The Body Guard

By ariella0610

"Let me tell you something, William." I say as I watch his tall figure lean over me, with my body pressed int... More

Introductory
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
Epilouge
NEW BOOK

CHAPTER 20

2.1K 48 4
By ariella0610

Genesis

When I wake up, Liam is gone. I sit up and look around my room blankly. Nothing seems to have changed since last night, other than I'm going to be a married woman at 4:00 pm today.

I'm greeted by 3 maids and Martina and Mariana. I previously asked if Alina could attend the wedding, and I was denied by Carlos. He thought she could be a threat to the wedding some how.

"Buongiorno." Says Mariana as she grabs me out of the bed. "Your room looks so empty, amore!" She exclaims.

"It's really early. Are we getting ready right now?" I ask.

"Sí!" Says Mariana. "You don't look like a bride yet, but by the time me and my team are done with you, you will look like a bride." She squeals.

"Goodie." I say.

Martina glares at me from across the room. Why the hell is she bitchy today.

The maids bring me breakfast which includes caffè latte with a fette biscottate. After I eat, I have hands all over. Reaching across my face and all around.

Mariana wraps me in a black silk robe, then does my makeup. They finish it with a matte red lip.

Martina shrieks. "She looks like an Italian Bride!"
I roll my eyes. Everyone steps away to take 5.
I look at myself in the mirror. Wow. They did good.

My mind drifts away from my makeup and to Liam. He promised to stay. I want to go see him.

"Come come! We have to do your hair now." Says Mariana.

I look back and forth between Martina and Mariana.

"Can I have a minute? It's only 10:30." I say.

Martina let's out a annoyed sigh.
"You can start on Martinas makeup." I imply.

They all nod. I'm all shaken and sweaty. I don't know if I can do this. Live with Carlos. Have a honey moon with him. And give him children? The thought of it irks my soul.

I go over to the bathroom and close the door. I pace around and stand and look at myself in the mirror.

"What is wrong with me..?" I whisper, looking into the mirror. "Get yourself together Gen." I mumble.

I take a deep breath. I guess Carlos had a point. If I just accept it then It could be easier.

What the hell am I saying?

I walk out of the bathroom and sit back down.
They begin working on my hair.

My mind isn't where it should be. I'm thinking about Carlos and Liam and how my father hasn't bothered to come see me yet.

About almost 3 hours pass and they finish doing my hair.

My eyes widen when I look in the mirror.
"This is.. davvero extra." I mumble, as I begin touching the curls.

Marianna swats my hand.
"Don't touch it!" She exclaims. I glare at her and drop my hands.

"Dio mio." Mumbles Mariana.
"Bellissima." She says as she shakes her head. She looks like she's going to cry. I give a slight smile. I wish my mother was here to see me.

I see one of the maids that came from outside my room whisper to another maid.

I sit down at the vanity and look in the mirror watching all the commotion behind me.

"Signorina, I was informed to tell you that Don Carlos would like to see you. He is across the hallway." Says a maid as she leans down to tell me.

I nod. I suppose I'll go see what he wants.

I walk over to the other room and see Carlos with no shirt on. Just his pants for the wedding.

"Che cosa, Carlos?" I ask.

When he sees me his eyes light up. His eyes travel down my body and and back up to my face and hair.

"You know, your mother wouldn't be happy to know that you are seeing me before the wedding. It's against tradition.." I say.

He closes to door.

"She doesn't need to know." He says.
I look away from him.

"What did you want?" I ask.
"Vieni qui." He says.

I just look at him. Why does he have to be so damn attractive. He's abusive and toxic. And he leaves trails of those traits on my arms and wrists. Thinking about this, causes me to look down at my wrist. Still bruised.

Then I slowly walk over to him.

"I have a gift for you. A wedding present." He says as he stands closer to me. His scent smells like mahogany and bergamot.

My eyes slowly rise to his face and a velvet box appears in his hands. He opens it and shows me a pair of diamond stud earrings. It seems to match my ring. I look down at my finger and realize for once I'm actually wearing it.

I forgot I put it on. 

"They're beautiful. But you didn't need to get me earrings." I imply.

He tugs me forward, almost causing me to trip and fall.
His chest is against mine.
I give him a weird look as a smirk appears across his face.

"Nervous, amore?" He asks, as he moves all my hair off my shoulder and glides his hand back, holding all of my hair up.

My breath hitches.

He puts the earrings in my ears.
"Why would I be nervous? This wedding isn't real. We aren't real." I mumble.

He sighs.
"You know, out of all the women that are eligible for an arranged marriage, I would've still picked you." He says.

I look at him blankly.
"Why..? Everyone knows your the player of Italy." I say.

"Because..", he leans into my ear, "your perfect." He breathes into my neck.

I shove him back. "You may know information about me and my background, but you don't actually know me." I exclaim.

With a huff I turn around on my heel and begin to walk out when he tugs my arm back.

"Let go! I'm sick of your shit." I yank my arm back.

"Your out of time, Genesis." He mentions. "Your mine after today." He says.

I give him a nasty glare before I walk back out. As I walk out, I bump into my father.

"Genesis. I was just coming to see you. You look....bellissima." He says.

I stand there and watch him. He looks confused.
I slowly pull him into a hug.
"What is the matter of this?" He questions.

"Please don't leave me." I mumble.

He stares at me until I pull away.

"Genesis! Vieni qui!" Shrieks Mariana.
I walk back to the room and we finish with everything.

I haven't seen Liam yet. And I don't know why but it's stressing me out.

I glance at the clock. It reads 2:47 pm.
How has the time pasted so quick?

Mariana and Martina get me into my wedding dress. Everyone is dressed now as well.

Martina hands me a bouquet.
I lift an eyebrow at the bouquet.

"Qual è il problema?" Asks Martina.

"I'm surprised that Carlos allowed a bouquet." I say. Martina gives me a dirty look as she fluffs the trail of my dress.

"What do you think?" Asks Mariana as we all look in the full length mirror.

I hesitate before answering.
"Well. The hair is a bit much but, I definitely look like a bride I suppose." I mumble.

"Cheer up, amore! It's your wedding day." Exclaims Mariana.

I blink at her.
Then there's a knock on the door.
Martina peeps her head out and starts yelling.

I glance over my shoulder and peep Carlos standing outside my door.

"It's against tradition to see your bride before the ceremony!!" Yells Martina. Me and Mariana exchange looks.

Martina finally comes back in.
"The men are going to the chapel now." Says Martina with a huff.

I nod and keep rubbing my fingers back and forth between the rose pedals, resulting in It to crumble. At least Martina doesn't catch me doing so.

Martina and Mariana exit the room and wait for me. I take a glance around my room one last time. It does look empty. All my things have been packed up and taken to my new house.

I flick the light off and walk out. We all walk down the stairs and I look around the halls but no sign of Liam. He must be escorting my father.

Mariana grabs the hem of my dress and we get into the range rovers. It's a long drive getting there, I must admit. The whole time I'm crumbling my bouquet, one pedal to another.

Mariana catches me and her hand flies down to mine and squeezes it. "You are beautiful, amore." She winks at me.

"Grazie." I mumble with a small smile. My heart just keeps racing and I tap my foot, I rub the pedals until they are black and wilted, I crack my knuckles one too many times.

And then I see the Chapel come into view. A crowd surrounds the entrance. Paparazzi and press are all here to see Carlos Salvatore's wedding. The event of Italy.

As we step out I'm flashed by cameras, people asking questions and people talking about the Salvatore's winery.

I get pushed into a powder room by Martina. I examine the room and there is a full length gold mirror, a lounge right chair, and vanity. There's also a back door that leads out to the main hall, where I will be getting married.

Martina's smile disappears. She begins running her fingers through my hair, until she's satisfied.
"I will have you know, that my family is better off without you. But you will do for my son." She says.

My eyes widen a bit.

"And I will have you know, I never ever wanted to be part of your family." I reply harshly.

She gapes at me. "Your a ragazza of very little knowledge. You know nothing of the sort of how to run an empire like my son." She says.

"It's almost time. I suggest you wait in here until I have one of my men escort you to your father to walk down the isle." She says as she closes the door.

I'm left alone in the powder room. What a bitch. I can't believe she said that. I check the time. 3:37 pm.

I sit down on the lounge right chair. My slit rises and I rest my hand on top of it to keep it from exposing my leg.

I hear the door creak open. I don't look up because I'm already expecting one person. Carlos.

"Gen." I hear.
I flicker my eyes up and see Liam. I run up to him.

"You're here." I say, looking into his brown eyes.
"I thought you weren't coming." I say.

He smiles a bit. "I can't be here long." He mentions.

I nod and look away. I then realize he's checking me out all over.

"What? Is it the hair?" I ask, looking over my shoulder to see into the mirror.

He yanks me towards him and brings me close.
"No... your beautiful. In every way." He says.

I feel hot. I'm definitely blushing.
I feel his hand wrap around the back of my neck, pulling my face close to his. I reach out for him and begin kissing him. I pull away to examine him. He's wearing a traditional tux, but the shirt underneath is black instead of white.

"I love you." I mumble.

He kisses me again. And again and again.
I finally have to push him off because we're getting carried away.

I wipe the side of my mouth with my thumb.
"Sorry." He mumbles. "I only have a few minutes left but, I'll be out there." He says.

I nod, looking up into his gorgeous eyes.
There's a knock at the door and I jump.

"Genesis, I'm here to escort you." We hear a voice. Must be one of Martina's men.

"Okay one second!" I yell.
I look back to him. He grabs my hand and I see him dig around in his pocket. He grabs a crumpled up piece of paper and slaps into my hand. He folds my hand, with the paper inside.

I give him a confused look.
"What is th-" I begin.

"Genesis?!" We hear again.
"I'm coming!!" I scream.

"Read it later." He says. He stares into my eyes and kisses my cheek. He drops my hand and walks out the back door.

I open the door and the other body guard looks annoyed. "Your late." He whispers.
"Shut up." I whisper back.

I see my father and he links arms with me. I look down the long isle. It seems to go on for miles.
Then the music begins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 1.7K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
19.2K 558 25
Suddenly, he pulled me towards him by my waist... A little yelp escapes from my mouth and i grab his suit or jacket whatever he is wearing... My hear...
284K 12.6K 36
TODAY: NO, I can't stay here. I should go out from here at any cost. But how? I am sure they will keenly watching me, and i should think of any othe...
22.7M 774K 50
"Your problem is that your heart is too big, it leaves you vulnerable and makes you weak." He spoke in such certainty that it brought tears to my eye...