I Can't Love You✔

By Reading_Mermaid08

{Complete} -Formerly, Searching for Sirens- Zander Armstrong, Pirate MC prospect, has never felt more betraye... More

Searching For Sirens
Character Banners
Dumb Butt {1}
Just A Pup {2}
The Battle of Cheddar {3}
Ollie Fueled Revenge {4}
A little help from Mr. Boner {5}
A Bit Batty {6}
Best of Both {7}
Forgive me, Ollie, for I have sinned. {9}
Unexpected Guest {10}
The Grand Escape {11}
I ain't clowning. {12}
Getting In My Head {13}
A taste of the Sun {14}
With Friends Like These {15}
Forgotten Sunshine {16}
Demon Squirrel {17}
Playing With Fire {18}
Love ain't a science. {19}
Fall Out {20}
Puppy Love Confessions {21}
Thunder Clouds Rise {22}
Lost My GD Mind {23}
Brewing Storm {24}
Demon Deal {25}
Ray of Hope {26}
Christmas Patch {27}
Sunset{28}
Ambiguous {29}
Regrets and Whiskey {30}
Gone Tamarah {31}
In The End {32}
Merina's Gift to SFS Readers!
Playlist
🏆Awards🏆
Announcement

Big Girl Panties {8}

373 30 152
By Reading_Mermaid08

"Zany!' I desperately cling to my bat as I debate going back to where I came from or keep going forward. "Zander Armstrong, where are you?"

After the first maze worker jumped between Becca's friends and me, I haven't been able to catch up. I keep sinking deeper and deeper into endless bails of hay. Things keep jumping out at me, sending my mind into a panic blur as I run away in terror. Now I feel like I keep walking in circles. There's a zombie bride that I've seen about five times now, but goddamn it, she gets me every time.

Fear sinks into my skin like a cold, bitter winter chill. My chest feels tight, like I can't breathe, as the shadows dance around me. Droned-out screams set my nerves on edge as I stumble along across the damp uneven path. Stray straws of hay grab and tug at me, trying to keep me locked within their nightmare.

A new fear I might not find my way out replaces the terror of this fucking zombie-ridden maze. When I turn a corner and only see more maze. My heart is racing so hard I can hear it beat in my ears.

It's fine. I'm fine. Zane's noticed by now that I'm not with the group and is scouring this maze to find me. He'd never leave me here alone. They aren't going to tear this thing apart and find an Ollie skeleton come November first. I have to keep yelling for him.

"Zane!" The desperation in my voice makes me cringe. I sound like a scared child.

Get a hold of yourself.

The grip on my bat tightens as my hands begin to shake. When it squeaks in protest, I nearly jump out of my skin. I pull out my phone to try and text Zane, but the damn glitchy thing is dead already. I know why Peter dumped it for a new one. It doesn't hold a fucking charge.

Maybe I should stay put? It'll be faster for him to find me. I back up until I hit a corner and slide down the stack. Beneath my boot, the soft dirt squishes under my weight. I need to take a breather and clear my head. Breathe, just breathe.

He'll find me. I tell myself as I bury my face into my bat's back. Tears sting my eyes, though I try to stay strong. I'm a big girl, and big girls don't cry. I keep repeating the line my dad would feed me when I was little. Any time I fell and scraped my knee, it was always, 'You're alright. You're a big girl, and big girls don't cry.'

I shiver in my corner, but not because I'm cold. A bright light hits me, sending relief fall over me like a warm blanket as my head pops up to see who's approaching. It has to be Zane. I knew he was looking for me.

"Ollie?" I squint to see who's behind the phone light but can only make out three tall, dark figures.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" A different voice that I know asks. It isn't the voice I'm looking for, but anyone familiar will do at this point.

"Korbin?" I breathe out in relief.

The man with the phone lowers the light to the ground, and I realize the three figures are Korbin, Creed, and Tamarah's brother, Miles.

Korbin steps around Miles and walks up to me to offer a hand. "How the hell did you get over here alone?"

"I got lost." My voice catches in my throat.

Mile's features soften into a sympathetic look as I grab Korbin's clammy cold hand and quickly rise to my feet. Korbin pulls me into him, and even though I've been blowing him off since he told me to get lost at the party a week ago, I don't push away. Right now, the three of them are my knights in shining armor.

Creed's dark brown eyes narrow on me, ones that I am very familiar with. It wasn't long ago that I'd stare into those warm pools and swoon. That was before he slept with me, then turned around and slept with Becca too. Back when I thought he could help me get over my childhood crush on Zane and I could finally move on.

"Who were you with, cause I know for damn sure you didn't come in here yourself."

Creed knows me too well, like Zane. The three of us were tied at the hips since we were in grade school.

"Zany." I grip Korbin's coat as his arm loops around me. His warmth is comforting and welcoming. "We got seperated."

Creed scowls and glances at the corner I was huddled in. "How long have you been in here?"

I shrug and cuddle into Korbin more. "Half-hour at the least."

"Half-hour?!" Korbin pulls away from me. Astonishment is written all over his face. "Jesus Christ, Ollie, the maze ain't that big? How the hell have you been stuck in here for half an hour?"

"Let's just get her out." Creed grumbles as he pushes past Miles. This time, I firmly fist Korbin's jacket so that I don't get lost again. The constant surprises jumping out at us makes me a nervous wreck. What's worse is that the three boys seem completely unphased as we go.

With every monster, I cling closer to Korbin until he's practically carrying me through it. It isn't until I see the light filtering through the exit that I bolt away from his side and am happy to get the hell out thereof here. I would kiss the ground, but Korbin steps up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

Creed and Miles soon file out behind us; my attention is on the passerbyers looking for Zane. He's probably panicking, everything at the fair seems to be closing down, and he still hasn't found me.

"I'll catch you guys later." Korbin says to Miles and Creed. His hands slip under my leather coat. When his cool fingers touch my bare waist, it sends a shiver through me. "You coming home with me tonight?" Korbin's gaze heats when it turns to me.

I can't leave. I glance back at the maze exit. Zane won't have any idea that I left, and he'll be frantic. If he isn't out here looking for me, then he's in that blasted maze. Surely, he pops out the exit ever so often to see if I made it out.

I shake my head. A look of irritation crosses Korbin's face, but he nods and drops his arm from around me.

"I'm going to head out too." Miles gives me a wink. "Night baby niece," a running joke he teases me with ever since his sister started dating my dad.

I playfully stick my tongue out at him before he and Korbin walk off toward the parking lot.

I take a seat on a nearby hay bale, waiting for Zane to walk out.

Next to me, Creed sets down, his legs spread out, touching my own as he leans his elbows onto his thighs.

"I can't believe he took you in there." Creed's deep voice rattles my chest. "You're terrified of your shadow, and have no sense of direction."

I squeeze my bat tighter. "He didn't drag me in kicking and screaming. I followed him in."

"He shouldn't have suggested to go in." He tosses a hand toward the maze, drawing my attention to his smooth, rich golden complexion that the summer's sun has toasted his Puerto Rican skin too.

"He didn't!" I jump to Zane's defense before thinking my words through. "Your slutty, bitchy, ankle biter did."

Creed stiffens.

Shit. I should have kept my damn mouth shut.

"What?" Creed's voice drops to a dangerous octave that would send a chill up Death's spine.

Just as I try to save Zane by back paddling, the low rumble of a tractor catches both of our attention.

Giggles and laughter pour off the trailer as the patrons file off the back.

I can feel Creed's mood darken next to me. When I follow his fiery gaze, my heart stops.

Becca is hanging off a giddy smiling Zane. It feels like a glass bowl has been dropped overhead. Trapping me in a hollow glass orb, isolated and alone. The scene plays out like a film.

This can't be real. He's looking for me. He wouldn't abandon me in the maze knowing I was lost and terrified.

"Becca!" Creed's voice booms, snapping the group's attention to us. Zane's face instantly falters into a look more guarded while Becca jumps away from him.

A look that makes my stomach turn blooms on her face. Satisfaction. The sick bitch is happy to be caught.

I barely notice Creed's long legs striding the short distance between the maze exit and the ride. My focus stays locked on Zane as my brain struggles to register what my eyes are seeing.

"Creed, calm down." Becca rolls her eyes. Usually, her gruff voice grates against my nerves, but I feel so numb right now. "The girls, Zane and I wanted to grab the last ride." She strides up to Creed and runs her hand up his abs, but he catches her hand midway up and glares down at her.

"We're leaving." Creed's gaze snaps up to Zane. "Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend."

I see every muscle in Zane's body ripple, but thankfully he keeps himself reigned in as Creed and the three girls leave.

I try not to selfishly focus on the fact he hasn't even noticed that I made it out of the maze and that he's more upset over Creed and Becca. But it doesn't help heal the hollow ache in my chest.

I glance toward the carnival where the Ferris wheel's lights shut off, signaling rides are over. It's for the best. I've lost the hope of the romantic ride alone with Zane. I could tell by the look in his eyes when he begged me to go to the maze. He didn't want to go.

I walk up to Zane, clutching the prize he won for me, the highlight of our night, to my chest. "Can we go now?" I mask the defeat, disappointment, and pain that poisons and burns my insides.

"Yeah." Zane's voice is strained, and his normally loving eyes stare dead into the dark space the others disappeared into. With fist still clenched, he marches off toward his bike with me following in his wake.

Every move he makes is sharp when we get to his bike like he wants to pummle something. He digs his spare helmet out for me to take. When I take it, his eyes drop to the plushie in my arms. "Put that in the saddle bag."

I frown and hold it tighter. It's the only good thing I have from tonight, and I want to hold on to it. "I'm carrying it."

"You can't hold on and hold that stupid thing in the process. Why do you have to make everything so difficult? Put the fucking thing in the goddamn saddle bag, Ollie!"

He may as well have slapped me across the face. His words hit me like a sledgehammer. I know his wrath isn't because of me or the bat, but his words still hurt.

I quickly stuff the bat in the saddlebag, making it squeak in the process, and jerk my helmet on. The ride home is full of disappointment, and when I get home, I mutter a quick, "Thanks for going with me." Before hurrying into the house where dad and Tamarah sit cuddling on the couch watching a movie.

"Hey, sugar." Dad smiles at me as I put my big girl face on. "How was the fair?"

Big girls don't cry. I force an exaggerated smile. "It was awesome!"  

Hey!  Welcome back.

No, you can't kill Zane. We need him.

Other than murder, what did you think of this chapter?!?!  Please unload your rants on Zane here --->

I'm so excited to find out what you think.  Also, I added a song to the top of the chapter that reminded me of this particular chapter.  Do we like it?  Should I add songs to every chapter?  Let me know.  I can make it a thing.

Anway.  I look forward to the next chapter, and hopefully, you do too.

Stay healthy and happy.  

Till next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

615K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
23.8K 1.7K 16
TW Abuse, Rape, Kidnapping. Not even going to write my normal blurb here. It's a slow build, on how one extremely abused woman overcame all of her fe...
114K 9.1K 43
Griffin "Gruff" Wilkins was a man of few words, a trait he learned at a young age. He was the oldest in his family and learned real quick that if he...
1.3K 41 3
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ˗ˏˋ「 🧸 ➺ ❝VARIOUS! POPPY PLAYTIME X READER❞ 」'ˎ˗ # 𝐏𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 : : @-MISSFERXANII is typing . . ; ➽ cover edite...