19 - Mine

You weren't sure how far you'd walked, in fact, you weren't exactly paying much attention. You still had Sirius Black's wand tucked away in your robes. You had to face him soon enough, you were due to face him in a mere few hours when the sun went down. Remus needed you and you weren't exactly going to abandon him because you and Sirius had a little argument well it was actually a big argument, you'd slapped and kneed the bloke in his dick.

Lily was far out of your sight by now. You'd never felt so alone at that moment. She'd turned her back on you. You guessed she had a point, you could have easily have seen her and the rest of the girls but instead you did stay back with the boys but Remus needed you. You stayed for him well ... that's what you'd told yourself. In the past few months, you'd grown rather fond of the boys. You'd even warmed up to Sirius at times and it looked as if he'd warmed up to you too. The boys you'd once hated once avoided and once despised had become family to you, as much as you hated to admit it.

Lily and the girls were still your family too, you wouldn't deny that but something about the boys just felt different. It was like you were destined to befriend them and you even had a small feeling deep inside you that the girls would warm up to then. Then again looking at what had just happened between Lily and James part of you begged to differ.

By now, you'd walked close to Hagrids hut. The sun was slowly disappearing behind the clouds and you knew it would soon be time to venture to the shrieking shack to aid Remus with his transformation. Which meant you would have to face Sirius Black. That was lingering on your mind but a friendly voice caught your attention.

"Why ello there (y/n)!" Hagrid, who was currently tending to his garden caught your gaze, smiling as he waved in your direction.

"Hello, Hagrid." Giving him a faint smile you walked over to him.

"What's the matter? Yer seem a bit down?"

"Just a little."

"Fancy a little chat and some tea?"

"Could never turn down that offer Hagrid." The pair of you smiled as he led the way into his hut. Sure it could be small but it was home for him and even for you it always looked cosy and homely. You climbed onto one of the armchairs seated in the corner, admiring all his little bits and bobs.

"Now," He began pouring you a cup of tea. "What seems to be the matter with ya?"

"I might have stolen Sirius Black's wand and slapped him ... and I also hit him where the sun doesn't shine."

"Well umm, that is a story -"

"I had a reason. He was bullying Severus again but then Lily got involved -"

"The Evans girl? She's a bright one."

"Snape called her a you-know-what." You could sense Hagrids sadness at your sentence. "He said she had dirty blood, I knew Snape was strange and a little bit different from everyone else but he liked Lily, well at least I thought he liked her enough to not call her that."

"Dirty blood? He ought to be ashamed of himself, how dare he." Hagrid brought the cup to his lips as he drank his own tea before he spoke again, clearly collecting himself. "Our Lily is one of the brightest witches we know, dirty blood ... no such thing ... there ain't nothing a pureblood can do that she can't. Nonsense ..."

"I regret ever defending him -"

"You didn't know ... but I always knew that boy was up to somethin'."

"Up to something?" You question, his words grabbing your attention. "Like what?"

"Well," Hagrid sat down, the fire in his hut burning away with every word. "He always hangs around those Slytherin boys ... Sirius's brother if I'm right."