One Night Stand (A Bucky Barn...

By TheRavynFire

After a night of heavy drinking Jade wakes up in a strangers room. A stranger that happens to be Bucky Barnes... More

Mr. Metal
Mystery Man
A Fallen Comrade
Stranger Things
Bruce Willis
Cold Showers
Self Defense
Throwing Caution to the Wind
A Proper Date
Suppression
Hostage
The Year After
Memory
The Talk
Revenge
The Date
The Date pt. 2
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: When Bucky Met Jade.
Bonus Bonus Chapter: Three Years Later

The End

3.9K 109 131
By TheRavynFire

A/N: This is the last chapter. Thanks so much for reading!

***

The politeness ingrained in me a little too hard by my parents had won out when I should have said politely told Tony 'no thanks' to his movie night and let Bucky take me into his bedroom.

Bucky tried to act like my politeness hadn't bothered him, like he had been more than happy to join his fellow Avengers for movie night if that's what I wanted; but I knew by his tight lipped smile and his tense shoulders he was not pleased.

Though Tony had been patting the spot next to him, Natasha and Clint quickly hopped up and offered Bucky and I the loveseat instead. Clint took the seat beside Tony, which made the billionaire frown, and Natasha joined Sam and Steve on the floor at Clint's feet. I slipped my jacket from my shoulders and Bucky took it, setting it aside with his. I sat first, Bucky joining me, grabbing the blanket throw from the back of the couch and offering it to me. I was relieved to have something now that my jacket was gone exposing my shoulders, and with so much of my legs exposed I knew I would be cold in no time.

It was Natasha's turn to choose a movie and once we were all settled, she started a romantic comedy that I had never heard of, but boasted about an overworked city woman finding love in the country side in the description. Tony groaned his irritation at her choice as Natasha smirked triumphantly and winked at me when she caught my eye. And movie night began.

Once the movie started Bucky seemed to relax and so did I, actually getting engrossed in the plot, the throw pulled up to my shoulders keeping me warm and my head resting against his shoulder. Or at least I'd thought he'd relaxed. He was the perfect gentleman until about thirty minutes into the movie when he turned his head, leaning in towards me, whispering low so that only I could hear.

"I don't know how much more I can take of this, Jade," warm breath fanned over my ear. "I can't focus on this ridiculous movie when all I can think about is how badly I want to taste you right now."

Heat flooded me at an almost embarrassing rate. I lifted my head, looking up at Bucky through my lashes to find him staring down at me with those lusty blues.

He leaned in closer until his lips were brushing my ear, his voice a husky whisper. "It's driving me crazy, Doll. I'd rather have you spread out on my bed right now with my face between your thighs." He punctuated his statement with a gentle squeeze of my thigh where his hand had been resting innocently most of the movie.

I gasped softly at that imagery, I knew all too well what his mouth could do. My heart started to race and the ache that had been steadily growing since dinner, that I was ignoring for the sake of participating in Avengers Movie Night, was throbbing impatiently now. I pressed my thighs together hoping to lessen the ache and moisture growing there, my eyes darted to the other Avengers who were somehow engrossed in the romantic comedy some of them had been groaning about before. He couldn't do this to me, not here, not now. We just had to make it through the movie.

"James," I tilted my head up towards him, whispered very softly in his ear. "Don't..." it came out in a pleading whimper, with no conviction. I had been hoping to deter him, and it was clearly unsuccessful.

"Don't what?" His voice sounded so innocent, his hand moving up my thigh under the throw, dipping between them, resting heavily there. "Don't tell you about how badly I want to taste you right now? Or feel you come all around me?"

I shivered. I couldn't help it. I had to bite my lip to keep from letting out the moan that had welled up in my throat. I couldn't take another second of this torture.

And suddenly I got an idea.

A way out.

I groaned, loudly, almost too loudly and too fake sounding, but I knew I had to lay it on thick. I clutched at my stomach, sitting up and doubling over which made even Bucky straighten with concern on his features. Natasha paused the movie and I was suddenly surrounded by the concerned Avengers.

"Sugar, what is it?" Bucky said.

"Jade, what's wrong?" Steve was asking.

"Somebody get her some water," Sam ordered.

"I don't feel well," I whined.

A glass of water was suddenly in front of my face, held by Clint. I took it with a forced shaky hand and sipped some. I gave another fake groan, holding my stomach again, Bucky took the water from my hands and rubbed my back.

"Where does it hurt, Sugar?" His voice was all worry. Even he thought I was sick.

"What did you eat?" Natasha questioned.

The rapid fire questions were coming faster than I could answer them.

"Bucky do you feel sick?" Steve asked.

"No I feel fine."

"Maybe we should take her down to medical," Tony piped up.

"No," I said quickly in a weak voice. "I don't want to be a bother. I just... I think I'd like to lie down for a little bit. Until I feel well enough to take a cab home."

"Yes, you should definitely lie down," Steve agreed with a nod.

"I'll take her to my room," Bucky said rising to his feet. "She can lie down and then we can call her a cab in a little while."

Bucky wrapped the throw around my shoulders before he was sweeping me into his arms wedding style as if I weighed nothing. I glanced over his shoulder as he carried me to his room, maintaining my weak facade.

"Sorry I interrupted your movie night," I called softly.

"Don't worry about it. There will be others. Feel better!" Tony yelled out after us. "Bucky, you let us know if she needs anything."

"Will do, Stark," Bucky replied as he pushed open his bedroom door and then kicked it shut behind him.

He carried me to the bed before setting me down gently and turning on his bedside lamp. Once the dim light came on I recognized the room, it looked the same, though much tidier than it had been the last time I had seen it after our drunken one night stand. Everything was nice and neat and I got the feeling that he had cleaned up before our date, perhaps in the hopes that he'd get me back to his room. Bucky knelt beside the bed, concern still all over his face.

"Can I get you something? More water? Maybe something for the pain?"

He was downright adorable when worried and I smiled at him. "James, I'm fine."

He looked genuinely confused, looking back at the room door before taking me in from head to toe. "But-."

I sat up, pushing the blanket from my shoulders. "I was faking it so we could get out of movie night."

"You lied about being sick just to get into my bedroom?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.

I gave him my best innocent look. "You were saying such enticing things on the couch...I couldn't wait to get in here."

He chuckled darkly, shaking his head. "What am I going to do with you?"

I didn't get the chance to answer though a long list of ideas raced through my mind. His lips came crashing down on mine, kissing me passionately. I kissed him back with an anxious fever, tasting his tongue, gripping his shoulders to try and pull him on top of me. He resisted, stopping the kiss with a hand to my stomach. I almost whined at the loss of contact. He gazed at me hungrily as he straightened his body, rising to his feet, slowly beginning to unbutton his shirt.

My heart started to race as I leaned back watching the material of his shirt fall to the floor, revealing his muscular form to me. He was a sight to behold, every inch of him, even where the scarred flesh of his shoulder met his metal arm. The man was beautiful. And he was staring down at me with pure lust in his deep blue eyes and I felt a hint of nervousness creep up my spine.

My god we're finally going to do this.

My expression must have revealed my nervousness because Bucky's face softened as he crawled over me, my legs parting on instinct to let him settle between my thighs. "Remember, Sugar, we don't have to do anything you don't want to do," he whispered, brushing his nose against mine. "You say the word and I stop immediately."

I had wanted this for so long and I had no intentions of stopping him or letting anything else get in our way. Including my own insecurities or apprehension.

His hand reached up and caressed my cheek as he looked into my eyes. "You trust me?"

I nodded. "I do."

He smiled. "Good."

He kissed me again and I felt my worries slip away. His mouth left mine, trailing down my throat and onward, kissing, licking, biting any exposed flesh he could see leaving me resisting the urge to squirm beneath him. He sat back, pulling me up to a sitting position so he could unzip my dress, taking hold of each strap with his long fingers, pulling them down my shoulders before my back was on the mattress again. He slid the dress down my body, my hips raising to help him, his eyes following the material until it was off my body and he was tossing it off the bed. I was nearly nude, save for my panties, his eyes roaming over me as he shook his head.

"What?" I asked worriedly at his hesitance, feeling my skin heat up nervously under his gaze.

"You're gorgeous, doll," he sighed. "Too damn gorgeous."

I was blushing until he kissed me again, in the same hungry fashion, but much slower than the pace that we had been at. His hands roamed my skin, kneading and appraising, and his mouth followed again, kissing its way down my throat to my chest where he paused to lavish affection on both of my nipples. I melted under his touch, feeling pleasure and impatience sweep through me. I was past the point of wanting foreplay. Between the cab and the elevator and his dirty talk on the couch I was beyond ready.

"James," I sighed when he sucked a peaked nipple into his mouth and his tongue swept over it.

"Yes?" he answered releasing my nipple and kissing his way down the valley between my breasts.

"Can we...mmm...can we skip the foreplay? I'm ready now."

He chuckled into my stomach, grabbing the sides of my panties, pulling them down my thighs. A metal hand parted my legs wide enough to fit broad shoulders, his breath warm against my inner thigh. "Someone's eager, huh?" He teased the inside of my thigh with his teeth and my hips jerked towards him impatiently.

"Please," I begged. "Haven't we waited long enough?"

"Then what's a few more minutes?" He whispered between kisses up my thigh, alternating between the right and left. "Besides...we have to make sure..." he brushed two warm fingers over my folds, spreading the wetness he found there before slipping them into me, pushing in and pulling out, finding a torturously slow rhythm. "That you're ready for me...."

"I am ready," I gasped. I lifted my head, catching sight of him between my legs.

"Still," he looked up at me with darkened blue eyes as he continued to work me with those long fingers. "I do believe I mentioned wanting a taste..."

Oh god. My head dropped back to the pillow.

I arched off the bed when his mouth closed over me, sucking on my clit while still maintaining that torturous rhythms with his fingers. The pleasure was too damn much already, a long groan echoing from my throat through his otherwise silent room. It was then I remembered that the Avengers were still on the other side of that door having movie night and could probably (definitely) hear us if we were too loud. I stifled the sounds escaping my throat by biting my lip just as the sucking turned to swirling patterns in the motion of something that felt similar to the alphabet. I felt the beginnings of a orgasm rippling through my pelvis by the time he reached G. Jesus who taught him that? My thighs trembled around his head, threatening to close on him, prompting him to hold them open with his metal arm.

"Oh fuck..." I gasped in a whisper, reaching down to anchor myself to his brown locks, the ripples threatening to turn into a full blown orgasmic wave.

Bucky groaned against me, his fingers speeding up. "You taste like heaven, Sugar."

"Oh my god," that came out loudly, a little too loudly but I couldn't help it. I arched off the bed again, my toes curling, free hand gripping the sheets beneath me.

He moaned into me, continuing greedily, J, K, L, M, the push and pull of his fingers. I was on that brink, the coil ready to snap, every nerve on fire. My fingers digging into his scalp and thighs trembling against his arm.

"You going to come for me?" He asked, pressing his fingers upward and right on my spot, brushing back and forth over it repeatedly.

"Ah...God, yes, James... please," I stuttered between gasps and moans. It was too much now, the pleasure taking over, my muscles tensing so hard I felt like I was about to shatter. 

Q, R, S, T

"James...James, wait..."

He grunted in a negative tone, continuing with more enthusiasm, the pressure from his metal arm increasing to hold me firmly in place as my body foolishly tried to run from the pleasure. U, V, W. The coil snapped at X, the wave crashing over me, pushing me right into the pleasure abyss. I managed to cover my own mouth to stifle what probably was a scream, stars bursting behind my closed eyes, my whole body trembling as the wave washed over me repeatedly. He didn't stop, even as I went limp, a satisfied moan leaving him as he worked me through it.

I felt him kissing his way back up my body after a moment. "Still with me baby?" He asked when his kisses reached my throat.

I could hear the smile in his voice. I hadn't managed to open my eyes yet. I still felt like I was floating on cloud nine. I forced myself to nod slowly.

"You want to stop?" He asked caressing my cheek.

Hell no. I shook my head.

"Good, because I am nowhere near done with you," he growled.

He kissed me again, his tongue sharing my own sweet taste with me. His metal hand was between my legs, dipping two fingers into my heat and pulling back out to repeat the action before easily adding a third. I cried out, arching into him, feeling my walls quake around his fingers. I knew what he was doing, he was trying to prepare me to accommodate the large denim clad erection that was currently pressed into my side. But I had other plans in mind for it.

Summoning up what strength I could find, I pushed against his chest, forcing him onto his back and crawling over him. He blinked at me in surprise when I straddled his thighs. "What are you doing?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.

His eyes widened a little and his breathing increased when I undid the button to his jeans and then the zipper slowly, never taking my eyes off his. "Returning the favor you have graciously given to me multiple times already," I leaned over him, peppering his chest with kisses, feeling the muscles tense under my lips. I reached into his jeans, and for once he didn't stop me, allowing me to handle him for the first time that I could remember.

Holy hell.

I had felt it multiple times against me, but touching it was a whole other story. I stroked him from head to base, feeling a bit apprehensive at how thick and long he felt, but loving the way he groaned at my touch. I released him, gripping the sides of his jeans and boxers to pull them down his body, Bucky raising his hips to help and kick them off. His erection sprung free slapping against his stomach, allowing me to see him in all his glory. Christ he's gonna split me in half.

I crawled back up the bed, taking hold of him and looking up to find him watching me intently. I hadn't done this many times before, but the thought of doing it to Bucky after all the pleasure he had given me, turned me on more than anything.

"Sugar, you don't have to-."

I shook my head cutting him off. "No, I want too." I licked my lips, slowly, my mouth watering at the idea.

Bucky's eyes darkened, his metal arm bending up to cradle his head in his hand. "Then show me," he ordered.

Another heat wave rushed through me at those words and I took a deep breath, getting into position between his parted legs. I licked up the underside to start, the flat of my tongue going up the shaft nice and slow until I reached the tip and closed my mouth over the head. Bucky moaned loudly, his fingers gripping the black comforter beneath him, his abs tensing. I sucked the head hard, tasting precum, before sliding my mouth over as much of him as a I could without him entering my throat. I barely made it halfway. I gripped what my mouth couldn't reach with my hand, stroking him in time with my licks and sucks, my own spit lubing his shaft, until he was gasping and groaning above me. Praises fell from his lips in a strained voice as he gripped the comforter beneath him with one hand.

I had never realized how much praise turned me on until this moment, I was dripping, throbbing and aching for him. But as much as I wanted him inside of me I wanted to make him come undone with just my mouth, to truly be the one in power.  I increased my efforts, determined to taste him.

"Jade, baby, please," he gasped, his fingers tightening in the comforter. "W-Wait- wait... I'm gonna...please stop."

I hadn't planned on stopping, I had intended to let him finish, but at his urging I did. I pulled off him with a wet pop, wiping my mouth on the back of my hand. "Something wrong?" I questioned.

Bucky huffed, shaking his head with a soft chuckle. "God, no, you were amazing. It was good. Too good. Please come here," he took me by the arms, pulling me back up to his body.

"Then why did you stop me?" I asked before he rolled us both, pinning me beneath him.

He smirked devilishly, warm hand sliding down my body before he was running his fingers between my folds, dipping them into my core again. "Because I want to cum right here," he answered. He kissed me again, hard and hungry, before pausing his fingers and leaning over to his bedside drawer to retrieve a condom, opening the packaging and sliding it on with shaky hands. He hesitated once the condom was in place, hesitation bright in his eyes.

"Promise me if I hurt you or do anything you don't like you'll tell me," he said taking his place over me again.

"I promise, but I know you won't," I whispered taking hold of his face. "I trust you, remember?"

His jaw clenched, but he nodded, lips coming down on mine again. He gripped himself, rubbing the thick head on my clit. I shivered, looking into his eyes. The hesitation and doubt was gone. He lined himself up with my entrance, pressing forward slowly. I tensed beneath him, fingers gripping the sheets beneath me, feeling the pleasurable burn of him stretching my walls inch by inch. It was just the right side of painful, feeling him fill me so deliciously. He let out a long sigh when he bottomed out, freezing above me, giving me time to adjust. I had to take some deep breaths to steady myself, feeling almost overwhelmingly full, the pleasure and pain mixing. I moved my hips in the tiniest testing roll, feeling a zing of pleasure and pain rush through me that had me gasping. I stilled immediately.

"You okay?" He asked in a strained voice.

My lip was caught between my teeth. I nodded.

"Tell me, Sugar, use your words," he ordered.

"I-I'm f-fine," I shuddered and felt another zing, this one more pleasurable than painful. "Move, please."

He drew back carefully and pressed forward again with the same slowness, our moans mingling in the air. The pain disappeared on the second thrust, the pleasure taking over when he found a slow sure rhythm of long deep strokes. My legs came up around his hips on instinct allowing him to go deeper, causing him to brush over just the right spot in me that had me gasping his name loudly. I could tell he was holding back, forcing himself to keep the motions slow and easy, his eyes shut tight, teeth clenched. But that wasn't what I wanted. I felt so full already, but it still wasn't enough.

"James... please... more... harder... I need it," I pleaded in a whimper, raising my hips to meet his next thrust.

"I don't want to hurt you," he reminded me.

"You...god...you won't," I struggled to get the words out. "Please, harder."

His blue eyes caught mine. "Yeah? Is that what you really want? Want me to fuck you harder?" He accented that question with a harder thrust, one that had my eyes rolling and my back arching.

"Yes, please, harder," I begged.

He gripped my leg, hooking it over the bend of his arm effectively raising my hips before he obliged my request, going faster and harder. At the same time he brought his hand to his mouth, licking the pad of his thumb before he was circling my clit in time with his thrusts. I came without warning, the orgasm hitting me hard out of nowhere. I cried out, the sound echoing in the room and was surely heard by the Avengers on the other side of the door, but I didn't care. I tightened around him, my body shuddering and curses falling from my lips as I rode out the waves of the orgasm. Bucky moaned in response, kissing me and stifling my cries and curses, never stopping the thrust of his hips.

I was already close again, the first orgasm never seeming to die down. Bucky sat back on his ankles, still thrusting, using my hooked leg to pull my body to meet each of his thrusts, the wet sounds of our bodies meeting filling the air. I felt tears welling into my eyes, my fingers desperately gripping the comforter, my legs trembling as I felt the second orgasm creeping up and threatening to take me over.

"Fuck, James," the words came out in a loud whimper as I came a second time, my back arching all the way off the bed.

"God yes, come Jade," Bucky growled down at me. "I'm so close, Sugar."

There was no time to recover before he switched arms, bracing himself on the bed for leverage and licking his metal thumb to reach between us to rub the pad over my swollen and sensitive clit. I was pushed right over the edge again, tears falling from eyes, more praises and curses falling from my lips between desperate gasps of trying to catch my breath. Bucky's smooth rhythm finally faltered, his body leaning over mine to capture my mouth with his, he gave two more shuddering thrusts before he was tensing above me pulling his mouth from mine to let out my name in a loud strangled moan.

His weight fell on me, his face in the crook of my neck, though he managed to catch some of it on his arms, not entirely crushing me. I laid beneath him, feeling drowsy and spent. I felt his lips at my throat, kissing softly, moving steadily upward until he was pecking my lips.

"You okay?" He asked.

I felt like I could slip into the best sleep of my life. I managed one delirious nod.

"I'll be right back," he whispered. "Don't you move."

I was sure that wasn't possible even if I tried. My body was effectively jelly with some bones. And I had no control of the bones currently. I hadn't managed to open my eyes yet. His weight left me and I could hear the sound of his footsteps walking away.

I must have drifted off to sleep because the next thing I knew he was rubbing my arm gently in an attempt to wake me. I blinked my heavy eyelids open sleepily, seeing that he was now in his boxers, offering me one of his shirts and a warm wet washcloth. I thanked him and cleaned myself up, slipping his red Henley over my head as he tossed the washcloth into the laundry basket by his bathroom. He didn't say a word as he lifted me into his arms so he could place me under the covers. I let him, coming to rest against him, my head on his bare chest, snuggled beneath his heavy comforter.

"I got some water here if you're thirsty," he whispered.

I shook my head. My throat was a little dry, but I had no energy to drink right now. I was ready to go right back to sleep in his warm embrace.

"You okay?" He asked again worriedly, kissing my temple, his fingers caressing across my cheek.

"Fine," I mumbled, snuggling into him further. "M'sleepy."

I felt him chuckle and his lips brushed my forehead, his arm tightening around me. "You're amazing. I'm so glad I met you, Jade."

I smiled against his chest. "I'm glad I met you too, James."

He gave me a gentle squeeze, wrapping me further into his warmth. It all felt too right, like the perfect culmination of everything that we had been through. We were finally together. I sighed contentedly.

Then I was drifting off into blissful darkness.

***

I didn't know what happened.

The last thing I remembered was falling asleep with woman I was falling for safely in my arms. It had been a perfect night. It felt like the start of something meant to be.

And then I was on the floor of my bedroom, on my knees covered in sweat, blinking up at Steve who was scowling worriedly down at me. I felt like I was coming out of a fog, though the adrenaline was coursing through me and my heart was racing. My jaw was throbbing with pain, I reached up with a numb hand to touch it.

"Bucky?" Steve said cautiously. "That you?"

I blinked at him. Who the hell else would it be?

"Wha... what happened?" I breathed.

Then I heard it, the sound of sobbing, my head turning to see Jade on the floor, her back against the wall with Natasha and Tony at her side. She was clutching her throat, tears streaming down her face, her eyes full of fear. I felt my stomach sink. Oh god. When she caught sight of me, her face fell and she looked away, mumbling something I couldn't catch to Tony and Natasha.

"We're going to take her down to medical," Tony said, rising to his feet and helping Jade to hers. His arm wrapped around her, drawing her in, shielding her from my sight as he moved to her to the door.

"Jade? W-What happened? Wait-," I stuttered, rising to my feet and trying to follow.

Steve raised his hands and stepped in my path, blocking me from Jade. I frowned at him. "Bucky, wait," he said softly.

I looked past him, seeing Natasha and Tony leading her away from the rooms. It was then I noticed Sam, Clint, and Thor at the door. None of them looked pleased. I knew instantly I had done something. I had hurt her. I had hurt Jade. Steve walked to my bedroom door and shut it.

"What did I do?" I sighed looking at Steve, whose face had softened.

"It wasn't you, alright? You had a night terror," Steve turned back to me quickly. "Let's just sit down and take a deep breath."

That was typical Steve. Trying to protect me. Trying to lessen what I had done. Not this time. "WHAT DID I DO?" I shouted.

Steve sighed. "We don't know exactly what happened alright? I just woke up to the sound of Jade screaming. And by the time I made it in here you had her on the bed and you were choking her. I tried to stop you, we fought a little until I hit you, hard. And you went down and snapped out of it," he explained putting his hands on his hips.

"Jesus Christ," I sighed running a hand through my hair. "I almost killed her."

"Did you warn her, Buck? About what you did with Dr. Lewis? About the potential for your nightmares?" Steve asked.

I shook my head, slowly. "No, I...I didn't want to tell her and...we were having such a good night...I didn't want to...to ruin it."

Steve rubbed his temples. "You didn't tell her? When you knew she'd be spending the night-."

"I forgot okay? Because when I'm with her I don't think about all the bad shit thats ever happened to me. I was feeling great. I was...happy so I forgot and for once I felt normal and I just fell asleep next to the woman I care about not thinking about the fact that I should warn her I might freak out and attempt to kill her in my sleep."

Steve's face fell.

"I fucked up. And she is going to hate me now."

"Bucky-."

"I need to go talk to her."

I brushed past him, grabbing my jeans from the floor and pulling them on. I grabbed a t shirt from my closet and pulled it on, not caring about my lack of shoes as I rushed out of my room to the elevator, feeling Steve follow me. Steve was unusually quiet while we rode the elevator down, my heart continuing to race until we reached the floor with the medical wing. The medical wing was usually empty at this time of night, save for the one on call doctor and two nurses Tony employed to make sure there was round the clock medical care available in case of emergency.

I found Jade in an exam room with Tony and Natasha, sitting on an exam bed, while Natasha rubbed her back and Tony stood guard near the door. Tony blocked my path the moment I opened the door. I felt my teeth clench.

"Easy there, Manchurian Candidate," Tony put a hand on my chest.

My fists clenched, but it was Steve who spoke, coming to a stop next to me. "Tony," it was just one word but it sounded like a warning.

"Jade doesn't want to see you right now, and given that I just walked in on you choking her out I know why," Tony said in a hushed tone.

My blood boiled. "Stark, remove your hand from my body or I will remove it for you."

Tony opened his mouth, but it was Jade's voice I heard. "Please, stop." Her voice sounded small. Hoarse. "It's fine... I want...." she cleared her throat, wincing in pain. "Can I speak to James alone, please?"

Tony frowned, looking at Jade who was wiping at her eyes and sitting up straighter. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

My fists clenched tighter and Steve put a hand on my shoulder, it was honestly the only thing that stopped me from punching his lights out.

"It's fine, Mr. Stark," Jade said. "Please."

There was a tense silence before Tony and Natasha were walking out, not before letting Jade know they'd be right outside. Steve was the last one out, shutting the door behind him. I turned back to Jade, finding her brown eyes on me. I stepped toward her and she flinched, visibly, drawing her arms up to hug herself. My stomach twisted into a knot.

"Sugar, I'm so sorry. You know I'd never-."

"You lied." She cut me off. Her tone soft, but I could detect the anger and the sadness.

I hesitated. "What?"

"You said your memories just came back. Spontaneously. Because you couldn't stop thinking about me. Tony told me that you went to Dr. Lewis and had him hypnotize you to get them back. And they all came back, including your memories from... before."

Oh. "Jade-."

"Why didn't you tell me the truth when I asked you? Why wouldn't you tell me that you did that to yourself? What you were dealing with? Especially if you did it because of me?"

"I didn't want to ruin our night. I didn't want you to feel bad about a decision I made. I didn't... I...," I sighed trailing off. I took another step towards her. She didn't flinch this time, but she wouldn't look at me.

She took a deep breath, shaking her head. "I can deal with a lot, James. I can deal with who you are. I can deal with your past. I can deal with the crazy Dimitri thing. I could have even dealt with your night terrors with some warning. But what I cannot deal with is you lying." She looked at me finally, one tear escaping her eye that she wiped away quickly. "You asked me if I trusted you and I said yes and the whole time you were lying, putting me in danger from you. The last person I would ever want to-." She stopped short and shook her head again.

The knot in my stomach twisted tighter. "I'm sorry. I just didn't-."

More tears spilled down her cheeks, that she wiped away with the sleeve of my red Henley she still wore, and then she was sliding off the exam table. "You could have told me the truth. I think after everything that we have been through together I'm owed that."

She moved for the door and I grabbed her arm, carefully, just to stop her. She tensed, but didn't wrench away, one of her hands on the door knob. Up close I could see the marks to her throat, the red idents of my hands on her skin. I knew they would bruise, they would last for days and she'd have a constant reminder of how I had lied to her, that I had hurt her.

"Jade, please, I'm so sorry," I stepped closer to her. "I made a mistake."

She shook her head and wiped at her eyes some more. "I know you did. And I really wish you hadn't."

She pulled her arm from my grasp and pulled open the door, walking through before it slammed shut behind her.

***

A/N: *hides*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 11.6K 58
**Warning: 18+, due to violence, sex, and dark themes** Another victim of Hydra. She was only supposed to be temporary, but one thing she discovers i...
42.5K 1K 8
You're the person Bucky goes to for a breath of fresh air, the one who's smile is the brightest, the one that has the softest voice. You are sweet an...
4.2K 101 9
Welcome to my first marvel fanfic! Very excite to write this and I hope you will enjoy it! Bucky and y/n pov You are brought to the compound by Nick...
127K 4.2K 33
These two college friends have had years to grow together. Each being the others support system, adventure buddy, movie night partner, and dorky room...