The Mist - Thomas and Friends...

By BenGamer2496

1995 was a rough year for Sodor. A mysterious sickness was spreading all around Europe and no none cure was... More

1
2
3
5
6
7

4

252 1 0
By BenGamer2496

As Gordon bashed through the shed doors, he broke the doors open and engines and their crews quickly coupled up to Thomas and sped away as fast as they could.

"Bye, Bye! See you around!" Bragged Percy.

As the engines continued down the line, they figured they had lost their hunters, but soon they would be forced to fill up on coal and water at Tidmouth Station.

However, as Gordon was filling up at the water tower, an unfamiliar whistle was heard. "Huh, who's that?" Asked Oliver. Soon enough, a steam engine rolled up alongside the other surviving engines. The engine was a London Brighton South Coast Railway E2, the same exact class as Thomas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 5, 1995 - 8:56 AM

Finally, a good chance to write.

Things just got very serious. While we were trying to find Stanley, things got very spooky as Thomas ended up locked in a shed and we had to break him out.

However, after a bit of commotion, the radios went offline and Dean was captured just like Stanley. I hope he's alright but I doubt it since Gordon saw several of his parts scattered across the harbor.

We had grabbed Douglas and sped out of the area as fast as we could. While on the way, we had to quickly stop at Tidmouth to refill on coal and water. When we were there, we found another tank engine named Anthony who turned out to be one of Thomas' last surviving siblings. After chatting for a while, he allowed us to take two of his vans because he said we needed it before we chuffed away going down the Arlesburg branch line.

After meeting the other survivor, we passed through Elsbridge and went down the main line. Percy then shouted as he saw several animal like creatures rushing towards them. Thankfully, Gordon was fast enough to try to get away from these creatures but it wasn't fast enough as they seemed to be far faster than us.

It was like a regular human trying to outrun an alligator on land. However, Nolan had a gun with him and he gave it to me to protect the rest of the team.

The engines were going as fast as they could but one of them had almost caught up to Percy and grabbed him but I managed to shoot it in it's chest. That managed to get the rest of the creatures to retreat.

We managed to escape from those things yet we split off from the mainline and found ourselves heading down the line.

Oliver told us that those were the same creatures that attacked and kidnapped James.

We knew we had to get out of easy sight so we headed away from the mainline.

March 5, 1995 - 9:55 AM

It's been a while but we ourselves at Brendan Docks where we decided to check for any survivors. While exploring the area we found Cranky but he was already in the same state as Douglas, poor guy never stood a chance.

Sure enough we found several living survivors in the area, we first spotted Edward, Molly and Salty sitting inside a shed next to some trucks. A group of workmen were with them too, I counted around 15 people there excluding the people from our group.

Thomas was the first to ask what had happened, Molly told us that she was taking a goods train from Brendan to Knapford but was stopped by the government agents and Anthony, along with another blue tank engine that resembled Oliver, and was told that she would be taking the train to Tidmouth. While on the way, the alarms went off and she rushed back to Brendan where she, Porter and Salty took cover. As for the Old Iron, he said he was taking a passenger train and came here for cover.

I asked where Porter was and she said that something happened to him. Salty told us that he was in a siding and was completely consumed by the effects of the virus.

We decided to stick with them since we didn't want them to be taken just like James, Stanley, or Dean.

March 5, 1995 - 11:06 AM

I've just been so worried lately about my family and I'm not sure what to do. I figured that they would be ok but now that these creatures were attacking us, they must have been found by now.

I miss Linda and the kids and I just wanna go home. Anyways, most of us are taking a nap and Thomas is asking to drive him down to the water tower so I might as well do so.

March 5, 1995 - 11:12 AM

Oh my God, I literally just parked Thomas right next to the nearby water tower and then something jumped out of his water tank and tried drinking the water coming into the boiler.

I managed to snatch it and it started trying to get away but I held it to the ground. I managed to get the others to help pin this thing down.

I'm not sure what it was but it seemed to resemble an anthropomorphic fox yet it was completely covered from pink and white fur all over. The strangest part was that instead of a normal Fox tail it had a tail similar to a dolphin's. We decided to let it back in the water, but it ended up trying to get back to Thomas almost as if it wasn't going to leave his side.

We ended up taking it back to the shed as we got tired of trying to get it off of Thomas. We showed it to the others as they were surprised by what we had discovered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, y'all got lucky me hearties, he's a looker, nice catch boys." Said an excited Salty.

"Interesting find you two, but hey Salty I think he's a she." Said Edward. "She seems to be right boys, this looks like a female juvenile right here." Said one of the workman. "How do you know that?" Asked Nolan. "My friend works as a marine biologist." Said the workman.

"She seems like she was born only a few days ago, it probably got lost from its parents, and likely found us." Said Josh. "Are you saying that it thinks Thomas is its mother?" Asked Gordon smirking under his breath. "Likely,  yes." added Molly. Gordon started to chuckle with the thought. Most of the other workman didn't think much of it. While some thought of it as a good joke.

"If its actual mother shows, won't she will likely be mad at us though?" Asked Percy. Everyone who was laughing immediately took this into consideration and stopped giggling.

However, the group tried many things yet whatever the hybrid was, it just didn't want to let go of Thomas. "What should we call ye lass?" Asked Salty's driver as he was immediately cut off by Gordon. "If we name it then we'll start getting attached to it and it won't be helpful to any of us once its real mother comes along."

March 5, 1995 - 2:15 PM

We don't know what to do with the hybrid currently clinging onto Thomas. We've confirmed it is a female juvenile of one of the species currently running rampant all over the island.

The creature is currently sleeping in his cab. We've decided to try and find survivors on the Narrow Gauge Railway.

We decided that Thomas stays behind with Molly, Salty, and the workmen. His crew is coming with us.

Once we made our way over there, we parked the engines somewhere safe as we headed along the small tracks to find any engines or people.

March 5, 1995 - 5:10 PM

We've been searching for several hours and it doesn't seem like we've had much luck with it either. However, we did find someone rather strange. We peeked inside of a building shrouded within the mist and caught a peek of something green moving around.

We eventually managed to catch it, it looked like another one of those dolphin-fox hybrids. The elephant in the room was that it seemed like it could speak. It murmured something we couldn't understand at first but that's when it mentioned a monster of sorts.

We tried asking it aggressively but it got scared and cowered in fear. However, the creature answered back with a bit more courage. He tried describing the thing as fast, powerful, walked on legs like a spider, and looked like a train. It also said that he was hiding from the monster, so we decided to leave him there to not anger whoever or whatever else is lurking around here.

The mention of a mysterious creature lurking about the island shook me to the core, and so we decided to proceed with weaponry of all sorts.

March 5, 1995 - 8:34 PM

We've finally found the narrow gauge engines who were hiding in the main shed.

The strange part was that Skarloey and Sir Handel were missing. We assumed that those things had taken them.

Duncan asked if we were here to help them. We said that we would come back with the other engines.

As soon as we got to the other engines we informed them about who we had found. We made our way back and we put face coverings over their noses and mouths so they wouldn't inhale any of the fog.

Once we got the narrow gauge engines to an area where we could load them onto flatbeds to get them out of the area, it happened.

After Lucas exited Rheneas' cab, a wolf-like creature suddenly tackled him to the ground. AJosh and I raced over to him and managed to rknock-out the animal. We tossed the body into ta ditch, I asked if Lucas was ok and he wasn't too badly injured.

We managed to load the Narrow Gauge engines onto the flatbeds using chains to strap them in. The second we coupled the engines on flatbeds to Percy at the back of the line, we heard a howl in the distance and at that point we knew we had to get of there ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gordon immediately recognized this as danger and he raced away as fast as he could. Nolan loaded his gun and started firing at the animals wounding several of them. "GUYS COME ON WE NEED TO HURRY!!!" Screamed Rusty.

The Narrow Gauge Engines were freaking out like crazy, but Duke knew what to do, yet it would cost him a price. "I'm sorry guys, I'll be ok just go on without me." Said Duke.

"NO GRANPUFF, DON'T DO IT!" Screamed Peter Sam. "It'll be ok Stuart, just take care of the others." Duke said as he broke away from the chains as he flew off the flatbeds down a small hill as most of the figures went straight for him. "NOOOOOOOOO!" Screamed Peter Sam. 

There were still some creatures coming at them, Nolan fired gunshots at the creatures as each injury given slowed down more and more of them.

Eventually, the creatures retreated as the engines were safe enough to get back to Brendam Docks.

March 5, 1995 - 9:02 PM

We managed to get the Narrow Gauge engines back to Brendam, they were distraught at the events that had just unfolded before them.

We were chased by the creatures yet again yet we were ready this time.

Duke ended up sacrificing himself by detaching himself from the train which slowed many of them down. Edward tried comforting Peter Sam as Duke was one of his closest friends.

Even Duncan tried to comfort his friend, Peter Sam ,like the rest of us, could only hope that Duke was still alive.

March 5, 1995 - 11:15 PM

I was awoken from my deep sleep when I realized that the pink Fox-dolphin hybrid was lying down on top of me.

It opened its pink human like eyes, and was purring like a cat. I'm not sure what her parents would think about her being in our care.

I'm not sure what to call her but I've been thinking about 'Isabel'. The creature then crawled on top of Thomas' boiler and went to sleep.

Anyways, Nolan and I recently agreed with heading out to find more survivors and supplies tomorrow then try to escape this island the next day.

I can only hope things would go according to plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.4K 295 42
These are the stories of what happened on Sodor between 1914, to 1959. Engines that came to Sodor thinking that they'll never fit in, some knowing it...
4K 32 9
Dear Friends, After Gabriel was sent away to be repaired, Stephen and his father went to look for new engines. They found two and go and help restore...
4.9K 43 15
What if Thomas and the Magic Railroad was rewritten into something a little bit better? Note: Azul, unfortunately, does not appear in this story.
9.4K 126 14
You were wondering what happened in the 60s? Now you'll see the end. During Thomas' life on the island, he has always felt like it was a safe place...