THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!

365 15 6
By Alhexandria22

"Stop it Louis!" Karmale raised her palm to the tall dark guy who stood besides her.

"Ma'am please excuse us." Louis requested.

"Sure." Mrs. Hart exited the room.

"Karmale-" he moved closer trying to touch her. Almost hug her.

"Don't touch me!" Karmale placed her palm on his chest and pushed him back. Her other hand pulled her bear closer.

"Karmale if this is about Ella then I'm sorry even when I didn't do anything."

"Please-" she scoffed.

"Vanilla, we were fine yesterday till that incident."

"Jeez! Louis! The name's Karmale!"

"Babe, I swear I'm trying my hardest to make up for my wrongs but you just won't let me."

"Now you are placing blame! Huh? In no way have I hindered your intentions. Excuse me!"

"Babe-"

"Loui-" Karmale sighed in exhaustion. She briefly massaged the space between her brows and sighed again.

"I'm having a hard time currently. I'm losing my temper almost every passing minute. The thing is I love Ella and I didn't like the way you treated her but I shouldn't have over reacted either. Apologies."

"Will you give me a chance then?"

"Yeah. Sure. Sure. I'm sorry." She smiled and extended her arms to him for a hug.

"No, don't be sorry. My bad. I apologise, Vanilla. And don't worry, I'll do the same with Ella. I will say sorry to her too."

"Thank you. I can see. Their is room for improvement." She nudged him in the side and he giggled.

"You should not have paid my bills, Loui." He had sat down by her bedside.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'll pay back when I'm discharged."

"No need to." He soothed her hand that lay idle on the hospital bed.

"Loui, I'm giving you back your money. That's final. Anyway, how did you end up here? Have you come to see someone?"

"You of course."

"Oh!"

"Yeah. I was at your place in the morning when I was told by one of your neighbors that-"

"I see." She didn't let him complete when she slowly pulled away her hand and rocked the stuffed doll instead.

"Yeah."

"So why were you at my place?"

"I wanted to see you Karmale."

"About what?" Her eyes squinted in question as she turned back to face him.

"I wanted us to talk about last night but we just did so-"

"I get it. I didn't know that you knew where I stay."

"Ella helped me out."

"No offense but after what you did to her?"

"Yeah. She is such a sweetheart." Louis smirked.

"Mhm? Is she?"

"Yeah, Vanilla."

"Tell me all about it!"

"I have a good tongue Karmale."

"Umm... what's that supposed to mean?"

"I talk in an alluring manner-"

"Loui, i doubt your talk would let her tell you what you want. Ella is not a naive girl. Anyway, I hope you apologise to her real quick."

"I will, bae."

"Okay. Please call for me the lady you just sent out."

"Okay but who is she?"

"Mrs. Hart, my mother."

"Huh?"

"Not biological of course but she is not any less than a mother to me. I love her. She holds that position in my life. Mind calling her?"

"Not at all."

Louis left and returned with Mrs. Hart.

"Mummy, you should go home and rest."

"What are you saying honey? I want to watch over you. I can't rest easy when you are in this state."

"It's okay, Mrs. Hart. It's okay. I'm fine. These doctors over exaggerate what they diagonise. But I'm fine. You should go home and sleep."

"I want to take care of you dear."

"I'll still be stuck here tomorrow and besides you take care of me everyday. Please go home."

"Ma'am. Please listen to your daughter. And if you are worried about her, I'm staying the night. I'll take care of her."

"Thanks for the offer, Loui but-"

"Babe- Mrs. Hart please don't worry go home. I'm here."

Mrs. Hart and Karmale looked at each other at the same time. The elder lady's eyes spoke of affection and worry.

"Will you be fine, dear?"

"Yeah. Please don't worry." Karmale's spoke of certainty.

"Okay." Mrs. Hart pecked her forehead and left.

"Vanilla-"

"I'm so sleepy Loui." She injected.

"No problem. I'll sing for you a lullaby."

"No please. I'm not a kid." They both chuckled.

"Okay. Then I'll watch you sleep."

"No please. That's uncomfortable."

"Karmale, I'm not going to stare at you like a jerk. I'll just look only mildly and admire your cute lips and nose."

"Okay, flatter king."

"You really are beautiful, Karmale."

"I know." She chuckled in discomfort.

"Don't be shy. Look here." He held her chin and moved in closer.

His gaze was drawn to her pale lips. He lowered further into her. Karmale looked up as his eyes fell shut and he made for her lips.

"Ah!" She winced as she hurriedly placed her hand with the cannula on her chest.

"Oh Vanilla! Did I hurt your hand?"

"Yeah. It hurts. Please call for me the doctor. I feel like as if the syringe is digging in my flesh. Ah!"

"Easy! Easy! Let me go call him."

"Please." Karmale cried.

"Goodness, Louis!" Karmale lifted the puffed teddy from her side and made it sit on her laps.

"Teddy, please tell Louis to leave us alone." She talked to the non living thing.

"He is being so annoying and clingy. We can keep each other company. We don't need him. Not so my gangster man?" Karmale asked the big bear but it's not like it would respond.

"Doctor! Please hurry!" Karmale heard Louis call from outside. She laid the bear flat on her tummy and pretended to be fast asleep.

"Sir, the patient is fast asleep. Please let her rest."

"Doctor, I'm telling you she was not well before."

"Of course. That's why she is in the hospital." The doctor said with a tired sigh.

"Check her, doctor."

"Sir, I know my job just well."

"I said check her, doctor!" Louis grabbed the man's collar.

"Sir!" A nurse walked in.

"How are you related to the patient?" The old woman who was the nurse asked.

"I'm-"

"If you are not related by blood I ask that you leave."

"No, doctor. I'm her brother."

"Then sit down and behave. Don't disrespect my staff as well as my patient. Drop his collar and lower your voice. I loathe noise." The woman was firm.

"I'm sorry, ma'am." Louis sat down but his expression was bitter.

The patient's lips twirled into a smile as the doctors left.

In the wee hours of the morning, Karmale woke up and Louis had slept off in the couch. She tiptoed out with her bear.

She roamed the hospital corridors and wards. Almost all wards had restrictions and she stayed out but not the incubator room. The glass enclosed room too had restrictions but Karmale entered either way.

"Aww!" She moved from one incubator to another. She silently watched the premature babies with a silence so rare.

"Miss, what are you doing here?"

"I'm leaving, nurse but I apologise."

"Which room number, miss? Let me escort you back."

"No, I'll manage." Karmale left.

The moment she exited the room, their was a black out.

"Holy mother of Jesus!" The nurse who Karmale had left behind cried.

"There has never been a power cut in this hospital. And these poor babies? They cannot breathe without electricity! Mother of Christ!"

Where Karmale was was not any good. Apparently, she had ended up in the mortuary. Sadly, she had not yet realized. It was not until she moved her hand to feel her environment that she touched wide open eyes.

"Ahhh!" She screamed and ran but the scared damsel would not find the exist.

The next thing she touched was a wrinkled cold body.

"Oh God!" She fell down and in an attempt to get up, she held on a metallic bed that had lose knots. The dead body on it capsized and fell on her. Luckily, the lights came back on. She pushed the corpse off her, picked up her bear and ran. She ran nonstop until she reached room number 053- her room.

While she entered, Louis exited the bathroom.

"Where had you gone to, Karmale?"

"Don't I have a right to move?"

"No! No! That's not what I meant at all, honey."

"I want to use the restroom. Excuse me."

"Wait! A minute!" Louis held her back.

"I'm badly off, Louis. What?"

"Leave the bear with me."

"Ummmm...okay. Take it." Karmale pushed it to his lower abdomen and went to the washroom.

"My bear." She extended her hands to Louis when she came out of the lavatory.

"Can I hold her?"

"No and teddy is a he. He is my mobster."

"Mobster, you say?"

"Yeah. Now give him back."

"Karmale, do you like mobsters cause I can be one for you."

"No, thank you. I only want my bear. Give it back."

Louis hesitated and Karmale had to pull her mobster teddy. When she did, her hands touched his shirt.

"Louis, why is your shirt so wet?"

"The bathroom tap was faulty."

"But I'm just from there and it seems fine to me."

"Yeah. I fixed it. That's why I'm all wet."

"Okay." Karmale gave him a quizzical look as she walked back to her bed.

"Don't give me that look of suspicion, Karmale."

"No! No! It's not that. What would you have done anyway?"

"Come let me cuddle you."

"You are wet, Loui. I don't want to catch a cold. The fever is more than enough." Karmale covered herself.

"Take off the shirt. You'll catch a cold." She advised.

_

Karmale woke up to unexpected noise. Alarms were everywhere. Police sirens not to mention. She looked at the chair where Louis had spent the night and he was gone. She jumped off her bed and ran out of the room. The corridor was crowded with almost half of the hospital residents and staff. The hallway was filled with the unpleasant and deafening sound of cries. People stood around something that Karmale had to push through to see. When she reached the centre, two female bodies lay down in pools of blood.

It was the nurse who had shouted at Louis the night before and the other was the one who had found her in the incubator room.

Karmale moved backwards in denial.

"Why is bloodshed so easy for some people? Why is this world so cruel?" She sat down in a corner and cried.

"Karmale! Karmale! Get up! We have to leave!" Louis shook her.

Karmale stood up without a word and let Louis lead her. He pulled her to her room.

"Change your clothes. Mrs. Hart is waiting for us outside." Louis placed out for her a short pale yellow dress and a demin jacket.

Karmale dressed up in the bathroom as Louis picked up her belongings.

"Let's go."

_

Karmale sat in the behind seat of the Uber car with Mrs. Hart and Louis took the front. The whole journey, Karmale clasped her bear and didn't say a thing. In fact, no one said a word. Everyone was in fear and shock. The news had spread like wildfire. Every radio, television station, showed nothing else but the untimely death of the two nurses.

"Turn off the radio, mister." Louis told the Uber driver who nodded and turned it off.

The driver packed in front of the apartments and the three passengers got off.

Louis and the driver unpacked Karmale's bags from the trunk. Karmale stood aside with Mrs. Hart and they waited there.

"Keep the change." Louis smiled at the driver.

"Thank you, Sir."

Louis carried Karmale's bags to the elevator and the ladies followed behind.

When they entered the house, Karmale moved straight to her room and locked herself.

"Karmale!" Louis called.

"Sir, let her be. It was such a shock. She needs some time to recover from it."

"Okay. I'll go. Please keep me updated."

"I will." Mrs. Hart pledged.

_

Karmale turned from her door to a familiar back view. The gentleman stood in full glory. His front to the window.

"Ry- Ryxel?" She called almost in denial. Her eyes were not deceiving. He was the one. And she didn't have to see the face. We all know all she needs is his cologne to identify him.

"Come here, baby!" He called.

She dropped the bear and ran into his arms and sobbed in his chest.

Oh my God!💃

"Quiet down, baby girl. The fever will get worse."

Karmale could not stop for it was too much. Three deaths in a row. The one at the beach and now the doctors. She cried till she shook. Ryxel carried her to bed and there he cuddled her to himself. She cried a little more and spoke after.

"Was it fair, Ryxel?"

"No, it wasn't."

"They were people who save lives at least the murderer would have considered that. That was inhumane."

"I know." He peeked her hair.

The sobs had reduced and now she held his shirt firmly.

"Get some sleep." He held her tighter to himself.

"No, I don't want." She objected.

"The crying has wore you out. Don't be stubborn, Caramel. You need to rest."

"I don't want to wake up when you have gone. I know you are still mad at me. But-"

"Let's save that for next time." Ryxel gruffly cut her off and she stayed silent by his side.

"Sleep. When you get up we'll go home."

"I'm not going with you, Ryxel."

"No problem. Keep quiet and sleep." He calmly said.

Karmale closed her eyes but she didn't fall asleep immediately.

"Ryxel!"

"Mhm?"

"Move up a little. I'm not comfortable." She complained and he adjusted.

"Is that okay?"

"No."

"Get on top of me then."

"I'll suffocate you."

"No, you won't." He chuckled.

"I will."

"Baby, do whatever you want. I don't mind the impact." He chuckled again.

Karmale only moved in a little and Ryxel made it easier when he pulled her into him.

"Okay?"

"Almost."

"Oh my- woman!" Ryxel laughed.

"It's not funny." She poked him in the side and he laughed again.

"Sleep bear."

"I'm not an animal."

"Bears are cute, Caramel. I mean why else would you love them?"

"I'm really worn out. Just pull me a little closer. I want to sleep."

"I just did, Caramel." He laughed, "so close your eyes and sleep."

_

Karmale woke up alone.

"Ryxel!" She jumped out of bed and looked around.

"Please God don't tell me it was a dream. I would die. Ryxel!" There was an urgency in her voice.

"Ryxel!" She searched her room but it was like he had never been there.

On the other side of the bed was the nightstand on which her phone sat. It buzzed.

"When did this get here?" She picked up her phone and examined it. At the door way of her washroom, both her white slippers settled there.

"Ryxel!"

"Was it a dream? Where is he?"

She moved to the door and her teddy was on the floor. Just where she had dropped it in when Ryxel had beckoned her to go into his arms.

"Ryxel!"

"What's wrong honey?" Mrs. Hart opened the door from outside.

"The door is open?"

"Honey are you okay?"

"Was Ryxel here?"

"Umm...Did you expect him?"

"No! I'm just curious and confused. It's like he was here and then it's like he wasn't. But I think he was here and he left just after I fell asleep. I'm such a deep sleeper. How did he leave without my knowledge?"

"Honey-"

"He was here I'm sure."

"The next time we see each other, you are coming home with me. You have lots of compensation to make. Bye, Caramel, my sweet vixen." Were the words that played on Karmale's left pinna. They sounded like a whisper and then a pill to put her to sleep.

She ran to her bed and picked up the sheets.

"It's the dark phoenix. He really was here. Ryxel was here." She dropped the bedsheets from her nose.

"Oh honey!"

"Don't worry, mummy. I'm not running mad. Let's go eat. I smell really nice food."

_

After lunch, Karmale took a walk in the park and returned home early so as she could got for grocery shopping with Mrs. Hart.

"Karmale, can we do the shopping another day." Mrs. Hart said in an anxious tone.

"Of course, mummy. Is everything okay?"

"No, dear. Tess just had one of her asthma attacks again."

"Let's go to her." Karmale grabbed her jacket and car keys. They left.

For the rest of the week, they stayed at Tess's. A doctor regularly came in to examine and give a report concerning her health and it was promising. The improvement was slow but evident. Similarly, he checked Karmale's. She was healthy in the sense of every word. But doctors being typical will always look for even the slightest. He said that she had a slight flu and he recommended a lot of water and rest.

Karmale helped with the cleaning and home maintenance. They often baked, visited the library and had leisure walks.

Ryxel opened the Russian restaurant and the Italian one was progressing. He sold and received multiple shipments. He visited casinos, brothels, strip clubs but never touched a woman. It was strictly business.

"Boss, Mr. Genovese has scheduled his meeting with you in Candace Strip club." Leo announced as he covered the microphone of the phone. Ryxel placed out his palm for Leo to place the phone.

"Mr. Genovese, suggest something more decent."

"But Mr. Black-"

"Change the venue or go do business with fucking stinking dogs!"

"We'll meet at-"

"My headquarters. First thing tomorrow morning."

"Mr. Black, the meeting was not until Monday."

"I'm not short of memory. Tomorrow!" Mr. Black hang up.

Ella ran her medical store. It was a joyful environment with parents and kids leaving a pair after the other. Her occupation was developing at a good rate.

_

"Joanna, did you tell her?"

"No. I don't know what her reaction will be. I'm scared. You know she has a hot temper. I don't want to upset her, Tess."

"What's upsetting about that, Joanna?"

"I don't know. She has a family already."

"Does that stop you from telling her? Besides, they never really cared for the poor girl. You did it, sis. You deserve the title mother not the bitter Mrs. Kane." Tess whispered to Mrs. Hart.

"I would be selfish if I said anything to her. I cannot Tess."

"No you won't. You will only be selfish if you keep quiet. Keeping her in the dark is more selfish, Joanna. Please-"

"Tess, I'll say this for the hundredth time-"

"That you envy my study?-"

"Yeah!" Karmale almost screamed and the two sisters laughed.

"Come sit here with us, Karmale." Tess invited her.

"Tess!" Mrs. Hart suppressed her sister's name through tight lips.

"This study is yours like it is mine."

"That's so sweet of you, Tess."

"You are like a daughter to me and your mummy here. Okay?"

"Yes. That I know. I love you guys."

"We love you too." Tess said and left the study.

"Say something, Joanna." Tess said as she moved out.

"Honey-"

"Yes-"

"I'm home, guys!" Ella walked in.

"Ella!" Karmale jumped up and hugged her friend.

"How are you, Karmale? Mrs. Hart told me all about the fever after I left that morning. I'm so sorry. Their was a sick four year old I had to attend to in the next town. It just so happened that the medicine I gave him before had an adverse effect. So I had to-"

"It's okay, girl. Relax! Join us we are having a chat!"

"Hello, Mrs. Hart."

"How are you dear?"

"I'm so busy. So busy. I'm actually leaving right now."

"Woah! You only got here. At least have supper. We'll leave together. We are heading back as well." Karmale spoke.

"Yes, dear." Mrs. Hart persuaded too.

Ella's phone rang but she turned it off.

"Okay. Let's dine then."

_

"Rise and shine, Karmale Hale Kane!" Karmale spoke to herself as she got out of bed. She did her morning routine and went to the kitchen.

With a mug of coffee, she sat alone at her dining table and scrolled through her socials.

Louis
"Good morning, babe." The message appeared at the top of her screen.

She double tapped it and she was now in his Direct message.

Karmale
"Morning."

Louis
"I want to take you out. There is this new restaurant that just opened last week."

Karmale
"Interesting."

Louis
"I know. I'll pick you up for dinner. If it's okay."

Karmale
"No problem."

Louis
"Thanks, Vanilla."

_

"Wow! You look stunning."

Karmale was dressed in a red silk spaghetti strapped short dress with a slit at the side. Black heels as footwear and she held up her hair. For makeup, it was blood red lipstick, mascara and she tinted her cheeks slightly.

"Thank you, Loui."

"Actually, the word is sexy."

"Hmmmn! Thanks, flatter king."

"Come on, Vanilla. Is that the best name you can come up with?"

"Loui, I'm only saying what you do all the time. Flatter. You flatter me so much. I'm going to shutter one of these days." They both chuckled.

"Honestly, I know I'm sexy, beautiful and all that but when you say it all the time it loses meaning." Her chuckling had ceased. She was rather stern. As always.

"I'll work on that."

He held her hand and helped her into his steel grey Range Rover. When she was sitted he jogged over to his side.

"Shall we?"

"Drive please."

All the way to the restaurant, Louis tried his level best to create conversation but how useless can it be when your companion for the evening has the least interest.

"Babe, you good?"

"Mhm?" Karmale responded absentmindedly.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You are barely returning my conversation." He placed his hand on her bare thigh.

"Keep your hand on the hand brake, Louis. We both need our lives." Karmale smiled at him.

Louis pulled over at the side of the road.

"And what happened? Is this the venue?" Karmale asked looking at Louis.

"Have you gone blind? It's the roadside."

"Louis-"

"Karmale!" Louis hit the wheel in anger.

"Louis, don't shout! You have to try harder to woo me. I don't intend to make it any difficult but I just can't forget what I experienced in our past relationship. So I expect you to be patient with me but that's only if you want to keep me."

"I'm sorry. I- i don't know. I'm sorry I-i lost it." He cooled down.

"It's okay. Let's go."

"But Karmale-"

"Yes!"

"You too have to make an effort."

"What exactly I'm I supposed to do?"

"Don't push me away. Give me a real chance without sabotage." Louis was close to pleading.

"Okay. I will improve on that."

"Thank you." Louis turned and held Karmale's one cheek in his palm. He motioned her face to his and brought their lips in contact.

"Louis-" she placed her hand on his shoulder and pushed him back slightly.

"What's wrong, babe?"

"I need sometime. Take it easy."

"Okay."

"Shall we. I'm starving."

"Right away my fine lady."

"Flatter me till I shutter!" Karmale hissed to herself.

Louis held her hand as he drove.

"Oh my God! I'm developing a heat trash!"

"Really?"

"No, I was joking." She laughed.

"I love your sense of humour."

"Another round of flatter!" This time she said it to his face.

"I'm not flattering you,babe. I'm complementing you." He emphasized.

"Okay, Loui."

"Please say babe or something sweet. Not just Loui!"

"Alright babe." Karmale said and pecked Louis on the cheek. It was bliss as a smile curved his lips. He was too happy that he didn't hear his phone ring.

"Babe, your phone is ringing."

"Oh thank you." He said as he picked up his white airpods.

"Good evening, Sir. I'm calling from Russian Cuisine Restaurant."

"Yes please."

"Sir you made reservations for tonight but unfortunately all reservations are being cancelled. We apologize but something went wrong somewhere. We are truly sorry."

"It's okay, mister." Louis kept the call.

"Looks like we are going to have Italian tonight." Louis announced.

#MADAMLAWYER.

Hola!!! 🤟

How did y'all love it?😻

I won't say much today either...simply do me a favour and vote on this. Comments are appreciated too.✨

I love you all who have reached this far. I'm humbled. Thanks for all the support. From the reads to the votes to the reading lists then comments. It elates me. Thanks a bunch.💕

Have a good night y'all!
I'm having this bad flu🤧 I gat to get under something warm asap. So I'll peace out right here.✌️✌️

Love y'all.

Authoress

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.6K 21
β€’ Seventeen year old, Lily Knight, daughter of one of the most feared men in America has been training most her life in order to take over her father...
98.2K 1.7K 25
They couldn't be together. But god did they want to be. β€’β€’β€’ "What do you get?" I asked. His lips curled up and I felt him give me the worst grin of...
1.6M 25.9K 53
While out clubbing Nala met this tall sexy stranger named Lorenzo Ferrari. Little did she know she didn't know what she was getting herself into when...
309K 9.3K 78
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...