Little Red Riding Hood (Siriu...

By angelraeken

(y/n) and Sirius Black have been enemies since the day they met at the sorting hat ceremony. No one really kn... More

1 - The start of a new year
2 - The Boggart
3 - The Black dog
4 - Detention with Sirius Black
5 - Potions Partners
6 - Werewolf in the woods
7 - Quidditch
8 - The man in the window
9 - Hogsmeade
10 - Christmas
11 - The apple tree
12 - The Room
13 - The Prank on Snape
14 - Wolfsbane
15 - The Kiss
16 - Bruises
17 - Exam Season
19 - Mine
20 - A walk in the woods
21 - The Marauders
22 - Dancing in the rain
23 - A familair face
24 - Theodore Wing
25 - Returning to Hogwarts
26 - Research
27 - The Hogwarts Games

18 - A Lasting Memory

4.5K 156 197
By angelraeken

The coughs and groans from students echoed down and throughout the hall making it harder to concentrate yet you wouldn't let it get to you. If anything, what Sirius had done just before had flustered you more than the actual exam conditions did. A question about werewolves grabbed your attention, a small smile played on your lips as you let out a silent chuckle at the thought of Remus and the irony of the question. If you and the boys didn't get that question right then you knew the exam was rigged. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see James constantly making his hair messy, clearly hoping Lily was watching him when in reality she had her eyes glued to the exam paper. Sirius on the other hand kept making sure his hair was perfect whilst letting out a few childish snickers at some of the questions that related to your new friendship group. You'd done your best to ignore the boy but it grew harder when your mind trailed back to what had happened outside the hall with Sirius. 

Thankfully for you and every single student in the room, the time quickly began to pass and before you knew it, Professor Flitwick had announced that your time had finally finished. 

"Quills down please!" His voice boomed throughout the hall. Thankfully you had finished not so long ago, unlike Sirius who looked as if he'd never even opened the test. James yawned as he ruffled his hair, turning around to look at Sirius to whom he smiled at as Sirius gave him a thumbs up. You couldn't help but smile slightly at the two of them. James now turned his gaze and gave you a smile and a wink, clearly impressed with himself. 

Remus on the other hand was quickly checking through his answers, clearly on edge not just because of the full moon but also due to his exam paper before him although you knew he had done well. It was Remus, he was as smart as they come. Peter was somewhere in the hall, you didn't care where. For all, you cared he could have suffered a heart attack in the first five minutes and you wouldn't have batted an eyelid. There was something about that boy that you didn't like and you were determined to find out what he was hiding. 

"That means you too Stebbins!" Your attention was caught by Flitwick who was yelling at another student. "Please remain seated while I collect your parchment! Accio!" As he yelled all of the papers quickly made their way into his spare hand. If anyone was to walk in it would have looked as if it had started snowing. "You will all receive your results during the summer when you are home." He looked between you all as best he could. "Thank you, very well everybody, you're free to go!" 

Everyone quickly jumped up and sprang to their feet. You and the boys had done the same although you kept your eye out for Lily, hoping you could see her so you could talk to her and the rest of the girls but that was proving to be a challenge when Sirius Black came up behind you and slung an arm around you. 

"How'd you find that (y/l/n)?" He smirked as he towered over you from behind before coming to your side. 

"It was okay -" 

"See what did I tell you?" His hand went to under your chin and gave you a small tap so you looked up at him rather than the floor. "Knew our little genius could do it." 

"Our?" 

"Yeah, you're basically a part of the gang now let's be honest." 

"Is Sirius Black admitting that I am in your friendship group despite you hating the idea of me being friends with your friends?" 

"Oh shut it (y/l/n), I can always kick you out." 

"Not sure if James and Remus would like that." You smiled. 

"No you may be right there, think Peter would though."

"That's because he's a dirty rat." 

"He sort of looks like one doesn't he? Fits well with his animagus." 

"That's for sure." The pair of you walked out of the hall with James, Remus and Peter following close behind. "How come you never became one?" 

Your words made Sirius tense up ever so slightly, enough for you to pick up on it. He always seemed nervous when your words spoke about being an animagus or Kaz for that matter. 

"We've got Kaz haven't we?" He gave you a sheepish smile as you stepped into the sunlight. "He helps us. He deals with Remus and I just scout the area." He lied. 

"Sounds rather boring for danger seeking Sirius Black." 

"The forest is a pretty dangerous place." 

"Not really it's not that bad." You huffed. 

"Oh yeah?" He smirked. "Then come with me next time." 

"Deal." You said immediately. "Even if it's just for a little while, I don't want to leave Remus alone." 

"That's fine by me, speaking of him," He made eye contact with him as he walked beside you, Sirius keeping his arm over your shoulder smirked at the boy beside you.

"Did you like question ten Moony?" By this point, the rest of the boys had caught up to you both, Sirius' smirk was still proudly on his face as he referred to the question about identifying werewolves.  

"Loved it." Remus said briskly. "Give five signs that identify the werewolf, excellent question." 

"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" James spoke in a mocking tone. 

"Think I did," Lupin said seriously. "One: he's sitting on my chair. Two: he's wearing my clothes. Three: his name's Remus Lupin." Peter was the only one who didn't laugh. 

"I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes and stuffed tail," Peter spoke anxiously, "but I couldn't think what else -" 

"How thick are you Wormtail?" James said, his tone impatient. "You run around with a werewolf once a month -" 

"Keep your voice down!" Remus snapped. 

The five of you strode towards the lake, taking your bags off and falling onto the green grass underneath you. The sun was kissing everyone's skin as it landed on you all. There was a small light breeze that made the trees dance and twirl in the wind. It was rather peaceful well, that was until Sirius Black opened his mouth.

"Well, I thought that paper was a piece of cake." Sirius smiled, he was sitting beside you, looking at you and the rest of the group. "I'll be surprised if I don't get "Outstanding" on it at least." 

"Me too." James chimed in. He reached into his pocket and took out a struggling Golden Snitch.

"Where'd you get that?" 

"Nicked it." He replied casually. He started playing with the Snitch, he allowed it to fly about a foot away before seizing it again. Peter watched him in awe whereas you were trying your best to scan for Lily but it was proving to be a waste of time. 

"Oh relax," Sirius replied, his touch still on you. He'd turned his gaze from the lake to look at you as he spoke. "You'll find her eventually, you know her, Mary and Marlene they've probably all gone to get food or something."

"I just need to talk to her." You replied. 

"Oh, I know." He looked back at the lake. "I'm sure you'll get the chance." The pair of you watched the sunlight glide over the water in silence, the only noise that could be heard was from Peter who was gasping and clapping every time James caught the Snitch like he was some child. It wore on for about five minutes until you could feel Sirius tense up at every noise the boy made. You tried not to pay attention, looking at the group of girls by the water's edge, wondering if Lily was among them. 

"Put that away will you," Sirius caught your attention with his sudden tone. "before Wormtail wets himself with excitement." Everyone grinned except Peter who turned bright red with embarrassment. 

"If it bothers you." James huffed, shoving it back into his pocket. Everyone knew he was the only one he'd stop showing off for.

"I'm bored," Sirius spoke again, his hand reaching to the ends of your hair to let it wrap and move around his fingertips. "Wish it was the full moon." 

"Will be in a few hours." You replied. 

"You might," Lupin said in a dark tone, staring at Sirius from the tops of the book he was currently reading. "We've still got Transfiguration, if you're bored you could test me. Here ..." He held his book out towards you and Sirius but Sirius snorted at his request. 

"I don't need to look at that rubbish, I know it all." 

"This'll liven you up, Padfoot," James spoke in a hushed tone. "Look who it is ..." Sirius turned his head, then became very still, like a dog that had scented a rabbit. 

"Excellent." He whispered. You turned your head to follow his gaze, looking to see what they had spotted and to no surprise, you saw Severus Snape sitting under a nearby tree. "Snivellus." Sirius kept his tone as he spoke, his arm leaving your shoulder before slowly standing up.

"Sirius leave it!" You hissed at him like he was a dog about to chase prey.

Lupin and Peter remained seated whereas you got up with James and Sirius in the hopes that they would leave Snape alone, hopefully, a little convincing on your part might do the trick but everyone knows that there's a higher chance of Lupin being cured of lycanthropy than the pair of them ever leaving Severus Snape alone.

At this point, it seemed as Snape had caught on to the fact that the boys were fast approaching so he had begun to walk away but that wasn't going to stop James and Sirius. 

"All right Snivellus?" James spoke in a loud voice. Snape reacted so fast, he dropped his bag and plunged into his robe pocket to pull out his wand and raise it into the air but James was faster. "Expelliarmus!" Snape's wand flew several feet in the air and landed a few feet away from behind him. Sirius let out a bark of laughter at the sight of the Slytherin boy. "Impedimenta!" He yelled again which caused Snape to fall as he tried to dive for his wand. 

Students had heard the commotion and began to surround and join the affair. Snape was laying on the ground, panting with fear as both boys walked towards him with their wands raised. Even Peter and Lupin had joined the crowd. 

"Sirius drop it!" You hissed again. 

"How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" James spoke. 

"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment," Sirius ignored you as he spoke in a vicious tone. "There'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word." A roar of laughter came from the students who were watching on. 

"Sirius leave him -" You never got to finish before Sirius turned around and grabbed your arm. He pulled you into his chest so your noses were almost touching but his expression wasn't suggestive, it was cold. 

"You might be in our little friendship group now but there's something you haven't quite come to terms with." His grip tightened on your arm. "Stay out of the way when it comes to him. He isn't worth defending (y/n). Keep your pretty little mouth shut and out of this business that you were never a part of." He shoved you back slightly into the crowd before he turned to Snape who was still panting as he spoke. 

"You - wait," He stared up at James as he spoke. "you wait -" 

"Wait for what?" Sirius snapped. "What're you going to do Snivelly, wipe your nose on us?"

Snape let out a string of swear words and hexes yet with his wand out of his grasp they died in the air, nothing happened, his words were useless. 

"Wash out your mouth," James spoke coldly, "Scourgify!" As he spoke pink soak bubbles streamed from Snape's mouth at once, the froth was covering his lips making him gag, choking him -

"Leave him ALONE!" A booming voice made the two Gryffindor boys jump, nearly losing their wands as they did so.  You on the other hand knew that voice anywhere, it was Lily Evans. The moment James caught sight of her he ran a hand through his hair before clearing his throat. 

"All right Evans?" His voice changed slightly, almost like he tried to make himself sound more mature. 

"Leave him alone," Lily repeated, she was glaring at James like he'd done something unspeakable. "What's he done to you?"

"Well ... it's more the fact that he exists if you know what I mean ..." Many of the students around you burst out laughing apart from you, Lily and Remus who was still trying to read his book and ignore what was happening. 

"You think you're funny," Her words were cold as she spoke. "But you're just an arrogant, bullying toerag, Potter. Leave him alone."

"I will if you go out with me, Evans," James said fast. "Go on ... go out with me and I'll never lay a wand on old Snivelly again." Behind Lily, the Impediment Jinx was beginning to wear off Snape. He was slowly making his way towards his wand, hoping he could do some more damage to James and Sirius. 

"I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid!" She almost yelled.

"Bag luck Prongs," Sirius nearly laughed but Snape, who now had his wand in his hand, caught his attention. "OI!" But it was too late, Snape directed his wand towards James, there was a flash of light and a gash appeared on the side of James's face, spattering his robes with blood. James clutched his wand tight and another flash of light and now you all looked river to see Snape hanging upside down in the air. Students in the crowd cheered once again yet Lily looked livid. 

"Let him down!" She screeched but James only gave her a sly smile. 

"Certainly," James said, he moved his wand upwards, Snape fell into a crumpled pile on the ground. He quickly detangled himself from his robes and quickly got to his feet, wand up but Sirius was quick. 

"Petrificus Totalus!" Snape fell once again, rigid as a broom. At this point, you'd had enough. Pushing past Sirius you held your wand up to his neck, inches away from him as he quickly lifted his wand to yours. "Step away (y/n) before you make a fool of yourself." 

"You're the only fool here." You spat. "Look at what you're doing Sirius, leave him be. He isn't worth all of this."

"(y/n) you are starting something you won't be able to finish." His wand pressed harder on your neck making you take a small spot back which only made a smirk dance onto his face. 

There was something Sirius didn't know about you and that was that you weren't going to back down to anyone. Your mother was like that, she was a smart woman and a bloody strong one at that. She'd taught you how to take care of someone when you needed to. Sure, Sirius was physically stronger than you and he could have easily overpowered you in that instant but when he was caught off guard, he stood no chance. 

You returned the smirk and took a step forward, lowering your wand so his was pressed harder again your neck. You tilted your head with a smile. "Then finish it Black." Your words took him off-guard. He knew you could run your mouth with him but you normally stayed out of anything physical, he knew that when he fought his brother. 

"What are you planning -" Before Sirius could finish you lifted your right leg and kneed him right where every man would dread to be kicked. Sirius immediately doubled over, giving you time to snatch his wand out of his hand, too busy in pain to notice before you slapped him in the face. Probably not the smartest of ideas you've ever had but it had made Remus look up from his book so you must have done something right. 

"Good kick (y/n)." Remus smiled.

"Shut up Moony!" Sirius coughed out. "You fucking b-" You slapped him again which made him whip his head back, taking a breath as he tried to ignore the pain. He was now standing upright once again, his eyes staring straight at you. He took a small step forward making you jump back.

"Don't." You held your wand out towards him, tucking his away in your robes.

"(y/n) ..." He spoke with a dark tone. "Give me my wand."

"No." 

"Don't make this harder than it needs to be." 

"Harder than it needs to be?" Growing in confidence you laughed. "You forget I'm the one with a wand." 

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily's voice caught everyone's attention, she was holding her wand out towards James. 

"Ah, Evans, don't make me hex you." James gave her a small smirk but she wasn't having any of it. 

"Take the curse off him, then!" She screamed. James huffed and did as she demanded. He muttered the counter curse and Snape was set free from the pain he was enduring. 

"There you go," Snape started to get to his feet as James continued to talk. "You're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus -" 

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudblood's like her!" Snape screeched, anger spiting from his tongue.

Lily blinked. His words made both you and Sirius stop your little staring contest and the pair of you turned your heads to face Snape. James' face was full of rage, you honestly thought he was going to kill Snape. 

"Fine." Lily spoke in a calmer tone than you had expected. "I won't bother in future. And I'd wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus." 

"Apologise to Evans!" James screamed. 

"I don't want you to make him apologise!" Lily screamed back. "You're as bad as he is!"

"What?" James yelped. "I would never call a you-know-what-"

"Messing up your hair because you think it looks cool to look like you've just got off your broomstick, showing off with that stupid Snitch, walking down corridors and hexing anyone who annoys you just because you can- I'm surprised your broomstick can get off the ground with that fat head on it. You make me SICK."

"Lily -" You tried to follow her but she had other plans, 

"NO!" She turned on her heel, yelling which made you jump. "You're just like them! You go off and suddenly you're friends with the one boy you hate! All you did was talk shit about him and now suddenly you're in his friendship group? Suddenly you ignore us and trade us in for a bunch of pricks!" 

"Lily it's not like that, I haven't exactly had a choice recently -" 

"Yes you did and you chose them." She huffed one last time and stormed off. 

"Evans!" James yelled but she ignored him. "Hey, Evans!" But his cries didn't work. 

Sirius now had his back against your chest, looking over your shoulder and down at you before he spoke. "I think you have something of mine." You quickly turned around and pointed your wand back at his throat. 

"Fuck off Sirius." 

"Strong words from you love." He smirked. 

"This is your fault!" 

"My fault?" He barked. "I think you forget you're the one that has been following me around like a shadow for the past few months!" 

"Not like I had a choice!" 

"Oh, but you did darling -" 

"No, I didn't!" You lowered your voice so the surrounding students wouldn't hear before speaking again. "You happened to save me from a man who is out to kill me, we have spent the last few months in the same bloody bed how can I not be around you? I am here to help Remus, he's my friend. Not you." 

"Why? You want me to be more than a friend?" He smirked but you held your wand up again. 

"Shut up." 

With that you took a few steps back, slowly leaving the scene before turning on your heel and following after Lily. As you walked Sirius tried calling out to you but he hushed his words when he saw you pull Snape off the ground by the collar of his shirt.

"If I ever hear you mutter that word to Lily again then James won't hex you because I'll bloody kill you." Snape looked up at you with pure fear in his eyes as you began to drag him towards the lake before shoving his head into the shallow waters that touched the bank. Laughter could be heard from the students, when you turned around you could even see a small amazed yet proud look on Sirius's face. 

Taking one last glance at him you began to storm off once again but that didn't stop the Gryffindor boy from calling out to you once again. 

"(y/n)!" 

"Fuck off Sirius Black!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 223 13
Y/n is in love with Remus Lupin, but what happens when he brings home a new companion? Who will y/n turn to? That would be the one and only Sirius Or...
6.3K 219 21
Sirius had gotten himself into a situation he had not chosen his dorms due to circumstances and was left with his own dorm which wasn't bad. Until h...
60.6K 2.5K 24
Remus Lupin is the most popular boy in college. With leather jackets and motorbikes, he and his friends rule the school. Sirius Black is shy and quie...
12.1K 511 26
After taking a months trip to a holiday home near London to celebrate their graduation Sirius Black and James Potter find themselves unaware that the...