Fairy Tales Never Come True

By MoonlightHunter3

"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everyt... More

Dedications
Prologue
FTNCT |Chapter 1|
FTNCT |Chapter 2|
FTNCT |Chapter 3|
FTNCT |Chapter 4|
FTNCT |Chapter 5|
FTNCT |Chapter 6|
FTNCT |Chapter 8|
FTNCT |Chapter 9|
FTNCT |Chapter 10|
FTNCT |Chapter 11|
FTNCT |Chapter 12|
FTNCT |Chapter 13|
FTNCT |Chapter 14|
FTNCT |Chapter 15|
FTNCT |Chapter 16|
FTNCT |Chapter 17|
FTNCT |Chapter 18|
FTNCT |Chapter 19|
FTNCT |Chapter 20|
FTNCT |Chapter 21|
FTNCT |Chapter 22|
FTNCT |Chapter 23|
FTNCT |Chapter 24|
FTNCT |Chapter 25|
FTNCT |Chapter 26|
FTNCT |Chapter 27|
FTNCT |Chapter 28|
FTNCT |Chapter 29|
FTNCT |Chapter 30|
Thank You
Advice from Me To You
Announcement

FTNCT |Chapter 7|

1.8K 118 36
By MoonlightHunter3

I almost forgot about this chapter. This chapter is dedicated to Bkwrm2000 for her comment to keep me going. I hope you enjoy. Picture of Nick above!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Acting is like a Halloween mask you put on." ~River Phoenix

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I saw was a spider dangling down my face.

I screamed as loud as my vocal cords would allow me to. That's when I heard snickering. I glanced around the room to see Justin holding his stomach while laughing.

"What is it with you and waking me up?" I snapped. I was tired and sore from yesterday.

"It was just too funny. It's Halloween by the way. That's why I decided to scare you."

"Aren't you the comedian?" I said dryly. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company this fine early morning?"

Justin gave me a look. "What the heck are you saying?"

I rolled my eyes. "So much for being smart, it means; what are you doing in my room so early."

"I was bored so I woke you up. Maybe we could decorate the house and give mom and dad a fright when they wake up."

I thought about it. It wasn't like I had anything else to do. "Fine, I'll help you, but get out of my room so I can get ready." He obliged and left.

Feeling a bit refreshed from the shower I picked out my clothes for the day. It was Halloween so I wore an orange crop top sweater and paired it off with black jeggings. I left my wet hair dripping. As quietly as possible I tiptoed past my parent's room and down the stairs.

When I arrived I saw a couple of boxes in the room. There was light dust on them. I opened the closest one to find Halloween ornaments.

Justin came in carrying another box. "Where the hell did you find all of this?" I questioned.

"It was all in the basement." He replied. He glanced at his watch. "According to my watch we have about forty minutes to turn this house upside down and before Mom and Dad wake up."

"So let's get to work." I said.

We split the work and took different rooms to decorate. I had the living room, kitchen, and hall way. Justin took the bathrooms, my parent's room and the front porch.

I hummed counting stars by one republic to myself as I stuck on cobwebs and different Halloween ornaments. I covered the lights with a black cloth and shut all the blinds. The whole kitchen actually looked pretty spooky but it was missing something.

I snapped a picture and sent it to Scarlett knowing as a future interior designer she would be able to judge my master piece and tell me the missing item. At the last moment I also sent it to Sophia. A reply came few seconds later.

Light a bunch of candle. It will set the mood. Overall a splendid job Ally! Happy Halloween-S

I did as she told me to do and the whole kitchen seem to come alive. It was perfection. Now all I had to do was to wake my parents up and see their reaction. I looked around for Justin and saw him coming out of Mom and Dad's room. He pointed towards his room and I followed.

"How was it?" I whispered.

He grinned. "Perfect."

I mirrored his expression. "You wake them up with a spider while I hide in the bathroom. We'll double scare them." We scurried back into their room and took our designated places.

"Justin Allen Spear. What in Lord's name are you doing?" I laughed quietly as I heard my mom.

"Nothing," I could see him in front of me, looking all innocent.

"Justin, go do something else." Dad's voice boomed.

"Why of course." He replied innocently.

I waited in the bathroom waiting for my Mom to enter. She entered and I screamed "Boo!"

She clutched her heart and yelped. I started laughing. I could see now why Justin found it so funny to scare me.

"Alana, I would think that you would be a little more mature then your brother."

"Nope, were both immature and proud of it."

She shooed me out of the bathroom but not before I heard her saying "When will they act their age?"

As I came out of the bathroom I could see my dad laughing as well. "Good job kids." He gave us high-fives.

After my parents had gotten over their heart attack of seeing the house decorated I headed to my bedroom to finish of an essay on to kill a mockingbird. I heard a ping and checked my phone to see a text from Sophia.

It's Sasha's party tonight. Want to go crash it?

I smiled. Sophia's evil genius side was coming out. Sure. I'm assuming you and Scarlett have everything ready? Together both of them were masterminds.

Yep. You just got to arrive at her house at 9:00. That when the party starts. Remember to wear something nice to blend in. -Sophia

I grinned. My Saturday was going to be one of the best in quite some time.

Around eight, I decided to start getting ready. I opened my closet to look for something black. I'm going to be straight up. I didn't own many dresses. I probably only had about three and even those I couldn't find. Theres only one thing to do when you can find something.

"Mom, do you know where my dresses are?" I shouted from the railing.

"Alana, stop shouting." Dad shouted. How ironic.

"I can't hear what you're saying. Come downstairs and talk to me." Mom replied. I rolled my eyes and came downstairs. I saw her washing the dishes.

"Now, what were you asking?" She questioned.

"Where are my dresses?" I asked.

"There in your closet at the back."

I nodded. "Thanks."

"Wait Alana, why are you looking for your dresses?"

Oops. I forgot to ask them. "There's a Halloween party at Sasha's house tonight. Can I go?"

She gave me a weird look. "I thought you didn't like Sasha?"

Shoot. I hadn't thought of an excuse to that. "Well she invited everyone so I decided to go."

She cocked her eyebrow. "You decided?"

I kept digging myself a deeper grave. Didn't I? I was in deep trouble by now. "I mean I was going to ask you guys... Can't I please go?"

Now she rolled her eyes. "Ask your dad."

Great, she made me go through all of that to tell me to ask my dad? I went to my dad and repeated my question. I added that Sophia was going. He respected her and liked her a lot, probably because she was so smart. He just waved his hand and told me to behave myself. Asking dad's for everything was so much easier plus he was distracted by the hockey game on the television.

I went back to my room and found the dresses. I picked a maxi black dress. I slipped it on and pulled my orange crop sweater over it. The back was open from the back and I didn't find it comfortable. I slipped in a pair of black ballet flats and smeared cherry lip-gloss over my lips and mascara over my eyelashes. I put my hair is a simple ponytail.

I was ready. The only problem was I had no ride. I wasn't going to walk there! I stepped onto the porch just as a red Camry pulled up. The windows rolled down and I was surprised to see Sophia in the front seat.

"Oi, are you going to stand out there looking like a fish out of water or are you coming in?" Zeke shouted.

I rolled my eyes to join Scarlett in the back seat. "Hey."

Both girls responded while Zeke muttered. "Why am I even doing this?"

"Because, you are a wonderful brother, and you also wanted to sneak out of the house."

I was puzzled. "Why would you want to do that for?"

He laughed nervously. "Let's just say that Mom didn't find it as funny as I did when I came earlier then I was supposed to. She's make me do university work at home now but it sucks because she's watching my moves like a hawk."

"So that's where I came in." Scarlett interjected. "He's drops us off to the party and goes wherever the hell he wants."

"Why do you girls even want to go to this party? Isn't Sasha a b*itch?"

Sophia gave him a huge grin. "That's for us to know, and for you to find out."

"Whatever." He mumbled. "It's not like I care."

"So what are you going to do?" I questioned.

"Going to hang out with a bunch of my friends and have a guy's-night out."

"Sure." Sophia said not believing him.

He held his hands up in mock surrender. "I'm telling the truth."

"Hands on the driving wheel," Scarlett snapped. "I don't want to die!"

"Sheesh, someone's moody."

"I am not moody."

"Yes you are."

The car suddenly lurched and came to a complete stop.

"You're here. Get out now. Have a great time."

As we stepped out Zeke reversed the car almost killing Scarlett. He drove off extremely speedily.

"I'm going to kill him." Scarlett muttered.

"Do it later." I said. "It's time to party!" I linked my arms with Sophia and Scarlett and headed towards the house.

--------------------------------------------

I looked up at the house in front of us. It was a crème colored, about three stores high. The front yard was littered with red cups and Rihanna's don't stop the music was playing so loud you could hear it from outside. I was surprised the neighbors hadn't called the cops yet.

I turned to my partners in crime. "So, what exactly are we doing?"

Sophia answered. "Firstly were going to put hot sauce and salt in the drinks, then dress up in a scary costume and running around with a chain saw to scare the hell out of everyone."

"Lastly, were going to TP the house and make a run for it." Scarlett finished.

"Interesting, do you guys have everything?" I questioned. Sophia opened the heavy looking black bag she was holding from before and I could see the saw peeking out.

I nodded. "So you guys did come prepared."

"Yes, we did." They said in sync.

"Our objective is to get noticed, but not till the end." Sophia handed Scarlett and I a small bottle. "This is the Huy Fong Chili hot sauce. It's extremely spicy. Pretend to be taking a drink and put it in the bowls."

Scarlett held up a salt shaker. "What do I do with this?"

Sophia took it from here. "I'll put that in. After were done sabotaging the drinks, were going to go to the garage and shut down the entire houses lights."

I looked at her skeptically. "Do you even know how to do that?"

She nodded. "My dad taught me about a year ago."

"Nerd," Scarlett coughed.

Sophia punched her hard. Scarlett rubbed her shoulder. "Ouch. For someone so short, you pack a hard punch."

Sophia raised her first. "Would you like another one?"

"I'm good." She mumbled.

I looked at them. "Are we going in or what?"

"Wait," Sophia interjected. "Do you think we should just leave out the TP part? It's a bit too much. Don't you think?"

I thought about it. I would be impossible to do and could be counted as vandalism as well. "Leave it out." I said and Scarlett nodded.

"Then let's go." Sophia grabbed us and started to drag us in.

If you thought the outside was a wreck the inside was ten times worse. They was barely enough space to walk as everywhere you went, there were people. Half of these people didn't even look familiar. There were people dancing in the middle. I looked to the right where I saw the snack table.

"There." I pointed. Scarlett and Sophia followed my finger until they saw it. We all headed towards the table. To my horror when we came closer to the table I saw all the boys from the soccer team crowded around.

I violently poked Sophia. "What are we going to do?"

"Relax." She brushed of my arm. "As long as Sasha or Natasha don't see us, were fine."

I wasn't satisfied. "What if they ask questions?"

"Stop being a worry-rat. Scarlett will strike a conversation with them and you and I can sabotage the drinks."

I took a deep breath. "Fine," I nudged Scarlett and she got the message.

She headed towards the guys and started striking a conversation. I couldn't hear what they were saying but it was probably about sports. I quickly took the sauce and put it in the bowl. It looked and smelled extremely weird so I doubt that anyone would notice. Just to make sure, I stirred it around.

Sophia poked my side. "There, coming!"

I shook my head. "Who is?"

"Scarlett and the guys from the soccer team are approaching us."

"So? Were done with the drinks." I didn't see the problem.

"We were supposed to keep low."

I laughed. "That ended the moment we told Scarlett to go talk to them. Even better, let's offer them a drink."

Dillon stood in front of us. "Well if it isn't Alana and her friend."

He looked at Sophia. "Sorry, didn't quite catch your name."

"It's Sophia."

"Pleasure to meet you Sophia, aren't you the one who dated Devan?"

Scarlett gritted her teeth. "I already told you Dillon. It's none of your business!"

Sophia looked pretty composed and Dillon kept staring at her. "Really, I could always find out from Devan. I believe he was here a few moments ago." His gaze wandered around the room.

"Where's Nick?" Scarlett interjected.

"At home, he had to take care of his little sister." Alex answered.

Dillon cocked his eyebrows. "Don't try to change the subject. Now, do you want me to ask Devan or would you like to tell me?"

I was fuming. Why was Dillon being such a douche? "What game are you trying to play here?"

"Nothing," He said a little too innocently.

Scarlett gave Shaun a pleading look. That's when he spoke up. "Come on man, we came here for drinks, not to interrogate them."

Dillon refused to move. Finally Sophia snapped. "I broke up with him because my parents didn't want me to date anyone and in return he humiliated me until he left. Are you happy now?"

Dillon looked a bit taken back. He was the one who wanted to know in the first place. He cleared his throat and looked at his friends. "Let's go to the pool guys." They all merely mumbled and left.

I looked at Sophia. "What was that all about?"

"No idea."

"He's just got a mental problem in the head. Now let's go finish what we came for. To the garage we go."

Stupidly enough, the garage was left wide open. It only took Sophia a matter of ten minutes to unplug everything and the whole house was in pitch black darkness. You could hear girl's shrieking. I never understood why people screamed when the lights turned out.

"Here, put these on." She thrust us the sheets in our hand. I quickly put in over my head with the help of my phone flashlight.

"Who's going to hold the chain saw?" I whispered.

"I think Scarlett should. She's tall and the way Sasha ended their friendship, she deserves karma."

"Thanks guys." Scarlett took the saw and brought it to life.

"Were right behind you I whispered.

We entered the house to see people holding their phones for light. It only got better.

"Aaaah! There's someone holding a chain saw." I girl screamed. More screams followed.

Sophia deepened her voice. "Where is Sasha dear?"

I laughed silently. "Wweee-- ddon't knoww." A boy's voice trembled.

"Someone, be a sweetheart and go bring her here." I could see Scarlett trembling with laughter and it made the sheets shake giving her a more frightening figure.

Sasha came a few minutes later; she too was trembling with fear. "Now, do you know why you were summoned here?" Sophia questioned.

She shook her head violently. She might act strong but I knew that Sasha always hated horror films and was easily terrified.

"Because, you and your dear friend Natasha make the lives of students miserable, you hurt their feelings without any care. You used to be so sweet but now you're like the devil's sister. Change up your act and I'll forgive you. If not, see you next Halloween honey."

Sasha merely nodded and wiped her hands on her forest green dress. She looked like she was about to pee in her pants.

"Good, that will be all. Carry on with your party." Sophia finished happily.

We all ran outside and burst out of laughing. We all high-fived each other and ran down the street skipping. "Best night ever!"

"Agreed," Scarlett and Sophia said in union. And it had been the best night ever. Thanks to my best friends. They were crazy but they were amazing.

---------------------------------------------

This chapter is almost 3000 words. Offically the longest chapter I have written. Please remember to just press that little start button or comment. I would love to hear from you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
8.5K 160 42
10 years. 10 years of hating Griffin Taylor. Luckily for me, he lives hundreds of miles away and I very rarely have to handle the knowledge he's in...
57.5K 4.2K 55
"You did Maths Ada, and you're smart. Langa and you are so fucking negative. Two negatives make a positive, so like I said, you two deserve each othe...
29 1 43
"Never ever, compare me to a princess." Deep in the slums of the gorgeous city of Queen Valley, lived a beautiful girl named Kareena Acharya. With a...