Amazing Love Story (NG1)

By pseudoannie

(Complete)Heart broken Matthew Clark travels across the sea to heal. When he meets a stranger on his flight... More

Amazing Love Story
About the Cover
1 - Carefree and unconventional
2 - A f-ing cliché
3 - Home
4 - Seaside Secrets
5 - First Class
6 - The Point
7 - Lily Two
8 - Bear
9 - Red
10 - Surprise
11.1 - Tigers and Bears
11.2 - Living
12 - More surprise
13 - Romance
14.1 - Friends
14.2 - Loan and Lie
15 - Realistic
16 - Waiting
17 - Too nice
18 - Didn't know
19 - Enough
20 - Sex
21 - Crazy
22- Mate
23 - Fairytale
24- Regret?
25 - Important matter
26 - Ninjas
27 - Tea and biscuits
28 - Yummy cake
29 - Time
30 - Eventually
31 - Terms
32 - Comfort
33 - Stupid mouth
34 - Amanda
35 - Home
36 - Red
37 - Normal
38 - Fake
39 - Changed
40 - Noble
41 - Lord and Lady
42 - A Lily
44 - OTL
45 - Trust
46 - Dales
47 - Gorham Place
48 - Lady
49 - Amazing love

43 - Miserable

1.3K 175 34
By pseudoannie

Brady knocked on Matthew's door at ten-thirty on Saturday morning. Matthew had been asleep having stayed up too late writing. Once again, when he felt miserable, he immersed himself in his work. He felt some satisfaction when Astara and Roman pummeled the Garreth.

He missed Victoria, but he wasn't angry with her. It wasn't like what happened with Penelope. If there was blame, it should be on him. As hard as it was, he was giving her space. She had needed space before, but he needed her to come to the party. The OTL plan had become personal. Both he and Brady were putting a lot of faith in two special party guests.

Matthew couldn't understand why the Brady at his door looked so rested.

His friend stepped inside. "You look like crap. It's a big night."

"Maybe this is a mistake."

Brady shook his head. "She loves you. She's just scared."

"I saw Lily and practically begged her to drag Victoria tonight."

"Lily will do it. She's a sucker for romance."

"We're a pair. Why are you here? You're early for the festivities?"

"I came to support you. I owe you for what you did for me."

Matthew shook his head. "I got you pissed."

Brady smiled. "You also dragged me to the gym. We're going for a run. Then I'll buy you lunch."

Matthew sighed. "We can go eat at the house. You can meet my family."

"Go get ready, mate?"

Matthew smiled. "I'd rather be curled in bed with Victoria."

"I know."

Once they started their run, Matthew wanted to run faster and harder. He was pinning everything on the magic of the party. It would look magical. He and his dad strung fairy lights outside. The annual fireworks were at nine-thirty. Maybe it was fate that they planned the party for the same night.

He didn't know half the guests. His mum had been inviting people all week. She invited the reporter, who outed the earl. Even his dad had an old friend from when they lived in Portland.

Brady retrieved a bag from his car, and it looked like he planned to stay for the day.

"Are you moving in?"

"Nah, but I want to enjoy a summer day on The Point. I miss it."

Brady and Lily had a long history. Matthew said, "Chin up for both of us. We need to create our own love stories." He didn't quite convince himself.

Showered and dressed in shorts, Brady walked with him to the house on the beach. His mum was busy in the kitchen. She turned to them. "Good, you brought help. This was your idea, and there's a list to tick off."

"Mum, this is Brady. We were hoping for something to eat."

"Of course you were. You're in luck. There's food on the patio."

They found the rest of the family eating. Martha smiled and said, "Who's your handsome friend?"

"Brady, that's Martha and Millie and my dad."

Brady smiled, and Harry said, "Come sit. A friend of Matty's is always welcome."

Millie said, "Is Brady the one?" Brady looked at her. "You know who you're having the party for."

Matthew nodded. "He and Lily belong together. She's a romantic, and her parents' love story started at a party."

Millie was another romantic. "Did they dance?" Brady shrugged. "Dance with her."

Brady shook his head. "I have two left feet."

"Rubbish, Matty, tell him he needs to dance with her. You plan to dance with Victoria."

"I hope to, Millie. Dancing is romantic, mate. We can teach you."

Brady said, "I'd rather go to the beach."

Harry said, "Dancing is a skill a man never regrets."

"I can't imagine my old man dancing."

"You're not like your old man." Matthew had heard Brady's father liked the bottle. "Come on, mate. Lily-Two will love it."

Millie laughed. "I'll be his partner."

"I want to." Martha whined.

"The point is for Brady to win Lily's heart back, not pick one of you. Martha, you can get your toes stepped on. Millie and I will model."

Brady was a smart guy, but dancing was a struggle. Harry watched and gave pointers until he called to his wife. Wendy had a towel over her shoulder when he reached out his hand and spun her into his arms. She looked twenty years younger in her shorts and bare feet.

The four from the younger generation watched. The couple had an intimacy. Matthew whispered to Brady. "There's Lily's romance." He hoped his parents would be an inspiration for Victoria.

His mum spun out of his dad's arms and took Brady's hand.

"The only dancing I knew when I met Harry involved shaking my hips."

"You were a sight." She stared at him. "You still are, love."

She smiled. "I learned. You can, too."

In ten minutes, his mother helped Brady find his right foot.

"Well done. Now we have work to do. Move the furniture to make room for dancing."

The work kept Matthew busy, but it could steal his worry. Brady was more relaxed. "Why are you calm?"

Brady shrugged. "Should I text Victoria? I'm worried Lily won't show up?"

"Brilliant."

Brady tapped into his mobile, and Matthew felt sick. Brady smiled.

"What?" Matthew didn't think he'd survive the day.

"Lily told her she didn't want to go without her." He tapped. "Come. I miss my Tiger Lily."

If it weren't so important, Matthew would feel bad about manipulating Lily to convince Victoria.

After the longest day of his life, they returned to his apartment to shower and shave. For a baby face, Brady always needed a shave. Matthew often had scruff, but he wanted to dance with his smooth cheek against Victoria's silky skin.

Brady dressed in flat front tan shorts and a light pink button-down shirt. He wore soft, light leather shoes with laces. The soles looked like trainers, and they were the kind one might wear on a boat.

Matthew wore long white trousers and a blue short-sleeved button-down shirt. On his feet were grey loafers with a similar thicker sole.

Brady said, "They'd be crazy to turn us down."

Matthew frowned as he looked at his mobile. "I texted Lily, and she hasn't responded."

"Come on, mate. Let's go." Brady patted him on the back.

They arrived with the first guests. Matthew had seen the couple, but didn't know them.

His mother rushed to them. "Matthew, do you know the Doctors Drake? Nora saved us. This is our son."

He greeted the older couple, but he smiled and walked away when he heard the word grandchildren. He and Brady stood side-by-side watching and waiting.

Brady sipped a beer, but Matthew chose not to drink. If Victoria didn't show up, there was plenty of drink so he could get pissed. He looked at his phone. Still no text from Lily.

His Mum enjoyed her role as hostess. On the patio, his sisters looked beautiful. Martha wore a sophisticated white dress which could be worn to a garden party. Millie looked like a ray of sunshine in a yellow dress. They were both beautiful and graciously chatting with guests.

To his surprise, Victoria's parents walked toward him.

"Matthew, how are you?"

"Been better. How is she?"

Becka said, "Confused."

He didn't know if it was good or bad. John's face gave nothing away. Matthew's gut felt sour as he found words. "I didn't know you were coming."

Becka smiled. "Harry invited us when your parents stopped by."

"Stopped by?"

She nodded. "Your mother spent some time upstairs. I was excited to come because of your plan. Oh, I forgot the acronym."

"OTL." He felt dazed. "My Mum never mentioned meeting Vic."

"They had tea. Megan's invited too. She was inside this house when Alex built it."

Becka pointed to the man married to Rick's daughter. Matthew nodded. He wanted to ask if Victoria was coming. Before he could, his mum's voice caught his attention. She greeted someone.

Brady poked him, but he only saw two Lilies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 267 68
"Our eyes meet and I forget how to breathe. Worlds change when eyes meet. It's in the eyes. Always the eyes. Eye contact is a dangerous, dangerous th...
1.3K 226 26
Lily Clark is just your normal 17 year old, from California. Her mom and dad is divorced and like you guessed it, she lives with her mother. Her moth...
166 4 13
What would you do if you were stuck on an island with someone you don't like for an entire summer? Read Julys and goodbyes and find out what Bethany...
4.1K 315 47
Heart broken from finding out about her husband's secret life, Kat moves back home to the heart of England to start again. With a new job and new fri...