𝕄𝕦𝕀𝕒𝕨𝕒π•₯ Ω…Ψ³Ψ§ΩˆΨ§Ψͺ [Comple...

By Nabihaali263

[UNDER MAJOR EDITING] We are as equal as the teeth of the comb, Musawat. [Equality.] Their was everything in... More

PREFACE
CHARACTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Epilogue

Chapter 5

900 97 12
By Nabihaali263

Chapter 5

Yet again a scream left my throat and I woke up from a nightmare. A nightmare I have been living every second of my life for the past five months. It had been five months since that accident. And I still can't move on from that. I still can't believe that he is no more.

Yes! He died! His body turned into ashes, and we couldn't even see his face! His mansion looks like a horror house without him, the liveliness, the aura, nothing was as before. Neither do I.

I didn't know why, neither I expected myself to be affected this much from just a mere stranger's death. And I hated that fact to the core from the bottom of my heart. Cause this stupid heart don't want to believe that he is dead.

Zafar Shah was openly roaming across the city continuing his dirty business which I came to know through Khalid. Apparently SH didn't have any family just like me, that's why he didn't show any signs of sympathy towards me on that day.

Why did he even have to be a Mafia? When I realised the fact that he was a trucking Mafia! I was angry. No scratch that, I was furious! Why does he have to get involved with such a business? I hate him for that!

Today, I decided to visit that boutique, specifically Azferene. I needed a distraction and her story is incomplete, maybe if I would get something else on my mind, I will forget about some stupid SH!

"Hey!" I waved at her from across the table on which she was working.

"Assalamualaikum!" She smiled at me, her full blown smile, which would make everyone's day. And it made my day!

"Walaikum Assalam." I replied slightly embarrassed. "It had been a long time." I tried to kill the awkward silence.

"Yeah! Very long. You came alone today? Where is your bodyguard?" She wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. It didn't seem like we were meeting after five months, or it was our second meeting only. We were so comfortable with each other, that it felt like we knew each other since ages!

"He died!" Her eyes widened at my cold voice. "Just within two hours after we left from here. But let us not talk about that. I came here to know your remaining story." I smiled at her even though it appeared to be a fake one.

"Let's get out of here. I am going to my parent's house for the day. Wanna join?" She asked, wrapping up her work while I enthusiastically nodded my head.

×××××××××××

"You can rejoin your job." He said busily combing his hairs making her eyes wide in shock.

First of all, he didn't pour water on her for the first time, and now this?

"Really?" She asked excitedly at which he just nodded his head.

"Thank you." For the first time her eyes shone with immense happiness in them as she looked in his dark grey orbs with a smile on her face. A smile, he wanted to hide away from the rest of the world.

He didn't say anything. He couldn't. So he just bobbed his head yet again and left for his work.

And as usual, she stood in his room's balcony and read numerous supplications and prayed to Allah to protect him from all the evil things of the world she blew in the air directed towards him.

She was happy. She couldn't stop her smile thinking that she could rejoin her work soon. Emailing her resume to the already selected boutiques she went down to look for something to pass her time.

She saw Aqsa, Aqib's wife throwing a wasted cake batter half cooked, half raw with a scrunched nose.

"May I help you?" She asked hopefully not wanting to be rejected yet again. Although, Aqsa and Haniya were never brutal towards her unlike his siblings. But they never actually behaved well with her. They would just go with what their husbands wanted.

"How will you help me? This is the sixth batter I am wasting this week." She pouted at her. Aqsa was the youngest and cutest among all the family members. She was just of Saman's age but Saman acted more mature, and Aqsa...she behaved herself in front of everyone.

"It's ok. Wait...I will teach you the simplest recipe..." and she started taking out the ingredients and weighing them all along giving her tips on how to handle and how to mix while she sat criss-crossed on the dining's chair watching attentively how she was doing everything.

It wasn't even an hour, when Azferene wore her silicon gloves and pulled out the cake's tray. Aqsa gasped at the perfectly molded cake and clapped her hands like a child.

"We will keep it to cool down. Dinner k waqt nikalege jab sab honge. Or ab kal mai banaungi or ap dekhegi. Thank you!" She exclaimed happily and hugged her tightly making her freeze for a second but she eventually reciprocated her hug.

"Ap to har cheez me expert hai. Aivayi itne din aap ka khana bhi nahi khaya. Or wo jo pehle din apne masala omelette banaya tha...maine to Aqib ke jaye baad khaya tha chupke se." She giggled, informing her about the first day of her marriage.

"Really? Then why did they all leave the food?" She asked curiously.

"Uhh...wo...wo to wo...Haroon Bhaijan ki first wife kuch zada hi free thi sabse. Isiliye ye log precautions le rahe hai." She stuttered at first but revealed eventually. Aqsa was Haroon's first cousin, that means she must have known what actually happened.

"Matlab?" Azferene was genuinely confused.

"Umm...wo...uh...wo Zaid bhaijan or Aqib ke personal space me aati thi. Ab ap samajh jaye na..." Aqsa whined at last looking away and not wanting to talk about it anymore she excused herself and left the kitchen.

Personal space? That's why they hate me too? Because they think I will step in their personal space? Or do they think I am just like her?

She herself cringed at her thoughts and physically shook her head to throw away the thoughts.

××××××××××

"WHAT? Just because SHE used to be like that, they treated you like this?" I shrieked in anger and disgust.

"Will you shut up and stop reaching conclusions? And lower your voice! I don't want my parents to listen to this, they would be here any minute." She shushed me down like an elder sister. It had been nearly an hour since we were sitting in her parent's house. Mr. And Mrs. Wajahat were visiting some relatives and would be here any minute.

"Okay! I won't! But bring me something at least. I am hungry." I threw her way a frustrated glance and she equally reciprocated it while standing up and glaring at me till she had to turn around to make her way to the kitchen. I laughed silently at her antics. She doesn't even look like she is a married woman!

As soon as she disappeared, the door opened and in came a couple in their early fifties. Assuming them to be Mr. Mrs. Wajahat, I stood up in respect, greeting them politely with a Hello.

They widened their eyes at me as if they had seen a ghost but nevertheless replied back, while their gaze was still stuck on me as if, if they would look away, I would literally disappear.

"Assalamualaikum." I mentally thanked Azferene for coming on the right time and killing the awkward silence.

"Meet my friend Ilhaam." She gestured towards me after keeping the snack's tray on the table.

"Well it's new...you and friends?" Mr. Wajahat said still in some trance and I couldn't point out why they were looking at me like that?

"Why? Can't I make friends? Huh?" Azferene wiggled her eyebrows at her parents.

"Ilhaam? Right?" I just nodded my head at Mr. Wajahat motioning him to continue. "What does your father do?" He tried really hard to make it oblivious, but it was quite obvious that he wanted to know everything about me.

"I don't have parents." I mumbled while picking up a piece of cake to eat.

Was it my imagination or reality? But I saw them relaxing after hearing me, both of them! Weird!

"Okay Azferene! I will take my leave. See you later." Saying I stood up to leave.

"You can stay here dear!" Before I could hug her, Mrs. Wajahat said for the first time.

"Uh! No. No aunty. Thank you so much. But I will just leave." I scratched my forehead nervously. Sensing my awkwardness, Azferene jumped in and walked me out of the house and I didn't forget to exchange our numbers this time.

××××××××××

"Wo...umm...mujhe Ammi ke ghar jana tha...documents lene..." Azferene said while her fingers were tapping her thigh.

Haroon looked up at her with empty eyes, but a slight flick wasn't unnoticed by her. But before she could put her finger on it, he masked it away.

"To chali jao." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Mujhse kyun pooch rahi ho?" Saying he continued typing away on his phone.

"Apse nahi to fir kisse puchugi?" Her voice trembled. And the feeling of being unwanted settled her heart in a pit as she looked away from him.

"Kyu zaroorat hai puchne ki? Apne ammi ke ghar hi jaa rahi ho..." his voice annoyed her.

"Apse ijazat nahi lungi to fir kisse lungi? Huh? Aap Ke siwa hai hi kaun mera?" Her voice raised an octave as she bursted on him. But the next second she kept both hands on her mouth with wide eyes. She herself was shocked at her own outburst.

His eyes widened a little at her voice. For the first time, clear and without a stutter.

"I...I am sorry..." saying she was about to run out of the room when his voice stopped her.

"Kal ready rehna. Mai office jate jate chod dunga." His voice was stern but it soothed her aching heart even if it were just a few words. She thanked him wholeheartedly and laid her mattress for sleeping.

Shukar Allah! At least he is not that bad. It is his past which is haunting him to act like that with me. He is letting me live in his room, letting me have my own mattress instead of the cold floor or wet couch. He even had stopped pouring water! And had given me permission to do the job? But does that mean he will leave me soon? Cause that was the reason I gave him? Ya Allah! Please don't make this marriage come to that...anything but that...I won't be able to bear it...please Allah...

She poured her heart out until sleep engulfed her finally.

While he was still wide awake with thoughts swirling his mind once again. He wasn't himself a pious one. He had made mistakes, and unforgivable ones at that. Like, pouring cold water every morning in winter on her, selecting cheap clothes for her to embarrass her in front of her family, not eating her food even when it was delicious. Hell! He had even skipped going out with his friends for dinner just to eat her food in the past month!

But when you have a past with a woman, a horrible one to be at that, you are helpless before giving anyone a chance!

He sighed turning on his right side, his eyes fell on her slender figure and slept peacefully with her arm tucked under her head and a smile on her face. She looked at peace. Why can't he have such peace? Maybe because she doesn't hurt anyone intentionally. Or maybe she is closer to Allah than he is. Or maybe she wasn't at fault...he didn't even want to think in that line.

But he was sure, she is good at heart! The thing he tried to search so desperately for in his first wife. She is close to Allah, Aliah didn't even know the meaning of it. She respects his family as her own, something he could never have accepted from Aliah. Azferene is nothing close to what Aliah was.

He groaned as realisation hit him of what he was doing. He was judging both of them, comparing them!

Astagfirullah! He muttered under his breath and started reciting supplication all the while glancing at Azferene, his eyes dropped and sleep engulfed him without his consent.

For he knew, it might be his last words too. Cause if Allah wills, he will wake up next morning. And if he wills, he won't. So if he dies the next moment, his last words should be Allah's supplication.

××××××××××

Do comment your thoughts...

19.12.2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
306K 9.6K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
142K 5.5K 52
Everyone has a right to smile, love, and find happiness but that wasn't the case for Hayat Ali. She is a 25-years-old Muslim girl who works as a scho...
3.4K 142 15
What if the love of your life doesn't love you anymore? This is the situation 22-year old Ihsan finds herself in, when her husband fills the divorce...