Athazagoraphobia | SUPERNATUR...

By theunstableoriginal

Athazagoraphobia (n.) the fear of forgetting, being forgotten or ignored, or being replaced Or in which Sam's... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
one | pilot
two | wendigo
three | dead in the water
four | phantom traveler
five | bloody mary
six | skin
seven | hook man
eight | bugs
nine | home
eleven | scarecrow
twelve | faith
thirteen | route 666
fourteen | nightmare
fifteen | the benders
sixteen | shadow
seventeen | hell house
eighteen | something wicked this way comes
nineteen | provenance
twenty | dead man's blood
twenty one | salvation
twenty two | devil's trap
twenty three | in my time of dying
twenty four | everybody loves a clown
twenty five | bloodlust

ten | asylum

584 18 19
By theunstableoriginal

As Dean looked through their father's journal and Katherine started to sharpen the blade to her pocketknife, Sam said into the phone, "No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought if he comes to you for munitions, maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just call us if you hear anything, thanks."

Dean asked him, "Caleb hasn't heard from him?"

Sam replied, "Nope. Neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads in there?"

With a shake of his head, Dean said, "No. Same last time I looked. Nothing I can make out." After he chuckled to himself, he said, "I love the guy, but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."

Sam said to them, "You know, maybe we should call the feds, file a missing person's."

While Katherine rolled her eyes and scoffed to herself in response, Dean told him, "We've talked about this. Dad would be pissed if we put the feds on his tail."

Sam replied, "I don't care anymore." Just as a phone started to ring, Sam said, "After all that happened back in Kansas— I mean, he should have been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing."

As he looked through a pair of jeans, Dean said, "I know. The hell is my cell phone?"

While Katherine only sighed to herself in response, Sam said to them, "You know, he could be dead for all we know."

Dean quickly looked over at him and said, "Don't say that. He's not dead. He's- He's—"

Sam asked him, "He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"

After Dean flipped open his phone, he remained silent for a couple of seconds before he scoffed to himself and said, "I don't believe it."

While Katherine looked away from her pocket knife and over at Dean with her tilted to the side, Sam asked him, "What?"

After he sat down beside Sam, Dean told him, "It's a— a text message. It's coordinates."

* * *

While Dean typed away on a laptop, Sam asked him, "You think Dad was texting us?"

Dean replied, "He's given us coordinates before."

Sam said to him, "The man can barely work a toaster, Dean."

While Katherine did nothing but raise her eyebrows in response, Dean said to him, "Sam, this is good news. It means he's okay— or alive."

Sam asked him, "Was there a number on the caller I.D.?"

Dean told him, "No, it said 'unknown'."

Sam replied, "Okay, well, where do the coordinates point?"

Dean said to him, "That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois."

Sam asked him, "Okay, and that's interesting how?"

Dean said to him, "I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this." While Sam stood beside him and Katherine slowly made her way over towards where Dean was seated, Dean told them, "This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum."

Sam replied, "Okay, I'm not following. What does that have to do with us?"

Dean told him, "Dad earmarked the same asylum in the journal." As he looked through the book, he said, "Let's see."

It wasn't until he stopped at one single page that Dean said, "Here. 'Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths'— till last week, at least. I think this is where he wants us to go."

After Sam scoffed to himself and walked away from Dean and Katherine, Sam said to them, "This is a job. Dad wants us to work a job."

Dean replied, "Yeah, maybe we'll meet up with him. Maybe he's there."

Sam said to him, "Maybe he's not. I mean, he could be sending us there by ourselves to hunt this thing."

Dean asked him, "Who cares? If he wants us there, it's good enough for me."

Sam replied as Dean started to walk past him, "This doesn't strike you as weird— the texting, the coordinates?"

After he turned to look back at Sam, Dean said to him, "Sam, Dad's telling us to go somewhere. We're going."

While Dean started to walk away from him, Sam turned to look over at Katherine and before he had the chance to say something to her, she said to him, "Don't look at me to take your side on this, Sam. Not once since you left to go to college were you ever on my side." After she slowly walked towards him and found herself staring up at him, she said, "So give me one damn good reason for why I should be siding with you, and not Dean."

When Sam didn't respond, she simply scoffed to herself in response before she walked over towards Dean and left behind her twin brother, who did nothing but stare after his two siblings with a frown on his face.

* * *

While Katherine sat on the trunk of the car and looked between her brothers, Dean said to Sam, "You shoved me kind of hard in there, buddy boy."

Sam replied, "I had to sell it, didn't I? It's method acting."

While Katherine did nothing but scoff to herself in response, Dean said, "Huh?"

Sam said to him, "Never mind."

After Sam made his way onto the other side of the car, Dean asked him, "What did you find out from Gunderson?"

Sam told them, "So, Walter Kelly was a good cop. Head of his class, even-keeled. He had a bright future ahead of him."

Dean asked him, "What about at home?"

Sam replied, "He and his wife had a few fights, like everybody, but it was mostly smooth sailing. They were even talking about having kids."

Dean said to him, "Alright, so either Kelly had some deep set of crazy waiting to bust out or something else did it to him."

Sam said to him, "Right."

Dean asked him, "What did Gunderson tell you about the asylum?"

After he scoffed to himself, Sam said, "A lot."

* * *

As they slowly walked through the first room in the Roosevelt Asylum, Sam said, "So, apparently, the cops chased the kids here... into the south wing."

Dean replied, "South wing, huh?" As he started to go through their father's journal, Dean said, "Wait a second."

As Dean repeatedly said 'south wing' to himself, Katherine eyed the ruins and kept a tight grip on the gun she kept in her jacket before she suddenly looked over at Dean when he read from the journal, "'1972— three kids broke into the south wing. Only one survived'. The way he tells it, one of his friends went nuts and started lighting up the place."

Sam said to him, "So, whatever's going on, south wing seems like the heart of it."

Dean replied, "Yeah, but if kids are spelunking the asylum, why aren't there a ton more deaths?"

As Sam stared at the broken off chains, Sam said, "It looks like the doors are usually chained. They could have been chained up for years."

Dean said to him, "Yeah, to keep people out. Or to keep something in."

While Katherine only raised her eyebrows in response, Sam slowly pushed open one of the doors to the south wing before he looked over at his siblings.

* * *

As they walked down a hallway, Dean said to Sam, "Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel."

While Katherine simply snorted to herself in response, Sam said to him, "Dude, enough."

After he chuckled to himself, Dean replied, "I'm serious. You've got to be careful, alright? Ghosts are attracted to that whole E.S.P. thing you got going on."

Sam said to him, "I told you, it's not E.S.P. I just have strange vibes sometimes, weird dreams."

Dean replied, "Yeah, whatever. Don't ask, don't tell."

Sam asked him, "Do you get any reading on that thing or not?"

Dean told him, "No. Of course, it doesn't mean nobody's home."

While Katherine looked between certain parts in the hallway and Dean's EMF, Sam said, "Spirits can't appear during certain hours of the day."

Dean replied, "Yeah, the freaks come out at night." After Sam said 'yeah', Dean asked him, "Hey, Sam, who do you think is a hotter psychic— Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or you?"

While Katherine only shook her head to herself and sighed in response, Sam hit Dean's back and Dean only laughed to himself in response.

* * *

While Katherine silently walked through the room and eyed everything that lied around the room with a tight grip on the handle of her gun, Dean said to himself, "Man. Electroshock, lobotomies. They did some twisted stuff to these people, kind of like my man Jack in 'Cuckoo's Nest'."

When Sam didn't bother to glance over at him and Katherine did nothing but have a blank look on her face while she stared at Dean, Dean mouthed a word before he looked away from his siblings and asked them, "So, what do you guys think? Ghosts are possessing people?"

Sam replied, "Maybe. Maybe it's more like Amityville or the Smurl Haunting."

Dean said to him, "Ah, spirits driving them insane, kind of like my man Jack in 'The Shining'."

After Katherine only raised her eyebrows in response and Sam scoffed to himself, Sam said, "Dean... when are we going to talk about it?"

Dean replied, "Talk about what?"

Sam told him, "About the fact that Dad's not here."

Dean replied, "Oh, uh, let's see, never."

Sam said to him, "I'm being serious, man."

Dean told him, "So am I, Sam. Look, he sent us here. He obviously wants us here. We'll just have to pick up the search later."

Sam replied, "It doesn't matter what he wants."

Dean said to him, "See, that attitude, right there, that's why I always got the extra cookie."

While Katherine only raised her eyebrows in response, Sam said, "Dad could be in trouble. We should be looking for him. We deserve some answers, Dean. I mean, this is our family we're talking about."

Dean replied, "I understand that, Sam, but he's given us an order."

Sam asked him, "So what? We've got to always follow Dad's orders?"

Dean said to him, "Of course we do."

With a sigh, Katherine asked them, "Okay, are you ladies done bickering? Because I'm pretty sure we have a job to do, and we can't really get this job done, if you two are too busy arguing with each other over stupid crap."

While Sam only sighed to himself in response, Dean turned his back on them and walked over towards a table that had a sign on it before he picked up the sign and said, "Sanford Ellicott. You know what we've got to do?" As he turned to look back at his siblings, Dean said to them, "We've got to find out more about the south wing, see if something happened here."

* * *

As they walked down a hallway, Sam asked Dean, "Getting readings?"

Dean replied, "Yeah, big-time."

Sam said to them, "This place is orbing like crazy."

After glancing over at Sam's camera and seeing the orbs of light scattered throughout the hallway, Katherine sighed before she tightened her grip on the crowbar she was holding in her hand, while Dean looked down at this EMF and said, "There's probably multiple spirits out and about..."

Sam asked him, "And if these unrecovered bodies are causing the haunting?"

Dean said to him, "We got to find them and burn them. But be careful, though. The only thing that makes me more nervous than a pissed-off spirit is a pissed-off spirit of a psycho killer."

It was then that they turned around and looked towards the abandoned bed in the hallway before they turned back around and started to walk up the hallway once more, while Katherine made sure to repeatedly eye her surroundings in case any kind of spirit decided to make its appearance around them.

* * *

With an even tighter grip on the crowbar she was holding, Katherine eyed her surroundings in a room they'd just entered and went to see if there were any spirits that would suddenly make an appearance anywhere near her.

After a couple moments of looking around her part of the room and seeing absolutely nothing, Katherine slowly started to lower her weapon, only to stop when she heard Sam yell, "Dean! Dean! Shotgun!"

While Katherine tilted her head and started to make her way over towards her brothers, Dean yelled with the shotgun in hand, "Sam, get down!"

As soon as the spirit disappeared and Sam was standing back up onto his feet again, he said, "That was weird."

Dean replied, "Yeah, you're telling me."

While Katherine eyed the spot where the spirit was just shot, Sam said to him, "No, Dean, I mean, it was weird that she didn't attack me."

As Katherine started to walk after her two brothers with the crowbar resting on one of her shoulders, Dean told him, "It looked pretty aggro from where I was standing."

Sam replied, "She didn't hurt me. She didn't even try. So, if she didn't want to hurt me, then what did she want?"

It was then that the three siblings stopped walking when they heard a clutter and the sound of someone whimpering.

With her crowbar held out in front of herself, Katherine walked after her two brothers and into the room where the sound was heard before they stopped in front of a bed that was lying on its side.

After Dean gestured a hand towards the bed, Sam slowly moved a hand towards the side of the bed before he quickly pulled it aside, which resulted in the blonde girl that was hiding behind it to start screaming.

While Katherine did nothing but groan to herself in response to seeing the blonde girl, Dean said to the girl, "It's alright. We're not going to hurt you." When the girl didn't move from her spot, Dean said to her, "It's okay."

While the girl slowly stood from where she was seated on the floor, Dean asked her, "What's your name?"

Katherine told him, "Katherine. Kat."

After he glanced over at his own sister, Dean told Kat, "Okay. I'm Dean. This is Sam. And this is Katherine."

While Kat looked over at Katherine, who shared the same first name as her, Sam asked her, "What are you doing here?"

Kat told them, "Um... my boyfriend, Gavin—"

Dean asked her, "Is he here?"

Kat replied, "Somewhere. He thought it would be fun, try and see some ghosts. I thought it was all just... you know... pretend. I've seen things. I heard Gavin scream, and—"

As he started to go towards Kat, Dean said, "Alright, Kat, come on. Sam's gonna get you out of here. Then we're gonna find your boyfriend."

Kat said to him, "No, no. I'm not gonna leave without Gavin. I'm coming with you."

While Katherine only sighed to herself in response, Dean said to Kat, "It's no joke around here, okay? It's dangerous."

Kat told him, "That's why I've got to find him."

Dean replied, "Alright, I guess we're gonna split up, then. Let's go."

* * *

With Katherine walking beside him, Sam yelled, "Gavin!" After looking down a different hallway and seeing no sign of him, Sam yelled, "Gavin!"

After she scoffed to herself, Katherine said, "I can't believe this girl Katherine, who happens to have the same exact name as me, actually decided to start dating some guy named Gavin. I mean, how stupid could she be? Out of all the guys she could date, she chose someone named Gavin? It's no wonder she ended up finding her way here with her probable loser of a boyfriend."

Sam sighed before he said to her, "Katherine, now is not the time for you to be insulting some guy you've never met before."

Katherine replied, "I think now is the perfect time. She could be doing a lot better than dating some guy named Gavin, who thought it would be a good idea to bring her to see some frickin' ghosts."

Sam asked her, "What's your problem with this guy? I mean, it's not like you've ever met him before."

Katherine told him, "No, I haven't, but I did meet a guy named Gavin back when we were in high school and if this guy is anything like that Gavin that kept trying to force me to date him back in high school, then I'd honestly prefer to just leave this guy to die than go out of our way and save his frickin' life." When Sam only sighed to himself in response, Katherine said, "If it wasn't for the fact that I was much more innocent at that point in time, I would have killed him, just for harassing me like he did."

Sam retorted, "What, you mean like that August guy you killed before Dean broke into your place and convinced you to join him in the search for Dad?"

After a couple seconds of silence, she said to him, "That was different." After yet another couple seconds of silence, she told him, "August was nothing like him. At the time, I thought August was the best man I had ever met when I met him back when I was nineteen. But as you can probably guess, things changed for the worse almost two years later and then I killed him."

Instead of verbally responding, Sam glanced over at Katherine to see her holding a hand against her own stomach, which got Sam to frown to himself in response before he shook his head and started to yell Gavin's name once more.

* * *

After making their way towards a room, both Sam and Katherine stopped moving when they saw a brown-haired boy lying on the floor before Sam made his way over towards him and said as he started to shake him, "Gavin? Hey, Gavin." After Gavin gasped and quickly sat up, Sam said to him, "Hey, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here to help."

Gavin asked them, "Who are you guys?"

Sam told him, "My name is Sam. That one over there is Katherine. Uh, we found your girlfriend."

As Sam brought him up onto his feet, Gavin replied, "Kat?" After Sam said 'yeah', Gavin asked him, "Is she alright?"

Sam said to him, "She's worried about you. Are you okay?"

Gavin told them, "I was running. I, uh, I think I fell."

While Katherine tilted her head and eyed Gavin, Sam asked him, "You were running from what?"

Gavin said to him, "There was— there was this girl. Her— Her face... it was all messed up."

Sam replied, "Okay, listen, this girl— Did she try to hurt you?"

With a shake of his head, Gavin said, "What? No, she, uh..."

Sam asked him, "She what?"

Gavin told him, "She kissed me."

While Katherine sighed to herself and pinched the bridge of her nose with a mere shake of her head, Sam asked him, "Um, but-but she didn't hurt you physically?"

Gavin replied, "Dude, she kissed me. I'm scarred for life."

After he chuckled to himself, Sam said to him, "Well, trust me, it could have been worse. Now, do you remember anything else?"

As he shook his head to himself, Gavin told him, "She, uh... Actually, she tried to whisper something in my ear."

Sam asked him, "What?"

Gavin replied, "I don't know. I ran like hell."

In response, all Katherine did was snort to herself in response, while Sam simply gave her a pointed look.

* * *

While they ran towards Dean, who was trying to bust his way into one of the cells, Sam asked him, "What's going on?"

Dean yelled, "She's inside with one of them!"

While Katherine tilted her head and watched Dean repeatedly use his crowbar to try and get into the room, Kat yelled, "Help me! Get me out of here!"

It was then that Sam said to Kat, "Kat, it's not gonna hurt you. Listen to me. Y-You have to face it. You have to calm down."

Dean replied, "She's got to what?"

It was then that Kat asked, "I have to what?"

Sam told her, "These spirits, they're not trying to hurt you. They're trying to communicate. You've got to listen to it. You've got to face it."

Kat replied, "You face it."

Sam said to her, "It's the only way you're gonna get out of there." After Kat yelled 'no', Sam said, "Look at it. That's all. Come on. You can do it."

After a couple seconds of silence, Gavin said, "Kat?"

While Katherine slowly looked over at Gavin with a blank look on her face, Dean said to Sam, "I hope you're right about this."

Sam replied, "Yeah, me, too."

Just as Katherine started to scoff to herself in response, she suddenly stopped when they heard the sound of the door unlocking before it opened to reveal Kat, which got Gavin to say to her, "Oh, Kat."

After Sam went into the room to look inside of it, he walked back out of the room and looked over at Kat, who said to them, "137."

Dean replied, "Sorry?"

Kat told them, "It whispered in my ear '137'."

Then both Sam and Dean looked at each other and said, "Room number."

While Katherine simply eyed the young couple, Sam crouched down with Dean and said to him, "So if these spirits aren't trying to hurt anyone—"

Dean asked, "Then what are they trying to do?"

Sam replied, "Maybe that's what they've been trying to tell us."

Dean said to him, "I guess we'll find out. Alright." After they both stood back up, Dean asked the young couple, "So, now, you guys ready to leave this place?"

Kat told him, "That's an understatement."

Dean replied, "Okay." Then he turned to his siblings and said to them, "You two get them out of here. I'm gonna go find room 137."

* * *

As Sam led the young couple down the hallway and Katherine silently walked behind them with her crowbar at the ready, Kat asked them, "So, how do you guys know about all this ghost stuff?"

Sam told her, "It's kind of our job."

Kat asked him, "Why would anyone want a job like that?"

After chuckling to himself, Sam said, "I had a crappy guidance counselor."

While Katherine only scoffed to herself in response, Kat asked them, "And Dean? He's your boss?"

After he looked over at Kat, Sam replied, "No."

Katherine told the girl, "Not by a long shot."

* * *

After failing to get any of the doors to open, Sam said, "Alright. I think we have a small problem."

Katherine replied, "Yeah. You think?"

Gavin said to Sam, "Let's break it down."

While Katherine slowly looked over at Gavin with a blank look on her face, Sam replied, "I don't think that's gonna work."

Gavin said to him, "Then a window."

Kat told Gavin, "They're barred."

Gavin asked the two siblings, "Well, how are we supposed to get out?"

Sam replied, "That's the point. We're not. There's something in here. It doesn't want us to leave."

After a couple seconds of silence, Kat said, "Those patients."

Sam told her, "No. Something else."

* * *

As he made his way back towards his sister and the young couple, Sam told them, "Alright, I've looked everywhere. There's no other way out."

Gavin asked him, "So what the hell are we gonna do?"

Sam replied, "Well, for starters, we're not gonna panic."

Gavin asked him, "Why the hell not?"

While Katherine did nothing but roll her eyes in response, Sam's phone started to ring.

After he pulled out his phone and flipped it open, he said into it, "Hey."

Then Sam could hear Dean say to him, "Sam, it's me. I see it. It's coming at me."

Sam asked him, "Where are you?"

Dean told him, "I'm in the basement. Hurry."

Sam said to him, "I'm on my way." After he closed his phone and put it away, he asked the couple, "Can either of you handle a shotgun?"

Gavin replied, "W-W-What? No."

It was then that Kat told him, "I can." When Gavin quickly looked over at her, she said, "My dad took me skeet shooting a couple times."

As he handed the shotgun over towards Kat, Sam said, "Alright, here. It's loaded with rock salt. Now, it might not kill a spirit, but it will repel it, so if you see something, shoot." After Kat said 'okay', Sam looked over at Katherine and told her, "You're staying here with them."

After scoffing to herself, Katherine replied, "You're kidding me, right?" When he didn't respond, she told him, "Sam, you don't have another weapon to defend yourself with. You need me."

Sam retorted, "Yeah, well, they need you more." As he pulled his jacket aside and revealed the gun he had inside of it, he told her, "Besides, I have this. I'll be fine."

When she opened her mouth to respond, Sam said to her, "Kat, please, just do as I say for once."

Despite how much she hated hearing him call her that name after not hearing him say it in four years, Katherine did nothing but clench her jaw before she said to him, "Fine. Get out of here. I'll be here guarding mini me and her dumbass boyfriend."

* * *

While Gavin continued to pace around the small part of the hallway they were in, Kat said to him, "Hey, Gavin." After Gavin quickly made his way over towards her and crouched in front of her, she told him, "If we make it out of here alive, we are so breaking up."

While Gavin only sighed to himself in response, Katherine couldn't help but chuckle as she shook her head.

It was then that they heard a clutter, which got Katherine to raise her crowbar, while Kat asked them, "Did you guys hear that?"

After he sighed to himself, Gavin said, "Something's coming."

Just as Katherine started to step in front of the current couple, she suddenly stopped when she saw Dean start to walk around the corner, only for him to come to an abrupt halt when he saw Kat pointing the shotgun at him before she shot towards the wall.

Then Dean yelled, "Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Don't shoot! It's me!"

Kat said to him, "Sorry. Sorry."

Katherine could do nothing but chuckle to herself in response as she watched Dean walk around the corner once more and see the holes in the wall before he asked while he made his way over towards them, "What are you two still doing here? Where's Sam?"

Gavin told him, "He went to the basement. You called him."

With a shake of his head, Dean replied, "I didn't call him."

Kat said to him, "His cellphone rang. He said it was you."

Dean asked them, "Basement, huh?" After Gavin nodded, Dean said, "Alright. Watch yourselves. And watch out for me."

Then Dean looked over at Katherine and said to her, "You stay here."

With a blank look on her face, Katherine replied, "Seriously?"

With a nod of his head, Dean said to her, "Yes. Seriously. You stay here, and watch them. Make sure they don't shoot another round at me." When she only sighed in response, he told her, "Look, Kat, if the girl I once knew is still buried deep down inside of you somewhere, then she'll agree with the idea of you staying here and protecting these two. Okay?"

Katherine asked him, "So, you want me to stay here and protect mini me and her dumbass boyfriend?" When Dean only nodded to her in response, she said to him, "Fine. Whatever. Go find Sam. Make sure he isn't in some kind of danger all by his lonesome."

After Dean nodded and left the three of them alone, Gavin asked her, "Why do you always call me her dumbass boyfriend?"

Katherine told him, "Because you are a dumbass and you are currently her boyfriend." When Gavin's eyebrows furrowed, she asked him, "Would you rather I call you her dumbass ex-boyfriend?"

Gavin did nothing but sigh in response before he remained silent and kept his distance away from the Winchester sibling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 50.1K 64
Castiel and Dean have grown up together since they were four years old. Now the two have become completely different from one another, one being a pu...
3K 17 19
When a hunt goes wrong with a nest of vampires you are saved by the Winchesters. You've heard of the winchesters but was always a work by yourself ty...
27.8K 507 13
Blue thought she was a normal teenage girl. One with a lot of pain in the past. In Blue's eyes, being normal is getting picked on by the other kids a...