A Fairytale In The Making

By Vakhaha

She grew up in the clutches of poverty; He was raised in the lap of luxury. She hated nobles; He couldn't be... More

1. SLEEPING DEITY
2. BEAUTY AND THE GOD
3. CINDERELLA
4. WONDERFUL WIZARD OF AZURA
5. THE LITTLE RED RIDING BIRD
6. JOURNEY TO THE ACADEMY
7. SUN, MOON AND ISOLDE
8. THE KING OF THE BLESSED RIVER
9. THE WIND AND THE LADY
10. SAAT BHAI CHAMPA
11. THE TALE OF PRINCESS EBONI
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
12. THE CLUMSY THIEF
13. THE DRAGON OF THE SUN
14. STOMPS AND SURPRISES
15. ISOLDE AND THE SPHINX
16: THE WOLF AND THE GIRL
17. THE STAR VERDICT
18. RICH HEART OF STONE
19. THE ATTRACTIVENESS OF THE SLEEPY HOLLOW
CHARACTER AESTHETIC
20.CRANE'S RETURM OF AN IDENTITY
21. MIDGET MULAN
22. NOBLE KIDS AND BETAL
23. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN SWEATERS
24. ISOLDE IN WONDERLAND
25.SOHRAB AND RUSTAM
26. GODFATHER DECAY
27. THE TWELVE LABORS OF AKIRA
28. PRINCESS AND THE RED DRAGON
29. DAMON AND PYTHIAS
30. TORHILD, TAMER OF HORSES
31. ORPHEUS AND EURYDICE
32. RAGNAROK
33. DAEDALUS AND ICARUS
34. THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH
35. THE LEGEND OF THE NINE-TAILS
36. RUMPELSTILSKIN
37. THE ELVE AND THE RYUUZAKI HEIR
38. THE RICH BROTHER AND THE POOR BROTHER
39. KURUKSHETRA
40. RAVEN TALES
41.THE PIED-PIPER OF AZURA
43. PINOCCHIO
44. CAUTIONARY TALES

42. ESME-ORIGINAL FLOWER

44 5 6
By Vakhaha

Isolde's POV

It was happening again.

I couldn't move; couldn't scream. The invisible hands were back to suffocate me again.

I was paralyzed. 

The yellow orbs moves rhythmically through my blurry vision like lantern for Solstice carnival. They keep getting bigger and bigger.

My breath hitches when I feel the touch of a cold body slithering across my frozen form. It slowly but steadily makes it way upwards halting every time a frightened sound leaves my mouth. It feels like an eternity before It crawls up to my neck.

I curse my traitorous body for defying my commands. It is as if I was a statue made of ice. Cold and unmoving. 

Something wet touches my collar bone. The slimy chill brushes itself along my neck. A long stroke meant to satisfy some twisted urge.

Move, move, damn it!!

Do something, anything.

"Save yourself, Izzy. You don't have mama to protect you anymore. It's just you, little one, just you," a voice hisses inside my mind.

Breathing becomes harder. Scream threatens to penetrate my lungs.

And there it was again. The sensation on my palms. It was cold and hot at the same time. My hands felt like they were on fire and freezing at the same time. 

It was like standing in the Daffodil field one last time to savor their bloom before cruel winter's bony fingers steal them away to the land of death where nothing ever grows. 

And all of a sudden, the cold thing on my neck was gone.

"Hey, moron, what was your damn perverted snake doing climbing up my friend?" A voice, Esme's screams with fury!

And just as it came, the paralysis was gone....just like that.

A dizzying feeling takes over me as black spots appear in place of my previously blurry vision. An enormous fatigue flood my senses. The world weighs down on my shoulders.

I look around through my slowly clearing vision to see Esme holding up Naeem's pet snake by it's tail like how Eboni holds up any piece of clothing that doesn't live up to her fashion standards.

Akira looks confusedly at Naeem without saying anything. 

And Naeem? He just looks around lost and panicked. His frantic eyes dart from me to the snake now struggling in Esme's hand. 

"I am asking you something, you prick? What were you trying to do?" Esme asks again, this time with more force.

"I- uh..." Naeem looks around frantically as if to take in the situation he has caused.

"You what? Were you using magic in my restaurant, Abbas?" Esme asks, folding her arms on over chest and taking a threatening step towards the boy.

Naeem for his part looks surprised at the accusation. He looks around and sputters again. 

"Don't pretend to be innocent now. You did something illegal, Abbas" Esme forces again, still holding the snake that was struggling to get released but Esme just keeps hitting it with a frying pan every time it comes close to her. 

"I...I really don't know what you are talking about. Please believe me," Naeem says in a surprisingly vulnerable voice. I didn't know the cocky boy could sound so helpless.

"Believe you, Abbas?" Esme asks in harsh mocking tone and throws the snake at him. Naeem catches it and stares at it with something akin to wonder and horror. 

"Like you believed in me?" Esme asks in a barely audible voice. Naeem pauses and slowly looks up to Esme and in that moment, a multitude of emotion crosses his face, most prominent of them being hurt and anger.

He looks back down to his lap where the snake was slithering and refuses to answer Esme's question or accusation. Esme just stands there with a look of barely hidden scorn on her face and takes a deep breath.

"Watch your actions, Abbas. Daddy dearest can't always save your punky little self," Esme says and kneels down next to my chair.

"You okay there, Ice queen?" she asks with a smile, gently brushing against my still shivering hands. 

I clutch her hand tightly in between mine as if they were my anchor in a stormy sea and feel a sob threatening to break out. I blink my eyes to keep the tears in. 

I didn't want to cry in front of nobles. I didn't want to cry in front anyone. 

"Hey, Izzy? Can you speak?" Esme asks again, her beautiful face clouded with concern.

"Yes," a short reply was all I could manage.

I look around my surroundings to find a distraction. Something that could divert my attention from what I just experienced. 

Akira. I look towards Akira who was still looking at Naeem in horror. He wasn't saying anything. Just quietly looking Naeem.

"If you want we can go to my house. It's just upstairs," Esme says again, gently tugging on my hands. 

"No, I am fine, Esme. Thank you for the offer," I manage to tell her without my voice trembling.

She doesn't look very convinced. But doesn't voice any of the opinions she might be having. She just bites her bottom lip and looks back at Naeem and then at me.

"Are you still frightened by him and his damned lizard?" She asks while her eyes narrow at Naeem who was still looking down. He was still holding the snake in his lap.

I look down at my hands. The have stopped shivering.

Was I? Afraid of Naeem? 

Of course!!! why wouldn't I? 

 What on Sol's temple was he doing to me? 

My reply must have been delayed as Esme started to answer for me. "There is no  need to be scared of him. I can kick him out if you want," she says sincerely.

I looked up to see her face again. She genuinely looked ready to kick him out. But I don't think she can. There will be consequences of kicking out a noble from any establishment. I couldn't possibly let her take that big of a risk. 

A booming noise startles me out of my thoughts. 

It sounded like a horn. What was that?

Just then, there was a flurry of movement near the door and a Farishta dressed in their usual all-black outfit barged in. But this one had a horn held tightly in his hands.

 He keeps the door held open behind him and I see the dark streets outside.

"An Israfil?" Akira's alarmed voice says next to me.

Why Israfil? What happened?

"An intruder has been spotted on the outer city.  Citizens must be back to their houses within an hour. Lock the doors and windows. Any suspicious activity must be reported to the nearest rune guard," he announces in an ominous tone and then promptly disappears into the waiting darkness that has been slowly descending outside the glowing restaurant.

Why did it suddenly get so dark outside?

GLOSSARY

*Original flowers (Wonhwa) :  A class of all female warriors in 16th century Silla, one of the three kingdoms of Korea. They were selected based on beauty and skill. Later on this class was abolished and replaced with all male class called the Hwarang. Later on the term was coined to mean female spiritual guides for Buddhist warriors.

*Israfil: The angel who blows the trumpet to signal the end of the world and Day of Judgement. Often considered to be the angel of music and resurrections. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how did you like this chapter? Please leave comments 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 43K 85
"What do you mean I was gifted to you?" "It is not good to eavesdrop but you heard it right. You are a gift that was forcefully imposed on me." "Y-Yo...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
6.5K 104 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
231K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...