Eyes of the Blood Moon

Oleh Gemmy4

Ella Marin grew up on the small island of Crocket. She recently moved back hoping to escape the troubles in h... Lebih Banyak

New Priest in Town
The Son Returns
The Seventh Sunday
Plauge
The Creature of the Woods
Crock Pot Luck
Swimming in the Sky
Addiction
In the Eyes of a Miracle
Night of the Western Sun
Moon Drunk
Pains of the Past
Shitstorm
Love on Ice
The Red Means I Love You
Darkness Hides Me
Remember We Are Dust
To Dust We Shall Return
Behind the Scenes
Free Fall
Delicate
Back on Track
Always for Her
Blood Moon Rising
Feeding Frenzy
Morning Glow

Will the Circle be Unbroken

383 22 3
Oleh Gemmy4

(Art above was sent to me by a reader who made their own version of Ella on the website Picrew.me. They used a template created by RileyDixonDesign. Thanks so much!"

*****

The church was just as packed as always, this particular Sunday morning.

Ella and Erin sat in their usual spot, talking quietly.

"Rumour has it...somethings going on between the Sheriff and you," Erin told her with a cheeky smirk.

"Uh huh. What kind of rumour is this?" Ella asked, unimpressed. Raising her brow at Erin.

"I don't know who started it, but apparently someone said you two were making out on a bench last night," Erin laughed.

"What?! No there was no one around, and we weren't even sitting anywhere near each other!" Ella denied, outraged. This damn town was so desperate for some action that they're willing to make up their own.

"I'm sure it's fine," Erin started before Ella cut her off.

"Wait who did you hear this from?" Ella asked.

"Dolly. I just overheard her talking about it," Erin shrugged.

"It was like midnight when we talked on that bench. There was literally no one around except..." Ella though back on the night.

The only person they saw was Father Paul...and that figure behind his house. Could it have been Dolly? No way, it looked like it flew, but it was also pitch black, it was hard to tell. Perhaps it was someone else.

"Don't worry about it, news spreads just as quickly as fire around here. But it'll eventually die down, and is it so bad? At least you can have the Sheriff all to yourself," Erin nudged her.

Ella scoffed. "We're not involved like that, and neither of us want to be."

"Maybe that's true for you...but does he think that? I'll be honest he seems interested in you," Erin implied.

"Hey you can't talk about interest. I can see how you're so obviously still into Riley," Ella said, trying to divert the conversation.

Erin took the bait. "No...no it's not like that with us."

"Are you sure?"

Erin looked off in thought. "I don't know. He stayed over last night..."

"Wait what? Really?" Ella asked her smile growing.

"Don't look at me like that," Erin blushed looking away.

"Erin when we're you going to tell me?"

"Were not together...but I won't lie, there's definitely been some...well something happening between us," Erin grinned uncontrollably. "He's been so sweet to me, and it's made me feel so safe."

Ella smiled, but she could feel a sense of sadness well up inside her. She was happy for Erin, but she couldn't help but feel jealous. Father Paul had made her feel safe, and now he was avoiding her like the plague. She wasn't going to lie, she had been feeling lonely ever since she moved back to Crocket. Then he came along, and saved her. Now he couldn't stand to look at her, like she'd done something wrong.

"Good morning everyone, today we will commence with Will the Circle be Unbroken in your red hymnal," Bev announced.

Everyone pulled out the books from the front of the seats and began to sing.

Warren rang the bell, as they walked down the aisle.

"I was standing by my window
On one cold and cloudy day
When I saw that hearse come rolling
For to carry my mother away,"

Ella looked up at the deep voice singing as he walked by her. Father Paul walked with grace, his head down. He seemingly glided along with such elegance, Ella felt her cheeks redden as she looked back down at her hymnal.

"Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky,"

Father Paul bowed before the Alter, as the music ceased, and he commenced his sermon.

And an intense one it was.

He preached to the parish about eternal life and second chances, raising his voice, and waving his hands. It became so intense, he was really trying to hone in a point.

Ella looked up at him worriedly. He didn't look so well. His face became paler as he went on preaching. Ella watched him, fear rising in her gut. He looked on the verge of passing out, his face had gone so white and his eyes unfocused. Just as he was reaching the height of the sermon, he collapsed, tumbling down the steps, completely unconscious.

Ella, as well as everyone else, stood and gasped in shock.

She pushed passed Erin and ran up to him, lying on the ground, as people murmured.

Her heart was racing, as people watched anxiously. She gently put her hand to his neck, searching for his pulse.

A rush of relief came over her, feeling it still was there. However he had gone completely unconscious, and wasn't responding.

"Someone call Dr. Gunning," she told the crowd.

Bev came over as people filed out of the church in a frenzy.

"You can go Marin," she hissed.

Ella scowled and shook her head. "I'm staying till Sarah arrives."

"We don't want nor need you here. This is none of your business. Now go run off with the Sharif."

Ella felt the rage build up inside her. Unable to control it she slapped Bev's hand away from Father Paul.

"Don't you dare call him that!" She shouted. Glaring back into Bev's snakelike eyes.

Before Bev had the chance to retaliate, someone called her out of the church.

She stood up cooly, and scoffed as she stalked away.

Ella watched her go, breathing heavily with anger.

She felt Paul stir, and quickly turned her attention back towards him.

Her anger immediately calmed as her gaze fell upon his soft, peaceful expression. For a man who just tumbled down the stairs, he looked so at ease. He always seemed at ease to Ella. A hint of carefree recklessness was hidden behind his charming, friendly persona.

He stirred again, wincing in his rest.

Ella gently placed her hand on his temple, her thumb resting right by his eye.

His eyes flickered open, looking back up at her, leaning over his face.

The immediate recognition and happiness lit up in his dark, magical eyes. He looked back up at her, peacefully. Content she was there. She felt his hands shakily claps around hers, they were cold to the touch, but soft and loving. It felt nice nonetheless. The corners of his mouth formed a small smile before Sarah and Bev came running through the doors.

Ella stood back and let them take him to the rectory, watching them go. She hadn't gotten her chance to talk with him, but what she did get made her feel a little better. Her heart fluttered and beat faster as she left the church, an uncontrollable smile forming on her face.

She walked back home replaying everything that had happened between the two of them since that first kiss. Lord help her, she was falling for him faster than she'd care to admit.

*****

The gnawing feeling in my gut is growing stronger, louder. This sick sense in my soul is making my entire body ache and quiver. My head is light and heavy at the same time. Weighing me down, yet lifting me to the clouds. The pain grew. Oh how it grew. I sit on my bed looking out the at the evening sky towards the empty church. I've been ordered to rest, by the doctor and Bev. My little room is cold and empty. It's lonely. In a few minutes I must get up and go to the meeting in the rec. But for now, well for now I long to be with Ella. She'd bring me comfort and joy. Her sassy sense of humour, and delicate touch. I craved the sensation she gave me. Desperately. Perhaps she'd be at the meeting tonight, I'd have to keep my distance, but I've got to see her. Staying away the past week has brought me nothing but pain and loneliness. I need to feel her lips on mine again, but I can't. Not yet. As much as I feel myself starving for her touch, I feel just as much another sensation. And unpleasant one that runs deep in my blood and through my bones into my very soul. One that will alter the course of this island, forever.

*****

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

481K 16.9K 44
"How long has he been hurting you?" There it is. The question I dreaded, but I promised him I would be honest, so I took a deep breath and answered. ...
305 0 33
"I'll just go grab my coat," she whispered leaning into his face as she slid her hand from underneath his. She strutted over to the shadowed coat rac...
879 7 10
He looks at me once more for permission. "I want you to fuck me with your tongue please." I say swallow his hot breath melts my skin he strokes his...