The Sun, The Moon, The Dragon...

By AbraxosKit48

To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two g... More

Chapter 1: Skycrest
Chapter 2: Friarridge
Chapter 3: Dragon... not dragon?
Chapter 4: Fooooood
Chapter 5: The kill
Chapter 6: Surprise shooters
Chapter 7: Little Miss Dunce
Chapter 8: Drakon Academy
Chapter 9: Who are you really?
Chapter 10: Ambushes
Chapter 11: 200m sprint
Chapter 12: Flags and Ratatouille
Chapter 13: Testing
Chapter 14: Twinsies!
Chapter 15: Powerhungry shifters
Chapter 16: 4 or 5 stories?
Chapter 17: Meeting the Wolves
Chapter 18: The beginning
Chapter 19: The showdown
Chapter 20: The strangest Symbol
Chapter 21: Mysterious people
Chapter 23: Her name is Juniper
Chapter 24: Barbie Britt
Chapter 25: Schedules
Chapter 26: Infatuation
Chapter 27: Fight! Fight! Fight!
Chapter 28: A crack and a Scream... or three
Chapter 29: The mysterious man... again
Chapter 30: Bye Bye Ej
Chapter 31: Prophecy 1; the last prophecy
Chapter 32: Prophecies, bows and gifts
Chapter 33: The...Delightful Date
Chapter 34: Dungeons
Chapter 35: Spilling the tea
Chapter 36: Ditched for a girl
Chapter 37: Daphne Drama
Chapter 38a: Skylar
Chapter 38b: MINI CHAPTER
Chapter 39: A day to remember
Chapter 40: Tatts, Pops and Whops.
Chapter 41: Ranked Eggs
Chapter 42: The Other Halves
Chapter 43: Goodbye darkness. Hello Understanding.

Chapter 22: Longlostcousins

32 2 0
By AbraxosKit48

Ria's POV:

Why he ran off the wrong way, I'm not sure.

"Probably should call him." Logan grins.

"Wrong way Ry!" Blaze calls out. Ryker stops in his track and spins around realising everyone else has started walking the right way.

"I knew that! I was testing you!" Ryker calls sprinting back, I shake my head chuckling.

"Come on! Be careful not to trip!" I call as I take off running. Zim keeps pace with me and Lark comes sprinting over. Us three are by far the fastest, we are all small and nimble. I carry my egg securely in my arms with Titan trailing behind me, he is as fast as me however.

Together the 14 of us sprint home across the bridge and away from the hatchery. As per usual me, Lark and Zim reached home first unlocking the door and going in. Titan raced in past us and jumped up onto the couch and fell asleep, us three girls went up to our room and put our eggs on our beds until we get back. Coming back downstairs the others still weren't back.

So instead I walked into the kitchen and started to prep, I got out a few meats, cheeses, salad items, sauces and bread. I grabbed the butter too and laid it all out on the kitchen counter. The guys all walked in together, perfect timing.

"Food! Make your own sandwiches." I grabbed a roll and buttered it, adding ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, (Yes, I like pickles. Don't judge.) and spicy mayo. I quickly toasted it and grabbed a can of soda from the fridge and plopped down on the couch. Everyone followed suit and made their own sandwiches and sat down on the couches too. Zim and Lark had already sat down and started eating so we all sat in silence munching on our sandwiches.

"Who was the person you guys were talking to?" Clay asked looking at Lark and I.

"Well... we only recently, when we found out if we were Vamps or Werewolves,  we also found out that we're twins. I lived with our Mum's best friend and Ria lived with our uncle." Lark begins turning to me.

I sigh but continue. "That guy, the King's Isalor, is Jeremy Sharlin. Our uncle. My adoptive father's identical twin brother. I recognised him, he looks exactly like my adoptive father, just slightly more muscular. I remembered, Blake used to talk about his twin called Jer." I say shrugging trying to hide my smile.

All our friends mouths are gaping open. All except Blaze.

"Oh." Is all anyone can say.

"We are meeting our two cousins, aunty and grandpa tomorrow too." Lark adds, "He's picking us up at 11."

"That's cool, Jeremy is really chill. I call him Uncle Jer." Kyle says.

"Yea he's cool. He comes to Vamp meetings although he's a werewolf." Lucas says.

"What did you guys say your last name was?" Callum asks, eyes wide.

"Sharlin. Why?" I look at Callum's face.

"Is your cousin a year older?"

"Yup." I pop the 'p'.

"Morgen Sharlin... He's the troublemaker of the school. He's dated so many girls and guys, he's terrifying and a player. Morgen is a werewolf, in your pack Luna. He's quiet strong." Callum speaks up so everyone can hear. "Apparently he used to be chill and never broke rules until his best friend left, she was the year below. That's the rumour at least. Also one of Elijah's close friends, they were usually together. When she left he kept up the good facade until everyone realised she wasn't coming back and that was 3 years later, he apparently lost it."

"I've heard that too, he's also terrifying. He was in some of my classes but rarely showed up." Tristan adds.

"He was nice to me growing up, but barely had time for me though as we got older." Kyle adds.

"I remember when I was little me and him were super close. Him, me, my mum, Lark and my aunty used to spend a lot of time together." I can remember all the times we would run around the back yard. Until the day I was taken away. I used to ask about him but Daphne just shrugged and changed the topic. I forgot about all those memories as I grew up, however I've been dreaming each night about things like that those memories have been returning.

The door banged open and in strolled Elijah and a few others. A girl with short blonde hair, a guy with blonde hair, another guy with brown hair and another girl with blonde hair. The two girls were the two who sat opposite Elijah and beside Lark and Zim at the tournament feast.

"Elijah! You missed the testing today." Callum scowls at his rider earning the 4 others to growl in return.

I stand up and growl, the four intruders eyes turn huge as their heads snap to me and they bare their necks. "That's what I thought." I growl, "Don't disrespect your Beta."

The 4 intruders whimper and I stop growling, they each hang their heads but the girl with too much makeup scowls and glares at me. I shrug and sit back down finishing my sandwich.

"Why should I care? It wasn't my test." Elijah scowls at me and turns to Callum.

"Pffft." Lark chuckles. "Wow. Your head is so far up your ass."

Everyone grins except the 4 intruders and Elijah.

"Nevermind, clearly you don't want to be here. Nor do we want those four so shoo." I wave my hands to make them go away faster. "I shouldn't have to say this but don't go in anyone else's rooms." I fake smile and scratch Titan's head.

Elijah's mouth hangs open and he snaps it closed, glaring at me. We both refuse to back down.

"Where's Morgen?" Callum breaks the tension by asking Elijah.

"Probably shagging another conquest." Elijah mutters stalking off.

"Luna, you didn't need to speak up for me." Callum turns his attention to me.

I look up and grin. "You're their Beta, plus they deserved it." I shrug and eat the last of my sandwich.

"Thanks..." Callum mumbles clearly embarrassed.

I walk around and take everyone's plates, "I'm going to my room if anyone needs me." I smile and drop the plates off before walking up the three flights of stairs to my room.

Entering my room I walk over to my bed and pick my egg up, it's warm and vibrates softly as soon as I touch it.

o-o

"Lark let's go! Jeremy's here!" I call from the kitchen. Lark comes running down the stairs pulling on her jacket. Her egg is safely nestled in a nest of her clothes in her room, the same as mine.

I walk out the front door with Titan while I pull on my leather jacket. I'm wearing a plain black tee, black skinny jeans, high heel laced boots and a teal bandana on my head. I have my sword across my back and my keys in my pocket.

Lark walks over to the door dressed in denim overalls and a white three quarter shirt and black heels. She's wearing a bat necklace with the same stone as my wolf necklace and a dragon bracelet on her right wrist.

"Ready?" I call, she nods in response and we walk out the door. We were the only two still home so we locked up and walked out to the street, Jeremy was in a car. It was a light blue and had bench seats. (A/N: Cars are only in districts near the capital, same with most items of technology. They are also environmentally safe so they don't kill the dragons or earth.) Lark, Titan and I walked up to the car and found our Uncle sitting at the steering wheel.

"Hey Girls!" He smiles at us showing his white teeth. "Lark hop in the front, Ria in the back with Titan." I shrug and climb into the car with Titan.

"We have to make a quick pit-stop on the way home." Jeremy is almost bouncing in his seat with excitement. "How's your day been?"

"Good, all our friends are out getting a tour from the older students living with us." Lark smiles happily and looks out the window.

"Getting her up this morning was a process." I chuckle at the memory of dragging off her blanket.

"I was tired!" Lark defends herself making me and Jeremy chuckle.

"Then go to bed before 2am you spud." I bite back making us all laugh.

"We are here. Can you go knock on the door? Just say Jeremy is here." He turns to me, I shrug and get out.

"Titan stay."

I walk over to the door and knock, I stand with my arms crossed and wait. The door flies open revealing the blonde haired Barbie from yesterday.

"What do you want!?" The girl shrieks, I just laugh.

"Up yourself much. Jeremy is here." The girl scowls and walks back inside slamming the door in the process.

I can hear shouts throughout the house but ignore them and stand waiting.

The next thing I know a guy swings the door open, his hard brown eyes turn seeing me and they slightly widen. The guy is wearing a red flannel shirt over a plain black tee with jeans and sneakers, his hair is chestnut brown and has white tips.

"Morgen?" He looks exactly the same as I remember him. Just bigger.

"How... who... no..." He mumbles while looking at me with his mouth hung open.

"You left..." His eyes are wide while he looks at me.

"It wasn't my choice." I mumble, my eyes filling with tears. When I left I missed him the most other then mum, I spent all my time with him but eventually I thought it was a dream. Daphne and Blake never spoke of him or anyone else so I forgot.

Instead of speaking he reaches out and pulls me towards him, enveloping me in a hug.

"Rita..." he whispers hugging me tighter. Rita was his nickname for me when I was little.

"Morgie," I hold onto him tighter, "you look exactly the same." I pull away and wipe my tear stained face.

"So do you with your white hair." He smiles a genuine smile.

"Come on we can catch up at lunch." I practically drag Morgen to the car and get in.

"Hey dad. You didn't tell me Rita was back. I thought she was never coming back..." Morgen looks between me and his father. He spots Lark and turns to her. They were never as close as me and him but they are still cousins.

"Do you remember Lark? My twin." I smile at Morgen and he turns back to Lark.

"Yea, I remember Tweety." He ruffles her hair and leans back. "How have you guys been?"

"Good, I mean I only found out about all this again a little while ago." I grin, I can't believe he remembers me.

"Same it's weird, I remember stuff but I don't. Ya know?" Lark looks at the roof of the car while speaking.

"Who's this?" Morgen looks at Titan who's tilting his head looking at him curiously.

"That's Titan, my wolf pup." I smile and ruffle his ears.

"Wait... you're the Luna of the Majesty pack..." Morgan's eyes widen and he turns to face me.

I chuckle clearly he hasn't been to training yet. "Yup." I pop the 'p'.

"You two are the twins with the Sun and Moon eggs too..." Morgen looks between me and Lark.

Lark just nods her head with a sigh. That is what we'll be known for.

"Sorry, everyone's been talking about it. They all keep saying I should go after you because you are the most powerful two females." I snort which wasn't very feminine but who cares.

"Really?" I giggle, he's my cousin that's just weird.

"Uh huh." He smiles at me, it's almost like we have never been apart.

The 4 of us chat as we drive to their house, we are just catching up talking about all the years since we haven't seen each other. I explained about Blake and Daphne and how me and Blaze became friends, Lark told us how Sara passed away and she was stuck with Abe but she was usually out with Zim and Zim's mum. Morgen told us about how the academy has been and Jeremy mainly just listened smiling.

"Are you a rider or Isalor?" I turn to face Morgen, we haven't really spoken about that kind of stuff.

"Rider." He chuckles, "I have a snow dragon. Oh so manly." We all laugh softly. "His name is Snapper."

I smile, dragons fascinate me, they are all so different.

"We're here." Jeremy announces and parks the car. The house is in a more expensive part of town and is two stories. A few of the bedrooms have balconies for the dragons to land on, the garden is amazing. Trees and grass everyone.

A memory floods it's way back into my head of me and Morgen playing on a tire swing in the tree over there. I peek around the bush hiding the tree from site and find the tyre swing still there.

"I can't believe the tire swing is still there." I chuckle lightly.

"We couldn't bring ourselves to take it down, I used to go out and sit in it if I was having a tough time. It helped. Oh yea also my sister is... a lot..." Morgen smiles at me and heads over to the front door.

As he's about to knock the door flies open revealing a girl a little younger than me, a grin is plastered on her face and she flings herself at Morgen.

"Morg! You're back! Daddy!" She spots Jeremy standing beside Morgen and flings herself at him too.

"Hey Kell." Morgen smiles at his sister. Who's mouth just hangs open.

"Hey Pumpkin." Jeremy hug Kelli.

"He called me Kell... he hasn't called me Kell since we were little, honestly he hasn't even acknowledged me... What did you do with the real Morgen?" Kelli pouts at her father.

"I did nothing of the sort." Jeremy chuckles.

"Who're they?" Kelli points a finger at Lark and I. Not in an unfriendly way just curious.

"I'll tell you soon, go get mum." Jeremy gently pushes Kelli towards the door and she takes off to who knows where, returning seconds later with a kind faced women.

"Ria! Lark! Oh girls!" The women rushes over to use and wraps us both in a bone crushing hug.

"Hi Aunt Hayley." I mumble around her hair. Her sweet smell of lavender and honey perfume covers all other smells.

"Hi..." Lark mumbles, she wasn't as close with them as I was.

"OMG! Youaremylonglostcousinseveyonealwaystalksabout!" Kelli speaks so fast I can barely understand her but I get the gist and nod.

"You understood that?" Morgen, Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Hayley all turn to me.

"I understood the gist, not all of it." I shrug, it wasn't a big deal.

"I always wanted to meet you, apparently Morg was very dif after you left, depressed and stuff. I used to wish you would come back so he would be all nice and things again." Kelli rambles on and on. I just laugh softly. She's so excited.

"Who is who?" She finally stops speaking and looks between Lark and I.

"I'm Ria and that's Lark." I gesture to both of us and smile at the young girl.

If possible her already massive smile just got bigger, she was bouncing on the heels of her feet.

"Come in, come in." Aunt Hayley ushered us all inside and over to the leather couches in the living room. "Your grandpa will be here soon, he just wanted to stop at his weapon smith before coming over."

"That's alright." I smile brightly at my aunt.

"Have you got your egg yet? Oh are you a werewolf or Vampire? How about your mate? Do you have your own room?" Kelli was firing off question after question, she wanted to know everything.

"Wow, slow down." I chuckle, "We got our eggs yesterday actually. Nope I haven't found my mate, I have my own room too." I smile leaving out about the Vampire and Werewolf part.

"Are you guys riders?"

"Yup, I'm also an Isalor though." I grin, Kelli's face scrunches in confusion.

"Wait... you're the girl rider who's also an Isalor...?" Morgen looks at me in surprise.

"Yup." I pop the 'p' and everyone looks amazed.

"How about you Lark?" Kelli turns to Lark with big eyes.

"I'm a Rider." She chuckles lightly.

"Are you guys werewolves? Because dad is and he was your mum's brother right? Also Grandpa is a werewolf."

I laugh softly and Lark grins too.

"I'm a Vamp actually." Lark smile sweetly at Kelli, "I'm also the head Vampiress of the second strongest coven." Kelli looks even more amazed.

She turns to me questioning if I'm a Vampire too.

I shake my head, "I'm a werewolf too just like your dad and brother." I smile at them and they both nod. "I'm the Luna werewolf."

"Of which pack?" She looks at me curiously then to her brother and father. Her mum seems to also be watching me, trying to figure it out.

"Of... every pack." I mumble.

Her mouth drops open and Aunt Hayley's eyes flash with recognition.

"Oh..." Kelli seems at a loss for words which appears to be rare.

"The prophecy..." Aunt Hayley mumble, I barely hear her from where she is seated across from me.

"Pardon?" I smile at my Aunt but she just shakes her head and looks at Jeremy who nods. Clearly they know something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.1K 1.5K 37
⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️ The war between the tribes is finally over, and now the dragonets of the prophecy have a plan for lasting peace: Jade Mountain Acad...
3.6K 171 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...
7.7M 352K 65
For years angel academy has taught students of all races and ability's, angels, werewolves, vampires, dragon riders, you name it. The school was cre...
105K 1.3K 12
Only the first 10 chapters are open.. NOW ON AMAZON! PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT AND SHOW ME SOME LOVE! COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT EACH AND EVE...