't even know how I could beat just one WarX.

I'll need to see how the Area is to really make something out of it that could help me earn some points.

Just going straight charging into them is a big no for me. It will be just me asking to suffer.

She said nothing about the fact that the robots could hurt us badly but it must be why we have the right to stop the test anytime we want.
It will be hard to move on your own depending on your current state but I don't know what. There's something more to it for sure.

I'm kind of blocked right now, I can't find a way to pass this test even after studying the case from every corner. I doubt something could really help me in the Area.

I still have the bag I found in the Pawn Building with some things in it but it's clearly not enough...
I guess they didn't take it from me at the end of the first part since it will not be useful.

One attribute at level 5 can give us 10 points. We'll need to get more than this for sure when just 1 point is already hard for me...
I can't even steal someone else's robot by destroying the core right after they did all the work without enough strength. I'm not the type to do that too...

I can only wait, there's nothing else to do. I hope I'll be lucky for once....

Talking about luck, now that I have the time to think calmly without any timer, I'm still wondering how I was able to find the elevator earlier. The professional magicians couldn't see it from their reactions. They were acting maybe, but it doesn't sound right. How come I could see things they couldn't ? It doesn't make any sense...

More and more things are frustrating me, I hate it when I can't understand something ! There's too many things I don't know about...

I should just take a rest while I can. I don't know how much time we have left to do so. That's the best choice after everything I went through so far.
That burn on my left leg still hurts me but I'll have to go with it.

Let's just forget it while I sleep, many people are already doing so.
I can hear some snores and the kind of breath people have when they are doing so.

I can smell something weird though, someone is eating some candy ?
Even if that's the case, I shouldn't be able to smell it that well. It's like there is something in the air...)

Driver: Yes, everything is going well so far... Nobody is following us right ? That's a good thing then.

(They really blindfolded us for a reason... Someone doesn't want this test to go well ? Or maybe they are hiding more than I thought ?)

Driver: Nobody can hear me for sure. It's been some minutes already since I released the gas... I followed all the precautions.

(Well... I'm not sleeping Sir... I know why it smells like this now at least. Nitrous oxide... Someone like Anna Qyllyos could find enough of it to put everyone in that state for sure.)

Driver: I'll keep you updated if I have any news.

(I knew that something was wrong when the bus was moving so much in different directions to confuse us so we couldn't know in which direction we were going at all.

I'm too tired to think about all of this, I'll just trust Anna this time. I could feel sincerity in the speech she made on TV.

She's protecting us from something, I'll stay on that idea. The only thing I can think about is that some people may not want to see the birth of new magicians and the undeniable growth in power and influence once she'll have many talented people under her wings...

I'll be even more careful later just in case but since they want me to sleep, I will.

The gas isn't working on me. That's one more thing to add on the list of all the things I don't know about...

Good nap.)

Location: France, Five Seasons Dome, Monitoring Room.

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 06:15 p.m

P.O.V: Elisa Kang

???: The last group will arrive soon. What should we do about this matter ?

Elisa: We'll send all the robots that we prepared for them just like planned.

???: Are you sure about that ? They are only 54 compared to the other groups of 100 people. We should lessen their number for everyone's security.

Elisa: Our goal was never to be kind with them. We'll do as I just said. More than anyone else, they need to prove to us their worth since they were the last people to finish the first part. I already got Anna's agreement.

???: I understand your point but what if something happens ?

Elisa: We have enough people here to protect and help them if it does. Magicians and examiners are still coming from the three buildings and we already have 200 people here plus the security system ready to take action at any time.

???: Everything is going well so far, it's almost too good to be true.

Elisa: We even have the support of the government. I don't see how something could go wrong.

???: It's true that Anna put a lot of resources into this all over the world, especially here. Some people even think that's way too much.

Elisa: She has her reasons even if I don't know everything but we can't start this new adventure on a bad note, that's for sure. She prepared all of this to avoid any incident.

???: The group in the Spring Area already finished the test. The one in the Winter Area will finish soon too. We still have to focus on how things are going at the Summer Area and the last group still on the way.

Elisa: Let's do this, enough talk for now. Someone will be angry if some hidden gems end up in other companies or universities because I wasn't focused on the test itself (she said laughing a bit)

???: I should do the same (he replied with a smile) But don't overdo it, we're recording everything so we can always check it later if we're not sure about some things. There's a reason why you asked for the support of 28 others to watch them too.

Elisa: You're not wrong. Also, we're still in summer but night is slowly coming. Let's check if all the lights are working in that Area too.

???: I'll send 20 people there.

Elisa: Thank you (she said now focused on what's happening before her eyes on the screens.)

Location: Kavalry University, in the directress' office

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 06:47 p.m

P.O.V: Anna Qyllyos

Anna: You're the last one... (sigh)

Location: France, in front of the Five Seasons Dome

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 07:30 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Driver: Please wake up everyone !!! You got enough rest !

(I was able to sleep more than I thought. I don't know who I should thanks for that but thank you.)

Driver: You can take your blindfold off and get outside of the bus. One last step before this day can finally end for all of you.

(One step maybe but not an easy one...)

Driver: Our path drift apart here so good luck with everything (he said with a wide smile)

Y/N: Thank you.

(Why are some people looking at me suddenly ? I just said thank you...)

Driver: You're welcome !

(I guess I'm in a better mood after a great nap ! I see, now you're saying thank you too... Don't follow my lead, I'm not a leader.)

Outside the bus

The last group of participants finally went outside of the bus they were in after a bit more than 2 hours.

They were directly met with the biggest dome they've ever seen in their whole life but it was something else that caught their attention the most.

Y/N: I'm dreaming, right ?

Above the giant door in front of them with a "K" on it, the worst outcome in their eyes was written. It was truly a surprise they didn't enjoy and some even thought about giving up.

"Death City Area"

Y/N: It's not even close to a season...

(My luck never lasts for long...)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 688 25
Chaewon and Yunjin have been friends for as long as they can remember. They redebuted in Le Serrafim together: ever since, they grew closer and close...
8.1K 439 21
Chaewon didn't think she would be seeing Huh Yunjin again after the incident that happened a year ago in SCE Academy. Chaewon, full of hatred towards...
70.1K 2.4K 62
Yunjin never knew that a straight girl like her will be able to turn gay and fell inlove with the same gender. But the thing is, she fell inlove with...
9K 231 23
#3 purinz "It's not like- it won't be the first time we've kissed," Yunjin says. Slurs, really, her voice lower and her sentences slower than usual...