Eyes of the Blood Moon

By Gemmy4

Ella Marin grew up on the small island of Crocket. She recently moved back hoping to escape the troubles in h... More

New Priest in Town
The Son Returns
The Seventh Sunday
Plauge
The Creature of the Woods
Crock Pot Luck
Swimming in the Sky
Addiction
In the Eyes of a Miracle
Night of the Western Sun
Moon Drunk
Pains of the Past
Shitstorm
Will the Circle be Unbroken
The Red Means I Love You
Darkness Hides Me
Remember We Are Dust
To Dust We Shall Return
Behind the Scenes
Free Fall
Delicate
Back on Track
Always for Her
Blood Moon Rising
Feeding Frenzy
Morning Glow

Love on Ice

424 24 8
By Gemmy4

(Someone sent me their own version of Ella that they made on Picrew.me and I love it so much! They used a template created by the talented Berri to make this masterpiece!)

*****

Ella looked back at Father Paul, dumbfounded.

"Um...what?" She asked.

He smiled and gestured into her house.

Having no clue what was going on she opened the door wider to let him in.

"Lovely home you have. Quaint," he smiled politely. "Did it come with a personal chef?"

The Sheriff stood up and took off his apron, giving him a shy laugh.

"Uh Hassan...The sheriff was just making us breakfast. Crepes," Ella explained awkwardly.

Paul nodded. "Well they smell great, yeah good work Sheriff."

He nodded uncomfortably. "Yeah, I'll get going," he stated, grabbing up his denim coat.

Ella gave him a pleading look of please don't leave me alone.

He just nodded, gave her a quick smile and left.

She glared off at him as he closed the door.

That son of a...

"Very kind of the Sheriff to take care you," Father Paul said, a little hint of bitterness behind his tone.

"Um he wasn't taking care of me, he just asked if I wanted breakfast. He's done it before," Ella replied, fidgeting with the cool glass jar on her necklace.

"Made you breakfast?" He asked.

"Brought me dinner, but yeah," Ella said with a quick smile.

He nodded and looked back at the table before turning back to her.

"Anyways, I'm here to do your Mass, since you missed communion," he told her with a smile.

She nodded still feeling confused. "You do house calls?"

"Oh not really. I just figured it was important, to you of course," he gestured, setting down a small leather case and taking out the goblet, mini cruets, and a flask.

"Right...well I promise I didn't skip communion to go eat breakfast with the Sheriff," she explained, worried he was judging her.

He shook his head. "No need to worry, I didn't think so. I already know why."

Ella raised her brow at him. "You do?"

He looked up at her like she was supposed to know to. "Yes."

"Wait, what are you thinking?" She asked, leaning against her couch.

"I..." he hesitated, "well I'm assuming it was because of me..."

Ella cut him off, "No, no. It wasn't you I promise. It was your side kick."

"What's Bev done to you?" He asked suddenly worried.

Great. The hole gets even deeper.

She shook her head. "Nothing of your concern. But...it wasn't you."

He nodded sending an awkward silence throughout the room.

"Right well..." he paused. He laid out his equipment, and began to say the prayer. He offered Ella the bread, then the blood.

She pressed her lips to the cup, it was cool and tasted like iron. He held it up for her as she took a sip. She pulled her eyes open, for no reason at all while she drank, and saw something that made her want to throw up.

Her body arched, feeling herself begin to dry heave, she spat out the blood in her mouth, followed by choking.

Father Paul quickly put his hand on her back, and grabbed out a napkin.

He lightly rubbed her back, gently making sure she was okay, before offering her the napkin.

Ella took it and wiped the blood from her chin, apologizing profusely.

"I'm so sorry, I just saw a dead spider in the cup," she explained, shakily.

"Did you?" He asked peering into the goblet. "My apologies I must not have seen it. I'd have spit it out as well," he assured her with a chuckle.

"Yeah...I could handle dead bodies, but spiders are my weak point," Ella replied with a shy laugh.

"No I completely understand. The kits old, you see. Not sure how the poor thing got in there, but once again, I'm truly sorry. I was worried you'd spit it out for another..." he trailed off. Then shook his head.

She felt like asking what he meant but before she could, be walked right up in front of her.

She hadn't realized how much taller her was to her. He wasn't huge and muscly like the sheriff, but he had long slender legs, and a firm torso.

"You've just got a bit," he started, taking the napkin and wiping the top of her lip.

His soft, strong hand cupped over her cheek as he ran his thumb over her lip.

Ella looked up into his ebony eyes, as he stared down at hers. His mouth parted slightly, looking with deep rooted passion at her, staring up at him innocently.

"Lord give me strength," he muttered before clashing his lips onto hers.

The sudden contact came as a surprise to Ella, but she didn't shove him off. She was happy to be back in the state of euphoria she felt the first time he'd kissed her.

She stretched up on her toes to put her arms around his neck, as his hand moved down her back.

The kiss was more passionate then the last, it was still soft and loving, but he kissed her with a hunger she hadn't seen in him before.

He walked forwards, pressing Ellas back up against her door.

He wasn't being rough, which Ella actually appreciated. She'd had rough, passionate kisses before, and they were exciting and dangerous, but this kiss...it was from a loving man, with a hunger for life. It was sweet and gentle, but the sparks it sent through Ella's body, were like nothing she'd ever felt before.

It wasn't a raw desire of passion and lust between them, but rather a sense of comfort and love. Two genuine people in love, and to Ella, that was all she could ask for.

*****

Ella's week continued on as normal. She hadn't spoken to Paul since he'd come to her house and was almost certain he was avoiding her.

She'd see him out on the street and wave, and he'd quickly run off. She attended daily mass, but it was packed full of other people, so he paid no attention to her.

She was okay with it at first, she understood why he was, but eventually it started to seem like he regretted it. And that hurt. She could never say a word to him, because he'd hurry off in the other direction every time they crossed paths. She wished he would just tell her he didn't want to see her again, instead of being left fumbling around in the dark.

Instead, she spent her week with Erin and Riley a few times, had coffee at Sarah's house and got invited over to the Flynn's for diner like old times.

Although it was much different than when she and Riley were kids. They used to play telephone around the table, and make up songs, and help cook dinner, but the one she went to, was filled with tension. No one spoke, except Annie and Ella, Annie trying to be polite and ask about Ella's time in college and how she liked working in the nypd. Awkward as it was, it was nice to be back in a familiar spot.

Tonight however...she had been invited to the Sheriffs house for dinner. Though, she insisted on cooking since they had so many times for her.

She stopped at the General store along the way to pick up a few things for dinner. She pushed open the door and found the Father, paying for what looked to be cough syrup at the counter.

He glanced up curiously, his face going white, seeing it was her.

Just as usual, he quickly grabbed his medicine and shoved his money towards the cashier before hurrying past her.

"Wait-" she tried to say, but he continued past her and rushed out the door.

This is getting ridiculous, She scoffed angrily. At least say something. Jeez. Help me out here I feel like you hate me.

She huffed to herself, grabbing up a bottle of wine and some ingredients. There was one dish she made that was always a crowd pleaser.

She gathered up the things she needed and paid, stalking out of the store.

On one hand I get why he's doing this, but on the other he's really hurting me. He doesn't even notice. At least I hope. Whatever. I'm done thinking about him. I'm gonna have a nice night with Hassan and Ali, and forget him. At least for now...

She knocked on their door and Ali answered with a friendly smile.

"Hey Ella! Come on in!" He greeted, opening the door wider and letting her in.

"Did you bring your own ingredients?" Hassan asked with a sigh.

"I didn't want to use all of yours," Ella laughed.

"Hey we appreciate it. Though my dad insisted on making dessert," Ali replied.

There was another knock at the door as Ella set up her ingredients.

"So what are you making?" Hassan asked with a sly smile, coming up behind her.

Ella's heart beat a little faster, with him so close.

"Hey Warren, come on in," Ali said opening the door.

"Hey Warren? Joining us?" Ella asked as Warren took of his coat.

"Yeah. I had plans with Leeza, but she got caught sneaking out and got grounded," he replied with a laugh.

"Bummer. You know, my trick to sneaking out, always leav-" Ella got cut off by Hassan clearing his throat.

"I mean...I'm a responsible adult, and you should never sneak out kids," she chuckled.

Warren and Ali set the table and talked quietly to themselves while Ella cooked the food and Hassan kept asking her questions.

"I need to know if we're going to get food poisoning," he asked eyeing her cheekily.

"Maybe if you stop pestering me, I won't purposely poison your food!" She teased hitting him lightly with the whisk.

"Alright alright, fair enough," he laughed.

"Dad! Where's the Monopoly game?" Ali called.

"In the closet," Hassan sighed, giving Ella a smile before walking off.

Ella smiled to herself, as she whisked up the spicy mayo sauce. She was making her favourite spicy veggie burgers.

Half an hour later, they were ready.

She set out all the toppings and everyone eagerly assembled their burgers.

"This smells amazing!" Warren exclaimed, loading on a heap of the spicy mayo.

"Yeah I got the recipe in Seattle," Ella explained, "it quickly became my favourite."

"Mm. I can see why," Hassan agreed, taking a bite out of  his.

They ate and talked until the entire spread had been cleared.

They decided to play Monopoly after for a game night.

"Don't you dare take Kentucky!" Ella told Warren who gave her a grin before placing down his money and proudly stating he'd buy it.

They played till 11 before Hassan shut it down telling the boys to get ready for bed.

After they'd gone to Ali's room, Ella cleaned the mess and packed up her stuff.

"Hey thanks for making dinner. It was great," Hassan said, taking plates from her hand and putting them away.

"Yeah. I made yours, taste extra special. That way you wouldn't taste the poison, ya know?" Ella teased.

He just smiled and nodded awkwardly.

"Is something bothering you?" Ella asked.

"Mind if we went for a walk? I don't want to discuss it here," he replied passing her coat to her.

"Um sure..." she agreed, taking the coat and walking out the door into the cool night.

They walked down the gravel road in silence for a while, Ella kept giving him suspicious looks. As he walked on, clearly lost in thought.

"Can we sit?" He asked worriedly, gesturing to a bench facing the church.

Ella sat down and nervously waited for him to talk. She didn't know what to expect, but it worries her nonetheless.

"I need some advice. Parenting advice," he told her.

"I'm not sure I'm the best at that," Ella said with an awkward laugh, "I did try to convince your child to sneak out earlier you know?"

He was silent for a moment.

"I'm...worried about Ali," he said finally.

"Why? What's going on?" Ella asked.

"I found a bible in his bag the other day, it had been handed out to all the kids by Bev during school," he explained.

"What?! She can't do that!" Ella exclaimed. Her fists clenched as the anger made her blood boil.

"I went to the council meeting to talk with her today, but she kept twisting my words and ended up looking like the saint. I guess I'm starting to see why you hate her so much," he sighed.

"Ugh that's what she does best! I swear I'm going to-"

"It's not her I'm worried about. Ali's been asking questions, and asking to go to church. I normally wouldn't be upset, but I feel like he's being pressured to. With all that happened with Leeza, and Bev preaching about miracles to the class, it seems like his hand is being played for him. I don't want to keep fighting with him, because I don't want to push him further away, but I also don't want him losing sight of himself.

Ella though for a second. "That's tough Sheriff...the best you can do is just, be there for him. He's at an age where he's going to try new things to figure out who he is. He's a smart kid though, as he gets older he'll know. I mean, the best you can do is just support him with what he does and be there for him as his dad. And I promise you, he'll appreciate it. No matter who he becomes, he's always going to have you to be there with him."

He looked back into her eyes sorrowfully. "Thanks Ella. That's some pretty good advice."

"Yeah. Maybe I should become a parent," Ella teased.

This time he laughed. His classic, deep laugh that made Ella's stomach turn.

"I disagree. You did try to convince my kid to sneak out," he replied.

Ella laughed along with him. Just then, the hair on the back of her neck began to prickle. The Sheriff sat up as well.

"You feel it to?" Ella asked.

He put his hand to his mouth. "Yeah...someone's watching us."

A deep sensation settled in her gut. A mixture of fear and worry.

"I have a bad feeling..." she whispered, standing from the bench and looking at their surroundings.

The church stood ominously before them. Dark and empty, like a shell of what it really was. The darkness seemingly leaked from its windows, as the tension filled the air.

The woods were completely still, even though the winds became restless. Not a single branch moved.

The quietness and stillness of it all was freaking Ella out. The night had seemed so peaceful before, but now it was replaced with an eerie feel.

"Ella..." Hassan said, pointing towards the rectory.

Ella followed his gaze, her breath going shaky. Just behind the rectory, a figure darted out, the only glimpse they got were glowing orange eyes.

"Hassan," Ella warned shakily, as the figure shot up into the air.

"Run," he hissed, grabbing her arm and bolting back down the street.

It felt like every bit of blackness was slowing them down, reaching out like hands from the ground trying to trio them up.

The air was suddenly heavy, weighing on them and as the night grew loud. Really loud. It sounded like screaming, and whooshing, and growling all around them as Ella breath caught in her throat.

"Woah slow down!" Someone called out from ahead of them.

Hassan halted, Ella as well.

In the dim street like she could see Father Paul looking at them with a confused expression.

Ella looked back over her shoulder, but all was calm. Everything was steady, like they had been chased by nothing.

"Apologies Father, didn't mean to scare you," Hassan apologized.

Paul's gaze shifted to Ella and Hassan's hands intertwined.

Ella quickly pulled her hand away feeling embarrassed.

"It's no trouble, I was just on my way home from," he paused, coughing violently.

"Are you alright?" Ella asked worriedly.

He heaved over, coughing. After a few moments he shook her worry off.

"Just fine..." he breathed. "I'd better get home and get some rest."

"Have a good Father," Hassan said walking back towards his house.

Ella stayed behind a second. "Are you sure you're okay? That seemed intense," Ella asked Father Paul.

He nodded. "Just a cold," he said coldly.

Ella watched him walk away, and decided that was it. She was going to get answers out of him. Tomorrow was Sunday, so she could talk with him then. It wouldn't be easy, he was always surrounded by people, but she had to try.

She wasn't going to be ignored anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790K 15.3K 44
Aria Romano. 19 years old use to the word of crime and violence. Growing up Aria was the sort of child who had to care for herself. She never knew he...
137K 1.9K 11
[NOW PUBLISHED BY LIMITLESS PUBLISHING] A deadly game is being played. The question is . . . who will survive? *** As she waits to give her statement...
4.3K 157 8
A ritual gone wrong. A town freak turned rockstar. A vengeful monster. What more could you ask for from a date? ( An Eddie Munson fic based on Jennif...
305 0 33
"I'll just go grab my coat," she whispered leaning into his face as she slid her hand from underneath his. She strutted over to the shadowed coat rac...