Ashes of the Deceived. (Izuku...

By The_Queen_Boo

(Ghost!Izuku Midoriya x Reader.) • He's staring down at me with those dead eyes holding a calm expression. I... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Epilogue.
Thank You Notes
Bonus Chapter.
Bonus Chapter pt. 2
Bonus Chapter pt. 3
Bonus Chapter pt. 4
Bonus Chapter pt. 5
Bonus Chapter pt. 6
Bonus Chapter pt.7
Bonus Chapter pt. 8
Bonus Chapter pt.9

Chapter Twenty.

1.1K 63 52
By The_Queen_Boo

—First Person POV.—

Is this what I wanted? I set him free.

I've just let the ghost I was sent to kill out of prison.

He's walking across his porch, his gloved hands trailing along the railing as he stares out into the dark.

He's like a wild animal let out of a cage: Cautious and hopeful.

His fingertips trace the wood on the crooked railing like it's the most wonderful thing he's ever felt.

And part of me is glad.

Part of me knows that he never deserved anything that happened, and I want to give him more than a broken porch.

I want to give him an entire life— His whole life back, starting tonight.

The other part of me knows there are bodies in his basement, lives that he stole, and none of this was their fault either.

I can't give Izuku his life back because his life is already gone.

Maybe I've made a huge mistake.

"We should get out of here." Denki says as he stares skeptically at Izuku's back.

I look to Jirou and she nods, so I walk towards the door, trying to keep myself between them and Izuku, though since I don't have my knife— I don't know how much use I'll be.

When he hears us come through the door, he turns and catches my eyes with an arched brow at the two hiding behind me.

"It's okay." He says "I won't hurt them."

"Are you sure?" I question and he sinks for a moment, trying to find the right words.

"I feel.. Sane, is that possible?"

"Probably not completely." Jirou mutters and I send a deadpan in her direction.

Izuku let's out a laugh as his eyes fall on to the dark haired female.

"You saved her, the first time." He states, staring at Jirou with those kind eyes "I remember you, you pulled her out."

"I don't think you would have killed her anyways." Jirou shrugs but a small smile falls onto her face, she liked the idea of being a hero.

"Why didn't you?" Denki asks "Why weren't you going to kill (Y/n)? What made you choose Emily instead?"

"Emily." Izuku repeats softly "I don't know, maybe it was because they were rude, I knew they'd tricked her— Maybe I felt.. Sorry for her?"

I snort "Sorry for me? I could've handled them myself."

"One of them smashed the back of your head with a board from my house." Izuku is giving me a knowing look and I feel myself deadpan again.

"You keep saying 'maybe'." Jirou breaks in "You don't know for sure?"

"I don't." Izuku sighs honestly "Not for sure, but I'm glad." He adds and smiles.

Seeing his smile brings my own smile to my face "We should go." I speak up after a pause "That whole thing took a lot out of us, we should all get some sleep."

"But you'll come back?" Izuku questions with hopeful eyes, as if he thinks he'll never see me again.

I nod.

I'll come back.

To do what? I don't know.

I know that I can't let Chisaki keep my knife, and that I'm not sure if Izuku's safe as long as he has it.

But that's dumb, because who says he's safe if I have it either? I need some sleep— I need to recoup and regroup and rethink everything.

"If I'm not at my house—" Izuku starts, his eyes flickering from me to stare at the overgrown lawn "Call for me, I won't be far."

The idea of him running around Musutafu doesn't thrill me.

I don't know what he's capable of, and my suspicious side whispers that I have just been tricked— But there's nothing I can do about it right now.

"Was this a victory?" Denki asks as we walk down the driveway "I'm not sure." I reply.

It sure as hell doesn't feel like one.

My knife is gone.

Izuku is free.

And the only thing that seems certain in my head and heart is that this isn't over.

I feel sad, like I'm leaking from a thousand wounds.

That jerk took my damn knife.

"That was one cool light show you put on." Jirou compliments Denki with a chuckle.

The blonde grins lopsidedly "Thanks—"

—Time Skip.—

"The knife is gone.

You lost it.

Where is it?"

He's got me by the throat, strangling for answers and slamming me back into my pillow.

"Stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

I wake up swinging, propped upright on my bed with sweat rolling down my forehead.

The room is empty.

Of course it is; Don't be stupid.

Using the same word on myself brings me back to the dream.

I'm only half awake, the memory of his hands on my throat is lingering.

I still can't speak.

There's too much tightness in my chest and my heart is beating a hundred times per second.

Was it my father? The idea is quickly shot down as I shake my head, realizing how stupid I sound and how different their voices are.

It couldn't be him.

It was just another dream, like the rest, and at least I know where this one came from— It doesn't take a genius to know I felt bad about losing the knife.

Kenya jumps onto my lap.

In the scant moonlight through my window, I can barely make out his dark irises.

He's staring at me, his mouth open in a relaxed pant "Hey." I greet.

The sound of my voice in the dark is sharp and too loud— But it sends the dream farther away, it was so vivid.

I can still remember the bitter smell of something like.. Smoke?

Kenya is still silently staring at me before his eyes snap over to the balcony door, his already erect ears seem to straighten more as he stares.

The sound of something moving catches my attention and I reach under my pillow.

"Oh right, no knife." I deadpan but get up anyways to check it out.

I shift the curtain away from the door to see nothing outside and I realize— How could a person even get up to the second story?

I chuckle at my own stupidity and open the door to breathe in the fresh night air.

Kenya had started to growl and I roll my eyes, stepping out and onto the balcony "Oh be quiet, there's nothing out here."

I take a few more steps further on the balcony before coming to a stop in the middle.

The moon was high in the sky and oddly enough, there was no breeze in the air, everything was just, still.

It was nice.

Until I thought I heard a noise, confusion plastered across my face as I cautiously walked over to the railing.

It could have been my imagination, right?

That's what I ask yet I still curiously look over the edge and am met with green eyes that seemed to glow in the moonlight.

"Hey—" He starts, his face is mere inches away from mine and a yelp passes through my mouth as I throw my fist forward.

His eyes widen as his body suddenly jolts back, successfully dodging my fist but letting a shout of surprise as he falls.

I fell back onto my butt in the process and after a second of processing what the heck just happened, my eyes widen as large as dinner plates and I scramble to look over the railing.

Izuku is wavering in the air, the shadows connected to his hands are holding him up and after finally steadying himself, he glances up to me and an apologetic smile falls onto his face.

It almost looked like a scene out of an Iron man movie— I deadpan.

"What are you doing here?!" I whisper-shout and Izuku clears his throat as he 'flies' up to be eye level with me.

Now that we're face to face he reaches up to rub the back of his neck in a nervous gesture "I just—" The green haired boy falls back and without thinking, I grab his hand to stop him.

"Sorry, it's been a while since I last 'floated' like this." Izuku states with a sheepish chuckle, eyeing the shadows on his arm that held his body in the air.

I can feel myself roll my eyes "It's fine, but what are you doing here??"

"Well— I was—I just wanted to see you?" He questions, his eyes flickering from me to my hand and back to me.

My eye brows raise, not expecting those words to leave his mouth or for my heart to suddenly jump at his reasoning.

"Well, good to see you too I guess—" A low growling cuts me off and Izuku hears it too.

He confusingly glances behind me and I tilt my head back to see what he's looking at— Kenya is standing by the opened door, his ears are pulled back with his teeth bared in my direction.

I glance over to Izuku to see him smile as he turns back to me "Can I pet him?" He politely asks and I almost forget he is using shadows to float up to my balcony right now.

I glance towards Kenya before shrugging and pulling away from the green haired boy.

"Go ahead, but I'm not sure he'll appreciate it—" In a matter of seconds, Kenya is by the railing and Izuku is petting the top of his head while he lets out happy pants.

"Oh," I deadpan as I watch the two.

"Oh? Is there something wrong?" Izuku questions as he glances up from the fox to meet my eyes.

I shake my head "No no, nothings wrong it's just— He's supposed to help scope out ghosts, not be friends with them." I chuckle and he follows.

"I guess I'm no ordinary ghost, huh." He replies with a laugh and I absently nod along, pausing as I take in his figure.

In the moonlight, his eyes are glinting as the small hint of wind presses up against his dark locks.

His freckles are easier to see with the color back in his skin and for once, I forget he's not even alive.

I lean in, my eyes trailing over the many freckles lining his cheeks and he pauses, his eyes finding my own as his body stiffens.

"Oh— Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I swear." I apologize and stand up straight, my hands had planted themselves on the railing while he had leant over it to pet Kenya.

Izuku's face flushes and I realize Kenya had ran off a little while ago "It's okay, you don't need to apologize." He reassures and I chuckle sheepishly.

"It's just.." I start and I don't bother thinking about what I'm saying before it actually leaves my lips "Has anyone ever told you you're really pretty?" I say and regret it instantly as my cheeks warm.

The two of us go silent as we just stare at each other and I clear my throat.

"No— I mean— Handsome, that's what I meant." I try to redeem myself as I sweat-drop and he lets out a short laugh.

"I mean, my mom used to call me handsome all the time." He brings up but his words quickly die out as he recalls the distant memory with a sigh.

The air was awkward now, I didn't know what to say in this situation— I mean, what am I supposed to say to a ghost who suddenly remembered his mom who is probably dead by now?

"Actually.. No, no one's ever called me pretty before.." He claims after clearing his throat and I want to face palm in embarrassment but I end up just glancing away for a moment.

It's late and I'm too tired to think straight so when I turn to tell him that I'm going to bed and will see him tomorrow, I freeze as his face is only mere inches away from my own.

He had planted his own hands on the railing and I hadn't realized how close we actually where until now.

We're both just staring at each other and the thoughts of my previous nightmare have diminished into nothing but ash.

And then he leans in.

"(Y/n)! Have you seen Kenya?!" I jolt at the sound of my moms voice from downstairs and in a panic I turn my head away to yell back.

"Coming!" I had stuttered in the midst of that one simple word and when I turn back to Izuku, he is gone.

I hear a thud and my heart leaps in worry as I shoot my head over the edge to check on him and see if he's hurt or not—

Then I realize he is already dead— And he just fell in to a bush.

I can hear the green eyed boy nervously chuckle as he climbs out of the bush and looks up at me.

"I'm okay!" He whisper yells "I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight (Y/n)!" He waves and I agree with a nod as I watch him start walking backwards towards the woods.

"Goodnight, Izuku." Is what I say as he disappears beyond the tree line.

Out of my sight.

And that's when I suddenly get the question: How the hell does he know where I live??

——————————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 3.3K 14
A villain must not always be a villain. In this case however, the death of countless people are haunting Izuku Midoriya the number 3 villain in Japan...
4.6M 172K 97
*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, but be damned sure that I'll protect you...
180K 11.3K 55
"I despise of many things but...I despise you the most, All Might" After a life changing incident that leaves his image of hero society askew, he tak...
59.2K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...