Remade as a SOUL in Deltarune

By Truenote

When I had just finished creating my character in Deltarune, which was then discarded by the game, everything... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3 School
Chapter 4 Falling down
Chapter 5 System update and the Dark World
Chapter 6 The bad guy
Chapter 7 - Vs Lancer
Chapter 8 Kris's... Truth

Chapter 2 Arrival

1.5K 47 12
By Truenote

<Third-Person Pov>

The soul of the protagonist was about to reach the multiverse until it suddenly disappeared just as it was about to enter.

Meanwhile somewhere outside that multiverse.

Kris was sleeping when suddenly the small and empty SOUL of the protagonist appeared inside of Kris's body.

The small SOUL was still unconscious when it arrived and Kris was asleep so nothing happened for the time being.

A large red SOUL suddenly appeared Pushing the much smaller SOUL to the far back of Kris's body.

<Protagonist's pov>

All I could see was blackness until I suddenly felt drowsy all over.

I could suddenly feel "my eyes" open up as I heard a woman's voice.

"KRIS!"

I was under blankets so I couldn't see anything but I heard what they said.

"Kris if you don't wake up we will be late for school!"

I suddenly heard the woman walking and then opening up a window curtain.

She then said, "I will be waiting outside."

She then left the room.

All of a sudden, "my body" got up and took the blankets off without me telling it to. 'What the hell!?' It was a strange feeling not being in control of your own body.

The world suddenly stopped and everything turned black as I felt my body turn into nothing.

_________________________________________________________

I was suddenly reformed in a dark pitch area and I could not see anything. 

Four wheels then formed Infront of me that said SOULs, Attack, Defence , and Abilities.

I then dropped onto the floor for a bit processing what just happened to me.

I had died, was given a system from a mysterious being, was then reincarnated into a body I had no control over which was probably Kris's body from Deltarune and I suddenly got teleported here to this strange area.

...

What the hell!?

None of this makes sense!

I looked at the wheels with disbelief.

Just as I looked at the wheels I realized that my body felt different and smaller than I used to be.

I look down to see a yellow hand making me jump back in fright.

It seemed that I was in Kris's body.

"What the hell! Why the hell am I yellow... oh right I must still be Kris. Wait why am I here. Wait I died! If that voice was correct then am I dead! But why was I sent here! I don't want to be here I want to go back home.... home... HOME! If I'm dead then that means that I am never going to see my them! My family. Hey! You! The One who brought me HERE! Take me back! I don't care if I am in deltarune! I would rather be in reality!" slammed my fist against the dark floor of the room doing zero damage. Tears started to leak out of my eyes as I began to cry my heart out.

But no matter how much I begged to be brought back home or for the being who brought me here to at least tell me what was going on.

Nobody had came.

.........

A bit of time later.

'I guess that's it huh. HAHAHAHAHA! I am never going to go back home!' I then made a pained and crazed smile as more tears poured.

I then looked at the wheels and came up with a new thought 'NO! NO! That's it! That VOICE FROM BEFORE said something about a system! Yeah! Like in those light novels! Maybe if I become max level I could go back or if I complete all the quests given to me I could go back home! Since my old body was electrocuted I guess I will have to return with this body but that's alright since it's better then nothing!' I finally gained some joy from this thought pushing all other negative thoughts to the back of my mind as I walked to the closest wheel.

The first wheel was called SOULs. I KNEW called Souls because of the sign on top of it saying SOUls. had SOULs that were from Undertale and the fandom around the Undertale. There were SOULs such as a Monster SOUL, determination SOUL, hate SOUL, and fear SOUL on the wheel.

The ones that said attack and defense were probably the stats I will start off with.

The last one is called abilities. I guessed it had so many different abilities because there were so many lines that they were all incredibly tiny slivers in the wheel.

........

'This must be the beginner package that is given at the start. I guess since this system there must be a way to check stats.'

I then said something that I never thought I would say in a serious tone.

"Status."

_________________________________________________________

Name: Kris (Tod)

Gender: Unknown (Male)

LOVE:1 (1)

Hp:20/20 (30/30)

SOUL trait: Determination (None)

Attack: 10 (None)

Defence:10 (None)

Abilities: Fight, Act, Item, Spare, (None).

_________________________________________________________

...

So this is what sharing a body with another person does to your status.

This confirmed that I was in Kris's body. 

'Hmm.'

I then look at the SOUL wheel and decided to spin the wheel.

It went fast and slowly slowed down and landed on a soul trait that I had never heard about.

[You got the soul trait Innocence. ]

[Description: It is found among sheltered kids. It represents literal innocence and lack of experience and/or knowledge. However, a more uncommon trait among Innocence SOULs is an empathy trait similar to Empathy, capable of feeling others emotions but unable to manipulate them. Innocence SOULs are also represented by generally good people who haven't let the world drag them down.]

[A SOUL trait that no longer describes you after all you have been through but will now affect your personality.]

Well shit.

I frown but it then turns into a smile as I then decide to try harder as I then spun the defence and attack wheels at the same time.

They then landed on two different numbers.

[You got 30 defence.]

[You got 5 attack.]

'So I am basically a Meat Shield? Cool!'

I then jumped around in joy before realizing something.

'This SOUL trait is already affecting how I think and act!'

I stopped and calmly approached the second wheel with a singular purpose in mind. 

'I need to get something powerful to stop the player just in case they do genocide.'

I then shook my head as I then thought as I then smiled 'There is no way they would do genocide. I mean there is no point in doing genocide. Yes, there is! This damn SOUL trait keeps changing my thoughts!'

I then spun the ability wheel as hard as I could. It then landed on a skill after spinning for a bit.

It barely had any description, but I understood what it meant.

[You got the skill Remembrance.]

[Description: You are able to remember anything that happens.]

Suddenly the wheels disappeared as everything turned white making me close my eyes.

___________________________________________ 

So it's been a while since I updated this.

I have decided to change the plot of this book since I am already writing about Undertale so why not focus a bit more on Deltarune. What do you think? 
Also the soul that was introduced in this can be found at 
Undertale au wiki: fanmade souls Colors/SOULs.

Anyways I will see you all next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 851 9
Y/n was born in the real world but he had lacked adventure in his life. The only thing that had given him a sense of adventure was a few games like u...
2.9K 67 23
After solving a small issue, a bigger issue had popped up. But luckily for Kris, this one would reveal who they really wanted to be. All characters...
34.2K 405 94
Just some oneshots I wrote up. Requests are closed, thank you all for requesting and reading. All characters are owned by Toby Fox.
73.6K 2.5K 18
"𝕋𝕙𝕖 [[𝔸ℕ𝔾𝔼𝕃]] 𝕙𝕒𝕀 π•—π•’π•π•π•–π•Ÿ π•—π•£π• π•ž [[ℍ𝔼𝔸𝕍𝔼ℕ]]" For the past week your phone wouldn't stop ringing. Call after call, day after day...