Finding The Match

By Sherlyn_S10

What will happen when the person you have a crush on starts to play the role of the matchmaker in your life... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (EDITED)
Chapter 6 (EDITED)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 32.2
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39.2
Chapter 40
Chapte 41
Chapter 42.

Chapter 39

6 1 0
By Sherlyn_S10

CAMILA 

I sat there stupefied as Ryan talked about me on going on an actual date with Raphael. I mean, I felt kind of good about the fact that, in my friendship with Raphael, Ryan could actually see some potential. Despite of the fact he dislikes Raphael he still wants me to go on a date with him. 

Great. 

Yet, I don't really want to go. I agree that Raphael is hot as hell and whenever I am with him I feel good but he is probably nothing more than that. And he can never be anything more than that. He isn't even a crush. I know that sounds so silly but that's true. I have never ever felt any connection with him. And how could I even, when he is so much engrossed in just talking about his business, I barely know anything about him. We always talk about me or everything around me but not him nothing about him. I never asked much neither he ever said. I don't even feel belonged. I still feel that something is wrong. How a self-obsessed and judgy guy became so sweet all of a sudden. His first impression was totally of a player but then I think, he has some kind of wall built around him. Maybe he is actually a sweet guy. 

''So, me and Raphael on a date ?'' I said to Ryan.

''Yeah. You just have to say 'yes' to him when he texts, asking for the date.''

I said with a weak smile, ''Yeah. Okay.''

''Don't you want to go ? If you don't then, you don't have to.'' Ryan said putting a hand on my shoulder. 
Oh, his touch is always so comforting.

''No. I mean that's okay. It's the third date, let's see how it goes.

I have some hopes for this one at least. In addition to that Raphael is not a stranger. It kind of feels less anxious to go on a date with someone you know. 

Let's hope for the best. But what could possibly go wrong with the date this time. 

The days passed really quick. It was a hectic week jam-packed with meetings and works. I had to even bring work to home. And finally it was sunday. The day which we all wait throughout the week and the day I had a date.  On Saturday, Raphael had already texted me about the date and I had said 'yes.' 

''So you are ready for the date ?'' Ryan said, as he leaned on the door of my room. 

I replied, ''Yeah. What are you going to do while I will be gone ?''

''Maybe I will just go over to the twins and play video games.''

''Okay. Sounds...I don't know. I have never played a video games'' I replied. 

''You should go now'' Ryan said looking at his watch. 

''But how am I going to go ?? Raphael didn't say anything about picking me up. Maybe I will just take a cab, but to where ? I don't even know where to go.'' I said. 

Ryan rolled his eyes and said, ''Wow. And you both are going on a date. Maybe I wi-''

He was interrupted by a honk. I went to my balcony and saw a limo and a text from Raphael, popped on my phone. Saying,

Enjoy your limo, come soon I am waiting. ;)

So, this limo is sent by Raphael for me! Never have I ever got a chance to be on a limousine.

I turned and said to Ryan, ''It's for me. Raphael just texted. I will see you later. Bye.'' 

''Bye.'' Said Ryan dryly. He is again not in a mood. But I am not leaving just hearing his stupid bye. It was him in the first place who set up the date. 

''It wasn't a bye.'' I said folding my arms. 

''Go. What are you waiting for ?'' He said turning me around and pushing me gently towards the door.

I restrained and replied, ''A proper bye, will make me go.'' 

''Okay okay. Bye. See you soon. Enjoy your date. Is that fine now ?'' 

I smiled and then what I did was so spontaneous I didn't even realise that I did it. 

I kissed him on the cheek and went on my way. 

Oh my god. I just kissed Ryan! What have I done ? Why did I do that ?

It was so spontaneous. In the heat of the moment thing. It was like I was saying goodbye to my boyfriend. I hate hate hate myself. 

I went to the car to see a chauffer open the door for me.
Ooo, Fancy. 
I stepped in the car and kept on thinking about the kiss. I mean it was my first kiss. I have never kissed anyone. Though it was on cheek. As I thought about it I felt heat crept my face and I was blushing in no time. I ponder, what is with Ryan doing right now. And I smiled thinking about him. I am really behaving like a 'head over heels' girl.

Still, isn't that very true ? 

I kept aside all the thoughts as I stepped out of the car to see myself on the most beautiful places. In Paris, Parc Des Buttes-Chaumont. It's a park which features an artificial lake and a waterfall. I have been dying to come to this place. I had told this to Raphael. Is that why he setup the date here ? 
If that's so, I have no words. This is going to be the best date of my life. 

And then the chauffer said, ''Ma'am, please follow me. Sir is waiting for you.''

I nodded and followed him and I tried not the get lost in the beauty of the place. It was so wonderful. My eyes kept on wandering here and there. I followed the chauffer and reached near the lake. It was one of the most stunning things ever. The park didn't had many people. Even on sunday. When I reached the lake I saw Raphael. Waiting for me.

 I went up to him and said, ''Hey !''

''Finally. You look beautiful. Do you like this place ?''

Now now, he himself was looking so good. The place was quiet and stunning. I don't know what good deeds I did to have such an awesome moment in my life.

''I like ? I love this. I have been dying to come here ever since I shifted to Paris.''

''I know. I wanted to see you just happy.'' He replied. 

''Thank you so much !'' I replied and hugged him. 

We went to sit on a bench. The artificial lake wrapped around the hilly central island. The lake attracted waterfowl and other little birds. It was so heartwarming to just sit there away from the rustle-bustle and just enjoy the moment, enjoy the nature. Then we went to Temple de la Sibylle. It's a small, round belvedere, based on the Roman Temple of Vesta. The wind was chilly but sweet. It was a fresh air and I stood there holding hands with Raphael. We both stood there just living in the moment looking at the setting sun. 

Most ravishing scenario of my life. 

Later we went to a restaurant for dinner. 

''I am so hungry.'' I said to Raphael. 

''Yeah. Me too. Are you enjoying yourself ??'' He asked. Pulling out the chair for me. 

I smiled ear to ear and said, '' It's so far the best date of my life. You actually remembered that I wanted to visit the park ?''

''Yeah I did. You know, when a beautiful girl is talking to you, what do you do ? You just listen to her and get lost in her words.'' He said taking my hand. 

I was blushing. It's so easy to make me blush. 

''Thanks.'' I said. 

What else could I say ? I got nervous. The date was going so awesome. My past dates were much worse than a nightmare. This time Ryan choose the right person.

After the dinner we went to the parking. It was time to go home. He kept his phone on the dashboard mount. I know, how it feels, you just can't sit with a phone in your pants pocket.

Then suddenly a short man, in his 40's with thinning blonde hair
came to the window and said, "Hey...? It's you, Raphael! My boy."

It was obvious that they knew eachother. Raphael replied, "Hey Uncle Gerald. Give me a second."

He turned to me and said, " Wait, I will be back in a minute."

I nodded and he went out of the car.

Hmm...I think he was some long lost Uncle maybe. I don't know. I don't want to know. But maybe I can ask him. At this point, I feel tired. But good as well. The day was so memorable. I laid back on my seat and made myself comfortable. Then there was some notification on Raphael's phone. Then there was another one, I ignored it. It was his business and peeking into someone else phone is bad manners.
But then there was another... Then another. His phone had constant notifications and now I was curious to know what it was.

Fuck manners. Let's see what's it. A sly smile formed on my lips and I took his phone and saw it was from......"Bestie". So it's from Liam Cruz.

I know how this is. When your bestfriend doesn't replies to you, you spam. I have done that before with Erica and she does that always too.

I smiled thinking of it and was about to keep the phone back when I saw my name mentioned in the text. I clicked it open and read. After what I read, I was shook to my core. I couldn't believe what I saw.

***************************************

That's it. Let's see in the next chapter what did the text say.
I hope you like it.
-Love Yaa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 8.6K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
13.1K 685 27
'Being someone's first love may be great, but to be their last is perfect.' *** Nora and Sarah were known for their friendship in their college. Unti...
167K 4.5K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
1.7K 53 50
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...