His Little Neighbour

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ Who knew that her love was just right across the street ❞ Mashal Baig, 22-years-old. Everyone's favourite... More

copyrights
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
the happy ever after
gratitude

ten

8.9K 537 57
By ShabanaTheStar

The loud noise of the alarm woke up Murat with a startle, his eyes opened unwillingly as he searched for the phone but paused realising it was not his alarm but rather his wife's. The word wife makes him smile lazily as he felt something heavy on his chest. He gazed down to see the most adorable sight he could ever wake up to.

Mashal was lying on top of him, he could feel her soft snores and her inhales and exhales. Her long and silky hair was spread all over his chest as she buried her face against the crook of his neck making him feel goosebumps all of a sudden. She was so soft and his hands were wrapped around her petite waist, holding onto her securely. Their legs were tangled up and he had a vague idea of how they both ended up like this.

His wife's phone was lying on the coffee table carelessly, he stretched his long hands to pick that up from the sofa, making sure he wasn't disturbing her. But she sleeps like a log anyway. He wondered how can she sleep through such a loud noise. And what was the need for an alarm at five in the morning anyway? He couldn't reach the table with her lying on top of him like that.

"Mashal, wake up." He muttered huskily, trying to wake her up but she was sleeping unfazed, with her mouth slightly open. His eyes darkened as they fell upon her lips, the same soft lips which he kissed last night. She was equally wild during their first kiss and that made him smile knowing he was desired and wanted by his wife. She kissed him as though it was the end of the world and that made him kiss her harder. The memory was still fresh in his mind. He doubts if he could ever forget that in the first place.

And suddenly he wanted to kiss her again. Right at this instant. But the damn alarm was driving him crazy already. He hates waking up early with a passion. No one disturbs him when he is asleep.

"Mashal, wake up." He groaned, slightly annoyed because of the alarm which was so loud and he still got no clue why she wanted to wake up so early in the morning and suddenly he did. It was a facepalming moment for him as a Muslim to not know why would people want to wake up so early like this.

"Mashal, you should be praying fajr. Wake up." He felt worse knowing never in his past five to six years he had woken up in the early morning to pray. He had done that last when he was still living with his parents. Those were good old times. Thinking about his actions made him nothing but guilty now.

He did stray away from the right path a long ago.
Because of Eliza. The thought left him so bitter. But he didn't dwell in her thoughts much.

His heart no longer longed for her whenever he'd think about her. He couldn't care less about her. Nor was he hurt over what she did to him. Not anymore atleast. He could happily say that he has moved on and he was looking forward to what life has in store for him.

As he gazed down at his sleeping wife again, with her silky hair spread all over his chest. She didn't remind him of someone else anymore like it used to in the beginning. Someone else who is totally irrelevant now. Mashal was his wife and that's the only reality. He liked this reality better anyway. 

Yesterday was blissful, right from the moment he muttered his three qubools to taking her hand in his. And their kiss last night. It was all too dreamy and made him look forward to a happy future ahead with his wife. The word wife made him feel all sorts of things. It made him feel more responsible and he made a silent promise to himself that he'll treat Mashal fairly like she deserves to be treated. He'd never ever let his past affect the present or future. He will make sure it won't.

Finally, the alarm snoozed on its own snapping him back to the reality.

"Papa, two more minutes please," Mashal mumbled sleepily and continued to sleep, her hold tightened against his torso making his heart race. A chuckle escaped his lips as he gazed down at her. His wife was so adorable and he could just stare at her forever and ever, but the moment was broken as her alarm began to startle him yet again.

"For the love of God, please wake up."

"Meher, shut up. I'll wake up in two minutes," she mumbled incoherently and continued to sleep. Murat had a hard time controlling his laughter.

A smug smile appeared on his face as he thought of something, "I'll see how you won't wake up now." His voice was husky and filled with mischief and soon enough he heard her contagious laughter echoing in the living room and after what felt like an eternity, she was finally awake. Her chocolate brown eyes were throwing daggers at him.

"Murat... Stop tickling me, please" Mashal whined annoyedly, her face turning red due to anger. But her breath hitched as she realised their positions. Goosebumps raised on her hands as she felt his legs that were tangled with hers. And she wanted to hide somewhere after looking at her hands, that held his torso so damn tightly as though she'd fall otherwise.

How the heck did they end up like this? She wondered shyly.

"Did we sleep the whole night like this? On the sofa?" Her voice was barely a whisper as the anger was replaced with shyness and her eyes didn't dare meet his. But subconsciously she enjoyed how comfortable his arms were. Don't get her started about those muscles. Gosh! His muscles... She could feel them so well like this. Heat raised on her cheeks like it always does.

"I guess we did," Murat mumbled teasingly.

Suddenly her mind drifted off to their first kiss. She remembered how they kissed each other, like their life depended on it and funnily enough, the aftermath wasn't very awkward. They smiled at each other, hers was a shy one and he apologized for rushing things on impulse but she said it was okay and that she didn't mind. He passed her a teasing smile and they relaxed a bit and decided to continue with the movie anyway. The rest of the night went in a blur as they talked randomly about so many things. And somehow they ended up sleeping on the same sofa, with her lying on top of him.

"You should switch off that alarm first," he grumbled, snapping her out to the reality. A sheepish smile appeared on her face as she got up reluctantly and picked her phone, turning off the alarm quickly. She straightens her hair next and then her nightgown. It was still so unbelievable that they were married and that he was her husband.

A whole night has passed since their marriage and Mashal was still unable to come in terms with any of this, for it felt so unbelievably good.

Murat cracked his knuckles and suppressed a yawn as he sat straight, noticing which Mashal felt bad. He clearly looks sleep-deprived, she was too but it was a habit of hers to wake up in the morning every day and offer her morning prayer. But Murat doesn't wake up this early.

"I'm sorry," she bit her inner cheeks and looked at him hesitantly, he shrugged it off and stretched his arms whilst suppressing another yawn. He clearly looks annoyed and that made her guilty from within.

"I didn't mean to disturb you like this, I'm sorry for waking you up so early in the morning," she held her phone tightly and pouted.

Murat shook his head with a small smile, "technically that was your phone, but it's okay. I think it's about time I get back to praying fajr, I've neglected my duties as a Muslim for so long but not anymore I guess,"

As soon as he said those words a wide beam appeared on her face, "shall we pray together? Mama and Papa pray together in the morning sometimes. I have always dreamed about my husband leading me in the prayers just like papa does," She was so excited just by thinking about it.

"Of course we will, let's not waste any time. It's getting quite late." He replied calmly and so, they both prayed the fajr together, with him leading her from ahead and a content smile played on both of their faces at the end. They made dua for their married life and years and years of togetherness and happiness.

"Your sofa was big enough to fit you and me," Mashal said in amusement as they stood on his balcony later in the morning, watching the sunrise. It was a majestic sight. They found out the love for nature was the first common trait in both of them and they ended up discussing rain and how it disturbs people sometimes. The conversation wasn't forced or awkward like she thought it'd be. Things were going smoothly so far and she liked it a lot.

"I bought it for the same reason. What's the use of it when it can't even fit me properly?" Murat chuckled as he sipped her handmade coffee. It was delicious would be an understatement, "and your coffee is amazing by the way. But I don't drink this usually. I have protein shakes most of the time but this is seriously good." He praised her genuinely.

"Really? That's so weird. I love coffee and I can't survive a day without it. I drink five to six cups per day," Mashal said it cooly with a wide grin and he gave her an are-you-crazy look. She just chuckled softly in return.

"Mama scolds me all the time but I drink them anyway. Coffee is my go-to comfort thing. If I get happy, sad or annoyed, I always have a cup of coffee. It doesn't make sense but I like having it." Mashal mumbled whilst eyeing her bedroom window from his balcony, a nostalgic smile appeared on her face. Looking at her house from here made her feel bittersweet. Just last week, she was living there as her parents' daughter and today, she's someone's wife.

Crazy how time flies.

"I hope I'll become your go-to comfort thing one day, you can always come to me if you're happy, sad or annoyed. I'm a good listener, according to Chris." Mashal smiled softly at his words and glanced at him sideways. Their shoulders brushed slightly sending chills down her spine.

"I'll keep that in mind for next time,"

"So this is how I see your bedroom window every day. I would be hoping to catch a glimpse of your shadow before going to sleep all night and you'd always show up without fail." His smile became mischievous and teasing as pointed to her bedroom windows through his eyes, but she laughed before admitting, "oh my god, same. And you can only see my shadow but I can see you so damn clearly, just wait I'll show that to you when we visit my parents' place."

"Aapi!" Meher's loud voice startled them both. She was excitedly waving at them from the terrace making both Murat and her laugh before waving back. They could see her clearly from here. That's the biggest perk of marrying your neighbour, who lives right across the street.

"I miss you so much," her little sister yelled aloud with a pout, "I miss you too, Meheru" Mashal replied equally loudly.

Murat stared at both the sisters with amusement, "don't wake up the whole neighbourhood, you guys!" He was even more loud making both of them to bursts into laughter.

They were all dramatic.

"Look who is talking," Mashal chuckled at her husband while the three of them heard a familiar stern voice of Malaika yelling Meher to come down.

"Looks like your mama is angry," he added with a chuckle, whilst taking another sip of her coffee, "I think she is angry on Meher for disturbing us newlyweds," she replied with a smug smile, knowing very well that her mother would be twisting her sister's ears by now. God, she missed them already and it's not even a whole day since she came here.

How lucky she was that she could see them whenever possible.

"I'm so glad you married me, neighbour," Mashal said humorously as she took the empty mug from him. Even if she said it jokingly, it was the truth anyway.

"You're welcome my little neighbour," he winked at her whilst sneaking his hands against her waist, pulling her close to him. A hue of redness appeared on her face like always.

For a while, there was a comfortable silence. The birds began to chirp as they flew from north to south, travelling somewhere. Mashal watched them quietly while she felt his intense gaze on her face. Her hands subconsciously goes to touch it, wondering if there was anything there but he took her off guard as he placed his lips on her cheeks, kissing her softly.

"Thank you for the coffee," He said huskily and the mugs slipped out of her hands due to shock and shyness, shattering them both into pieces. She wasn't expecting him to kiss her like that. Her cheeks turned redder at this point. She doesn't even need a blush when he's around. But the shyness didn't even last for a few seconds as the glass pieces of the mug were almost about to hurt her legs, but thanks to her husband that it didn't.

"Careful," Murat added worriedly as he dragged her out of there making sure none of those glass pieces hurt her legs. She felt absolutely touched by his care.

"You didn't get hurt, did you?" He made her sit on their bed and examined her legs, she shook her head with an amused smile. Feeling giddy as he held her foot in his arms and scrutinized them. It was a ticklish spot for her.

"Why are you so careless? What if something happened?" He chided her and she pouted cutely, "it was mostly your fault. Your sudden kiss took me off guard. A warning would be great next time,"

"Don't look at me like that, otherwise I'll kiss you again," that shut her up quietly.  A shy smile adorned her lips yet again that morning. Her toes curled as she tried to pull them from his hold. He left them and stood up to sit beside her.

"I wouldn't mind though," Mashal mumbled almost in a whisper. But he heard that anyway.

Murat chuckled as he gave her an amused smile, "you're so bashful yet so bold."

"Do you have any problem with that?" She asked mock threateningly, "no, I love that about you. Makes me want to kiss you again and again." His cheeky words made her speechless yet again as she averted her gaze and played with her palms shyly. She didn't dare meet his teasing eyes.

"And there goes your blushing smile. You're so adorable," he added dramatically making her all red.

"Stop teasing me, Murat... We should get some more sleep. Our walima is in the evening." She stuttered as he placed his hands on her shoulders this time. The sun was up and it was very bright in the early morning. She was still so sleepy but her handsome husband took it upon himself to make her blush all the time.

Funnily enough, it wasn't awkward at all. She thought they'd take some time to be comfortable with each other but they already are.

"I'm sleepy too, more than you can imagine actually. Let's cuddle again and sleep, come on." He couldn't stop teasing her as the smug smile remained on his face constantly watching her get all giddy and shy around his presence.

"Murat," Mashal whined annoyedly but secretly enjoyed how he takes every chance to be close to her. It made her feel desired and wanted. She loved that feeling.

"Yes, Mrs Murat?" He added teasingly and she placed her head against his shoulders and buried her face with her palms, hiding away her face.

"You're so bad," she mumbled incoherently, making him grin, "shall we cuddle and sleep then?" He wouldn't stop teasing her at all, "Murat... Stop teasing me,"

Her reaction makes him throw his head back and laugh in delight. It was fun to get her all teased and shy. But he was honestly very sleepy and without a second thought, he moved to his place and swiftly pulled her along with him, placing her in his arms like how they slept last night only difference was she's not lying on top of him now.

Mashal could only gasp in disbelief. It was like she's a weightless doll. The way he pulled her into his arms just now surely made it seem like that. How is he so strong? She thought shyly.

"If you look at me like that, I'll be definitely kissing you." He gazed down at her teasingly. She pretended to be asleep by closing her eyes.

He took her palms in his and intertwined them together.

"Can I kiss you, Mashal?" She opened her eyes instantly and stared into his deep black eyes that were gazing into hers with an intense desire. There were so many butterflies in her stomach as she blinked in yes and before she could realise his rough lips were against hers, kissing her hungrily with want and so much of need. She ran her hands through his soft hair as he kissed her endlessly. They broke apart feeling out of breath and not even a few seconds passed before he kissed her again and again and again.

"I-I think we should stop," it was Murat who said that as he realised how fast all of this was going. She nodded in a daze, with her eyes closed, still in the intoxication of his kisses. Damn, he was such an amazing kisser.

"I'm so happy you agreed to marry me, Mashal. I hope I'll keep you happy and content," he kissed her forehead lovingly and she smiled softly feeling his hot breath against her face. Her heart pounded hard as he said those words. It sounded so nice to hear them, she hoped he'd keep up his words as well, but deep down she knew it isn't possible all the time. They were going to have their own ups and downs and they are going to fight as well. She sighed inwardly, just enjoying the present. 

Worrying about the future does you no good anyway. 

"Let's sleep," she shifted in his arms comfortably and placed her neck against his chest. He hummed, wrapping his hands on her, holding her close to him. Soon, sleep overtook their eyes once again.

They had this big, wide and happy smile on their lips throughout the time. 

***

It was his alarm that woke him with a startle this time. Murat groaned inwardly as he stretched his arms, searching for her but sat up with a jerk as he didn't find anyone on the bed. He turned off the alarm and looked around the room again but Mashal was nowhere to be found. It was nine-thirty in the morning. 

Was this all a dream or what? He wondered with confusion but sighed seeing his fresh pair of outfit set up on the sofa. He could guess who did that.

She had a good taste in clothes, he observed.

"Hey!" Mashal smiled softly from the kitchen as walked downstairs. She was making something on the stove. Something that smelled so good.

"When did you wake up?" Murat asked as he walked up to stand beside her, his hands automatically going to hold her waist. She stilled for a moment before continuing to cook, the blush on her face appeared as it always does.

"I woke up half an hour ago, thought I'd make some our breakfast," she murmured whilst placing the bread toasts on the plate.

"Mmm, Bread toast and salad. Healthy, I like it." He smiled down at her. Their height difference was so cute, according to him. 

"That's for you, healthy guy. I made pasta for myself." She grinned before switching off the stove. The kitchen smelled heavenly, "I'll taste some. It smells nice." He added cheekily, she nodded before removing his hold and going set the dining table. He helped her carry the dishes to the table as well. 

"And I hope you didn't mind that I selected your outfit for the day, mama does that every day for papa. I've always pictured myself doing it one day as well. If you have any problem, I'll not do it." She said nervously but stopped because of his hands that closed her mouth with a chuckle.

"Relax, it's fine. I don't have any problem with it. And you have a cool taste. I like it," he smiled affectionately making her heart skip a beat.

It's crazy how much effect he has on her.

She loved this phase where both of them genuinely want to know each other and work this marriage successfully.

Arranged marriages have their own beauty after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 2.8K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...
102K 2.3K 18
[Under Editing] *Ruthless Mafia x innocent girl* Sheza Khan youngest daughter of Kabir Khan, a minor gangster. . She is eighteen years old. She is a...
761K 28.7K 34
Book 1 of the Second Chances Series #43 in spiritual as of December 2017 #6 in muslimlovestory as of July 2018 All her life, Mariam Waseem had been t...
1.3M 50.7K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ β€’ Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...