Let's Marry Whom My Sister Lo...

By shobani

I witnessed my husband's affair with my younger step-sister on our one-year anniversary. I started to drink a... More

Preface
Prologue
Chasing Stars (1)
Chasing Stars (2)
Chasing Stars (3)
Chasing Stars (4)
Chasing Stars (5)
Chasing Stars (6)
Chasing Stars (7)
Chasing Stars (8)
Chasing Stars (9)
Chasing Stars (10)
Chasing Stars (12)
Chasing Stars (13)
Chasing Stars (14)
Chasing Stars (15)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (16)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (17)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (18)
Scent of The Stolen Butterfly (19)

Chasing Stars (11)

2K 63 2
By shobani

Chapter 11

"Milady you mustn't take at least a spoonful of sugar."

"Here milady, drink a glass of water instead."

"But I'm hungry! Can't I eat...?"

"You must not, milady!"

"Please endure this for a while...!"

It's already 6 in the evening and I am already starving to death. No one would let me eat even a tablespoon of rice. The maids who were in charge to dress me up kept complaining that the corset won't fit me if my stomach gets bigger.

"Would it matter if my stomach does not fit my corset?"

"Of course milady!"

They kept telling me to drink water to fill my hunger but drinking a glass of water is not helping at all!

"I'm hungry. Libbe please...!"

I looked at Libbe who was preparing my makeup. I tried my best face to look pitiful in her eyes but she just shrugged it off and avoid eye contact.

"I'm sorry milady! But beauty is pain!"

... Libbe you traitor...!

I swear to God that I'll be eating as much as I can when the banquet starts.

"Don't worry milady. We'll make sure that you'll be the prettiest lady at the party."

"We'll make sure that the prince will fall for milady's charms!"

"T-thank you. But I don't need it."

Since I'm already his fiance after all.

The maids took a lot of time to doll me up. And I can say that they did pretty well.

They kept my hair in a braid-bun and added violet and beaded hair dress on my hair. Simple but pretty.

The blue gown fitted me. It may look uncomfortable at first because of the tight corset and the big ruffles on the dress, but it was comfortable.

Well except for the fact that I'm hungry.

I wore white laced heels that is probably hidden by my gown, so it was not much of a use. But oh well, a lady's appearance is a woman's virtue.

(A/N: not at all times lmao ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

They also applied light makeup that fits for the night. My maids are skilled with these types of things.

"You look wonderful, milady!"

Libbe commented.

"Thank you. It is all thanks to everyone's hard work."

"You're welcome milady!"

I looked at the huge body mirror for a long time and noticed that something is missing.

Besides the hair dress on my hair and the beautiful gown I'm wearing, come to think of it I am not wearing any other accessories other than the hair dress.

Oh right, I forgot to wear Sapphire Forest...!

"Libbe, can you bring to me the small white box on my desk?"

Libbe nodded and took the box that was placed on my desk. She handed it to me and looked at it curiously.

"What's inside that box, milady?"

I smiled at her, still not opening the box.

"It's something very valuable."

I figured that I should just wear it later, where no one can see me wearing it.

This ring is known by almost everyone since it is not only in the history books, but it is also being thought of to everyone as the Imperial Heirloom.

Even someone like Libbe knows what Sapphire Forest is and what it looks like.

I can't wear it out in the open as of now. There are too many eyes. I don't want to spoil the surprise now, don't I?

"Where is my father?"

I asked Libbe.

"The Marquis is currently waiting for Lady Rachelle at the main Hall. He forgot to inform you that he will be riding the same carriage with her upon the lady's request."

I nodded in silence.

It was right for a father to go with Rachelle, if he didn't, Rachelle might do something unladylike and tarnish our family's reputation.

Rachelle might be thought etiquette when she was young, and she still lacks and is currently lacking other information.

She sometimes makes mistakes but takes them too lightly, and I guess father won't like that.

"Libbe, I'm going to see father. Take me to him."

"As you wish, milady."

***

"Father!"

Father who was talking to China turned to me as soon as he heard his voice. He smiled at me and I walked towards him.

"Cecil. You look lovely as always."

"Thank you, father. I am flattered."

He turned to Chon, whispering something to him before he dismissed him.

"Where is Rachelle? If she takes any longer you'll end up going late for the party."

"There's still time. Don't worry about us."

"Anyways, I have to tell you something."

"Is it something regarding your engagement with the crown prince?"

I raised a brow as I looked at him weirdly.

"Well, not really. But I wanted to show you this before I wear it."

I showed him the white box in my hand and gave it to him. I looked around to make sure there was no one watching us, but luckily not.

"What's this?"

"Open it."

He opened it gently as his eyes widened, closing the box once again.

"C-Cecil this is—"

I put a finger on my lip trying to blink my eyes to signal him not to say it out loud.

"D-did His Highness give this to you?"

I nodded in response.

"He told me to wear that on his birthday."

"Will you wear it?"

"I will. But maybe later."

Soon, the carriage arrived so I said goodbye to father, whom I will still be meeting later though. He escorted me until I rode the carriage and took off.

I took the ring from the box and wore it. I extended my arm as I locked my eyes onto the ring. It was mesmerizing to the point where I can't wonder how it's made of.

'Imperial jewelry is a unique kind.'

In the letter, the prince mentioned that I should make a stop at his office at his palace. He said that it was just right that people see us going into the banquet together.

So I told the coachman to stop the carriage when we enter the garden.

'Another carriage in white will be waiting for you at the garden. Take it and it will lead you to my palace.'

That's what he said in the letter.

It was a good thing that I needn't walk in this outfit. The garden is very huge and much more palaces will I have to pass by before arriving at his palace.

"Stop the carriage"

The carriage immediately stopped so I opened the door and slowly got off. The coachman quickly rushed to my side.

"Miss, is there something wrong? The main hall is still a palace away from the garden."

I raised my hand and shook my head.

"No need to bring me there. I still have an errand to run, uh— here."

"Then I shall wait for here, milady."

"No need to wait for me. You can go."

He hesitated and looked like he wanted to disagree but only nodded and bowed his head.

"Then I shall get going, milady."

I nodded as he took the carriage and went away.

In the distance, I can see a white carriage at the bushes so I walked closer to it checking if it was the carriage the prince sent me.

While walking closer, my heart galloped upon hearing a certain voice calling for me.

"Milady"

I looked to see who was there, to see it was the butler who had blue hair. I believe he was the one I saw when I visited the prince not long ago

"You're the prince's butler. Did he perhaps send you to me, mister?"

He put his hand on his chest and lowered his head.

"Yes, I am milady. I am Vaughn Lillyns, please call me Vaughn."

I lowered my head as I curtsied.

"Nice to meet you, Vaughn. I am Cecil Andreas."

"A lovely evening, isn't it miss? Now if I may I think we should get going. We don't want to be late for the banquet, don't we?"

He made steady eye contact with me showing me the confidence he is eager to boost.

Was he perhaps looking down at me? Even though I was in a much higher status? The way he talks and his body movements say so, but I don't think someone like him would do such an imbecile move.

He extended his hand as he leaned on the carriage. I grabbed his hand as he assists me.

"Then let's go, Vaughn. We must not keep his Highness waiting."

He slightly chuckles as he gently closed the carriage door.

"I will heed your orders, milady."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 3.2K 63
( UNEDITED ) First Place Holder in Writer's Choice Awards 2020 ☘️ " I didn't know that you were my would be wife", I clear my throat and said coldly...
22.8K 960 26
Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarnated as Queen Estella de Royalis, the vil...
985K 12.6K 13
Olivia is a shy, reserved, and lonely 24 years old lady who had fallen in love with a man that ended up marrying her twin sister Sophia, right before...
3.1M 139K 57
Romance Ranking: #1 on 05/09/17 #2 on 07/08/17 #3 on 06/08/17 ----------- My phone fell down with a loud thud and he trapped me to the headboard of o...