Life behind a photograph

By simpingfox

"Stuck in a generation where loyalty is just a tattoo, love is just a quote and lying is the new truth." More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 | Part I
Chapter 2 | Part II
Chapter 3 | Part I
Chapter 3 | Part II
Chapter 4 | Part I
Chapter 4 | Part II
Chapter 5 | Part I
Chapter 5 | Part II
Chapter 6 | Part I
Chapter 6 | Part II
Chapter 7 | Part I
Chapter 7 | Part II
Chapter 8 | Part I
Chapter 8 | Part II
Chapter 9 | Part I
Chapter 9 | Part II
Chapter 10 | Part I
Chapter 10 | Part II
Chapter 11 - Part I
Chapter 11 | Part II
Chapter 12 | Part I
Chapter 12 | Part II
Chapter 13 | Part I
Chapter 13 | Part II
Chapter 14 | Part I
Chapter 14 | Part II
Chapter 15 | Part I
Chapter 15 | Part II
Chapter 16 | Part I
Chapter 16 | Part II
Chapter 17 | Part I
Chapter 17 | Part II
Chapter 18 | Part I
Chapter 18 | Part II
Chapter 19 | Part I
Chapter 19 | Part II
Chapter 20 | Part I
Chapter 20 | Part II
Chapter 21 | Part I
Chapter 21 | Part II
Chapter 22 | Part I
Chapter 22 | Part II
Chapter 23 | Part I
Chapter 23 | Part II
Chapter 24 | Part I
Chapter 24 | Part II
Chapter 25 | Part I
Chapter 25 | Part II
Chapter 26 | Part I
Chapter 26 | Part II
Chapter 27| Part I
Chapter 27 | Part II
Chapter 28 | Part I
Chapter 28 | Part II
Chapter 29 | Part I
Chapter 29 | Part II
Chapter 30 | Part I
Chapter 30 | Part II
Chapter 31 | Part I
Chapter 31 | Part II
Chapter 32 | Part I
Chapter 32 | Part II
Chapter 33 | Part I
Chapter 33 | Part II
Chapter 34 | Part II

Chapter 34 | Part I

766 30 2
By simpingfox

Ash

"Oh you are so fucking stupid." Vivian curses me over the phone. 

"I did what I had to." I say through clenched teeth.

"No you didn't. You just took the easy way out. And boy are you going to regret it." she sighs. "And you didn't go home?"

"No okay. Can I hang up now?" 

"What are you going to do once you go home? What are you going to say to her? How long until you go home?"

"I don't know Vivian. The event is over but the drive is at least two hours." 

"Okay well hurry your ass."

-

"Watch her beg you to let her stay." Tiffany says as we pull in to the avenue.

"Can you please stop?" I say in the calmest manner possible.

"Fine. But I'm coming in with you." 

There's no lights up on the house when we pull in to the driveway. But everything else was intact. 

"I don't think she's here," Tiffany says when we walk inside the house, the lights automatically turning on when they sense our presence.

"Maybe she's in the room." I say, a mild anxiety creeping in even though I didn't know why. "I'll go check it out... Help yourself to something."

My palms are sweaty when I reach the bedroom. And my whole body is cold when I find it very much empty. In a desperate move I look through both the washroom and the balcony, even though I knew she was not here.

"Is she here?" I hear Tiffany asking when she enters the room.

"No." I say, entering the closet.

"Oh goodie. Did she leave? Surely not? I thought she'll leech on to you. She probably just went out for something."

"No. Her bags are gone." 

"Oh great. She took the hint." 

"Yeah. Great." 

-

"You do know that it's 2 am?" Vivian says from behind me as she slides in to the chair next to me.

"Yeah." I empty the drink in my glass.

"Woah slow down there now,"

"Who called you?"

"The bartender did. He needs to close up and you're not leaving."

"I thought this was open twenty four seven."

"Well yeah but not in December?! Come on, no one stays behind at bars until late during this season. They're out about with families."

"You know I hate Christmas."

"Typical. That one person with commitment issues that hates all happy things. Aka Ash Williams and you're building a pattern here. I thought this year would be different, I mean you with Abigail. And no one can deny that you were happy."

"You have to bring it up."

"Did you talk to her?"

"No. I was busy with the launch."

"So it's all done now huh?"

"Yep. Last three weeks were just... hectic."

"Did she call you?"

"Yes. Everyday. Two times and multiple texts."

"Did you return them?"

"No Vivian. I was busy okay? I barely had time to breath."

"So call her now."

"I will. But I need to come clean about everything first."

"You should've done that when you said you wanted a break."

"I know but this way one weight is off my shoulders and it'll be a softer blow to her since we spent some time apart. Hopefully."

"Wow. You're just so incredibly selfish."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're not worried about how this is going to affect her Ash. You just care about whether she'll get back with you or not."

"Of course she's coming back? We're just taking a break."

"Well you're not the one calling shots here. She is. At least after she hears about your fucked up... whatever." Vivian says, baffled. "She's the nicest person but I hope she gives you a run for your money. Especially now that she's had different... company."

"What?"

"Oh... You don't know anything about it do you?"

"Know about what?"

"Abigail and Luke."

"What about them?"

"They're the talk of the town. And word's out that they're going to be on GQ's January cover."

"Why?"

"Oh my god. You actually don't know anything."

"No okay. I've done nothing but focus on Jiwe."

"So you don't know about Abigail's turn on the industry?"

"She's been doing shoots left and right. And boy does she look gorgeous on them."

"What-"

"Look for yourself." she cuts me off, waving her phone in front of my face.

I grab it in annoyance. A google tab of an article was open. And not just any article. An Allure article with a picture of a Abigail. Laughing with the sun on her face and a flower tucked behind her ear.

"I wish I could read this but I'm way too drunk and way too upset." I say, keeping the phone face down on the bar.

"You know, you're lucky if she still wants to patch things up. Now that she's got a taste maybe she'll finally realize that you're a good for nothing piece of shit."

"Alright fuck off Vivian."

"Just know who you're up against. Luke and her maybe just friends but he's like the most gentle person ever and she'll see the contrast soon."

"Gentle... Sure. I mean you would know better than anyone... You almost walked out on your engagement for him."

Vivian inhales shakily.

"You know Ash, I really want the best for you and I try to be happy for you but you just... You make it so hard."

"Okay I'm sorry that was uncalled for. But you're just rubbing in all my insecurities in my face. And... I don't feel good." I rub my thumb and index on my forehead to get rid of the throbbing pain, without success.

"You still want her though right?"

"Of course I fucking want her. She's the best thing that's happened to me in like... ever."

"And if she kept calling you for three weeks daily without you answering any of them she obviously wants you too."

"They stopped a few days ago. You know what maybe you're right. Maybe she's finally realized."

"Not so soon Ash. Communication is best. You don't know anything until you speak to her." 

"Okay and how do I do that? Just call her? I don't even know where she's staying."

"Why don't you start by inviting her to the Launch party?"

"I'm sure she's already invited Vivian. Monica had her at the top of the list if I'm not wrong."

"Yeah I mean why don't you personally invite her?"

"Like call her?"

"That works. Just... Do it your own way."

"I will. Thank you."

"And the perfume is great! I sneaked some from the one you gave Diablo and just... wow."

"I know. I sampled them myself." I smirk.

"See that's the smile you need."

"And a little birdie told me that the pre orders were off the charts!"

"Yeah. It's... nice."

"Is it worth it though?"

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

823K 16.1K 200
Yes, number three because y'all are relentless
36.2K 752 42
.... "๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š ๐ ๐ฎ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๏ฟฝ...
Cobra By keria <3

Fanfiction

1.8K 190 10
Every snake sheds it's skin. megan x jazmine fanfic :)
16.9K 618 18
๐šด๐ž๐ฐ ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐›๐ง ๐›๐Ÿ ๐šธ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ. ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซยท๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ฅ /หˆ๐ญษ™๐ซหŒ๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ฅ/ ๐ง๐›๐ฎ๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐›๐Ÿ ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐›๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž, ๐œ๐›๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๏ฟฝ...