The Demon King's Beloved Daug...

By arandomsecret

Freya Antinea Laphinia woke up from an assassination attempt with memories of her previous life. She reincarn... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
~Christmas Special~
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

6

17.8K 870 196
By arandomsecret

"Freya, did you miss me?" Andrew barged into Arche's office with a bright smile.

Freya jolted and slowly turned her head to face the door, she nodded before snuggling back into her father's embrace like a cat. She yawned and closed her eyes again.

"She was taking a nap." Arche explained patting his daughter's head. His smile turned threatening when he looked at his brother, "You scared her."

Andrew looked guiltily at his niece, he was indeed a bit too excited. He whispered a sorry that earned a sound of acquiescence from Freya.

"Don't be angry, okay? Uncle brought your favorite pudding." Andrew bent down and brought the pudding in front of her.

"...pudding?" Freya's eyes lit up, her sleepiness was washed away. "Daddy, can I?"

Arche chuckled at his daughter's antics and nodded. Freya's aquamarine eyes sparkled with anticipation as she took the first bite. This taste...so blissful!

It's been a long time since she had something sweet. Her recovery took a month, all she ate was congee with some boiled vegetables. She wasn't allowed to eat anything else.

The pair of siblings looked at her eat with delight. Andrew couldn't help it and bit his niece's chubby cheeks making Freya look at him in confusion. In the end, she didn't say anything and continued digging into her pudding.

"Where's brother Luca?" Freya asked after finishing her pudding.

"On a date, with the candidate. It's only weeks away after all." Andrew explained as Freya nodded. He looked at the finished pudding and took out another one for her.

Freya was delighted, but just as she was about to put the pudding in her mouth, a pink rectangular box popped up in front of her. Her eyes narrowed and put down the spoon.

"What's wrong?" Arche asked after seeing Freya's furrowed brows, she looked troubled.

"I need to go to the bamboo forest." Freya hopped off Arche's lap. "Daddy and uncle have something to discuss right? Freya won't bother you two."

Arche's eyes widened, isn't his daughter a little too sharp? But his brows soon furrowed, the bamboo forest might be her favorite place but why so suddenly?

As if reading his thoughts, Freya added, "I suddenly remembered leaving Mr. Lulu there yesterday. I'm afraid he might get hurt."

Mr. Lulu was her beluga stuffed animal that she hugs to sleep every night. She couldn't sleep without it, so of course Mr. Lulu was safely in her room but her dad doesn't know that.

Arche remembered seeing her bring the stuffed animal with her when they went on a walk yesterday so he was convinced. For her safety, the servants can only enter the main palace at a specific time. Since it's not working hours, there should be no problem

"Don't take too long." Arche patted her head as she ran off.

After leaving the office, Freya started running to the bamboo forest. She couldn't help cursing the system. It hadn't appeared for so long so she'd already forgotten about it.

[Task: Heal the Arctic Fox]

Time Limit: 10 minutes

Punishment: All desserts will be confiscated for life

Instructions: Head to the bamboo forest, use your powers to heal the Arctic fox.

"The bamboo forest is huge, how will I find him?" Freya complained as she ran. "And how is ten minutes enough?! Look at my short legs!"

[You will see him the moment you arrive. You having short legs is not my problem QVQ.]

Freya's rage made her run faster. Just as the system stated, she really saw a white fox lying in the middle of the wooden bridge. She hurried over and saw the horrible wounds on the fox.

The red blood coated its snow white fur. Freya saw how severe the wounds were and wasted no time in summoning the crystal butterflies.

Cold sweat ran down her body, what's with this wound? It hurts like hell! Pink flower-shaped pupils appeared in her aquamarine eyes as she concentrated on the injuries. This was the first time she used her power to this extent.

A small scratch or a normal wound was easy, but she had never treated poison before! Her powers were strong, she could heal any injury before the patient dies but she had to endure the pain. It was also very straining.

The butterflies that covered the fox shattered after the wound was completely healed. Freya sighed in relief as her legs gave out.

"This fox...how did it even get in here?" Freya's brows knitted together, her father made sure nothing could get in...maybe it's because animals are allowed? But this is the demon realm...

Well, she healed the fox, the task was completed. She sat down and wiped away her sweat. She'll return after resting for awhile.

Freya felt something furry rubbing against her arms and looked down. The white fox was whimpering as it rubbed itself against her, it was very cute. She patted its head as it nuzzled against her palm.

It made its way onto her lap and licked her chin, cheeks and lips. Though it was a little heavy, Freya didn't mind. She hugged the furry thing and buried her face into the animal.

After playing for an hour, she finally remembered that she had to go back. She let the fox go and patted the floor beside her. It was very obedient and came down from her lap.

"If you can get in, you should be able to get out. I'll be going now." Her eyes were gentle as she patted the fox.

Freya felt something tugging her dress and looked back. The fox was whimpering with folded ears, it had the expression 'don't go~' written all over its face. Did this work on Freya?...it did.

"...let go...my dad will get worried if I don't return." Freya said helplessly avoiding the pitiful gaze directed at her.

Freya pondered for a while and sighed. She led it to her room, "I'll be back later, be obedient."

She gave it a final glance and headed back to the office. Arche was leaning against the door with his brows furrowed. He saw Freya and rushed over to her.

"I didn't see you in the bamboo forest, where were you?" Arche quickly picked her up and hugged her tightly.

"But...I was in the bamboo forest. I returned to my room five minutes ago though. Did we miss each other?" Freya's eyes held confusion.

"I went to find you half an hour ago."

Arche knew his daughter wouldn't lie to him about something like this. Freya's eyes widened as she recalled the arctic fox.

"Daddy...I was playing with a white fox. That white fox is in my room."

Arche's expression relaxed after hearing this, thank goodness it wasn't an enemy. Arche was going to say something but a pleasant voice beat him to it.

"Princess, I'm not 'that white fox'." The voice teased.

Freya looked over to the source of the voice and her eyes widened. An exceedingly handsome man that looked to be in his early twenties stood there. He was wearing a black yukata with some golden embroidery on the sleeves of his haori.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Caiden Edgar Zayne. The demon king of the East." Caiden introduced playfully.

He had hair that was as white as snow with mysterious amethyst eyes that held mischief in them. Freya never thought she would see someone more attractive than her father in this life! Her father was already at legendary tier...

However, the thing that surprised her the most was the nine fluffy tails behind the man, as well as two fox ears sitting on top of his head.

Caiden noticed her curiosity and smiled. Arche who was looking at him shuddered, that brat was smiling! The cruelest demon king out of four was smiling with eyes filled with gentleness.

Arche quickly hid Freya from his sight and entered the office. He didn't forget to glare at Caiden. Caiden shrugged and followed after.

Freya tilted her head at her father, she was having eye candy, don't interrupt her...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 29.9K 41
After dying of a caffeine overdose, you find yourself transmigrated into the last game you played, a yandere otome game. Unfortunately, you're the tu...
66.8K 1.9K 32
Leia was a girl who lost it all, her life, her friends, her family, all she had left was her world. Well her paper, when she lot her ability to move...
471 214 27
*1st in sacrificial (18/1/2024)* *1st in egoistical* *4th in demom* *3rd in coldfemalelead* *1st in salariana* *1st in cantdecipher* *1st in unknownl...
7.7K 353 29
Siri Walker is a 26 year old woman and a lawyer. She is an orphan and lives in New York. One day after winning a case she was returning home with her...