You&Me: Book 4

varzanic tarafından

Saigon returns to Northern Ridge with mixed feelings. He can't seem to get Archer off of his mind. The moment... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Heading Home (Saigon)
Chapter 2: Old Friends (Saigon)
Chapter 3: Family Outing (Saigon)
Chapter 4: Competition (Saigon)
Chapter 5: Chocolate (Archer)
Chapter 6: The Hunt (Saigon)
Chapter 7: Patrol (Saigon)
Chapter 8: Rich and Shiny (Saigon)
Chapter 9: A Night Out (Archer)
Chapter 10: Sensitivity (Archer)
Chapter 11: Not Interested (Saigon)
Chapter 12: Cricket (Saigon)
Chapter 13: Secrets (Archer)
Chapter 14: Rivalry (Archer)
Chapter 15: Glass Shards (Archer)
Chapter 16: Father's Intervention (Archer)
Chapter 17: Bad Decision (Archer)
Chapter 18: Base Acid (Saigon)
Chapter 19: The Next Beta (Archer)
Chapter 20: Disapprove (Saigon)
Chapter 21: Shouldn't Have (Saigon)
Chapter 22: Relationship Sorrows (Saigon)
Chapter 23: Calculated (Saigon)
Chapter 24: Distraught Visitor (Saigon)
Chapter 25: A Second Mate (Archer)
Chapter 26: Such an Ass (Archer)
Chapter 27: A Messy Situation(Archer)
Chapter 28: Shopping (Saigon)
Chapter 29: Movie Night (Archer)
Chapter 30: Moon Drunk (Saigon)
Chapter 31: Fighting Drunken Rogues (Saigon)
Chapter 32: Curse (Archer)
Chapter 33: Advice (Archer)
Chapter 34: Human Holidays (Archer)
Chapter 35: Karen (Archer)
Chapter 36: Cake (Saigon)
Chapter 37: In-Laws (Saigon)
Chapter 38: Panic Attack (Archer)
Chapter 39: Pie (Archer)
Chapter 40: Family Secret (Saigon)
Chapter 41: Egg Casserole (Archer)
Chapter 42: Happy Tears (Archer)
Chapter 43: Rings (Saigon)
Chapter 44: Switch (Archer)
Chapter 45: Bad Reputation (Saigon)
Chapter 46: Boats (Archer)
Chapter 47: A Show (Saigon)
Chapter 48: Happiness (Saigon)
Chapter 49: The Ultimate Present (Archer)
Chapter 50: Love Me (Archer)
Chapter 51: Official Member (Saigon)
Chapter 53: Mate-Bonding (Archer)
Chapter 54: Sickness (Saigon)
Chapter 55: Open the Door (Archer)
Chapter 56: Nothing (Archer)
Chapter 57: Spray Down (Archer)
Chapter 58: Root Beer (Archer)
Chapter 59: The Train (Archer)
Chapter 60: Let Go Home
Chapter 61: Avalanche (Archer)
Chapter 62: Runaway (Saigon)
Chapter 63: My Way Home (Archer)
Chapter 64: Mating Trial (Archer)
Chapter 65: Marked (Archer)
Chapter 66: Panic Scars (Archer)
Chapter 67: Conversation (Saigon)
Chapter 68: Back Home (Archer)

Chapter 52: Honeymoon Period

2.1K 129 6
varzanic tarafından

(Archer)

I ran the vacuum over the carpet to get the last of the crunched-up popcorn. We should have moved the bowl to a safer place.

Saigon jogged down the stairs. "I found it." He lifted up his phone and hurried over. Kissing my cheek, he nuzzled my neck. "I'll be back around four."

"Sounds good."

"I bring something home for dinner."

"Good because this"—I pulled over my shirt—"doesn't mean I suddenly know how to cook."

"I'll handle that. Bye." He waved as he headed out the door.

With a sigh, I dropped onto the couch. It seemed unnatural to be this happy.

"Shit." I covered my face. It felt good.

Climbing to my feet, I finished cleaning up the living room and started to sort through the laundry. I was enjoying having my own machine. Sending out laundry was such a pain. I scratched at my mark. It was different to be on this side of a mating. The sex was better simply because of the climax. I sucked in my lips as memories filled my head.

I tugged at my hair. "I'm turning into a goddamn sub." A smile broke through. I'd be okay being Saigon's sub. Besides, he was the one that suggested that next time we could try it where I was the one topping when he marked me. That would be interesting. The imagery entered my head and I cursed when I felt my body react.

What was I, a horny teenager again?

I fell into the pile of clothes that smelled strongly of Saigon. I think this is what they meant by the honeymoon period, and it was a total mind-fuck.

***

"Archer!"

I wandered to the stairs and noticed three people standing in the entryway.

"They heard." Saigon shrugged as Liam and Cyrus took off their shoes.

"We brought donuts." Cyrus lifted the box of what looked to be dessert.

I wandered down the stairs. "How was your Christmas?"

They shrugged.

"Fine," said Liam. "We don't have human parents. The alpha house celebrates it but it's not as intense as at the Perri's. At least, that's what Daven said."

"Yeah," I rubbed my neck. "Karen can be a little intense."

Saigon scoffed and took the box. "She is a loving woman." He hurried into the kitchen. "Who also knows how to get her way."

We chuckled and followed him to the counter. I opened the box. It smelt like pure sugar.

"Congrats on becoming mates," said Liam.

I gave him a smile as I grabbed the chocolate-coated donut. "Thanks."

"Still weird, huh?"

I nodded. "I talk to my dad a bit before and after. He explained it."

"The sex is great, right?"

My face started to heat up as I glanced at Cyrus and Saigon. "I need a drink." I hurried to the fridge.

"What about you?" Cyrus slapped Saigon on the back. "That marks mess with your head."

Saigon nodded with a grin. "It does but in a good way. I loved him before the mark."

"Daven wants us to tell you congrats," said Liam. "He was a little pissed that he didn't go to the Perris' house this year."

"Jagger and Darius were there. That was plenty," said Saigon. "Not to mention my in-laws."

"They didn't do anything," I stated.

"Rupert was always staring at me. He's still terrifying."

I rolled my eyes and bit off half of the donut.

"The dude is on another level. I think I'm still traumatized from my pup years," muttered Saigon.

"Daven told us about him," said Cyrus. "Good luck. My in-laws are amazing."

"I got River," said Liam. "Nothing is better than that."

"My father isn't that bad." I glared at Saigon. "He's protective. It's second nature. Darius was the same with Raven."

"My uncle is intimidating, Rupert flat out scares the shit out of me," said Saigon.

"Good," I replied. "It'll keep you from doing anything stupid."

Saigon hugged me from behind. "I would never do anything stupid."

"Sure," I muttered, finishing off my donut.

Cyrus and Liam eyed each other and Saigon continued to cling to me. It was starting to be a little excessive.

"Honeymoon phase," whispered Liam, making his mate grin.

"Saigon," I groaned. "Stop it."

"No, you're my mate." He pouted and put his chin on my shoulder. "I can show you affection in public now."

"You're making them feel weird."

Liam and Cyrus grinned at us as they each took a donut.

"Hey," said Cyrus, "do you guys want to watch a movie? I don't have class until afternoon."

I felt my face blare red. I quickly hid behind my hands as Saigon continued to cling to me. Why was I being so embarrassing? All these stupid memories of last night need to go away.

Liam eyed me. "Is something wrong?"

"No," I stated, eyeing Saigon. "Nothing's wrong. A movie sounds great. The case is out if you want to look at what we have."

Cyrus hurried off to do so as Liam was slow to follow.

"I'll make popcorn!" said Saigon with a cheesy grin. "Do you want me to sprinkle chocolate on top," he whispered in my ear. "I know how you love chocolate." His hand pressed against my lower abdomen.

I grabbed his wrist. "No. Normal popcorn." I peered into his eyes. "And nothing else."

***

We jogged around the circle and slowed down at the gate. It seemed rather pointless to go around and around the track. We weren't going anywhere. The scenery never changed, but it was nice to get out and run.

"That was good." Saigon put his hands above his head.

"Does it remind you of the hunting party?"

"No," he laughed. "It's early and cold, but not nearly as exciting. I did get to chase you around, though." He flashed me a grin.

I rolled my eyes. "It's nice to get out."

"Not too many humans."

Glancing at the small group of boys, I shook my head. "I'm not that sensitive. I can handle a couple humans hanging around."

Saigon put his arm around my shoulders. "Well, I have class later so we better head back."

We walked through the gate and started down the sidewalk that led to the apartment. We got occasional looks from the few humans that were out and about. Saigon ignored it, but humans always made me weary, so I picked up on the new attention rather quickly. It felt nice being able to do this with him. Smiling to myself, I leaned into my mate.

Saigon seemed a little surprised but squeezed me to him. "We could stop and get a coffee if you want."

I shook my head. "I like water. The drinks here are kind of gross."

He laughed. "I guess I've grown to like it. Living with—" he motioned around us. "That's probably a part of it as well. They have hot chocolate. You like milk, and it's basically chocolate milk that is warmed up."

"Hmm..." I wasn't too sure.

"It's good, I promise."

With a sigh, I let him veer me off path to the coffee shop nearby. There were way more humans. They were practically swarming the place. It looked more like a human beehive than a store.

"Wait here, I'll go in and get it." He pointed to the bench that was across the street from the shop.

I quickly sat down. I didn't want to go in there and was content to watch Saigon wade through the swarm. Laying my head back, I peered up at the sky and rubbed my shoulder. Having Saigon's mark had helped me. Humans didn't cause the same effect. I didn't feel like I had to fight them off by myself. I had Saigon with me. Life was taking a change for the better.

People wandered by and I took the opportunity to observe them while I waited. Humans weren't too scary. The college one at least didn't come across as a threat. I watched a group of girls who were giggling about something. Saigon finally emerged and hurried across the street after checking for cars.

I stood and took the warm cup from him. I sniffed it and it smelt good. I might like this one. Taking a sip, I smiled at the warmth and chocolate taste.

"See, I told you."

I glanced at the group of girls and saw they were watching us. My face flushed red.

"They werewolves," whispered Saigon in my ear. "From Midfield. They know who I am and that I took a mate. I chatted with them a bit while we waited."

"Oh." I sipped from my cup. This was getting more awkward.

Saigon waved at them before taking my hand and leading me down the street. I could feel the heat rising from the back of my neck. I kept taking small sips of my drink, hoping the heat from it would hide my reaction.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.3M 40.8K 51
Sam never searched for his mate, always the lone wolf. The thought of a mate was always in the back of his mind but he wasn't eager to find his othe...
193K 6.8K 15
[NOTICE BEFORE READING] This story is currently being remade. I will not be posting any more chapters in this story but I may post any notices that c...
1M 55K 40
On his first moon, Aden finds a white werewolf with red markings staring back at him in his reflection. He is definitely a sub but with a little extr...
548K 20.1K 51
Enzo Olivieri is a Beta in the Blood Horizon Pack with his best friend and becoming Alpha, Zev Waters. When Enzo finds his mate, Ivan, he rejects him...