Burning Desire ✔︎

By Alpine_21

"Why won't you let me in Alexis!" He yelled. "Because! If I do you might find a way into my broken life...."... More

Authors Note
Character Aesthetics
Playlist
1- What the H E double hockey stick am i doing here
2- Why is she running away
3 - You Catch MY Drift
4 - Don't Come Looking For Me Im Moving To Russia
5 - Oppisites Attract
6 - One Date
7 - You My Friend Are Whipped
8 - Do You Trust Me
9 - His Lucky Charm
10 - He has a What!
11 - A Daily Thing
12 - Why Me
13 - Just The Light You've Been Looking For
14 - Send Me To An Early Grave
15 - I Will Wait For You
16 - Effect Me
17 - A sign
18 - Im cuter tho right?
19 - One Step At A Time
20 - Just For Me
21 - Has A Nice Ring To It
22 - Don't Let Him Go
23 - Something Is Off
24 - New Beginnings
25 - Burned
26 - Close to Him
27 - Whiskey Neat
28 - Baby Steps
29 - He is Perfect
30 - No Funny Business
31 - Home
32 - What is He up To
33 - Rest of My Life
34 - Speaking of Love
35 - Back in your arms
36 - Spotlight
37 - Your Perfect
38 - Waited So Long
39 - The Most Important Part
40 - Forever With Me
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1 - Telling Him
Bonus Chapter 2 - Last Piece Of The Pie
Bonus - Q&A
Author Note
New Book! NOW ON HOLD
RISKING IT ALL

Prolouge

8.5K 97 8
By Alpine_21

A few months ago in Los Angeles, I found myself in the midst of the glitz and glamour that surrounded Hollywood. It was my home, and I had become accustomed to rubbing shoulders with celebrities. The initial shock of meeting famous people had worn off over time, and now I had a rather monotonous reaction to such encounters. That was until I met Will Clements, a name that meant nothing to me until my fan-girling best friend, Chloe, came out of her shock long enough to inform me of his status as a celebrity.

In Los Angeles, football was a big deal. So, when a significant game rolled around, it was almost expected that I would be invited to a lavish party to celebrate. As someone who knew next to nothing about sports, let alone football, these gatherings held little appeal for me. However, being best friends with an influencer like Chloe meant that I had to adapt to her world. I found myself connected to everything and anything through social media, though I ensured my accounts remained private.

On this particular occasion, I sat at a random person's house during a football celebration, engrossed in a good book on my Kindle. Chloe was living it up while I played the role of the designated driver. It wasn't too bad, though. My attention was abruptly brought back to reality when a deep voice rumbled above me, interrupting my reading.

"Well, hello there, little lady. Can I get you a drink?" the voice said.

I glanced up to find a tall, blonde man towering over me, drink in hand. I let out a sigh inwardly, not particularly thrilled about fending off weirdos tonight.

"Not interested," I said curtly, rolling my eyes.

"Aw, come on, doll. You didn't even give me a chance," he persisted.

Before I could respond, another voice chimed in, rescuing me from the situation.

"Carter, stop bothering the girl. Can't you see she's not interested?" the newcomer said.

I turned my head to get a look at the person who had come to my rescue. He was a handsome brunette, with soft brown eyes and a chiseled jawline adorned with a hint of stubble.

Carter, the blonde guy I now knew by name, grumbled something and walked off.

"Sorry about him, he loves to flirt," the brown-haired guy said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it. I can handle a few creeps. No offense to your friend, though," I replied, finally able to relax a little.

He took a seat next to me on the couch and laughed. "He'll be fine."

"I'm Will, by the way. Will Clements," he introduced himself with a charming grin.

Great, I thought to myself. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the night talking to a person I just met. Thankfully, the conversation didn't get a chance to develop further as a heavily intoxicated girl started dancing on a table, capturing everyone's attention.

A quick glance confirmed that the girl was, in fact, Chloe. Panic washed over me. I needed to intervene before things got out of hand.

"Well, sorry, Will, but I have to go. My friend had a little too much to drink," I explained, already making my way toward Chloe.

"I can drive you guys home. You can sit in the back and take care of your friend," he offered, his genuine concern evident.

"Stranger danger, remember? I don't get into the car with a man I just met," I replied with a wry smile.

"Can I at least get your name?" Will asked, hopeful.

"Alexis," I answered, keeping my guard up.

With that, I hurried off to get Chloe.

***

With Chloe still in tow, I made my way through the crowded room, weaving through the enthusiastic football fans and dodging partygoers who were clearly enjoying the festivities a little too much. It wasn't easy maneuvering through the chaos, but I was determined to get Chloe home safely.

As we finally reached the car, I carefully helped Chloe into the passenger seat, making sure she was as comfortable as possible. She was already fast asleep, oblivious to the world around her. I sighed, knowing that I would have to deal with the aftermath of her wild night once she woke up.

As I closed the car door, Will leaned against the vehicle, a concerned expression on his face. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you both home? I don't mind. It's the least I can do after Carter's antics."

I appreciated his offer, but the walls I had built around myself made it hard for me to accept help from anyone, especially someone I barely knew. "I appreciate the gesture, Will, but I've got it covered. I've taken care of Chloe countless times before. This isn't new for me."

Will's eyes lingered on me for a moment before he nodded, understanding evident in his gaze. "Alright, if you're sure. Just be careful, okay?."

I gave him a small smile, appreciating his concern. "Thanks, Will. I'll keep that in mind. Take care."

With that, I closed the car door and walked around to the driver's side. As I settled into the driver's seat, I glanced back at Will, who was still watching us with a thoughtful expression. I started the car and pulled away, leaving the party behind.

The drive back to Chloe's place was quiet, save for the occasional snore from Chloe in the passenger seat. My mind wandered as the city lights blurred by, contemplating the events of the evening. Meeting Will had been unexpected, and I couldn't deny that there was a certain magnetic pull about him. But my past experiences had left me guarded and cautious, unwilling to let anyone break down the walls I had built around myself.

Arriving at Chloe's apartment, I carefully helped her out of the car and into her place. I laid her down on her bed and left a glass of water and pain medication on her bedside table, knowing she would need it in the morning. With one last glance, I closed her bedroom door and retreated to the living room, needing a moment of solitude.

As I sank onto the couch, a mix of emotions washed over me. I couldn't deny the curiosity sparked by Will's presence, but I was also apprehensive about allowing someone new into my life. The scars from my past relationship were still healing, a constant reminder of the pain I had endured.

Lost in my thoughts, I found myself reaching for my phone and scrolling through the familiar digital world that had become a significant part of my life. Social media platforms held a strange allure, connecting me to a world I had never imagined being a part of. Yet, I couldn't help but feel a sense of detachment, as if I was an observer rather than an active participant.

The memories of heartbreak and betrayal flashed before me, urging me to keep my guard up, to protect myself from potential pain. But as I glanced at the untouched book lying on the coffee table, I realized that maybe it was time to let go of my self-imposed limitations. Perhaps there was more to life than the carefully constructed walls I had built around myself.

With a sigh, I put my phone aside and picked up the book, opening it to where I had left off.

in the midst of the football party earlier. The words on the page seemed to dance before my eyes, but my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Will and the flicker of connection we had shared.

I couldn't deny the spark that had ignited in me when our eyes met, the genuine concern he had shown for Chloe's well-being. It was a stark contrast to the superficiality I had grown accustomed to in this city. I had been so focused on guarding my heart that I had closed myself off from potential happiness.

As I immersed myself in the pages of the book, my thoughts kept drifting back to Will. It was as if fate had intervened, pushing us together in that crowded room. But was I ready to take a chance, to open myself up to the possibility of a new connection?

Hours passed, and the night turned into dawn. Chloe's snores had ceased, and I knew she would wake up soon, likely with a pounding headache. It was time to face the aftermath of the wild night and put my contemplations aside for the moment.

I entered Chloe's room and found her stirring, slowly awakening from her alcohol-induced slumber. She groaned and held her head, a clear sign that the hangover had already taken hold. "Lex, what happened last night?" she mumbled, her voice filled with regret.

I approached her with a sympathetic smile. "You had a bit too much to drink, Chloe. But don't worry, I took care of you. Water and pain meds are right here."

Chloe sat up, wincing as she reached for the glass of water. "I'm sorry, Lex. I always seem to go overboard, don't I? Thanks for taking care of me... like always."

I shrugged off her apology, knowing that Chloe's wild nights were nothing new. "You know I'll always be there for you, Chlo. Hangovers are just a part of the package deal."

She chuckled weakly, sipping the water. "True that. So, spill the beans. What happened after I went wild on the table? Did you meet any cute guys?"

I hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether to share the encounter with Will. In the end, I decided to keep it to myself, at least for now. "Oh, nothing special. Just the usual party chaos. You didn't miss much."

Chloe narrowed her eyes, sensing my evasiveness. "Come on, Lex. I know you. There's something you're not telling me. Spill it!"

I sighed, realizing that Chloe could see right through me. "Okay, fine. There was this guy, Will. He tried to flirt with me, but I brushed him off. He seemed nice, though."

Chloe's eyes widened, and a mischievous grin appeared on her face. "Will, huh? You've got to spill more details, Lex. I need to live vicariously through you since I was too busy dancing on tables."

I rolled my eyes playfully, trying to downplay the significance of the encounter. "It's really not a big deal, Chloe. Just a passing conversation. I doubt I'll see him again."

Chloe leaned closer, her expression full of excitement. "Lex, you can't let past experiences hold you back. Take a chance. You deserve to be happy. Maybe this guy could be different."

Her words struck a chord within me, echoing the thoughts I had been wrestling with throughout the night. Maybe it was time to let go of the fear that had kept me guarded for so long. Perhaps, with a newfound courage, I could embrace the unexpected and see where it led.
***
Chapter has been edited
xoxo
Alpine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4M 545K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
934K 27.6K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
262K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
94.7K 3.8K 45
#3 - not a cliché Kathanya has always dreamed of becoming a professional dancer, to cheer on the sideline in front of a full stadium coming to suppo...