To Dust We Shall Return

(This is part two to the chapter before. It'll be short since the other was so long.)

Bev struts cooly into the rec centre, Monsignor Pruitt standing above Riley, watching him intently.

She wondered if he will feed on the kid, she wouldn't mind, she never liked the Flynn boy anyways.

But he seems hesitant. She realizes why, he's still got Ella on his mind.

Bev sighs. That...less than holy girl is ruining everything for him. She can see he's struggling getting past her, which is why she did what she had to.

"Ella will be keeping her mouth shut," Bev told him proudly.

He looked back at her, a little anxious.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

Bev knew better than to lie, but at this moment, he needed to focus on the Angel, and spreading the gospel at Easter Vigil. So a lie, for now, wouldn't be bad. At least that's what she told herself.

"I've had a talk with her, she's just resting at the moment. Though she did promise not to say anything," Bev said, lifting her head up higher.

He nodded and sat back down, seemingly content with her answer.

Bev smiled to herself, very proud of what she had accomplished. Ella wasn't going to be a problem anymore. She wasn't going to get in between Bev and Pruitt, and God's plan if Bev could help it.

Still the Monsignor seemed worried. She still had some housekeeping to do, get her plan on track.

"There's to be a blood moon on Easter. It'll dim the light, is this going to be an issue?" Bev asked, changing the subject.

He shook his head. "I don't believe so. Perhaps it is a sign from God, it seems fitting."

Bev nodded. "Very wise, Monsignor. I'll be back at dawn, to see how Riley is. Oh...and don't hesitate to give in, Monsignor. If it's what God is asking of you, don't fight back."

He started at her for a moment, his chin resting in the palm of his hand. He looked away and nodded, staring back at the unconscious body on the floor.

Bev didn't say anything else, she just left walking as proudly as ever.

*****

"You're awake," a familiar slimy voice said.

Ella glared you at Bev, a top of the dark basement stairs.

She sat on a cold damp concrete floor, in an empty, equally as cold and damp concrete room.

She'd just woken, her head pounding, covered in cold mud that was on the ground. She didn't know where she was, but if she had to guess, she was in Bev's basement.

Ella stood, clenching her fists.

"I always knew you were crazy, but I didn't think you were this psychotic," she snarled.

Bev didn't react in the slightest.

"I am only helping you, Ella. You need time to process what you've seen, and come to the same conclusion as the rest of us, Monsignor Pruitt is only trying to save us."

Ella shook her head. "No, you've influenced him, I know it. I will kill you for what your doing to him!"

Bev chuckled. "It's okay darling, I won't take it personally. I understand you are confused. Have faith, the lord is doing the best for all of us, and he has chosen your little lover to work through. Isn't it amazing? You need to be supportive, and until you are, you will stay here to...think."

Ella glared at her, ready to rush up the steps. "I won't let you control me, or him, Bev. I know what you're capable of. And I know there is no way your doing this for God, you've always been doing it for yourself. You're a selfish coward Bev. And soon everyone will see that."

Bev just stared back at her.

"See you at Easter," she smirked, slamming the door.

Ella rushed up the stairs, trying to push the door open but it wouldn't budge.

Her head pounded, as her knees gave out and she tumbled back down the stairs.

*crack*