KHAOS' SAVING GRACE - SONS OF...

By IrishLassKickr

Cherry a 25-year-old former sweetbutt and good friend of the Sons of Silence MC has been in love with Khaos t... More

A/N
Offices And Their Duties
Officers
Story Preview
Prologue
Heartbreak And Great Escapes
New Life Here I Come
Kicking My Demons' Asses
Standing Up For My Brother
Fixing Family
Off To A Great Start
Receiving Letters
Starting Work
Escaping To Mexico
Calling Home
Friend or Foe
No Longer Hidden?
Girls Night
Patch In Party Drama
Stacking The Deck
An Unexpected Phone Call
Unexpected Allegiances
From Strange Beginnings To Great Endings
Hoping For The Luck Of The Irish
The Truth Sets You Free
Cherry Takes The Lead
Getting The Show On The Road
Making Things Right
A/N
Reaching The Motel
Headed Home- The Motel
Head Home- Reaching The Clubhouse
Plans In The Making
Blast From The Past
The Calm Before The Storm
This Is Not Our Goodbye
The End Of Terror And The Beginning Of Forever
Epilogue
A/N
New Story In The Series Preview

The BBQ

3.3K 157 3
By IrishLassKickr

CHERRY/GABRIELLE POV

      I wake up early on Sunday morning to a beeping from my alarm. I know I wanted and needed to get up earlier today to prepare for guests but damn I am still tired. Even Tank grumbles and lowly growls at the offending alarm. I scratch behind his ears, easily making his day better. Turning off the alarm as I stretch and yawn. I figure I better hit the shower before the call of my bed wins. I slowly get up and promise Tank some outside time after I shower and dress. His response is to yawn and roll over, start snoring. I love that dog.

    As I shower, I make a mental list of everything to do today. I take Tank in the backyard to potty and play. Call the girls in Colorado to check up on them. Go to the store to grab food for BBQ and some for Tank. Call Betty to make sure her and grandkids are still coming. Text Timberleigh and the girls here make sure they are still coming. Text Mike and Trisha see if they are showing up. Pick up beer, wine, and hard liquor. Pick up air mattresses in case more than a couple need to crash here from too much alcohol. I could put one in the living room, one in my office and one in the basement if needed. Also, my bed is large enough for a few girls to crash with me and Tank can sleep in his bed if needed.

    I got a five-gallon pot to put on the corner of my built- in grill for crayfish boil. I am also going to make steak, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, BBQ chicken, and brats on my grill. I made salad and baked beans in my oven. I bought some desserts and made a homemade cheesecake. I am buying the crawfish today so it's fresh. I already bought everything else except more stuff for breakfast in case of overnight guests. I feed Tank Fresh Pet food, so I buy a week's supply at a time. I want to know his food is healthy and that's what he has been fed since he was old enough to eat food.

     I hop out of the shower, get dressed for the day, brush my teeth, and dry my hair. I decided to braid it instead of styling it today. I walk into my room and Tank hops up, like he wasn't still sleeping. "Come on boy, let's go outside then we'll have breakfast." I tell him and he jumps around excitedly. After we were out there for an hour, I figured I better make the call before I need to leave. "Come on boy, let's head back in." I yell. He sits down and pouts. "Breakfast time." I bribe him. He immediately jumps up and beats me to the door. He gives me a look like are you going to open it? Breakfast mom. I just laugh and open the door.

    After I give Tank his food, I grab a yogurt and head to the computer to call the girls. I see a message blinking on the app. I open it and see, "I thought you should see this. Also, you should know he hasn't touched a woman since you left." from Ivy. I played the video. I am crying by the end. I still love Khaos. I am still in love with him. It feels great to know he feels the same way. There is still a part of me that wonders if it is enough and if I should move on. I have to admit though there is a part of me that does think about going back. I know I need more time to know what the best thing for me is.

     I wipe my tears and call my girls. Ivy answers. "Thank you for the video. I still am in love with him but there is a part of me that still has my doubts about us working out. I need more time to figure out what is best for me." I tell her. "I understand. I just want to keep you updated on things here. I miss you so much hun. You need to call more often. You were my first friend and my best friend. I want both you and my brother to be happy." Ivy replies. Soon we are joined by Sheila, Grams, Sadie, and Emily. Jules is busy at the free clinic. I tell them about Timberleigh, Willow, and Poppy. They want to meet them sometime. I told them I'll see what I can do. I know I can't tell the girls about my new name and don't want Timberleigh and them to know too much about things there. Have to figure that out before they can meet since it would be over the computer. I tell them about having people over for a BBQ today and I need to go shopping. I send my love to them and ask to talk to Ivy alone before I hang up. I ask her to give Khaos a kiss on the cheek from me and give him the number. To let him know that I am not always available but would call or message him back when I can. Maybe we can start as friends again for now until I figure everything else out. If he can agree to that he can have the number. I hang up and make sure Tank is good. Then head for the store.

     Three damn hours later before I get home. Traffic and the town were busy as hell today. I got everything I needed but couldn't believe it took three damn hours. I have two hours before everyone starts showing up. I sent texts to everyone and called Betty while stuck in traffic and at the stores. Everyone I invited is coming. I get out my pot for crawfish boil and the recipe. I get the water in my pot and start the grill. I know it will take a while to boil then I will start adding the ingredients. I had it one day with Betty and loved it. Can't wait to make it and really hope it is as good as hers. I made the salad and put it in the refrigerator with the cheesecake I made yesterday. I put the baked beans in a pan with onions and bacon then sprinkle on some brown sugar. I cover them and have them ready to start. I season the steaks and plate them with a cover. Put them in the refrigerator for later. I will start them about ten minutes before people are due here. One hour to go, I start the baked beans, baked potatoes are wrapped and, on the grill, and so is the corn. I also started the chicken.

     I hear my security system letting me know someone is early. I go to the front door, opening it to see Betty and the girls. They are here about a half hour early. That's okay. "Come on in and grab yourself a drink ladies. I am still cooking out back." I say waving them in. I introduce Betty to Timberleigh, Willow, and Poppy. Betty said her grandsons will be here soon. We all make small talk as I cook and everyone else arrives.

     The BBQ is going great. Everyone is getting along and having a great time. We played corn hole and horseshoes. Only the girls and I drink anything more than one glass of wine. Everyone else said something about having to work early tomorrow. Betty only had one glass of wine, her grandchildren stuck to one beer and so did Mark and Trisha. Then onto pop or as they call it here soda. Me and the girls are on our third jack and cokes. They are definitely staying the night. They can all crash in my bed unless they are uncomfortable with it. Tank is also enjoying the BBQ, running around and getting fed by everyone. He might be slightly spoiled. He and I showed off some of his training. All but Timberleigh, Willow, and Poppy leave before it gets dark.

     There are not any leftovers which is great but surprising since I made so much. It was a bittersweet day. I had fun but made me miss the BBQ that the club has. I decided to tell the girls everything tonight. I know they have all told me some of their deep dark secrets, so I will do the same. I start my story with, "So ladies, there is something I want and need to tell you but can never leave this room." Once they all nod and agree to never breathe a word of it, I tell them everything from being Alejandro's personal sex doll to escaping and the club whore, to falling in love with Khaos and about my girls there. About Khaos hurting me and Maria threatening me, and how I ended up here. Everything up to now. How my girls there wanted to meet them and how it would only work if they didn't know my new name here. I didn't want to be found until I was ready.

     They never interrupted or asked questions until I was done. "Oh, wow hun, you have been through so much. I kind of want to kick Khaos' ass. I know you said he knows the truth now but still kind of wants to do it." Timberleigh says. I laugh and say I can understand that. She reminds me so much of Sheila. "Think they are still awake?" Willow asks. "I am sure they are." I reply kind of confused. "Well let's meet them then." Replies Poppy. "Okay ladies, this way." I say waving them into my computer room. They see the video message from Ivy and want to watch it first. "Wow. He definitely loves you" is their collective response.

     I dial the number and make it a video call. Ivy answers on the third ring. I can hear the boys in the background. "Awe. Let me see my nephews." I say. "I will. First though, who is with you?" she asks. "This is Timberleigh, Willow, and Poppy." I reply pointing to each of them. "Wolf, bring the boys here and say hi to Cherry. Then go get mom, Grams, and the girls to talk to her. Please, babe." she yells to him over her shoulder. Soon Wolf appears and says hi as he hands over the boys. "Hey boys." I say and they stop whining. "I miss you boys. Mommy better be telling you guys stories of Aunt Cherry. She, also, better be giving you hugs and kisses daily from me. Is she boys?" I ask making them smile and giggle. "They are some handsome boys you have there." Timberleigh tells her. "Identical like us." Willow and Poppy say at the same time. "Thanks. I think they are handsome too. Just thought I was bias as mom and all. This is Aiden and this is Caiden." Ivy induces them as she bounces them in her arms. Wolf comes back with Sheila, Grams, Jules, Emily, and Sadie. He tells Ivy him and Mayhem will take the boys so they can visit me. After a hour of talking, swapping stories, laughing, and some tears we hang up. "We really like them. I can see why they are your girls there." Timberleigh says while the twins nod in agreement. "I love and miss them something terrible, but I would you ladies too if I was there. They like you ladies too. I can tell after knowing them for years." I tell them. We decide to do another group call sometime. I see a text from Khaos. He must of agreed to friends again. "I miss you Cherry and I want you in my life even if it is only friends." he sent. "I miss you too. I need to figure out what it is I want and what is best for me. Friends is all we can do for now. Maybe for good. I don't know yet. Talk to you later, had a BBQ today and am tired." I reply back. I get, "Goodnight and sweet dreams." back almost immediately. "Goodnight and sweet dreams to you too." I send back. "If they are about you, they always are." Khaos replies. "Thanks. I am sweet so I get why those are sweet dreams." I reply with a laugh then close the app before he can reply again. The girls and I all pile on my bed with Tank at our feet. We watch some movies, talk, drink, and snack on popcorn until we pass out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 132K 57
Not even one night passes by when the nightmares don't visit him. He learned to live with them, hide them deeply, accept all the guilt of the things...
1.6M 53.7K 37
Reaper hasn't belonged to a chapter of the Broken Demons since his wife was killed 10 years ago. He prefers to live alone on the road travelling to d...
233K 5.8K 22
Poppy flew from being held hostage. She ran through the woods, trying to survive somehow. Because of the cold and the exhaustion she was weak. Bullet...
437K 10.1K 33
After losing her mother to cancer Ofelia decides to find her dad, all she knows is he is part of a motorcycleclub and lives in Las Vegas. Ofelia is i...