What Is A Pirate? Legolas x F...

By Bambi-Sempai

Y/n Blackblade. A name given to her because of the powerful sword she carries around, is one of the closest a... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
A/N

Chapter 2

3.6K 103 30
By Bambi-Sempai

"I warn you boy. You do not want to cross blades with me."

"We'll see"

Metal clashed against leather as the two fought. Both not seeming too apt on actually harming the other as they danced across the unmoving deck.

"Last chance! You should take it while my sword is still sheathed!" she called. "I am not threatened by your empty words" Legolas reacted. "You're making a mistake! A mistake whichs magnitude you cannot fathom!" the pirate insisted while jumping on the rails, the elf following suit. "I will take my chances!" he jabbed his dagger forward but his opponent dodged it by jumping back. He swung forward again, only to be dodged once more but this time the woman stumbled slightly and lost her balance, her arms flailing trying to gain it back. But before she could the blond had grabbed the front of her shirt so that she was leaning back into the air, only the tips of her boots connecting her to her beloved ship. The elf gave her a triumphed look that she returned with an equally smug smile. This led the man to furrow his brows in confusion and gasp as the woman bend her knees and jumped back making him loose the grip on her clothes and sending her flying towards the earth where she landed on her feet.

But the force with which she had hit the ground was too much so with a deep groan she fell onto her back. Her hat rolling a few feet away. Legolas was perplexed at the daring and quite possible dangerous act that could only be done by a person with no self-preservation instinct and stood surprised for only a few seconds before he jumped after her.

Y/n was using her sword to help her stand up as the elf landed lightly before her. Much more elegantly than she had, not even a little grunt left his lips and it didn't even take him a second to hold his dagger to her throat again.

"I'm not in a joking mood either." he told her. A nervous smile danced across her face as she chuckled lightly.

"About that..." she uttered carefully, slowly sinking back to the ground.

"A few carefully worded jokes might be acceptable."

Legolas opened his mouth to mock her a little further when sand suddenly hit his face. His eyes closed and he stumbled back rubbing his now dirtied face. That was enough time for (y/n) to get up and push her blade to his chest.

When he could finally open his eyes again, he gave her a shocked and slightly disappointed look.

"You cheated!" he complained sounding rather disappointed but the woman just gave him a mock courtesy and uttered one word as if could explain this whole situation.

"Pirate."

But the elf didn't understand as his face twisted in confusion.

"What is a pirate?"

Now it was her turn to look outraged.

"What is a pirate? Are ye bein' serious mate?" But the elf just squinted his eyes for a second effectively explaining his lack of understanding.

She groaned. "Say it ain't so! How can you not know of pirates?" He shrugged as she, now aggravated failed her arms and turned her head to the side, a situation he used to raise his dagger again. The woman gave him a disapproving look before sighing.

"I've had enough of this!" she yelled pulling her sword from its sheath revealing the shining black metal. She swung her weapon expertly so it touched the elven-dagger and glided through it. Efficiently cutting it in half. The tip of the weapon fell to the ground with a muffled clank due to the grass. The elves eyes widened in shock as the black blade was pointed at him now.

"I told ya to run while my bade was still sheathed but no! You just had to continue. Men and their silly pride."

She seethed through teeth gritted.

Their eyes met and another battle started, this time fraught only with their mind as blue clashed with e/c.

"I do not want this win. And I did not want this fight. I only want answers!"

She spoke slowly and calmly, yet her tone was still sharp.

"I have given you answers!"

"They weren't the right ones!"

"They're to only ones I have!"

The woman held his gaze a few more seconds before removing her sword and returning it to its home at her waist.

"You may leave." she stated while massaging her wrist before walking back towards the boat looking for a way of entry.

As she walked away the elf took the chance to inspect his broken weapon. The daggers blade was cut clean just like a piece of paper. He pocketed the now useless weapon and turned his head, spotting the woman's hat that had fallen of. Getting an idea, he picked it up before turning toward the (blonde/raven haired/brunette/red headed) woman who was currently halfway through a gunport, with her legs still dangling outside and pushing against the ships walls trying to get inside. With a muffled thump she finally succeeded and landed inside.

Quickly she moved towards the stairs that led to the main-deck. When she pushed open the wooden door she was met by a pair of blue eyes and her hat. Surprised she stumbled back a bit pointing an accusing finger but staying quiet. Instead, just reaching for her beloved cap that was then immediately pulled out of her reach. A fiery leer was shot at the blond man who simply ignored it. Instead, he asked:

"That sword. How did you acquire it?"

"T'was a gift."

"A gift? A gift by whom?"

"A friend?"

"A friend like the one that looks like me?"

"It is quite scary how much you two look alike. Truly."

A humorless chuckle left the blonds mouth.

"Was it an elf?" he inquired further.

"Elf? Nay he was human. A blacksmith. Though he could never dream of welting a weapon like this. As good as he may have been. Besides this old pirate ain't never seen an elf before, savvy? Doubt they even exist." She started heading towards the captains quarters letting the man keep her hat for a short while longer. Legolas followed suit but upon realizing that she had walked into a bedroom he stopped walking and instead stood awkwardly in the doorway. He watched as she paced around grabbing a bag and stuffing random things in it.

"You doubt that elves exist?" Legolas asked in disbelief.

"Alright mate listen." she said while opening and closing the drawers on her desk. "I have believed, encountered, lived through, started AND ended many fables. Talking skeletons, undead pirates, Gods trapped in human bodies, sirens, witches and warlocks but elves? That is takin' things a step to far, ay?"

She picked up a small dagger and slipped it into her coat pocket.

"Do you not like elves?" he asked a bit of hurt or maybe anger hidden in his voice.

"Ay, c'mon boy. Tiny little creatures breaking into your home to fix all your things or steal all yer socks. How am I supposed to believe that? Trust me mate, I'm not the smartest person in this world. I'm a pirate that is kind of to be expected, but this is taking it too far, even for me."

The blond elf couldn't help himself but to chuckle in disbelief.

"Is that what you think elves are?"

Y/n looked at him across the room while she was stuffing gunpowder and bullets into her bag.

"Is it not?"

"No."

"Huh. Fancy that."

She shrugged and turned her back again taking a small pouch from a shelf and looking inside. Not really caring much for the conversation she was having.

"Well, if you know elves so well what are they like?" she asked shaking the contents of the small leather bag. It held sea glass and seashells. Absentmindedly she stuffed it into her pocket.

"You tell me." he countered, confused she turned to him.

"You're speaking to one."

Her brows furrowed.

"What?"

Instead of answering he turned his head to the side and gestured to his pointed ears. She stepped closer to him inspecting the man before her more closely.

It was true.

There was something different about him, not counting the sharpened ears of course. An aura if you will. Maybe it was in the way he stood, or the way he walked and talked. There was something about him that seemed better. Like he was just generally superior.

She didn't like that.

Pirates were flawed that's why she got along with them so well. This guy before her had to little flaws. If any.

"Huh." she said again before going to leave the room but got stopped by Legolas grabbing her arm.

"Wait. I give you answers and you give them to me." he stated.

Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Of course." She shrugged his arm off and snatched her hat out of his now loosened grip. Triumphantly placing it on her head again. Shooting him a glance over her shoulder.

"Ask away"

The elf gave her a calculating look as she started walking off again.

"The sword." he uttered after a while.

"What about it?"

"Everything."

"We'll its the most powerful sword on earth. Don't you know the songs?"

"Songs?" His interest was peaked. Most folk of Middle earth had a deep connection to music. He new many songs about legends and history, so a new one was intriguing.

The pirate nodded before slowly singing the lyrics and swaying her head lazily: "Blackblade, Blackblade. A blade as dark as night. The blade once white has darkened now, soaked with the blood of thousands now. Don't cross it in a fight."

There was no recognition in his eyes so she just shrugged him of and moved to put the four bottles that were still just standing on the deck, left behind earlier into her bag.

"Growing up without sea chanties singing of pirates and treasures must have been dull."

"You've said it again." Y/n looked up and gave him a questioning gaze.

"Pirate. What is that? You said you were one."

"Because I am."

"Well, what is it?"

She sighed and started frustratedly rubbing her eyes.

"I-i-it's a sailor. We eh, look for treasure. And live out our freedom. We're persecuted by everyone who isn't a pirate. But it's fine we do rob them sometimes."

"So, you're a thief?" the man spoke, newly found disgust in his voice. The woman groaned.

"Thief is such a harsh word." she slurred "I prefer opportunist! Or redistributor. Yeah, that's more like it!" she gave the man a proud and toothy smile.

"We'll if you're just a criminal I'm not surprised you didn't fight fair. What did you come here for? Robbing innocent people, burning villages?" accused the elf.

"No!" the woman quickly yelled, clearly upset by his words.

"Just because I have been labeled as an outlaw doesn't mean I'm evil!"

Her chest was heaving and she sent the elf a blazing gaze that made him step back a bit.

"I don't rob innocents. I don't kill'em either. I sail the seven seas trying to get by all by me lonesome. Alright? I'm not evil I just, operate out of the reaches of the law and common good." she tried to explain but Legolas wasn't listening, to hung up one word she had said.

"The seven seas? How do you mean?"

"The ocean! Where else am I supposed to raise sail? A lake?" She scoffed.

Legolas ignored her angry comment and continued either way.

"What's it like?"

She shot him a look of confusion.

"The Ocean! What is it like?" he asked again, urgency in his tone.

"Ay, what a poor soul you are. Ner to have laid eyes upon the ragin' seas. Not a life I'd be happy livin'."

The elf didn't respond, instead opting to just watch her expectantly.

"A thousand words won't ever be enough to describe the sea. I'd talk for years and you'd still not understand the half of it."

She looked up and saw a glimmer of disappointment in his icy orbs.

Shouldering her now full leather bag she stared at him for a few more seconds before reaching into her pocket.

She opened the leather pouch she had found in her quarters before and took out a blue piece of sea glass. Her arm stretched out and she held it before him.

When he didn't take it, she shook her hand expectantly and finally he grasped it and inspected the unknown object.

"What is it?" he asked while holding it up to the sun. It glowed a deep color and reflected a blue orb onto the elfs pale cheek. Fascinated he kept holding it.

"It's sea glass. Found it on me travels."

Quickly his eyes me hers.

"Did you steal it?"

"What no! It's sea glass you find it on the coast, there's no need fer stealin' it."

Calmed he let his fingers glide over the slightly course texture.

"That once was a bottle most likely." she explained.

"Shattered and dropped into the sea. The water made it round. Can do it to stone too. Shows yer how powerful it is. Ya can keep it I still have loads. Not much worth either."

The elf was surprised.

"Thank you." he spoke slightly bowing his head. The pirate just waved him off.

"Yeah, yeah. But it ain't for free! You'll show me to the nearest town won't ya? I need to stock up. Find me home again, a way back."

"Why should I help you? For all I know you only wish to rob the people there."

"Ay, don't worry about it. Gold's not the thing I need at the moment. Besides yer knife's broken. Ye don't want to travel without protection do ya? And out of the kindness of me heart, I'll walk with you. Keep ye save till we get to a village and then our ways part, savvy?"

"All right."

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

Hope you liked it! The journey begins now. I wonder what will happen.

(edited)

~2360 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 2.2K 32
'...at the head of destiny's dread...' Sixty years have passed since the Lonely Mountain, the memories of the tragedies still linger but the happy me...
77.9K 4.7K 43
Frodo was meant to be the Ring-bearer. But when he falls under Sauron's control and vanishes before Elrond's council, where does that leave the Fello...
20.5K 734 34
𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘀 𝘅 (𝗙𝗲𝗺) 𝗼𝗰 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴇʀɪᴇ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ᴊᴏɪɴꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟʟᴏᴡꜱʜɪᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀᴠᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ-ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰɪɴᴅꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀ...
32.5K 1.1K 28
Y/n. A beautiful bliss among the Shire, and best friend to Peregrine Took, Meriadoc Brandybuck, Samwise Gamgee, and Frodo Baggins. She joins them o...