Fire wings (Hiatus Read Desc...

By personally-meVA

So. I can no longer write. My phone got ran over and all my saved chapters are gone. Not to mention, that pho... More

Synopsis
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Hiatus

Chapter 1

1.7K 40 26
By personally-meVA

So, their home is the monastery. And seasons 1 & 2 have happened, but not season  3. It's a weird concept I know, but there may be trace elements/mentions of other seasons, so it's like a mix and match thing. Zane is his original and 4th season form and can switch like in #8.

Going to be 100% honest with you here, I have no direction for this book! 😂😅😂 So please bear with me, and give me motivation and a bit of praise. /hj Lol. Also! Ships are Plasma (KaixJay) and Glacier (ColexZane.)

Kai trained with the others when his back began to ache. They had been training for hours, and hadn't let them stretch for longer. Hiding his wings was hard on its own, but for them to be hidden this long was agony. No one knew of them, not even his little sister.

Kai was knocked to the ground by Jay, who stopped to help up his teammate. "Hey. Are you okay Kai. You seem off right now."

Kai gave a smile despite the pain. "Yup!" He replied, popping the P. "I'm fine. Just a bit tired. We have been training for a long while."

Cole stopped sparring against Lloyd and Zane against Nya. Although Nya wasn't a ninja, she was still good to train with as Samuri X.

"Perhaps it would be beneficial to take a break." Zane suggested. "People tend to work better when well rested."

"I could use a break." Lloyd agreed.

"Well then, it's settled." Cole said, walking over to Jay and resting his elbow on his friend. "We'll take a break for the day. We've been training for most of it anyways."

Kai nodded. "Okay then. Thanks guys. I think that I'll go lay down in my room for a bit." He waved goodbye to his brothers and sister before heading inside.

He couldn't make it to his room soon enough. The pain was unbearable at this point. His back felt like it was about to explode into Lava.

Opening his door, he dashed inside, closing and locking himself in. He took off his shirt as quickly as he could, almost tearing it.

He crouched on the floor as his wings unfolded from his back. They felt better coming out of his back. Though it hurt taking them out. He was careful to contain the heat inside them.

Kai stood, flexing his wings. They were a bright orange red mix. Made of fire, the flames would spread out if he wasn't careful containing the heat and flames. They looked to be made of sleek wax, but if they were, they would've melted.

Hiding them took energy. Energy that he luckily had. But if he hid them too long, it became more painful than anything the others could imagine. It was as if his back would melt of erupt into lava.

Kai longed to go outside and fly with his wings. He hadn't done that since he was little. He wondered if his father had the same wings as he did. But it wasn't like Ray was around for Kai to ask.

He sat on his bed, reading and drawing for the next few hours. His wings started to feel better. One thing to mention, his wings worked like a heater. If he kept them out, no matter how much he controlled the heat and flames, a good amount always managed to escape its containment.

A knock sounded on his door and Kai panicked. "Who is it?" Kai called, trying to hide his wings.

"It's Jay. Mind if I come in?" His voice called through the door. It was cheerful as always.

"Uhm. Give me a second." Kai said. He struggled to get his wings out back away. Pressing them against his back, he imagined slits in his back, bringing them back in, then closing them up.

It always hurt to do that. Opening the gashes in his back felt as if he cut his back open fresh each time, but he had gotten used to it.

Kai walked to the door and unlocked it. Jay stood patiently on the other side. Jay looked at Kai, mildly shocked and surprised to see Kai shirtless. Kai could've sworn his friend's cheeks became dusted with a red blush.

"H-hey Kai. I just wanted to see how you were doing. You've just been in your room for the past while alone." Jay asked.

Kai chuckled, scratching his head nervously. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. I've just been resting. Uh, wanna hang out?"

Jay shrugged, looking down the hallways. "Sure. I don't see why not." Kai moved out of the way and Jay walking into his friend's room.

Jay was instantly hit with the high heat. "Whoa! Did I just walk into a sauna or a desert?" Jay sounded more astounded than mad.

"Sorry about that. I must've over heated the room. Being master of fire and all, I don't have the best judgment when it comes to heating." Kai apologized. His wings had been out for quite a long time, but more heat must've leaked out than he had originally thought.

"It's okay. I understand. What do you have to do in here?" Jay asked.

"Well, we could watch a movie? Or I have board games. I do not really have much I'm just realizing. We could, um, uh, draw?"

Jay smiled at his friend's nervousness. It was cute how Kai got flustered when he felt like he wasn't the most interesting or uplifting person. "How about draw and a movie?"

Kai grinned. "Sounds good to me." Honestly, just hanging with Jay, however they spent it, sounded great to him. He'd never admit it to anyone, but, Jay was cute.

Kai popped in a random movie and brought over more drawing supplies to the bed. They drew whatever came to mind as the movie went through each scene.

Jay stared at Kai who sat across from him. He swore his face would melt off. It was probably so red. Why did Kai not have a shirt on? You'd think he would have done that by now.

He wasn't complaining. Like, it was hot! Not saying Kai wasn't ever not hot! He was THE master of fire. He's going to be hot. But Kai was hot on the eyes. Like, he'd totally kiss him for hours. Wait- did I really just think that. Jay mentally facepalmed. Whatever. It was true.

At one point they completely ignored and forgot about the movie. They started to talk and the movie was just background noise.

"What were you doing while alone in here?" Jay asked. "I mean you don't have to tell me. It's your business."

Kai hated lying, but he didn't want to tell anyone about his wings. He'd always kept them a secret because what would someone do with someone who had wings of fire? They wouldn't hesitate to threaten people he knew. And the less people who knew, the less likely it was to get out.

"Mostly just taking a nap. Bad sleep schedule." Kai gave a nervous chuckle, scratching his head.

"Dude. Is this what you get up to with your own room? Not getting proper sleep? Do we need to move you into someone's room to make sure you sleep well?" Jay said, now fussing over his friend. He did this not because Kai was his brother and friend, but because he, well, loved him. Romantically. Even if he knew it would never happen. "You'll drive yourself mad without good rest."

Kai chuckled. It was sweet of Jay to care. "It's not my fault. My body won't let me sleep. I have insomnia." He didn't sleep because he tried to have his wings out for as many hours as he could during the night. And containing the heat took bit of concentration.

"Have you tried taking some sleep medications?" Jay suggested.

Kai nodded. He hadn't really. "Yeah. They don't work for me."

"Oh. Well darn. We ought to just work you to death everyday then." Jay chuckled. It was a joke, he hoped Kai understood that. Sometimes his humor would get angry glares from the others or be taken seriously.

Kai just smiled, changing the conversation. "What about you? What were you doing while I was taking a break from consciousness?"

Fantasizing being with you. Jay thought. Unlike Kai, Jay was open with his feelings, even if it was just accepting them himself. Nya knew about the crush he had on her brother, and teased him relentlessly. But he'd never admit those feelings to the person of his fancy. "Just playing some video games. Nothing fun here either."

They stared at each other for a minute before tearing their eyes away. Jay blushed brightly, making him glad Kai looked away too. Kai knew he blushed slightly, but rejected that fact. Love was something he couldn't give any room for. What if he fell in love, and someone knew about his secret? Someone might get hurt because of him.

"So, wanna go see about a snack?" Jay asked. He was once again staring at Kai's bare chest. Look at those abs- He needs to put a shirt on before I explode!

Kai shrugged. "Sure. I'm hungry." They stood up and Kai threw on a shirt before they left.

Jay looked at his friend. Now I'm kinda sad he has one on. Jay tried not to chuckle as he didn't want Kai asking any questions he may be nervous to answer.

They made their way into the kitchen to sneak a quick snack before they could get caught by the others, and ran back to Kai's room, laughing.

A/N after writing this chapter, I have a slight idea of how I want this book to go! I like writing this, it gives me something fresh to write!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 663 22
🎉*Completed*🎊 Kai have been holding a huge family serect from others. He was never treated right by his father as he went threw a lot of painful "t...
13.7K 663 20
➛ Y/N, a young man shouldering the weight of responsibility that comes with being the only breadwinner for his family, grapples with the fallout of h...
3.1K 62 7
*****REWRITING!!!! Marked as complete so people know I'm Not editing anymore!!!****** Not everyone gets a choice in who they want to be. Sometimes de...
31.2K 1K 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...