𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 ∗ 𝐉𝐚𝐦�...

By effiesluvr

❝Godric, you're so irritable❞ ❝Yeah, but you love it❞ The story of a boy who never looked away from the fiery... More

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐩
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐛𝐲
𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲
𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩-𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫
𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬
𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞
𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬
𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

2.5K 93 22
By effiesluvr

My Dearest
Chapter twelve

"I fucking hate divination" Ella groaned as she picked her textbooks up and off of the breakfast table pretending to hit herself in the head with the thick book, wishing she'd magically drop dead before making it to class.
"I love Divination, it's my third favourite class, next to herbology and charms" Alice chimed in as she walked next to the blonde, a predominant smile spread across her rosy cheeks.
"You love everything Alice" Ella stated as they made their way out of the great hall into the corridor, dragging her feet all the way down the hall in agony, every step closer felt a little closer to death.

"You're so whiny Eleanor" Sirius in a mocking tone from across the hall, Ella stopped in her tracks looking at the four boys who walked closely behind her.
James laughed at the pout that was on the brunette's face gaining an angry stare from her, "what's new Sirius" he said nudging the boy in the side.

Remus and Peter took a solid three steps away from their friends, a clear sign that they weren't a part of her torturing, fear in Peters's eyes as she whipped her head around to look at Sirius. 

"Shove it you messy-haired dickheads," she said shooting glares at both the raven-headed boys now. James let out a dramatic gasp, his hand on his heart as if he had been wounded.
"You really know how to hurt a mans feeling Eleanor"
"Man? You're a prepubescent boy at best" she sarcastically snapped at him gaining a laugh from Lupin who grabbed the two boys' shoulders holding them back from any further pestering.

The two girls continued their walk down the never-ending corridor, trying to escape the loud laughter from the marauders before Ella bashed one of their heads onto the cement walls.
Making their way down the moving stairs, a string of giggles erupted from Alice as someone picked her up and held her in their arms.
Alice Fortescue was the definition of sunshine, her motherly demeanour and her bubbly personality entranced everyone. She saw the world through heart-shaped glasses.
Her charm and smile were enough to make your knees go weak.

Her laugh echoed through the corridor, Ella turned around to see her wrapped up in Frank Longbottom, her future husband's, arms. A smile etched on both of their faces as he placed a rushed kiss on her lips before whispering something to her.
He quickly dashed off in the opposite direction of the class, a blush spread across his cheeks as he rushed to his class.
"Whipped" Ella coughed into her fist as she pretended to look anywhere else than the girl whose smile had somehow doubled in size.
"You're just jealous, that could be you, but you chose to hide your feelings for Potter," Alice said batting her eyelash at the girl, her voice laced with a mocking tone.
"You're on thin ice future Mrs. Longbottom," Ella said diverting her harsh glare to Alice who simply smiled and walked into the classroom. An audible groan left Ella's mouth as she walked in behind her.

The room felt cold on Ella's bare forearms, the air smelled of burnt incense and smudged sage, and the room was lit by candles only.
The blonde stood at the front of the class, her eyes adjusting to the change of light as she looked for where Romeo was sitting, Alice broke off to find where Mary sat, their infectious giggles already filling the empty room.
Romeo flashed her a blinding smile as she sat down on the floor next to him, the cushions on the floor were oddly comfortable to sit on as she tapped her fingers on the short wooden table in front of her.

Displayed out on the table was an array of tarot cards, tea leaves and cups, and various coloured candles, and in the centre of the table sat a foreign object to the class.

"CRYSTAL BALLS!" Madame Temple roared as she held a glowing orb in her hand, blue and white smoke rolled inside the glass as she raised it above her head.
"Crystal-gazing is a particularly refined art, can anyone tell me what The Orb is used for?" Amelia Bones, and her obnoxiously smart ass, was the first to shoot her hand in the air, "yes Miss Bones?"
"Crystal balls are an instrument meant to tell the future or read prophecies, mainly in the use and work of seers," she said gaining a grin from the professor.
"Five points to Hufflepuff, that was an excellent summary," she said giving a round of applause as she ran across the room.
Eleanor rolled her eyes as she watched Peter praise the girl, a blush on his rose up to the tips of his ears as she planted a short cheek to the apple of his cheek as a thank you.

"I swear Temple gets more psycho every year" Ella whispers to the boy next to her who furrowed his brows and flicked her in the middle of her forehead.
"She has a natural talent, she's not crazy, she is just- eccentric," he said nonchalantly gaining an unimpressed look from the girl.

"Eccentric, sure"

"Now class! In front of you and your partner, a crystal ball sits on your table, I want you all to try your hand at reading into the future, it's rare and a valuable trait to have THE sight!"
The room broke out into a fit of jumbled conversations, each set of table mates tried to look into the crystal ball. Short and loud hoorays erupted across the class as Ella and Romeo's fellow classmates successfully looked into the future.

Ella stared at the ball for a solid minute, her brows pinched together with concentration, growing more and more impatient by the second. The crystal ball's lack of glowing basically taunted her as another person behind her squealed with excitement.
"I can't see anything" she whined leaning her head on the table, Romeo laughing at her childlike behaviour.
"Did you try? Or are you just complaining?" Romeo mused as he looked at the girl whose face was smushed into the scratchy linen tablecloth decorating the table.
"I looked at it, with full concentration might I add, that's the best I can do," she said into the table muffling her voice, "I hate this fucking class, I'm terrible at it," she said sitting back up to see Professor Temple right in front of her face.

Personal space does not exist for the woman.

"Well that's not the attitude we strive for in this class Ms. Pettigrew," the wrinkled woman said in a deep and eerie voice, "would you like me to do it for you rather than sitting around and complaining?" she asked while wrapping her fingers around the ball, her long nails clinking against the glass, Ella slowly nodded at the woman's now uptight tone.
The professor found lowered herself to a kneeling position in front of them, her posture horrendous as she bent over the ball. Her eyes set on the orb with passion as she watched the blue smoke roll, small shimmering specks floated in the smoke making Romeo and Ella stare in amazement.

A gasp erupted from her lips as she watched intensely, her pupils turning an Erie shade of white as she placed her hands on the girl's cheeks to make eye contact with her, Ella's heartbeat dropped as the teacher shot up to look at her.
"You" she pointed at the girl with a gasp, her hands clutching the wooden table for dear life, "and you" she shrieked pointing to another person in the back of the room.
Ella turned around to see James staring at Temple like a deer in headlights, his face filled with shock as the teacher began walking up the stairs to meet in the middle of them.

"She's fucking psychotic," Sirius mumbled to Remus who shot him a glare, Peter was completely dazed by Amelia who was re-tying his tie for him.

"You two, a pair, a powerful match meant to do and create life-changing things. A wedding, a baby, a revolution. You both are destined to change the world as we know it, destined to be together" her voice shrill as her consciousness came back down to reality, an apologetic look on her face as she recollects everything that she had just summoned.
"I need to step out for a moment" The professor announced as she ran out of the room, her expression ridden with fear of some sort.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" Marlene mumbles to Sirius who nods in agreement. Remus' brows knitted together as he priced something together, not sparing Sirius a glance as he looked down to Ella who at wide-eyed.

"A wedding?" she mumbled her hands playing with the growing hole in the knee of her tights, "a baby?" she grew louder, "destined to be together?" she said still looking at the crystal ball. Tears begin to build up in her eyes as she averted her attention to Romeo's face who looked up at James and then back at her.
Ella couldn't breathe, her chest heaving as her attention went from the ball straight to James who was looking right at her with a face filled with what seemed to be a mixture of anger and confusion.
Her hand grabbed her tie, loosening it from its proper place around her neck, a suffocating feeling finding sanctuary in her chest as James continued his stare. His body shook slightly as he took a deep breath, watching as her eyes filled with tears.
"I- I um- I need to leave," she said gasping for air as she stood up out of her chair and ran out of the room.

Whispers and stares followed her to the door as she ran into the corridor.
"I'm sorry when interesting things happen to the lot of you would you prefer my harsh glares or my loud ass whispering?" Sirius asked loudly to the group of Gryffindor boys who laughed at Ella's frantic exit.

James sat awestruck as he watched as Alice, Mary, and Romeo chased after her, itching to follow after her, it was like a calling that he was trying to ignore, his knee begging to bounce with nerves.
He turned to look at the crystal ball, blue smoke still twirling around in the ball, not another thought going through his mind.
Remus lightly tapped on his shoulder trying to pull his friend back into reality, Sirius lightly smack him in the chest, with no response to either attempt from the curly-haired boy.
Sirius finally snapped him back into existence by spilling the leftover tea, from the cup on the table, over his head.

"What the fuck just happened?" he asked not even addressing the tea dripping from his hair,  his face ridden with shock.

-

Remus snuck into the girl's dorm towards the end of dinner before the rush of students flooded the halls and the common room, he'd gained permission from all of Ella's dorm mates, asking if he could go up to the room for a better portion of the night to get her to calm down.

A frown on his face as he walked into the room to see her sitting in her bed nursing a cup of cold tea with tears rolling down her cheeks, overwhelmed and freaked out as she wrapped herself up in her comforter.
He found a spot at the bottom of the bed, a weak smile on his face as he handed her a plate of chicken and salad that she gratefully took, her knees pulled up into her chest as she leaned into his side.

"A baby" she mumbled, and suddenly the somewhat of composure she was holding together came crumbling down as a sob escaped her lip, hot tears falling onto the sleeve of his sweater as she found comfort in his side, "with him," she said making him burst out into laughter.
She sat up a furrowed her brows with anger as he quit his chuckles, his thumbs finding the underneath of her irritated eyes to wipe away the mascara and tears that wear smudged against her soft skin.
"Oh love, it's gonna be fine," he said wrapping his arm around her as she cried into his shoulder.
"It's not! He's insufferable, I'm gonna be stuck with him for the rest of my life" she said trying to stop crying but failing completely, "I'm going to have his child, Remus I think I'd rather die" she mumbled as he softly moved the hair stuck to her tear-stained cheeks, tucking it behind her ear.

"Destined to be together, that's a long time" she took a deep breath as she fixed the sleeves of her jumper wiping away the remaining tears with them, "I have hated him for six years, and now I'm destined to be his wife and have his babies" she sniffles as he offers her the plate of food.
Taking note of how pale she's made herself from the anxiety and stress of the day. Remus smiles and shushed her, putting the plate in her lap as she tries to continue her hate speech, "you can tell me about your trouble after you've eaten at least the slice of garlic toast" he pointed at the bread gaining an eye roll from her.

"Why does the world hate me?" she asked dramatically with a piece of chicken in her mouth, 'deep breaths' she repeated to herself, becoming focused on food and not the tears threatening to spill from her eyes.
They sat in complete silence for a few moments, Remus watching as she finished the chicken and the toast on the plate and handing it back to him to put on her bedside table. Her arms found his torso as she leaned back down into him, the tears still rolling down her cheeks as she find comfort in his arms.

"I saw something in the crystal ball today," he whispered, his fingers twirling a piece of her hair, watching as his brows furrowed before she sat up to take his face into her hands.
"You have THE SIGHT" she gasped, impersonating their eccentric professor. A frown formed on Remus' face as she shut her mouth and returned back to being tucked away into him.
"Hmm, I guess I do" he grinned, his fingers now tracing shapes not the goosebumps skin, "the vision didn't make sense until she announced your prophecy, but I think you might want to hear it," he said with a smile as she squeezed his waist, nodding as he fixed the blanket to drape across their bodies.

"It was a vision of Romeo-"
"Now that's a couple I believe is destined to be together" she joked with a smirk, lifting her hand up to poke his dimple.
"Not important Eleanor," he deadpanned making Ella let out a string of sweet laughter.

"It was him sitting next to me in the hospital, and in his arms was a baby swaddled in blankets, he couldn't have been more than a few days old. But the strangest thing is that baby looked exactly like James, but he had your eyes" he whispered thinking back to the clear picture.
Romeo sat in a hospital chair, an infant held close to his chest. The little boy melted into Romeo's touch as the man ran a finger over the baby's cheeks, a small yawn turned into a tiny smile as the baby wriggled in Romeo's arms. Suddenly then the baby opened his eyes, bright green eyes staring up at the young man who held him in his arms as if he was the most delicate thing on the planet.

Ella's face softened as she pictured it, "was he cute?" she questioned as she traced patterns onto the boy's scars, delicate swipes of her finger across his forearm as he smiled down at her.
"Absolutely beautiful, he was so tiny" he whispered as she let out a sigh.

"James just had to be the father" she joked gaining a chuckle from Remus who leaned his head against the wall.
"You should talk to him y'know, he's a wreck," he said softly making her tense.
"As I stated, I'd rather die," she took a deep breath closing her eyes, "besides he's just gonna hate me, I'm not his precious lily flower."
"He actually turned lily down the other day during their date," Remus mumbled as he began closing his eyes.
"Really?"
"He said something about maturing, and realizing that he's been looking for the wrong girl his entire life"
"He's such an idiot"
"That he is"

Ella snuggled deeper into Remus' side, leaning her head against his chest as he tightened his grasp on her waist, "thank you Remus" she mumbled as she itched her tear-stained cheeks.
"It was my pleasure," he said planting a kiss on her forehead before finding a comfortable position and snuggling into her.
Both of them dozed off in the position they sat in, Remus tired from his up-and-coming transition, and Eleanor simply needed a mental nap.
Both of them wrapped up in the blankets, quiet snores as they lay contently.

True platonic soulmates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 288 10
𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄 ❝ 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊, 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒆 ❞ 𝐣𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐨𝐜 𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐫𝐚! 𝐲...
185K 4.1K 21
"Bloody hell," whispers James. "I don't think I've ever seen that before." All I can do is stare blankly at him. "she was just so nice about it..." ...
40.2K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
7.9K 479 27
˗ˏˋ꒰🍫꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [Your love is like a studded leather headlock. Your kiss it could put creases in the ra...